Aluminium Pedals

squiretolley

Reaction score
Guys,

I know there's already a hijacked thread on here about aluminium pedals, but though it'd be a good idea to start a new one.

If anyone's got any photos of the new style pedals please post them here.

Cheers

Saw them yesterday but unfortunately my iPhone was dead so didn't get a shot. May call back in next week if I've time and get one for you; they're the same as the new S3 and Golf VII GTI pedals.

Thanks. Are they the ones for £55 from Stoke Audi? Do you know how easy they are to fit?

cheers

They are and they're very easy to fit. The current clutch and brake pedal rubbers are removed and the aluminium ones fitted in their place; the accelerator pedal cap just fits over the current one. Only difficulty is removing the clutch and brake covers as sometimes the plastic can be quite stiff. I've done the ones on the A1 (which are very similar) a couple of times with varying degrees of difficulty...

I've just emailed Stoke Audi to see if they have any pics of them for manual cars, since the only pics on the internet seem to be for the S3. Once I've seen some pics, I'll probably just go ahead any buy them. I did the same on my A1 and they looked great - really help finish off the interior.

I think they'll just be the standard ones you can get on the A1. My dealer's charging £56 fitted.

Reactions: Sparky80
I hope they're the S3 style ones but doubt it seeing though the S3 isn't out yet. I've asked the dealer, will let you know his response.

I think that even the older A1 style ones are worth it though for £50 odd quid.

If I knew that the ones from the A1 would have fitted, I would have removed them before selling it!!

I wonder what the description means "for vehicles with and without ECO function"...?

Not sure TBH. Actually after looking again on the Stoke Audi parts website they could be the S3 style ones based on the price of the RS4 style ones. Surely if they're the same as the A1 pedals they'd be nearer £45.....

Here's to wishful thinking!!!

Just to finally put this to bed:

THEY ARE THE SAME AS THE 8V S3 ONES. (See post #2)

I hope Leicester Audi give me the same then and don't fob me off with the old style!

I'd tell them 8v specific pedals are available, if I was you. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they weren't aware of the new pedals and were planning on fitting the A1 style pedals until we spoke.

I think anyone wanting these would be better dealing with Stoke Audi Parts as they are the only people that seem to know what's what. In the past any other Audi parts department I've spoken to seem to think you're speaking Russian or something...

Reactions: TDI-line
I think anyone wanting these would be better dealing with Stoke Audi Parts as they are the only people that seem to know what's what. In the past any other Audi parts department I've spoken to seem to think you're speaking Russian or something...

Hopefully Stoke Audi will get back to me tomorrow with some info. I just want to see what they look like before ordering, but really keen to go ahead and order them!

Hopefully Stoke Audi will get back to me tomorrow with some info. I just want to see what they look like before ordering, but really keen to go ahead and order them!

They have just emailed me... no photos yet as they are on back order from Germany! :(

£55 seems very cheap. They're a £160 option on the new Golf - you can see a pic if you go to the New Golf configurator on the VW web site and scroll through accessories.
I have them on my A1 and from what I've seen the pedals on the new A3 aren't the same.

Last edited:
Controversially I think I prefer the old style ones more.

From the looks of the actual pedals I'd say it's a certainty that the A1 ones will fit too, which incidentally look like the old ones.

Hmmm not totally sure, I think the accelerator might be a slightly different shape.

I'm not too fussed which pedals they fit TBH, both old and new style will add that finishing touch to the interior I think.

Reactions: spirosdimos
Anyone know if they're easy to fit?

If they're like the A1, which I suspect they are then yes, they are very easy to fit.
It requires the removal of the clutch and brake pedal rubbers; which can sometimes be a bit of a b**tard to get off (if it's cold) and the placement of the new ones onto the pedals pushing the rubber retainer on the cap through the hole at the back of the steel pedal. The accelerator pedal cap just fits over the existing one as this cannot be removed.

I picked my car up this morning and have to say the pedals look fantastic! The footwell lighting really complements them and they finish the interior off nicely in my opinion. Not the best pic, will take some proper ones in a few days

7C112BBD-9AB8-433A-8D99-8D0F83BA7040-21697-00000B7D8C065782.jpg

They look good!!! Mine have still not arrived yet, but yeah would be nice to see some more photos.

They look fantastic, I'm going to order mine right now from Stoke Audi

Fitted them this evening. A bit of perseverance is needed to ensure they are properly hooked on and the accelerator seemed to take longest. They do look good and match the other bits of silver/aluminium in the cabin. ;)

B45BDF69-6165-499B-8315-DE19DE7FEEA6-1993-0000011248DAC91E_zps321c24ef.jpg

... and those are a cheap set of mats I bought off ebay for about £15 just to keep the good ones clean over winter!

Looks nice! I have them 2. I'm installing them tomorrow. :)

I wonder when the footrest will be available..??