Badger5EM Tuning
Page 74 of 156 FirstFirst ... 246467686970717273747576777879808184124 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,960 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Banned

Status
    Hate that wheel looks like an extractor fan!

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Just called into my local dealer as I was passing and queried the footrest RHD v LHD (Plastic v Metal) - originally told it must be a misprint but I said what in three different brocuhures and he then contacted Audi whilst I was there ( I think a family member has ordered one) and was advised that it has been flagged and should be rectified by the time mine's built (week 6 now although still not factory confirmed - ordered last week of september) and if not, it is classed as a misbuild and they will arrange for it to be done afterwards and no charge (like I was going to pay for their error)

Might be worth people flagging this again to their dealers as the more queries they receive they might actually do something about it

Only problem with afterfit is what is exactly involved as although my dealer is very good and my friend is a master tech there, he always says you can never get things back as good as the factory when it comes to trim/carpets etc

6th Gear

Status
    You wouldn't really have a leg to stand on if they did refuse though, the brochures all have disclaimers saying that they can change the spec at any time without notice.

I doubt unscrewing a footrest and screwing a new one back in is going to upset anything in the car though.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Hate that wheel looks like an extractor fan!
    Thank you for your opinion have a nice day!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    You wouldn't really have a leg to stand on if they did refuse though, the brochures all have disclaimers saying that they can change the spec at any time without notice.

I doubt unscrewing a footrest and screwing a new one back in is going to upset anything in the car though.
    Fair comment especially as something as small as this but at the end of the day we'd all be complaining if they changed something major and tried to use that disclaimer and I think it should be as stated (sale of goods act) otherwise who knows what else you may or may not be getting

Not sure how this has passed quality control really as the Germans are usually very thorough

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    That can't be right? A RHD stainless steal rest has never been made? The part does not exist.

3rd Gear

Status
    johnny, i like those wheels but wouldnt choose myself - looking forward to seiing your car finished

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    That can't be right? A RHD stainless steal rest has never been made? The part does not exist.
    Well dealer confirmed it is a uk brochure and phoned Audi UK who advised it had been flagged - probably just fobbing off and will get a full tank of fuel instead of half though

can only go by what I was told

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Well dealer confirmed it is a uk brochure and phoned Audi UK who advised it had been flagged - probably just fobbing off and will get a full tank of fuel instead of half though

can only go by what I was told
    Yer, VAG Group have never made a SS footrest for any RHD Golf/A3.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    johnny, i like those wheels but wouldnt choose myself - looking forward to seiing your car finished
    Cheers pal!

Yeah they will be an aquired taste, but in the flesh they look less OTT as they have a classy matte and understated finish. Picked them for a few reasons...

1) The SB is begging for 19" alloys IMO
    2) Makes the car look a little more like a 300bhp hatchback
    3) ABT design their alloys around the shapes of Audi's
    4) Almost the same colour scheme as the standard S3 alloys = Anthricite and Silver

Will probably have them delivered and fitted in 2 weeks or so, just debating whether to have the calipers painted red as Audi told me this would void the warranty on them!!

jeez!!
    Silky-S3 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Up to now but they are putting them on the LHD so can't see why not the RHD especially as it's in the brochure

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Up to now but they are putting them on the LHD so can't see why not the RHD especially as it's in the brochure
    Simple, no room on RHS for it. The LHD cars have the wheel well space for it to go on.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Comrades!

I received a sample alloy from ABT today, this is the 18" but i'm actually going for 19"

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I thought i'd post a pic anyway...

I do love the S3 alloys when they are clean, I think the polished parts really make it stand out, problem is, them parts get covered in dust very easily and the whole alloy ends up looking dull and small...

Look good!
    Johnnyb likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't follow that because there is a footrest there so just make it brushed silver rather than plastic doesn't have to be any bigger

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Don't follow that because there is a footrest there so just make it brushed silver rather than plastic doesn't have to be any bigger
    Have you not noticed that the SS footrest is a LOT bigger than the plastic one on the RHD cars? The RHD rest is small and tapers away to make sure you have enough space between it and the clutch.

3rd Gear

Status
    I hadn't really as the one I saw was on a stronic which would work for uk as well - I take on board what you're saying for manuals but why not just advise and take it out the brochure

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I hadn't really as the one I saw was on a stronic which would work for uk as well - I take on board what you're saying for manuals but why not just advise and take it out the brochure
    Yer its a mistake in the brochure (been there for a number of versions) they should sort it out really. But I suspect most people don't even notice.

3rd Gear

Status
    True

2nd Gear

Status
    I am 37 years old and prefer manual box, not sure what that's does to the stats, do I just creep in to the younger category ?
    probably do on this forum, but may not on the boy racer forums, but don't fancy a lime green vauxhall !
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

1st Gear

Status
    Personally, I lament the lack of green cars on the roads these days. I'm 43!

Neutral

Status
    I'm the other side of 40 (just). Had manuals since I was 17 until my first A4 in 2008. That had a multitronic auto and I only went for it because the car was a cancelled order and heavily discounted (a compromise). Had nothing but trouble. My current S4 is s-Tronic and I think it suits the car really well hence staying with the auto on the S3. My view I that the auto box technology has moved on so much over the years that the S-Tronic is in my opinion the best of both worlds and a million miles away from the autos in the 80's and 90's. I sometimes miss not having a manual but more often glad for the auto.
    gilesf likes this.

Banned

Status
    Agree autos have moved on BUT they are not so engaging in small sporty cars like the S3 in my opinion.

3rd Gear

Status
    Agree autos have moved on BUT they are not so engaging in small sporty cars like the S3 in my opinion.
    would you take PDK or manual in a 911 ?

Banned

Status
    Drove a 2007 manual 911 loved it. Nearly bought it from Solihull Porsche but!!!!!Near neighbour has PDK but never driven one. Porsche 911 is a rather heavier less engaging prospect than an S3 so probably either ok.

1st Gear

Status
    Some will agree, some will disagree with you, its just an opinion and no one is right or wrong. Moving on..... I was invited to the Audi day at Oulton Park next Tuesday but have a board mtg so cant go, absolutely gutted as could have tried the S3 on the track, not to mention the RS6 - is any lucky bugger going?

Neutral

Status
    I got an invite too but like you can't get to it for various contract meetings.

3rd Gear

Status
    Collecting mine on Wednesday.
    Johnnyb and Lmg like this.

6th Gear

Status
    Fair comment especially as something as small as this but at the end of the day we'd all be complaining if they changed something major and tried to use that disclaimer and I think it should be as stated (sale of goods act) otherwise who knows what else you may or may not be getting

Not sure how this has passed quality control really as the Germans are usually very thorough
    The brochure for the UK is likely not done by the Germans...
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Collecting mine on Wednesday.
    Lucky chap, what colour have you gone for? I'll be collecting mine in......April!

6th Gear

Status
    just debating whether to have the calipers painted red as Audi told me this would void the warranty on them!!
    Pretty sure that's illegal - warranty would only be void if the paint can be shown to be a contributing factor to whatever failure you are claiming under warranty.

3rd Gear

Status
    The brochure for the UK is likely not done by the Germans...
    I didn't mean the brochure I meant the cars that were built - they are obviously putting them on the LHD's

4th Gear

Status
    Pretty sure that's illegal - warranty would only be void if the paint can be shown to be a contributing factor to whatever failure you are claiming under warranty.
    That's what i thought..

Yet this was the head of the bodyshop at the Audi dealership, he was obviously not trying to sell me anything but was quite happy to tell me my warranty would be done and that the paint would flake anyway and basically talked me out of it!!

Don't really know what to do, how common are caliper problems? I've never had one...

Audi needs a new sexy design department that won't have a heart attack at the hint of a red caliper or a 19" alloy...

god forbid :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    I'll probably be on here moaning in a few weeks when I get the car tho with having a 16wk old baby and having to p**s about getting her in and out!!
    you got a 3 door and you have a baby - oops

oh well, just buy a 2nd hand suv or dare I say it people carrier

3rd Gear

Status
    Truth is that 5 door hatchbacks are becoming increasingly popular, even in other car brands, i do believe though that Audi's 8P set the trend for this, just like they did for Pano Roof's, and Daytime Running Lights that you now see on every other fecking car...

But 3 door 5 door = our band of brothers here have all obviously got impecable taste!!

eh Volvo set the trend for DSL and I pretty sure Peugeot or Renault set the trend for pano roofs and 5 door small hatchbacks. audi just make them better in a similar way some people (not me) think apple made the mobile phone better

3rd Gear

Status
    Porsche 911 is a rather heavier less engaging prospect than an S3 so probably either ok.
    about 30kg heavier kerb weight, negligible.
    less engaging ? Oh how I laughed !
    VeeDubDan likes this.

Banned

Status
    The one I drove at Solihull was a blue 2007 C2S . That was in summer 2008 and yes it did feel heavy to drive and not that agile.
    That's only a couple of reasons we didn't buy one. Drove a Black one in Cardiff shortly after to compare and that nailed it.
    The new S3 feels more agile and yes it is lighter than a 911. Great cars but a different ownership proposition .

Banned

Status
    The wheels shown for the S3 are wrong too in brochure.

Banned

Status
    And you need to tell insurers.. apparently doing this indicates a 'tearaway mentality' and more likelihood of being stolen.. maybe there's some truth!!!???

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    you got a 3 door and you have a baby - oops

oh well, just buy a 2nd hand suv or dare I say it people carrier
    Way ahead of you pal the wife's got an X5!
    The S3 will be my toy

1st Gear

Status
    Red calipers is a factory option for mainland Europe. Not sure about the UK as I wasn't interested in them at the time of order. Have Audi UK deleted that option?
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist