AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1st Gear

Status
    In the german price list the optional MMI Nav Plus with MMi touch is a whopping 2725.00 Euros. That equates to £2353. The Uk price of the tech package is about £1500. Wow - that is some difference!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    In the german brochure the LED headlights are only an option on the S3 (which has the Xenons as standard). The LEDs are not available as an option, on the other A3 models.
    Which answers the question about the price - it's 770 Euros on top of Xenons, so when it comes in as an option on other A3 models which don't have Xenons as standard, you're looking at £1500-£2000.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

4th Gear

Status
    All excellent info thanks a lot for that - the overall picture is becoming clearer.

So alloys upgrade from 18" to 18" around £200 .... odd but suppose it won't break the bank !
    LED's around £650 ... can live with that
    Pano sunroof, lumbar, folding mirrors, privacy glass etc can get from current price list for A3

So just the quilted effect seats and UK price for the S3 and I am sorted.

There was an element in the german price list that looked around 1100 euros under what looked like the seating / leather section so I am guessing it my be around £900 which is a tad pricey but hmmm it does look good and the design is exclusive to the S3.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    Incidentally one thing not mentioned; on Audi.de Konfigurator you can specify Super Sports seats on the S Line...

2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXCorps View Post
    Incidentally one thing not mentioned; on Audi.de Konfigurator you can specify Super Sports seats on the S Line...

ahhh so not exclusive to the S3 then ... great find and they look cool don't they

Would like to try them out first though to make sure they are comfortable, but sure they will be !
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Reverse Gear

Status

Audi.de Brochure for Audi A3 & S3...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    In the german brochure the LED headlights are only an option on the S3 (which has the Xenons as standard). The LEDs are not available as an option, on the other A3 models.
    Not yet but my dealer in the Netherlands confirmed they will be available around Q3. I also heard a higher price then the 700,- you guys mention. About 1500-1750 on the standard A3 and thats a lot of money for Led. Now wait for the official news.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjedroo View Post
    Not yet but my dealer in the Netherlands confirmed they will be available around Q3. I also heard a higher price then the 700,- you guys mention. About 1500-1750 on the standard A3 and thats a lot of money for Led. Now wait for the official news.
    Yes we await with interest! Apparently UK orders can be placed in April, so at this time we will get the UK specification and pricing. Will this be the same for the Netherlands?

Neutral

Status
    Just a quick note on converting Euro prices in to GBP - the Euro is really strong against the pound at the moment, so you'll get what seem like rather high prices if you just do a straight conversion.

I haven't looked in to it myself, but I'm guessing if you convert the prices of cars currently available in Germany and the UK (say a 2.0 TDI 3dr Sport etc) you'd find the prices don't match based on today's exchange rate (if you convert from Euros to Pounds you should find that the actually UK retail price is less than that calculated price).

So don't get too panicky about the S3 costing 33k rather than 31k etc, at least not until the prices are released in the UK.

Also worth bearing in mind that they don't have to sell them for the same price e.g. If a manufacturer decides a market can/can't swallow a certain price point, they will tweak the price for that market.

1st Gear

Status
    Ah yes that could explain it Clewsey. Good point!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12