Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Aluminium Pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl View Post
    What do you mean with this??

The foorest is coming out when the S3 will be available in a few months..
    If they bring out a footrest in the same vain as the pedals for right hand drive I'll be very very surprised; that's what I mean by that.
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    No aluminium foot rest on the S3 in the pics of the one in the post in Brighton Audi.

Reverse Gear

Status
    How did you managed to install the accelerator cap? I struggeled for an hour or two without luck.
    Using Tapatalk

6th Gear

Status
    It is tricky, it took me a while as well. The other 2 are easy, but there is a knack to the last one. If I remember rightly, I had to hook one corner of the pedal into the side of the cover (held diagonally), then kind of 'rotate' it on keeping the corner in the runner and hooking the other corner of the pedal into its place on the cover. Then you have to press the sides down to get the rest of the side runner in place.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cristideca View Post
    How did you managed to install the accelerator cap? I struggeled for an hour or two without luck.
    Hi, I fitted these type of pedals to my a4 b8, advice I was given was to steep them in hot water to soften the rubber, worked for me, remember, they're hot though!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Will put it into boiled water and see what will happen. Thanks for the advice!
    Using Tapatalk

2nd Gear

Status
    Will try hot water also (but not as far as boiling) as the brake pedal cap was easy but just can't get the accelerator pedal cap on properly.....

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

Neutral

Status
    I asked the dealer to fit mine because my previous experience with fitting the alu pedals on my A1 was a real pain and reduced me with finger ache for the rest of the day. However the dealer forgot which cheesed me off so I had to do it myself.

I found the brake and clutch pedals easy to fit and the accelerator a little more trickier. The whole thing took me about 5 mins. Think my A1 experience must have stood me in good stead

6th Gear

Status
    Brake/clutch took me 30 secs each, accelerator took me about 20 mins! I think it would be a lot quicker next time given I've worked out the best way to do it now, but it did baffle me for a while trying to work out how the hell I was going to get it on!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12