Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

What color combines best with chestnut brown seats?

I've ordered a A3 Sportback, and something that I knew by sure is that I want the chestnut brown seats (seen in photos only). I think it looks really good and will add personality (almost everybody has black). I ordered it with white amalfi, but I also do like monsoon grey. Do you think I've chosen well with white amalfi + chestnut brown or do you suggest another combo? I'm aware that glaciar white is more popular than white amalfi, i do like glaciar white, but i think white amalfi suits better for these seats. I also like daytona grey very much but my budget can't afford paying it.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Silver might sit well against the chestnut brown but for me white gives you the best contrast.

Must admit the A3 brochure didn't do a lot for me with the chestnut (almost burgundy tone) interior but looking forward to some pics anyways :-)
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

Neutral

Status

Dakota grey has a brownish tinge which I think would look good with the brown leather

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrix View Post
    I've ordered a A3 Sportback, and something that I knew by sure is that I want the chestnut brown seats (seen in photos only). I think it looks really good and will add personality (almost everybody has black). I ordered it with white amalfi, but I also do like monsoon grey. Do you think I've chosen well with white amalfi + chestnut brown or do you suggest another combo? I'm aware that glaciar white is more popular than white amalfi, i do like glaciar white, but i think white amalfi suits better for these seats. I also like daytona grey very much but my budget can't afford paying it.
    I would want to see the chestnut brown seats in a car rather than rely on the photos which show only parts of the inside.
    You need to be certain you like the colour or you may regret it.

I think the Amalfi White will go with the chestnut brown seats better than Glacier White.

Years go (1977!) I had a Ford Capri with tan seats, paintwork was Neptune Blue. That was a good combination.

What about Scuba Blue? Just a thought! Sorry for the curve ball!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

1st Gear

Status
    Based on colour harmony theory the closest harmonious match would be a blue car:D

If in doubt tho, white.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the opinions. Blue does might work with brown, but...

White amalfi is on the top of my list, but something that concerns me is that it's really hard to find photos with this color and people choosing it. Can that mean that this color doesn't suit well for this model? In addition, Audi's marketing campaign is promoting glaciar white. Maybe because they want people paying for white? Or because that white suits better for the car than amalfi white?...

2nd Gear

Status
    I've always liked black, with brown / cream interior

mark.
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.