2013 Audi S3

Guys after much thinking and negotiating, I have ordered my S3 Saloon!

Also big thanks to advice on discounts. I used car wow and used a good quote from there to negotiate 5% from Cambridge audi. They said before I started that they had given no discount at all on all the S3's they had sold so far, but after some discussion and showing them what kings Lynn were offering they went off for 20 mins and came back with an offer! So pleased :yahoo:

That's more or less what I did with my saloon, but added about £200 to one of the quotes I received through carwow and the salesman came back with an offer that matched it straight away....

Ladies, Gentlemen, PilotAudi...

Meet my new extractor fan wheels!!

Not the best lighting or weather conditions but still look pretty damn good, they look amazing in the flesh!

Just need to geometry sorting as there is a slight vibration at 70mph

Probs went a bit overboard with pics, but then again i know they are welcomed here!!

Reactions: T3ryp, Trickz, Fragup and 8 others
Are these 19"?
Could just be an illusion, but looks like it's riding higher than on the 18", but then again it will be if they are 19" with the same profile tyre as the 18".
That's one of the downsides of changing from standard I guess.

Love these wheels by the way, good match for the S3.

Yes they are 19" lower profile tyre than the standard 18's

p.s. I have got a set of standard S3 alloys with tyres for sale, inbox me for details anyone who's interested

Personally I think that wheels suit the car really well looks mint ;)
True what they say that u can't judge a rim until u have the 4 on :)
Just one question is how is the ride now with 19's compared with the 18's m8?

Personally I think that wheels suit the car really well looks mint ;)
True what they say that u can't judge a rim until u have the 4 on :)
Just one question is how is the ride now with 19's compared with the 18's m8?

Surprisingly only marginally harder, can hardly notice it

Just need to get them properly balanced / geometry to sprt the vibration out!

Getting alot more attention from other cars since having them

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Johnnyb:2030451 said:
Yes they are 19" lower profile tyre than the standard 18's

p.s. I have got a set of standard S3 alloys with tyres for sale, inbox me for details anyone who's interested

235's mate? Looks the business! What's the standard 18" tyre size that came with the car?

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
The new tyre size is - 225/35 ZR19

Would prob look a bit better lowered but i'm happy with it as it is!

the_lecht_rocks:2030485 said:
235's mate? Looks the business! What's the standard 18" tyre size that came with the car?

225/45/18 and on 19" you will need 225/35/19

Thanks Rock, just found this which may be of interest to others like myself changing up.....

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/tire/2013/1819895/audi_s3_sportback.html

nice wheel, what offset are they? think its measured by XXET
thinking about the RS4 Wheel for when I get mine

Hi Johnny

I have to say they look pretty good on the white car. Do they make much difference to handling ? Clear wheel arches O K?
Have Asda missed them yet??? (Joking .. Honest ;-)

On the tyre front it seems to be 225 45. 17 225 40 18 and 225 35 19 increasing the 225 isn't necessary .
Ever driven an A7 with 275 30 21s awesome. But noisy!

Hi Johnny

I have to say they look pretty good on the white car. Do they make much difference to handling ? Clear wheel arches O K?
Have Asda missed them yet??? (Joking .. Honest ;-)

Just picked my jaw up from the floor haha!

Haven't noticed any difference on handling, but then again i'm yet to even give the car a proper thrashing, you feel a very marginal difference in bumps in the road, but it is probably coupled with a placebo effect / looking out for the change..

I'd love you all to see them in the flesh, they look 10X better than the already good photo's, Audi are seriously missing a big trick not offering an 19" wheel

In that case you could head to Scotland then down to me in Wales then the south east, we get to see your wheels and you'll have run your car well in with the mileage! :p

Reactions: Johnnyb
Just picked my jaw up from the floor haha!

Haven't noticed any difference on handling, but then again i'm yet to even give the car a proper thrashing, you feel a very marginal difference in bumps in the road, but it is probably coupled with a placebo effect / looking out for the change..

I'd love you all to see them in the flesh, they look 10X better than the already good photo's, Audi are seriously missing a big trick not offering an 19" wheel

Really strange they don't considering the S3 Saloon comes on 19's as standard

Just revisited my order and I'm happy with the colour and going for the SB. I ordered S-tronic but I'm still not convinced it is worth the extra money.

Don't know to leave it as it is or go manual and add tech pack and privacy glass.

Reactions: Trickz
Just revisited my order and I'm happy with the colour and going for the SB. I ordered S-tronic but I'm still not convinced it is worth the extra money.

Don't know to leave it as it is or go manual and add tech pack and privacy glass.

Do it! Manual is great & tech pack good too!!

Do it! Manual is great & tech pack good too!!
Our S-Line TDI is manual with tech pack, I don't suppose it will make much difference when it comes to resale down the line will it?

is there any particular option(s)you would say are vital when it comes to the S3?

Got a call from my dealer today, car was built this week and should be with me in a few weeks. So not long now to swap my nippy little A1 for the quick S3.

Looking forard to getting it before Christmas so I can enjoy it with the week off up to new year.

Reactions: Johnnyb and the_lecht_rocks
Really strange they don't considering the S3 Saloon comes on 19's as standard

Agreed!

i'd have probably kept the standard alloy had they offered them in 19", very strange of Audi to make a 300bhp S car, make the styling rather conservative and then only offer an 18" wheel, especially when they are available on the Golf!

It certainly looks alot more aggressive now, and could almost pass for looking like an Audi alloy option

Agreed!

i'd have probably kept the standard alloy had they offered them in 19", very strange of Audi to make a 300bhp S car, make the styling rather conservative and then only offer an 18" wheel, especially when they are available on the Golf!

It certainly looks alot more aggressive now, and could almost pass for looking like an Audi alloy option

Definitely, I think your alloys look superb mate!

Anyone know if you can change the black S badged brake calipers to red ones on request? They are red on the S3 saloon brochure??

Anyone know if you can change the black S badged brake calipers to red ones on request? They are red on the S3 saloon brochure??

I noticed that mate but i think it's another c0ck up in the Audi brochure like the stainless steel foot pedal was..

I'm interested in having my calipers painted red, called Audi a few weeks ago and they said they don't offer that service and even if i got it done elsewhere it will invalidate the warranty on them!

I noticed that mate but i think it's another c0ck up in the Audi brochure like the stainless steel foot pedal was..

I'm interested in having my calipers painted red, called Audi a few weeks ago and they said they don't offer that service and even if i got it done elsewhere it will invalidate the warranty on them!

Very nice of them! I might have a look at some German used S3's to see if they offer it there, I can't believe they photoshopped the brochure pics

Our S-Line TDI is manual with tech pack, I don't suppose it will make much difference when it comes to resale down the line will it?

is there any particular option(s)you would say are vital when it comes to the S3?

I reckon comfort pack and Nav are vital come resale time. + TPMS..

I like Privacy (on Black car)... Tech pack is better than SD Nav.

1_zpsd6057cb4.jpg

Gorgeous m8... That Panther is beautiful! Can't wait to get mine!!!

Reactions: paullowther
just watched another walk round video - im going to keep the silver trim on my glacier, and now adding silver roof rails

Reactions: Johnnyb and gilesf

Hi guys,

I'm Audi mad and been lurking on here for a long time now but not really posted but I feel the need to comment on this pic........

Absolutely stunning!!!!

I have on order an S3 SB in Estoril with a few options but as with many of you have been in turmoil with colour choice!!
Last three Audi's have been Misano Red so defo looking for a change, I've been thinking Estoril/Glacier for a while until I saw this pic the purple coming through is awesome!!! Especially with the black pack........
My build week is 3 so not sure if I can change or not at this stage? Or if I want to ......AARGGGHHH

Reactions: paullowther
JohnnyB,

Those rims are stunning mate, really suit the white good choice!!, although could be doing with a drop IMO

JohnnyB,

Those rims are stunning mate, really suit the white good choice!!, although could be doing with a drop IMO

The gap in the pictures is a bit of an unfortunate illusion, the tyres actually hug the arch rather nicely, not much need for lowering IMO

I guess the photo's don't do it justice they always look better in the flesh.

They look awesome tho!!

Iv'e also spec'd the LED headlights and looking at your pics they look darker is this the case or is that just another illusion?

Surprisingly only marginally harder, can hardly notice it

Just need to get them properly balanced / geometry to sprt the vibration out!

Getting alot more attention from other cars since having them
looks fantastic!do you know what the pcd and offset is for the s3?

Hi guys,

I'm Audi mad and been lurking on here for a long time now but not really posted but I feel the need to comment on this pic........

Absolutely stunning!!!!

I have on order an S3 SB in Estoril with a few options but as with many of you have been in turmoil with colour choice!!
Last three Audi's have been Misano Red so defo looking for a change, I've been thinking Estoril/Glacier for a while until I saw this pic the purple coming through is awesome!!! Especially with the black pack........
My build week is 3 so not sure if I can change or not at this stage? Or if I want to ......AARGGGHHH

i swapped from estoril to panther ... It is a STUNNING colour

I think Estoril will soon become unpopular. One of those colours that are pushed for a while and then lose their appeal. Blacks and '50 ' shades of grey are a better bet.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks