EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 79 of 153 FirstFirst ... 296972737475767778798081828384858689129 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,160 of 6112
Like Tree3313Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    1 more sleep to go! Seriously excited now. Although my day was pretty much ruined as my wife's X5 broke down and it's at the garage. Dilemma, do I let her use my new toy til her car is fixed?!?!
    Battlekrapz likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    S3 at Oulton Park
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/102...90/14/vdsx.jpg

For all of you who like pics
    Nice one, did you have a great day? That looks like the one that I test drove at Bolton Audi, think the reg is the same. Did you get to thrash round the track??!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Does anyone else have a build week 48?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by barber6 View Post
    Does anyone else have a build week 48?
    No but us 45'ers are picking our cars up over the next week or so
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    1 more sleep to go! Seriously excited now. Although my day was pretty much ruined as my wife's X5 broke down and it's at the garage. Dilemma, do I let her use my new toy til her car is fixed?!?!
    NO!!

It's her own fault she chose to have a BMW...

She must suffer the consequences and learn from her mistake...
    paullowther likes this.
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    NO!!

It's her own fault she chose to have a BMW...

She must suffer the consequences and learn from her mistake...
    I've managed to find the bloke who will be doing my PDI next week on Instagram!

Stalker level 1billion reached.... A thank youuu!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Unfortunately it was me that bought the car for her so I've only got myself to blame! I guess it'll have to be punishment for me.
    I can't believe my dealer turned my car round in a day, don't know why some people are being told a few days for pdi?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    No but us 45'ers are picking our cars up over the next week or so
    So hopefully a couple of weeks then! I work for benfield but for Nissan. Pre delivery inspection only takes an hour or two, so when it lands I'm expecting a very quick turn around haha! They can't pull one over me when you work for them!!
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    I'm not too fussed. My registration date is the 6th anyway so I can't pick it up before hand I don't think?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not been on here for a while, didn't just grab my new car and run, been really busy at work.

thought I owed everybody an update. (I appreciate the wait is hard)

3000 miles into the new car now and loving it. Manual gearboxes have there advantages but so glad I went s-tronic, the sounds are great, foot down and changing up gives a sharp burp between shifts, changing down in Dynamic gives a little rev between gears. I have the magnetic ride suspension, this works fantastic with the different driving modes, soft and comfy in Comfort (obviously) sharp and poised ready for action in Dynamic and individual to be set up for your preference, I have this set the same as Dynamic but suspension in comfort giving a smooth ride but ready to go just when you want it.

I drive hard sometimes but do not entertain racers (long past that) however! Recently had what I thought was a TTS right on my rear bumper, to my surprise it managed to keep up with me when I accelerated, pulled over and noticed it was actually an S5, pulled back out and gave chase and he could not pull away from me. I was quite pleased, seem like they were on par? I don't know the stats on an S5 so will just wait for someone to shot me down in flames :-). Felt good at the time.

Bad points - none really, just a personal issue for me to get over. Changed from an Audi TT tdi giving around 50mpg, now struggling to get 30mpg. OH - ONLY USE GOOD QUALITY FUEL!!! I'm filling up quite a lot at the moment and found myself very low with only a Murco garage around, later that day tick over was lumpy and engine management even flashed on. BP Ultimate etc from now on.

I must comment on the recent Private Plate posts, I've had one for the last 20 years (a present from my dad) love it, everybody locally knows me by it, it's just a personal touch like those talking about changing wheels etc. found it most amusing that some people that don't have one have such an opinion on them. Oh and by the way IM NOT AN MD :-)

Not tried Launch mode yet despite the misses keeping on telling me to try it.

SAFE MOTORING -and to those that have their S3's watch your speed.

T3RY P

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    I wonder how RobS3 got on with his collection today?

Come on son!! Pics and review when you can!
    The cars quality but only driven it like 10 miles in mostly traffic. Update tomorrow night after I've driven darn sarth.

No pics either yet too dark. You'll probably have to wait till Sunday for them sorry guys.

S5's probably evenly matched mainly through weight. It hasn't got that much more power but does have about an extra 200kg so about right I reckon.
    Last edited by RobH_S3; 26th November 2013 at 23:14.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Reverse Gear

Status
    If you can get 30mpg... I'm happy already

1st Gear

Status
    Nice update t3ryp. Good to know the S3 can put a smile on your face.

As far as keeping up with an S5 I think most of the S range cars have similar 0-60 times so should all really keep up with each other. I suspect the 60-150 might be a little different but that getting pretty fast for british roads.

Still it is nice to keep up with an S5 which I think does look much more like the faster car, especially the coupe.

I did smile with your comment on the MPG, only on the next paragraph after applauding the accelerati ability. I think this might be a case of cause and affect.
    T3ryp and gilesf like this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    The cars quality but only driven it like 10 miles in mostly traffic. Update tomorrow night after I've driven darn sarth.

No pics either yet too dark. You'll probably have to wait till Sunday for them sorry guys.

S5's probably evenly matched mainly through weight. It hasn't got that much more power but does have about an extra 200kg so about right I reckon.
    Nice one! Agree on the S5 thing aswell, we have to remember the old RS4 4.2 V8 has a 0-60 time pretty much the same as this new S3 S-Tronic!!

Power to weight ratio 'n' all that...

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, and no point posting pictures until it's had a proper clean...
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

Neutral

Status
    Depends on the S5. Early models were 4.2 v8 newer models v6 turbo. My v8 was 343 boho but a lot heavier than the S3 and more required to get it to go but an awesome car though. I miss it muchly!!!

collecting the S3 on Thursday though.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Nice one, did you have a great day? That looks like the one that I test drove at Bolton Audi, think the reg is the same. Did you get to thrash round the track??!
    Good day, only had RS6 and R8 on track and I was too late to get them. Yep it is the Bolton Audi demo. Enjoyed the my drives. I still think I made a very good choice getting a S3. Nice to get the invite, most appriciated.
    MGS3 likes this.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Lol, penetrate
    fnarr fnarr
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Neutral

Status
    Had to join in on the excitement! Ordered mine in August, build week 48 so I should take delivery soon, would I be right in thinking that?
    Hey! Mine was build week 45. Looking like I will be ready to collect on the 8th December or there abouts. So I guess yours will be at the end of december, but, these build weeks seem to work out strangely, some people on here have received their cars before people on earlier build weeks. Its a depressing wait. Most people on here are receiving full time counselling to get over the wait haha
    ivicker likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Le Schumacher d'opérette se fait confisquer sa voiture | Breil-sur-Roya | Nice-Matin

Audi s3 in the french news.

A young lad decided to race his buddy after heavy drinking at a bar. He raced his friend whilst on a busy section of road in between Monaco and Nice (narrow very twisty and busy road, for those that know it, it's the basse corniche).

There was a Gendarmerie check before entering Nice and the guy in the S3 panicked and escaped the check. Later, he was confronted with the facts and his facebook account was checked in order to see if he knew his friend that was caught during the check, it was the case and he admitted the facts.

The judgement is what makes this case very rare. Instead of a ban and a heavy fine, his brand new Audi s3 was seized by the judge and given to the french Gendarmerie to use against speeders.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    Good day, only had RS6 and R8 on track and I was too late to get them. Yep it is the Bolton Audi demo. Enjoyed the my drives. I still think I made a very good choice getting a S3. Nice to get the invite, most appriciated.
    Nice one! I was gutted that I couldnt go, real shame but sure there will be another day sometime. Happy that i've chosed Misano with the ref parade pack, not everyone's taste but I love colour in the cabin so was a good choice. Pity you couldnt manage a spin in the RS6, what a monster!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawzie View Post
    Hey! Mine was build week 45. Looking like I will be ready to collect on the 8th December or there abouts. So I guess yours will be at the end of december, but, these build weeks seem to work out strangely, some people on here have received their cars before people on earlier build weeks. Its a depressing wait. Most people on here are receiving full time counselling to get over the wait haha
    Yeah end of December is when I'm expecting
    had a test drive of one back in October, and they leave me itching to be back in them
    over round abouts and accelerating out of them is like being on a slingshot, no drama, and absolutely neutral balance

Neutral

Status
    Yeah end of December is when I'm expecting
    had a test drive of one back in October, and they leave me itching to be back in them
    over round abouts and accelerating out of them is like being on a slingshot, no drama, and absolutely neutral balance
    Yeah same here, as soon as I drove it I wanted it. Plus its the nicest interior in my opinion.

Its odd, what you say about the lack of drama is usually what the reviews slate the S3 for - the fact it lacks drama etc and just does a good job of everything. I can't see why anyone thinks that a bad thing? The reviews usually say its 'Less fun them a BMW M135' but the fact its so secure and handles so well to me is a HUGE plus point. Not sure what everyone else thinks on here? Personally I don't tend to drift around corners on my morning commute, maybe I'm showing my age here at 30? haha

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah same here, as soon as I drove it I wanted it. Plus its the nicest interior in my opinion.

Its odd, what you say about the lack of drama is usually what the reviews slate the S3 for - the fact it lacks drama etc and just does a good job of everything. I can't see why anyone thinks that a bad thing? The reviews usually say its 'Less fun them a BMW M135' but the fact its so secure and handles so well to me is a HUGE plus point. Not sure what everyone else thinks on here? Personally I don't tend to drift around corners on my morning commute, maybe I'm showing my age here at 30? haha
    I totally agree - I'm more than happy that it will generally stay where I point it

3rd Gear

Status

Completely agree, and don't forget the M135i is so ugly, it makes me want to stab my own eyes out
    Lawzie likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Guys S3 Saloon order book now open! It appears though that Saloon gets 19's rather than 18's and Magnetic ride is standard!! Audi S3 Saloon - Specifications - Audi.co.uk

Can that be right?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Guys S3 Saloon order book now open! It appears though that Saloon gets 19's rather than 18's and Magnetic ride is standard!! Audi S3 Saloon - Specifications - Audi.co.uk

Can that be right?
    I have a feeling when an S3 Saloon pulls up beside me I will be very jealous - I really like the look of it! I have 19's currently and to be honest it makes the ride a too harsh. Every time I hit a pot hole I worry I have burst a tyre.

Banned

Status

Can that be right?
    Yes it is right.. wheel arches are slightly larger apparently to accommodate 19in wheels. I am happy with 18in on SB, ride will be better and tyres are £105 a corner rather than £150!

Neutral

Status
    The saloon also has- Pedals and the footrest in brushed stainless steel-
    S3 Sportback Solid Red, S-Tronic, Techno, Comfort, Privacy, Interior Lights, Alcantara/Leather, Advanced Key, Aluminium Roof Rails.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbs View Post
    Shall we all cancel our orders?
    paullowther likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbs View Post
    Believe it when I see it! No doubt LHD only.
    Last edited by visionthing; 27th November 2013 at 17:07.
    paullowther likes this.

Neutral

Status
    19" and a little wider too at 235

Reverse Gear

Status

It's effortless pace, I can use it through the winter where as I'd rather stick my head in hot tar than have a BMW, they are characterless. I love how the s3 can be shown the ropes and not panic

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawzie:2022591

Can that be right?
    I have a feeling when an S3 Saloon pulls up beside me I will be very jealous - I really like the look of it! I have 19's currently and to be honest it makes the ride a too harsh. Every time I hit a pot hole I worry I have burst a tyre.
    Why jealous? Could be mistaken for a A4? The S3 saloon is visually stunning however I fail to see anything remotely similar to the design of the sportback across any of the other Audi range. To me, ALL Audis are fantastic whatever their model or year and ALL have had the same amount of German dedication, passion and precision that makes Audi one of the best luxury automotive companies in the world which enables us to come on here and talk about them.

3rd Gear

Status
    Maybe that's why magnetic rude is standard, stick rhe ride in comfort on the individual setup should offset the 19s?

4th Gear

Status
    Maybe that's why magnetic rude is standard, stick rhe ride in comfort on the individual setup should offset the 19s?
    + they need to justify the 2k price increase

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    I totally agree - I'm more than happy that it will generally stay where I point it
    the problem is in damp greasy conditions it doesnt ! it understeers like a cruise liner.....it's screaming out for a proper front differential.......mmmmm Quiafe...

4th Gear

Status
    http://youtu.be/paL-f3rlaZI

S3 vs RS6...

As my idol would say... POWERRRRRR

2nd Gear

Status
    Got mine today.
    Only driven it home, will get some pics next week when it's detailed.
    So far so good.

3rd Gear

Status

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    Great pics! You look chuffed!!
    Danners78 likes this.