Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Newbie with a problem.

Hi all,

I was due to pick my new Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S-Line up tomorrow but there is a problem.

Yellow key warning light on dash - techs have tried to rectify but it keeps coming back - pending reply from Audi Germany.

I'm not too happy that my new car is already having problems and I haven't even picked it up yet !.

Any ideas what it could be folks and would you reject it for a replacement ?.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Well that depends. If you try to reject it then you risk a potential wait whilst they source you another car (If they accept your rejection - which I would think unlikely at this point). I would give them a bit longer to identify and fix the fault, it's likely just one faulty component somewhere.

These things happen, and it isn't an indication that you're going to have a future issues with the car.

If it drags on and on then yes, reconsider your position.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Of course dont accept it until the problems rectified, its a new car, so there should be no issues when collecting.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    It appears that the fault may be a bent pin in the "control unit". The control unit is located in the back of the glovebox - is this the ECU ?. New unit being fitted tomorrow.

Any opinions ?. Would you accept the car or not ?. Not keen on the ECU being swopped out if I'm honest.

3rd Gear

Status
    Control unit replacement is fairly straightforward. I wouldn't worry too much about it. That's what a warranty is for - after all, would you feel any better if it had gone in a week or a month?

I've had a few issues with new cars on collection ranging from a faulty battery to squeaky clutch (which ended up with the dealer dropping the gearbox at 1000 miles.... not happy) to poor paint. You'd be amazed how many cars have damage repaired/sprayed at the port and in most cases we know nothing about it.

I'd try and get a little sweetener from the dealer for the inconvenience though.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Update : convenience or comfort (not sure which) control unit changed today - fault now appears to be fixed. This unit apparently covers the radio, phone etc. Any thoughts - still wary with it been a new motor.