Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 88 of 153 FirstFirst ... 387881828384858687888990919293949598138 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,520 of 6085
Like Tree3298Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    The tints do look good! I forgot to put them on aswell but I'm actually quite surprised by how dark the standard tint is to the windows.
    That has made me feel a bit better, though the tints will be done within weeks I think they're needed with my spec.

Oh by the way, put her in dynamic earlier for a little play. Not only does it BANG! on up shifts (which makes people stare), it also throttle blips too on downshifts! I am a child....
    I would do but I've ordered mine with a proper gearbox *runs for cover*
    PilotAudi, T3ryp and Kempysue like this.

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    That has made me feel a bit better, though the tints will be done within weeks I think they're needed with my spec.

I would do but I've ordered mine with a proper gearbox *runs for cover*
    Ha ha just wait for the comments now to start flying in!!!
    I love the manual vs s-tronic debate!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Ha ha just wait for the comments now to start flying in!!!
    I love the manual vs s-tronic debate!!
    It really is a non debate and I don't get why some people get upset over it. Its personal preference I like DSG but I drive them a lot at work and it isn't something I'd want personally.
    PilotAudi likes this.

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

4th Gear

Status
    The only way I can understand somebody getting upset because of anothers' opinion is if that same person was the one purchasing their car for them!
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    The only way I can understand somebody getting upset because of anothers' opinion is if that same person was the one purchasing their car for them!
    Yes Paul... there are some 'pot-kettle-black' (or is it pot-kettle- panther black') folks around ! ;-0
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

4th Gear

Status
    Extractor fans arrived today!

Unfortunately though - one of the wheels had a big scuff in it, so i'm now going to have to wait for a replacement grrr...

So fitment and pics will be delayed by a week probably, so annoying...

Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

3rd Gear

Status
    Woo they look really good!
    Johnnyb likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Extractor fans arrived today!

Unfortunately though - one of the wheels had a big scuff in it, so i'm now going to have to wait for a replacement grrr...

So fitment and pics will be delayed by a week probably, so annoying...
    Damaged in transit or poor quality control?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Damaged in transit or poor quality control?
    Transit i think, ABT called me straight away after i e-mailed them, they said they were perfect when they recieved them
    from Germany, and said they will replace it immediately..

One of the other wheels has a very faint hairline scratch on the polished lip, but it's only visible when close up so i can live with that, but the damaged one looks like it's been kerbed, my bet is that it is a sample alloy..

Annoying but not the end of the world!
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

4th Gear

Status
    Come to think of it, the boxes they were in have got grab handles, my bet is they were damaged because of that..

5th Gear

Status
    They do look nice but remind me of the giulietta wheels

T3ryp likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

4th Gear

Status
    Similar style but they have got 15 spokes as opposed to ABT's 10...

They also don't have the polished rim behind the spokes or polished lip (like the S3 wheels)

5th Gear

Status
    Didn't say it was a bad thing, it's just been on my mind over the last few days as to what they remind me of!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    looking forward to seeing them fitted - how did it affect your insurance ?

4th Gear

Status
    The spokes certainly have a very similar style, i do think 10 spokes is the max for a wheel before looking a bit too busy...imo..

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    looking forward to seeing them fitted - how did it affect your insurance ?
    Sorting that out tomorrow, will let you know, i'm hoping they can express deliver the replacement so i can get them fitted this week, was booked in at Awesome GTI this weds but will prob have to cancel now

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice wheels, like.
    Johnnyb likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=paullowther;2026097]P1ss poor image quality so can't see the Panther goodness but I was sent this from Carlisle today! It's getting closer!

Attachment 24089Looks real good, I do like the blackness all over.
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Marky142;2026409]
    P1ss poor image quality so can't see the Panther goodness but I was sent this from Carlisle today! It's getting closer!

Attachment 24089Looks real good, I do like the blackness all over.

Cheers man, since you sent me those lunar pics I can't wait to get it now! Itching all over sat at work just patiently waiting!
    Marky142 likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VbMrz_EJk

Found this review of the exterior/interior of a white sportback with parade red interior - virtually my spec although it doesn't have the pano roof which i've ordered. Looks fantastic and i'm very pleased that i've gone with Glacier in the end.
    Johnnyb and Lmg like this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VbMrz_EJk

Found this review of the exterior/interior of a white sportback with parade red interior - virtually my spec although it doesn't have the pano roof which i've ordered. Looks fantastic and i'm very pleased that i've gone with Glacier in the end.
    That vid has made me very happy I went for glacier. I think it looks great! Infact I reckon it looks good in al the colours I have seen so far - perhaps not the yellow actually ha! Might be picking mine up this Friday !! Get in!
    Johnnyb, Duds44 and gilesf like this.

Neutral

Status
    Gilesf - I went for Pano roof too, I saw some pics from JohnnyB who has the same and it really goes well with the white!
    Johnnyb and gilesf like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky142 View Post
    Nice wheels, like.
    Me 2

Neutral

Status
    So today was great, I got to the dealers and the car was under a silk cover. A couple of forms to complete and then I got the reveal.

The car looked great, I checked the paint for swirls and they'd done a good job on it. I Realised Through-load was missing this evening so I've contacted them to get it sorted. Not sure what can be done. I'm guessing the upright needs to be changed on the seat. Living in Manchester and getting from Carlisle isn't helpful in situations like this.

First impressions -These are really first impressions, i'm still discovering everything.

Seats - really good, I went with the standard S3 seats and these are great, really comfy but hold you well. Lots of positions for adjustment but the handle seems less rigid than on our 8P. - being picky!

Infotainment - great, intuitive as expected. Slightly disappointed some of the connect features are now only available through a separate SIM card.

Boot - I should have realised how small it would be but its loads smaller than out 8P. only just got the buggy in it.

Reversible boot mat - read some reviews it was a bit naff, but I think it's okay, 2 sides and a flap to cover the bumper. Nice touch.

Now the fun stuff

S-tronic - the gear box is great, smooth and selects the gears just as you need them. Long gone are the days when you had to wait a couple of miles before the car worked out what gear you should be in. its great.

Steering - I love cars and enjoy driving so feared the worst; whilst I take peoples comments on board about it being slightly lifeless, I found Dynamic mode the best (obviously) and it's direct and does what you need it do. Perhaps not the sharpest or the most engaging but with the whole package of the car masks some of its downsides.

Engine - Wow what power delivery, half a second for the turbo and then woosh... you're off. The exhaust note is great and love the blip from the gear changes.

100 miles driven and 32mpg. not bad from 300bhp.

I've taken a few pics. More to come.

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Johnnyb, Louay, Leeber and 12 others like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quick question regarding my wheels to any knowledgeable people, a few of the other rims have minor scratches (hairline) on the polished lip part, i very much doubt ABT would send more replacements for such a minor flaw, so was wondering whether they could be buffed / polished out? And how would it be done on a polished part of an alloy?

Cheers!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quick question regarding my wheels to any knowledgeable people, a few of the other rims have minor scratches (hairline) on the polished lip part, i very much doubt ABT would send more replacements for such a minor flaw, so was wondering whether they could be buffed / polished out? And how would it be done on a polished part of an alloy?

Cheers!
    Return them. You are covered by selling regulations.
    You've paid a lot of money for new wheels, not "as new" wheels.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Return them. You are covered by selling regulations.
    You've paid a lot of money for new wheels, not "as new" wheels.
    True! Just can't be a***d with the hassle if a quick buff with a machine polisher could get rid of them, i also get the feeling that polished parts on alloys are very vulnerable to scratches and nicks etc...

Gonna see how i feel tomorrow but i certainly take your point..

Neutral

Status
    Is there any hassle, a courier collects all four instead of one and you get four new ones, you must be gutted but I think you should send them all back, at least you don't loose any time over sending one back.

4th Gear

Status
    True! Just can't be a***d with the hassle if a quick buff with a machine polisher could get rid of them, i also get the feeling that polished parts on alloys are very vulnerable to scratches and nicks etc...

Gonna see how i feel tomorrow but i certainly take your point..
    I know it's a bad but if you return the ones that have the hairline scratches and get new ones that aren't faulty, it's only going to take 1 drive and they'll be exactly like the ones you've just returned! Not worth it I don't think. Wheels get scratched all the time!

1st Gear

Status
    Looks like Marky and Danners picked up the cars the same day. Plates are in sequence.

Both looking very nice, and another three door
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

4th Gear

Status
    I know it's a bad but if you return the ones that have the hairline scratches and get new ones that aren't faulty, it's only going to take 1 drive and they'll be exactly like the ones you've just returned! Not worth it I don't think. Wheels get scratched all the time!
    This is kind of what i was also thinking, Craig's point is probably the most right thing to do, but given the time of year i'm fitting them with impending grit, salt, loose tarmac / potholes etc then scratches on the polished parts are inevitable, and i'm only keeping the car circa 2 years..

The one that's being replaced looks pretty bad though, pitted and scratched about 2 inches long, gonna get them all sealed by my cousin as soon as the new one arrives..

Set of Avon tyres arriving tomorrow, just anxious to get it all fitted and either smile or cry at the results!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    Looks like Marky and Danners picked up the cars the same day. Plates are in sequence.

Both looking very nice, and another three door
    Me and dan you mean! And kind of. They were registered at the same time but I don't pick mine up til Friday because it got on a later boat

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    So today was great, I got to the dealers and the car was under a silk cover. A couple of forms to complete and then I got the reveal.

The car looked great, I checked the paint for swirls and they'd done a good job on it. I Realised Through-load was missing this evening so I've contacted them to get it sorted. Not sure what can be done. I'm guessing the upright needs to be changed on the seat. Living in Manchester and getting from Carlisle isn't helpful in situations like this.

First impressions -These are really first impressions, i'm still discovering everything.

Seats - really good, I went with the standard S3 seats and these are great, really comfy but hold you well. Lots of positions for adjustment but the handle seems less rigid than on our 8P. - being picky!

Infotainment - great, intuitive as expected. Slightly disappointed some of the connect features are now only available through a separate SIM card.

Boot - I should have realised how small it would be but its loads smaller than out 8P. only just got the buggy in it.

Reversible boot mat - read some reviews it was a bit naff, but I think it's okay, 2 sides and a flap to cover the bumper. Nice touch.

Now the fun stuff

S-tronic - the gear box is great, smooth and selects the gears just as you need them. Long gone are the days when you had to wait a couple of miles before the car worked out what gear you should be in. its great.

Steering - I love cars and enjoy driving so feared the worst; whilst I take peoples comments on board about it being slightly lifeless, I found Dynamic mode the best (obviously) and it's direct and does what you need it do. Perhaps not the sharpest or the most engaging but with the whole package of the car masks some of its downsides.

Engine - Wow what power delivery, half a second for the turbo and then woosh... you're off. The exhaust note is great and love the blip from the gear changes.

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    Another gorgeous Estoril S3 and without wanting to spark another rail debate but i too ordered the EB SB with rails as it just puts the cherry on the cake accentuating the overall look of the deep blue lustful colour against all the silver accents of the car. Audi really got this one right. My previous 8P Racing blue mica had black rails which really went unnoticed so really looking forward to receiving the car with silver rails this time especially with a classy crystal colour like estoril blue. Panther black would have been my second choice but i wanted the car to have some colour.

Also, who are the 2 people in the picture inside the showroom? Why has the, presumably salesman, got his hands in the air? Looks like he's bull****ting, they usually throw their hands in the air when exaggerating some story! The other guy, said with the utmost repsect if he is a relation is definately not buying it though! Just look at his uninterested frown!
    Last edited by Louay; 3rd December 2013 at 07:33.

1st Gear

Status
    Me and dan you mean! And kind of. They were registered at the same time but I don't pick mine up til Friday because it got on a later boat
    Good correction sorry for mixing the names up

Both very nice cars. Hope to see them out on the road soon. Ive seen a couple of A3 around but no S3s yet

Just to check did you get the autoglym they always try and sell? or is that the natural showroom shine?
    Last edited by Cumbrian_bob; 3rd December 2013 at 08:22.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

3rd Gear

Status

Now the fun stuff

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 4.jpg

Looks stunning !

I'm so glad I chose this colour too it is fantastic.

Last night my car was parked in a retail park under high intensity light and it really brought out the electric blue 'crystal pop' ... you have all this to look forward to
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    http://youtu.be/3sp_K3QXD3I

I don't speak German but you don't have to to enjoy this video.

This guys just loves giving the S3 a workout and it sounds epic!!

Neutral

Status

Now the fun stuff

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    The colour is growing on me I wasn't sure at first but maybe I was wrong. Do you have any interior pics, you went for standard seats as did I but finding any pics of them is impossible as most people went for SSS or the red ones!

1st Gear

Status
    Audi S3 Limousine roadtest - YouTube

I don't speak German but you don't have to to enjoy this video.

This guys just loves giving the S3 a workout and it sounds epic!!
    lol, I think it's Dutch, like these guys:

Police in Amsterdam - Harry Enfield and Chums - BBC comedy - YouTube

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post

Tomayto Tomahto!
    Leeber and MatthewC like this.

1st Gear

Status
    P1ss poor image quality so can't see the Panther goodness but I was sent this from Carlisle today! It's getting closer!

Attachment 24089
    Doesn't exactly stand out does it - boring even - just my opinion. Each to their own. Never quite understood the attraction of black cars myself, especially when that colour makes a lot of cars look so ordinary.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack | 10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | though load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack.

Scheduled delivery June 2014