Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Page 90 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100140 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,600 of 6213
Like Tree3378Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

  1. #3561
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by djc82 View Post
    The tyre pressure warning light came on just before it went bang.
    Thats what lead me to suspect rapid deflation, which could've been caused by a nail or something. If the sidewalls had just spontaneously failed it would've just gone bang and the TPMS wouldn't have had a chance to sense the difference in rolling radius beforehand.

    Either way I'm glad nobody was hurt and that it has been resolved, poor CS notwithstanding.
    gilesf likes this.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #3562
    djc82's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    70
    My S3 has now been returned and the dealer S3 collected. Swap over was a little frosty. They clearly aren't happy, neither am I really. Going to wait and see if I get a phone call over next day or so but not holding my breathe

    Just examining the ruined tyre myself with my untrained eye, I can't see any marking of a puncture caused by anything in the road. Looks more like the tyre just gave way at the edge

  4. #3563
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Continental?

  5. #3564
    djc82's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Continental?
    Yep seems to be the standard S3 tyre

  6. #3565
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    I was rather hoping NOT to have Contis on mine... prefer Michelins if possible or the new Dunlop MAXX on our 8P at £103 each fitted are pretty good too.. 225/40/18

  7. #3566
    geefunk1978's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    597
    I asked if I could have Michellins and the response was "you get what comes on the car".

  8. #3567
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    I asked if I could have Michellins and the response was "you get what comes on the car".
    Audi customer service does leave a lot to be desired. OK, the cars come from Germany and you cant choose another tyre, but this blow out could have been really serious, you expect dodgy customer service from Ford but from a supposed "premium" car maker its very poor indeed. I had a problem with my clutch a year or so ago, took it to local dealership and they wanted nearly £900 for a new one - they said it was "driver error"! I went nuts but all they would do was to halve the cost. Its a clutch, you engage it, change gear and take your foot off, its also a Q5 so no thrashing or riding clutch, how they equate that to driver error is a mystery.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

  9. #3568
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by djc82 View Post
    Looks more like the tyre just gave way at the edge
    That does make disturbing reading. Did they let you keep the tyre? If so might I suggest showing it to a reputable independent tyre dealer? They may be able to confirm one way or the other what the real cause was. Might help put your mind at rest.

  10. #3569
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Audi customer service does leave a lot to be desired. OK, the cars come from Germany and you cant choose another tyre, but this blow out could have been really serious, you expect dodgy customer service from Ford but from a supposed "premium" car maker its very poor indeed. I had a problem with my clutch a year or so ago, took it to local dealership and they wanted nearly £900 for a new one - they said it was "driver error"! I went nuts but all they would do was to halve the cost. Its a clutch, you engage it, change gear and take your foot off, its also a Q5 so no thrashing or riding clutch, how they equate that to driver error is a mystery.
    Hell, they're all the same, it just depends upon your experience. I have had exemplary service from Ford for years now...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  11. #3570
    djc82's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    That does make disturbing reading. Did they let you keep the tyre? If so might I suggest showing it to a reputable independent tyre dealer? They may be able to confirm one way or the other what the real cause was. Might help put your mind at rest.
    The tyre was theirs, as it was their demonstrator I was given as loan car while mine had a window replaced.

    Picture of the wheel in boot... The inside of their S3 demo car now has the lovely smell of burnt rubber.

    IMG_00000308.jpg

    I'm no expert on tyres or blow outs and punctures but I couldn't see anything in the wheel to suggest a puncture caused by hitting an object in the road, a nail for example

    I'm glad they have decided not to pursue me for damages to the vehicle but to even suggest I may have a bill coming for it in the first place has left me quite disgruntled as well as the "it's your fault attitude" I experienced first thing this morning

  12. #3571
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,184
    I'd write to their head of business or Audi CS (or both) stating how dissatisfied you were with how you were treated.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  13. #3572
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I was rather hoping NOT to have Contis on mine... prefer Michelins if possible or the new Dunlop MAXX on our 8P at £103 each fitted are pretty good too.. 225/40/18
    I had Dunlop Sport Maxx GTs as the OEM tyres on my 2010 Mk6 Golf GT TSI and they were terrible. Not great grip in the dry and especially poor in the wet - didn't inspire any confidence at any speed. Swapped them out for Conti Sport Contact 3s in the end which were a big improvement. Only good thing about the Dunlops, however, was that road noise seemed slightly less than the Contis. Perhaps the new spec Dunlop Maxx tyres are better?

    My A3 Sportback 8V is on the OEM Conti 5s which, apart from higher than normal road noise, stick like glue.

    I'd also recommend Michellin Primacy HPs - father has them on his W204 Mercedes C-Class and they are superb.
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

  14. #3573
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Hell, they're all the same, it just depends upon your experience. I have had exemplary service from Ford for years now...
    I would agree in the main, my wife has always had good service from Ford, i've had Ford's and the service has been poor. What im saying is that you dont expect Audi to behave this way when you have just spent 35k+ on a car, its not good enough.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

  15. #3574
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Guys,

    I'm on the verge of ordering my S3 Saloon (as Cambridge dealer tells me I can now order). I think I've locked down my spec, but amazed at the total cost! I don't think I'll get any discount (even Drive the Deal reckons £1000 max at the moment), but welcome any feedback on the spec, approach I should take to the deal?

    S3 Saloon
    Misano Red
    S-tronic
    Comfort Pack
    Adaptive Cruise
    Parking System Plus
    Super Sports Seats
    Tech Pack
    Full LED Lights
    Folding mirrors
    Privacy Glass

    Total around £40K!

  16. #3575
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Guys,

    I'm on the verge of ordering my S3 Saloon (as Cambridge dealer tells me I can now order). I think I've locked down my spec, but amazed at the total cost! I don't think I'll get any discount (even Drive the Deal reckons £1000 max at the moment), but welcome any feedback on the spec, approach I should take to the deal?

    S3 Saloon
    Misano Red
    S-tronic
    Comfort Pack
    Adaptive Cruise
    Parking System Plus
    Super Sports Seats
    Tech Pack
    Full LED Lights
    Folding mirrors
    Privacy Glass

    Total around £40K!
    No b&o?!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  17. #3576
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    No b&o?!
    I wasn't that bothered really, Sub takes up the spare wheel space, and I reckon whist I'm sure the sound would be great, the standard sound would be fine

  18. #3577
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    No b&o?!
    Do you think the standard sound is bad??

  19. #3578
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Do you think the standard sound is bad??
    Can't say I've heard the standard system but the general consensus on here is that you'll need to upgrade to at least the Audi sound system to enjoy music.

    That said, if you don't listen to music that much then it's probably not worth it. It would help resale value though, especially given the high specification nature of the car.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  20. #3579
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Can't say I've heard the standard system but the general consensus on here is that you'll need to upgrade to at least the Audi sound system to enjoy music.

    That said, if you don't listen to music that much then it's probably not worth it. It would help resale value though, especially given the high specification nature of the car.
    OK worth some thinking then...

    I see you're from Cambridge, did you order from there? Any thoughts on the garage and tips on discounts?

  21. #3580
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    When I was spec'ing up my car I also went to drive the deal initially and was quite shocked at how little discount they were offering, especially considering that 3 weeks before hand I had done the same for a Tiguan and they came up with the best deal. Word of advice? Have a look at Orange wheels, they were the best broker deal I could find at the time. I would also echo Paul's thoughts on the standard sound setup and I'm sure I read somewhere that in the saloon the sub isn't in the spare wheel but rather the underside of the parcel shelf.
    Last edited by Leeber; 4th December 2013 at 15:45.

  22. #3581
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    OK worth some thinking then...

    I see you're from Cambridge, did you order from there? Any thoughts on the garage and tips on discounts?
    Yeah just outside Cambridge.

    I went to test drive the A3 from Cambridge because there were no S3's to demo when I ordered in August.

    After talking to them for a while it was clear they didn't want to discount for me even when I presented my DTD quote to them.

    In the end I just gave up and went to... Wait for it... Carlisle! They offered me an extra £3.5k discount over Cambridge so it was a no brainer!

    Cambridge even knew that 2 family members were looking to purchase a Q5 and possibly an S8 imminently and still wouldn't offer me anything! Crazy really!

    That said, what I've noticed is that the discounts offered by dealers is almost cyclical. Some will offer 8% 1 week and then 2% the next, probably depending on their ability to meet targets. As such my experiences with Cambridge could be wildly different to yours.

    You've also ordered the saloon which, because it's brand new, will be quite difficult for them to justify discounting.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  23. #3582
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    When I was spec'ing up my car I also went to drive the deal initially and was quite shocked at how little discount they were offering, especially considering that 3 weeks before hand I had done the same for a Tiguan and they came up with the best deal. Word of advice? Have a look at Orange wheels, they were the best broker deal I could find at the time. I would also echo Paul's thoughts on the standard sound setup.
    Good advice!

    Just checked orange wheels though, and they only offer £788 discount!!!

  24. #3583
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    Oh dear, sorry!

  25. #3584
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Yeah just outside Cambridge.

    I went to test drive the A3 from Cambridge because there were no S3's to demo when I ordered in August.

    After talking to them for a while it was clear they didn't want to discount for me even when I presented my DTD quote to them.

    In the end I just gave up and went to... Wait for it... Carlisle! They offered me an extra £3.5k discount over Cambridge so it was a no brainer!

    Cambridge even knew that 2 family members were looking to purchase a Q5 and possibly an S8 imminently and still wouldn't offer me anything! Crazy really!

    That said, what I've noticed is that the discounts offered by dealers is almost cyclical. Some will offer 8% 1 week and then 2% the next, probably depending on their ability to meet targets. As such my experiences with Cambridge could be wildly different to yours.

    You've also ordered the saloon which, because it's brand new, will be quite difficult for them to justify discounting.

    Hum, thanks for that, good advice, and I expected as much. I'm already preparing myself for no discount. I also have to trade in my current scirocco, so can't really to drive the deal unless I sell mine privately so it has to be a pretty good discount to be worth the hassle.

    Maybe if I want one of the first saloon's I'll have to swallow the lack of discount

  26. #3585
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Good advice!

    Just checked orange wheels though, and they only offer £788 discount!!!
    I've just put my spec (Estoril Blue, Black, 3DR, S-Tronoc, Wakefield,Tech Pack, Interior Lighting Pack, Comfort Pack (Rear Sensors, Standard Cruise), Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Mirrors - (electrically adjustable, folding and heated), Audi Sound System) into Orange Wheels to see what discount they offer, and it came out at 7.8% off.

    I'm guessing you're seeing a poor discount rate on yours due to it being a saloon as Paul said.

  27. #3586
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Hum, thanks for that, good advice, and I expected as much. I'm already preparing myself for no discount. I also have to trade in my current scirocco, so can't really to drive the deal unless I sell mine privately so it has to be a pretty good discount to be worth the hassle.

    Maybe if I want one of the first saloon's I'll have to swallow the lack of discount
    That's the price you pay for being an early adopter! If you leave it a month or so you'll probably get a better discount!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  28. #3587
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Good advice!

    Just checked orange wheels though, and they only offer £788 discount!!!
    No idea with the saloon, but some of us have ordered through Daniel at Kings Lynn Audi - currently he's giving 7% on the sportback, he is worth a try - direct dial is 01553 779512.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

  29. #3588
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    Oh dear, sorry!
    hey not your fault, its obviously too new for any dealer to be offering anything!!!

    I also wonder if they are hedging their bets on the S3 Saloon as to how much demand they will get, and most UK folk seem to want the hatches?? Maybe just a guess though

  30. #3589
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Guys,

    I'm on the verge of ordering my S3 Saloon (as Cambridge dealer tells me I can now order). I think I've locked down my spec, but amazed at the total cost! I don't think I'll get any discount (even Drive the Deal reckons £1000 max at the moment), but welcome any feedback on the spec, approach I should take to the deal?

