My new A3 S-Line in Daytona Grey

nortsuk

Reaction score
Hi all, I put my hand up at being a bit of a lurker since I signed up, but i've found these forums invaluable over the years and had many laughs at some of the banter!

After two previous 'used' A3s, an 03 plate Phantom Black 2.0tdi Sport, and a 57 Misano Red 2.0tdi S-Line, yesterday I became the proud owner of a brand new 13 plate 2.0 Tdi S-Line in Daytona Gray, and I have to say, its incredible! Its opened up a huge gulf between it and the older generation A3s - the whole package is a million times better than what was already a stunning car.

Having already spent 11 hours behind the wheel with a couple of long trips with work, the main thing for me is the improvement to the level of comfort inside the car. It was always a bit of a gripe of mine that Audi seemed to skimp a bit on the interior bells and whistles, even on the top of the range models - steering wheel audio controls, poor visual display screens compared to rivals, connectivity with ipods etc - but they've completely nailed it with this model.

I was fortunate my dealer found me a car that was already ordered but matched what I was looking for, so put the deposit down end of January. Its got DAB, comfort pack and phone box. The easy hook up with my iPhone, and the seamless way it navigates between phone and music, is a dream. Sound quality is great, even on basic system. MMI is a brilliant little system, although the fact the scroll wheel moves the selector the wrong way round (due to its original lhd setup?) is a bit of a niggle. Nevertheless, my journey home along the M62 tonight took far longer than normal thanks to me pottering along while enjoying all the new toys at my disposal!

As for performance - the drive select function is superb, a really noticeable difference between the modes. Dynamic has the punch and performance of a sports car, efficiency noticeably 'squashes' the performance to maximise fuel savings. Its a real pleasure to drive. The slight diesel lag has all but gone, to the point you could be mistaken for driving a petrol car. Acceleration puts a big grin on my face every time.

Anyway, its early days and im very happy, but wanted to put a couple of pictures up, mainly with the hope it might help others who had the problem I had before taking the plunge with this car. I was completely undecided over the colour choice, having had the stunning misano red before and wanting to keep something so bright and eyecatching. Yet looking at photos on here, and seeing daytona grey in the showroom on another model, I decided it really showed off the lines of the s-line, and made the new chrome trim really stand out. I absolutely love it, and im happy I went for it!

So, thanks to all those who have posted pictures in the past that helped me, as well as those who weighed up pros and cons of everything from paint colour to accessory packs in the forum posts ive been reading!

P1000928
P1000933
P1000934
P1000932

Last edited:
Reactions: Toadoftoadhall and XXXCorps
Very nice, very jealous...
One think I'll definitely agree with is the sound quality of the standard 8 speaker sound system; in alot of ways equal to the Bose in my current A3. The 2.0 TDI S Line demonstrator that Huddersfield Audi let me have for weekend was really put through its paces in all respects and was gutted to return it in the end; my A3 felt so small getting back into it; the level of comfort of the new model is simply astounding!
I plumped for Misano Red in the end after watching all those great videos on YouTube... Can't wait!!

Last edited:
Reactions: nortsuk
The misano red is a stunning colour, especially on a bright sunny day when its just polished. Will miss seeing it gleaming outside the house...but there's always the next one in a few years! Besides, I felt the same when I changed into red from my black one!

Just took delivery of mine today - 1.6TDI 3dr, S-line, also in daytona.

Can only echo what you're saying. The interior is a total revolution. The steering and general driving experience is vastly improved. The ride is a lot smoother than my old 8p sport even though my new car has 18inch wheels. I've been thoroughly impressed. The tech pack is worth the extra. Its a joy to use.

Initial impressions are as good as they could be.

Excellent photos! yes that Daytona Grey really does look good and shows the body lines really well. Have you got the stiffer S Line suspension or did you deselect this? If not how do you find the stiffer set up?

Smart looking car. Think the new A3 is growing on me as i wasnt a fan at first.

Do you have any plans for it?

Very nice, very jealous...
One think I'll definitely agree with is the sound quality of the basic sound system; in alot of ways equal to the Bose in my current A3. The 2.0 TDI S Line demonstrator that Huddersfield Audi let me have for weekend was really put through its paces in all respects and was gutted to return it in the end; my A3 felt so small getting back into it; the level of comfort of the new model is simply astounding!
I plumped for Misano Red in the end after watching all those great videos on YouTube... Can't wait!!

the standard sound system is as good as your old Bose one? Did you mean the Audi sound system or standard one?

[QUTE=XXXCorps;1809403]The Standard one, as mentioned...[/QUOTE]
did the old bose one not have a sub?

Very nice A3. I just received mine yesterday and was confused on what colour to pick. I found black, white and Daytona very common but all three very nice. I decided to go with metallic monsoon grey, and what a choice it was! It's a colour that seems to change in the day time compared to the night. But it looks amazing at either time of the day! Recommended!!

Reactions: Pulp84 and Bristle Hound
Very nice A3. I just received mine yesterday and was confused on what colour to pick. I found black, white and Daytona very common but all three very nice. I decided to go with metallic monsoon grey, and what a choice it was! It's a colour that seems to change in the day time compared to the night. But it looks amazing at either time of the day! Recommended!! View attachment 47895
Hi Andy & :welcome!: to ASN!

Nice A3 you've got there buddy!

Enjoy the site :thumbs up: