Did Someone Ask for Some SD Card Based Sat-Nav Pictures?

XXXCorps

Reaction score
Satnav3_zps609144aa.jpg

Satnav2_zpse3362427.jpg

satnav_zps86885884.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecosphere and Toadoftoadhall
This is the standard MMI with the SD Card based Sat-Nav, NOT the more expensive Technology Package...

Well it was actually at the dealership but I'm now getting it retrofitted before collection when mine arrives. It's very easy to use and works with voice commands which I thought was better than my current A3. Obviously the resolution is not as good as my RNS-E but it blends well into the overal MMI package I think.
It's more expensive than say a top of the range Garmin but clearly a Garmin won't add to the value of your car. I'm currently using 2 x 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Cards in my RNS-E, when the new car arrives I'll just buy a 64GB SD card and have the same set up as before.
Just a quick footnote too; I tried a 160GB iPod Classic I had with me in the MMI and it worked perfectly albeit without artwork...

Last edited:
I didn't ask for it, but thanks anyway :) looks good enough I hardly use my 3gmmi sat nav so having this with full 7 digit postcode is more than enough. Thanks!

Well it was actually at the dealership but I'm now getting it retrofitted before collection when mine arrives. It's very easy to use and works with voice commands which I thought was better than my current A3. Obviously the resolution is not as good as my RNS-E but it blends well into the overal MMI package I think.
It's more expensive than say a top of the range Garmin but clearly a Garmin won't add to the value of your car. I'm currently using 2 x 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Cards in my RNS-E, when the new car arrives I'll just buy a 64GB SD card and have the same set up as before.
Just a quick footnote too; I tried a 160GB iPod Classic I had with me in the MMI and it worked perfectly albeit without artwork...

How much for the retro fit?

Loks good to me - particularly as I've ordered the SB with the basic nav thrown in.

Reactions: XXXCorps
Wolverhampton Audi quoted me £495 fitted last week when working down there, Huddersfield Audi where I'm getting my car from doing it for £250 but only because I negotiated that into the deal, also putting in aluminium pedals and cruise control too before collection.

Wolverhampton Audi quoted me £495 fitted last week when working down there, Huddersfield Audi where I'm getting my car from doing it for £250 but only because I negotiated that into the deal, also putting in aluminium pedals and cruise control too before collection.

I'm also having aluminium pedals fitted - do you know what pedals you're having fitted? The reason I ask is it'd be nice to have the new S3 pedals if possible rather than the older style TT ones

The pedals on the 8v A3 look very much like the ones on the A1 so would assume they are like aluminium ones for that vehicle. I would be more than happy with these that being the case. I haven't seen the ones on the S3 though...

Yeah that's what I assumed too and used to explain to my dealer that they'd fit!

However, the two pics below (hope they work) show how different the new pedals are. If the S3 also has an aluminium footrest, it's something I'd fit to complement the pedals.

2013-audi-s3-sportback-3.jpg

ad2013s358051409.jpg

Mmmmm funny that they they look like that, as they're exactly the same as the aluminium pedals accessory for the Golf VII. That means that the A3 accessory could be them as they are more expensive than the A1 ones. They are on Stoke Audi Parts' website and cost more there than the equivalent A1 caps. Here's hoping eh?

Just had a look on that website.. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a word with my dealer next week!

Sorry for going off topic btw

I know this is slightly off topic but I was looking for the ally pedals too but cos Salisbury Audi don't have much of a clue all they could say is there isn't a brochure out yet?
dont suppose you have the part number for the manual pedal set up? I can then try and get them thrown into the deal as a gift?
cheers

How much for the retro fit?

As stated, it's about £500. All they do is supply the SD card with the maps and activate the system by hooking it up to their systems and calling home to Audi. All A3s are supplied with the necessary hardware for nav, it's just a case of adding the card and activating the system, which can be done at any point.

Totally worth it IMO - have had built-in nav in my A3s for over six years now and would never go back to a standalone unit.

Is this on the smaller screen, not the 7"? I am getting the smaller screen, is it still a decent size? Only seen showroom ones with the full MMI upgrade

I'm getting my car from doing it for £250 but only because I negotiated that into the deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong - if you're getting it retrofitted then you mean you spec'd it after placing your car order, so I'm wondering how you managed to re-negotiate after the deal was signed? I'm not trying to pull you up for mis-stating yourself, I'm just trying to think of how I might get it retrofitted into mine on the cheap before I pick it up :D

What I mean by retrofitted is that I negotiated it into the deal, the car didn't come with it factory fitted. The best thing for you to do is contact your salesman and ask him nicely if he can tap up parts and service and get it fitted before you collect the vehicle...
I also got them to fit cruise control into it this way. The car was already built and awaiting shipment from Emden but was only specced with privacy glass.

Audi A3 8V 2013> Aluminium Pedal Caps for Manual RHD - Stoke Audi Parts

No part number on the site but if you use the contact form on there I'm sure Richard will supply you with the part numbers.

I've just received a message from Richard confirming the pedals are the same as the S3 pictures I posted above. He is unable to provide part numbers but I'm going to pop in to TPS tomorrow morning to get hold of them.

I'll post them up so we can make sure we get the right ones fitted rather than the old A3 / TT style ones

Good man... That's absolutely made my Friday!!

As vertigo stated already, its not a retrofit at all, its already got the require parts fitted, the sd card activation is usually £495, so its purely a switch press as such, by way of software.

I'm just trying to think of how I might get it retrofitted into mine on the cheap before I pick it up :D

As above.

the car didn't come with it factory fitted. The best thing for you to do is contact your salesman and ask him nicely if he can tap up parts and service and get it fitted before you collect the vehicle...

Also as above fella, it does come factory fitted, but not activated.

Have you done any coding yet on the new A3? Is this something you could code for example after the SD Card is purchased from Audi? Can the needle sweep be done do you know?

The sd card purchase is the activation as such, cant be done by anyone but the dealer & if they did somehow crack the system, it would be disabled I reckon when in at an audi dealership.

Nobody has requested any work on the 8V as yet, but its very early days tbh.

I've just received a message from Richard confirming the pedals are the same as the S3 pictures I posted above. He is unable to provide part numbers but I'm going to pop in to TPS tomorrow morning to get hold of them.

I'll post them up so we can make sure we get the right ones fitted rather than the old A3 / TT style ones

Forgive my stupidity, but how easy or difficult are the pedals to fit? Are they the ones at £55 on the Stoke Audi parts website?

Saw the pedals covers first hand today and they identical to the 8v S3 ones...

Now look here let's have those temperature controls evened up, it's just not on having one side different from the other..............

Or am I being a bit OCD?