    S3 Saloon
    Misano Red
    S-tronic
    Comfort Pack
    Adaptive Cruise
    Parking System Plus
    Super Sports Seats
    Tech Pack
    Full LED Lights
    Folding mirrors
    Privacy Glass

    Total around £40K!
    I got a £1975 discount for my 'ordinary' saloon from my dealership without any haggling in October. It might be the case that the S3 Saloon is very new yet. Might be worth waiting until January before you order...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  31. #3590
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    I wasn't that bothered really, Sub takes up the spare wheel space, and I reckon whist I'm sure the sound would be great, the standard sound would be fine
    The sub on the saloon is actually mounted under the fixed parcel shelf...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  32. #3591
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    420
    when everyone is claiming 6,7,8 and even 9% discount, are they working it on the before VAT price? (i know you cant discount VAT before someone says, its just people might be working it differently)

    just might mislead some future customers

  33. #3592
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    420
    Carlisle only offered me £900 off an S3 sportback 2 weeks back they let me walk away and order with another dealer!

  34. #3593
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    I got a £1975 discount for my 'ordinary' saloon from my dealership without any haggling in October. It might be the case that the S3 Saloon is very new yet. Might be worth waiting until January before you order...
    You may be right, I think I have the money burning in my pocket as been waiting half the year to buy lol!

  35. #3594
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    Carlisle only offered me £900 off an S3 sportback 2 weeks back they let me walk away and order with another dealer!
    Wow, so two different experiences from Carlisle then! It seems the comments here are right, it seems like a lottery on discounts.

    Have folk had any luck just ringing up sales folk for discounts? I don't think I want to visit them all!

  36. #3595
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,544
    I used a site that contacted up to six dealers on your behalf, with the spec you wanted, but you were anonymous. You could do it as many times as you wanted to. I can't remember who they were though..
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  37. #3596
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    Carwow?

    are we not approaching end of quarter in the next few weeks? Perhaps that may make a difference if they have targets to meet.
    paullowther likes this.

  38. #3597
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    420
    you can try carwow, who give you 5 dealers that will offer youa discount, quite a good idea

    i just emailed lots. Kings lynn are a safe bet. i tried Carlisle but as i say let me walk away. i ended up going to Crewe who were amazing and offered me a good discount more importantly to me at a monthly figure i could deal with

  39. #3598
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    you can try carwow, who give you 5 dealers that will offer youa discount, quite a good idea

    i just emailed lots. Kings lynn are a safe bet. i tried Carlisle but as i say let me walk away. i ended up going to Crewe who were amazing and offered me a good discount more importantly to me at a monthly figure i could deal with
    I tried Carwow.. They were absolutely useless. I got over twice the discount percentage at my local dealer.
    gilesf likes this.

  40. #3599
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    420
    well to be fair with Carwow i got offered £1500 on an S3 sportback which for long enough was miles more than dealers.

    i tried 12 dealers in all and only 2 beat carwow, so its a good fall back for people that are struggling.

    also it opens up people to dealers willing to discount, you can negotiate further

  41. #3600
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    Carwow?

    are we not approaching end of quarter in the next few weeks? Perhaps that may make a difference if they have targets to meet.
    Dunno, but I might be able to find out later however I was getting offers of over £1700 discount...

    Edit: Yes it was carwow, seeing as my dealership was offering me nothing, even stated to me 'no discount' they we excellent.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Popping the hood of the 2013 Audi S6
    By stuffedbackseat in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C7 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 21:22
  2. 2013 Audi A3 5d Sportback
    By trev0006 in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 21:56
  3. 2013 Audi A3 2.0T 6spd MT FWD....sline or not??
    By burbank2broward in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th September 2012, 21:05
  4. 2013 Audi R8 development
    By trev0006 in forum R8 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th September 2012, 20:06
  5. Leaked Official 2013 Audi A3 Photos
    By ABYSS in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 28th March 2012, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO