Badger5AH Fabrications
Page 92 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4282858687888990919293949596979899102142 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,680 of 6213
Like Tree3382Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    I think their language says it all for me "Misano Rot metallic". A colour I'd never pay good money for as it looks like a flat base colour to me and you shouldn't have to get up close to what is a 'pearlescent' finish. My partner and I never gave it a second glance at the dealership.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi, due to a error in the build/ordering of my car, i didn't get a through load. I'm looking to compensate (through the dealer) this with roof bars and a box. Can anyone advise on which system to order, I already have rails. I have seen bars and boxes on Audi website and would look nice if it was audi branded but is this the best system to have or should i be looking at Thule? Advice would be gratefully received.

3rd Gear

Status
    whispbar look good but the integrated Thule Wingbars are the best constructed IMO.

3rd Gear

Status
    the Audi branded units are Thule Aerobar FWIW

Banned

Status
    8V S3/A3

Thule Rapid 753
    Bar 961 (962 might work as I have two) Wing/Aero?
    Kit 4035.

The ones I have from an 8P might fit anyone know??

Rapid 753
    Bar 969
    4014 Kit.

All bars are fairly interchangeable, I was once told, one size up.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I don't know if anybody else has posted an update from Audi yet re the foot rest
    I have had this from Audi today

Also with regards to your footplate, I have been advised by our product marketing team that your vehicle should have had a steel footplate fitted from the factory therefore I am just looking into how we go about getting this rectified.

At this stage I can see that the steel footplate is only available to be retro fitted on left-hand drive vehicles therefore I am awaiting to hear back from product marketing what can be done about this.

I will be in touch once I have further information.

I will let you know when I get an update

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    Hi, due to a error in the build/ordering of my car, i didn't get a through load. I'm looking to compensate (through the dealer) this with roof bars and a box. Can anyone advise on which system to order, I already have rails. I have seen bars and boxes on Audi website and would look nice if it was audi branded but is this the best system to have or should i be looking at Thule? Advice would be gratefully received.
    Got me all worried now! I hope they haven't missed b&o or tech pack off mine!!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    If anything is missing, either barter for discount or refuse the car.
    i will refuse the car if my spec is incorrect. This new S3 is a keeper for us, shelf life expected 8 to 10 years, but it only does 4000 mile per annum. 10 years with the wrong spec is too long !
    Johnnyb, PilotAudi, Lmg and 1 others like this.

5th Gear

Status
    If the spec is wrong and you end up ordering a new car there is also a very good case to be made for the dealer lending you something nice in the waiting period too. It is a bit worrying though as this isn't the first 8V that hasn't been built right...
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    If the spec is wrong and you end up ordering a new car there is also a very good case to be made for the dealer lending you something nice in the waiting period too. It is a bit worrying though as this isn't the first 8V that hasn't been built right...
    Toooo right; mine came without the mag ride!!
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    Toooo right; mine came without the mag ride!!
    How can't ANYBODY realise this! The car must pass through a dozen quality control checks before arriving!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

5th Gear

Status
    God that is worrying. I wonder what they'll miss off mine then?!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

4th Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

God that is worrying. I wonder what they'll miss off mine then?!
    I'm worried about traveling all the way up to Carlisle and then noticing something missing! I'd HATE that & lose my sh1t!

1st Gear

Status
    Somebody did suggest that the more times the spec. was changed the more likely something could be left off.

My suggestion is get written copy of the ordered configuration from the dealer.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

1st Gear

Status
    It would be interesting if there is a problem with the build and the car was from a web broker what the dealer would or should do about it as your not a direct customer.

Hope there arent problems, and remember that orer cock ups are in the minority.

I just wish that you could be offered a ticket with the order and track the car on the Audi website. How much simpler would that be?
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    It would be interesting if there is a problem with the build and the car was from a web broker what the dealer would or should do about it as your not a direct customer.

Hope there arent problems, and remember that orer cock ups are in the minority.

I just wish that you could be offered a ticket with the order and track the car on the Audi website. How much simpler would that be?
    No, they do treat you as a direct customer once the broker part is over.

My dealer emailed me confirming the spec after I'd been put in touch with him so I'm sure they've got everything right.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    Somebody did suggest that the more times the spec. was changed the more likely something could be left off.

My suggestion is get written copy of the ordered configuration from the dealer.
    EXACTLY

This is what i did a few weeks after ordering, i got my spec in writing...

But don't worry peeps that are collecting soon, it's rare this happens!
    paullowther and Danners78 like this.
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

Neutral

Status
    It is rare and in my case it was human error at the dealership not during the build process. If you have a confirmed build details you don't need to worry i'm sure. In my case it wasn't a big issue that would have meant me rejecting the car but glad it wasn't something like B&O or connect as I would have been pi55ed.

Mike at Carlisle has been great about it, admitted fault and rectifying to make me happy. I pleased with the service. We all make mistakes.
    Johnnyb and paullowther like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    No, they do treat you as a direct customer once the broker part is over.

My dealer emailed me confirming the spec after I'd been put in touch with him so I'm sure they've got everything right.
    That sounds pretty good then, sounds like you kind of get the best of both worlds
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

Neutral

Status
    If they get my colour wrong and its Amafi White rather than glacier I will probably cry! ha! What would be the worst mistake in the ordering process? Imagine if you ordered sport back and it turned up a 3 door - or you order s-tronic and its a manual... and you only have an auto license hahaha!
    Johnnyb likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    i have the order sheet which shows ALL of my selected options, mostly ALL udentified as "FACTORY".

assume if yhis is the case all will be well.

i'm a fanatical cyclist, and one of my mountain bikes is a custom made Nicolai which are German. Nicolai have a fantastic reputation, they are German, but have a terrible habit of making errors in the build on the back of custom orders.

maybe it's a German thing........................????

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    I think their language says it all for me "Misano Rot metallic". A colour I'd never pay good money for as it looks like a flat base colour to me and you shouldn't have to get up close to what is a 'pearlescent' finish. My partner and I never gave it a second glance at the dealership.

your right, it doesn't have glittery bits in the paint, but is not a flat colour has an extra depth of colour plain colours don't have ,
    its personal preference to wether you like that or not, but I think is worth every penny. Especially if you don't want to blend into the crowd, but that's the choice isn't it.
    PilotAudi, CraigI and gilesf like this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

5th Gear

Status
    After having made 5 adjustments to my order it sounds like I need to ask for confirmation from Derby of my confirmed and locked in order!

Banned

Status
    Yes you do ITMan.. My dealer order showed x2 5 year warranties on it!

3rd Gear

Status
    Happened last year to a guy at work - he ordered an S3 Sportback and whilst he was at the dealer with another car they said yours has arrived would you like to have a quick look

Went over and they said what do you think - he said great apart from it's missing 2 doors!!

Audi quickly rustled up another one - not sure where the error was but knowing the salesman I would hedge dealer error on this occasion but even so - He was remarkably calm not sure I would have been

I've made no changes to my spec and have signed the configurator printout so should be ok although I am waiting to see if Homelink appears in the next brouchure and if it does will try to get that added on but might be too late now anyway - unconfirmed at factory but week 5 now was 9 - ordered last week of September - Still hopeful for 1st March

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Just googled homelink - sounds like a great gadget - really hope they bring it out soon so I can add it!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    Just googled homelink - sounds like a great gadget - really hope they bring it out soon so I can add it!
    It is good - If your garage door isn't homelink compatible(mine wasn't) you need to get an additional piece of kit and then wire it in but I did mine myself - The garage door people were excellent they had the extra kit (about £50) and sent me instructions on where to wire it in and program it etc

5th Gear

Status
    Do we know when the next brochure is due out?

3rd Gear

Status
    Do we know when the next brochure is due out?
    No have been looking - I thought maybe December as we had May, July and October but nothing yet so maybe January now which I think will be too late for me to add anything by then as unconfirmed build week 5 - Homelink is always disappearing from the brochures - I had it on my 2007 S3 but then had a couple of 1.8T Sports facelifts and nothing and then when I ordered my Black Edition March 12 it was back in the brochure - It sits behind the passenger headlight and when they facelifted and changed the headlights it took a while before homelink could obviously modify it

You'd think they would give them a sample when they design it before orders and say here you go but never seems to be like that - Always thought it wasn't popular which is why it disappeared but then came back

Mind you LED headlights were on the car at Geneva when I went but wasn't available to order straight away from what I've read on here

Neutral

Status
    My S3 is arriving at the dealers today! Gonna view it on Monday, Happy days... Pics to follow
    Sold- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport

Sold- Brilliant Black Audi A3 8V S-Line 1.4 TFSI, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, S-Line suspension, Hill Hold assist, Audi sound system, Parking system.

Now- Brilliant Black Audi S3 8V 3dr S-Tronic, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, audi sound, parking sensors-rear, Black styling pack, light and rain sensor pack, Tyre pressure monitor, Alcantara seats.

5th Gear

Status
    Have had the actual order sheet come through from Derby and thank goodness it all looks spot on. We do an absolute double-check later but happy so far
    cemerson likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran383 View Post
    My S3 is arriving at the dealers today! Gonna view it on Monday, Happy days... Pics to follow
    Aberdeen Audi ? Who did you deal with ? Good discount ???

6th Gear

Status
    Have had the actual order sheet come through from Derby and thank goodness it all looks spot on. We do an absolute double-check later but happy so far
    Was one of my biggest worries! Especially for the 'stealth' options, the ones that weren't immediately obvious if they were missing (eg, audi sound system, TPMS). I even wrote up a list of all my options and what to check on the car to make sure each one was present on delivery day!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post

lol I googled homelink and got this. hmm maybe not but at least it wasn't a dodgy site

Home Exchange | House Swap Holiday | Holiday Home Swap
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Neutral

Status
    Hi Forum,
    I'm new onto here but have pretty much looked through all of the posts, some great ideas and banter flying about!!

I think I'm going to go to a dealer and get a new S3 tomorrow in Estoril Blue, but can't decide on the sports seats or Silver nappa!!!! I really like the silver but not sure if its too much. I'll be going 3dr, Stronic and pretty much fully loaded. Any tips or recent pics of silver with blue exterior would be great.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by richy scott View Post
    I don't know if anybody else has posted an update from Audi yet re the foot rest
    I have had this from Audi today

Also with regards to your footplate, I have been advised by our product marketing team that your vehicle should have had a steel footplate fitted from the factory therefore I am just looking into how we go about getting this rectified.

At this stage I can see that the steel footplate is only available to be retro fitted on left-hand drive vehicles therefore I am awaiting to hear back from product marketing what can be done about this.

I will be in touch once I have further information.

I will let you know when I get an update
    unless I imagined it, the demo I tried in Epsom had an alloy footplate
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    No idea with the saloon, but some of us have ordered through Daniel at Kings Lynn Audi - currently he's giving 7% on the sportback, he is worth a try - direct dial is 01553 779512.
    Jason at epsom offered me 8% on the sportback 2 days ago but had to decline as unfortunately id already placed an order at Reading for 6%.

I might see what discount I can get on the wifes car, she likes the a1 but I don't fancy driving a 1.2, so ill probably get the 185 petrol black edition as I liked the 18in alloys, lol and not a massive amount more. I wont tell her its 185bhp - its a 1.2 honest Shame, really liked them at Epsom

if you are near try jason

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Aberdeen Audi ? Who did you deal with ? Good discount ???
    Yeah I ordered from Aberdeen Audi, my third car in 3 years with them, dealt with Sean, top bloke and gave me a reasonable discount, although what won me over was the part ex value I got for my A3, couldn't compare the value to other dealers I had tried around the country. Take it you also used Aberdeen Audi then? what discount did you get?
    Sold- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport

Sold- Brilliant Black Audi A3 8V S-Line 1.4 TFSI, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, S-Line suspension, Hill Hold assist, Audi sound system, Parking system.

Now- Brilliant Black Audi S3 8V 3dr S-Tronic, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, audi sound, parking sensors-rear, Black styling pack, light and rain sensor pack, Tyre pressure monitor, Alcantara seats.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Then the S3 is the really poor mans RS6.
    So we are all poor, as we are buying Audi's cheapest S car, and it's not even an RS.
    I did consider an rs4 but its bigger and not as usable a lot of the time on our narrow roads and carparks, has decent pace, seats 4, possibly 5 and ok boot, decent fuel economy and reasonable running costs - the rs4 and rs6 are thirtsy and using them properly with a bit of spirited driving youll do well to get 20mpg and 12mpg respectively
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    lol I googled homelink and got this. hmm maybe not but at least it wasn't a dodgy site

Home Exchange | House Swap Holiday | Holiday Home Swap
    Impressive, that is some VERY careful googling, if you'd have got that wrong you would have wanted to wash your eyes with bleach !!!
    Which is not advisable ! , thought I better put that in there for those who can't see so well (Some people who Choose beluga brown?)
    PilotAudi likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.