Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Page 68 of 153 FirstFirst ... 185861626364656667686970717273747578118 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,720 of 6105
Like Tree3308Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicker View Post
    Will do. The brochure is misleading though, it clearly says red in the door inserts as we'll but yet to see one with that but if you look on the Audi site there is an A3 with red door inserts. The dealer is sure it will be in the door inserts but I'm not convinced guess we will have to wait and see. Pics to follow soon!!!
    Thanks, thats strange, it seems that there are a few bits and pieces (e.g. aly foot rest) that differ from the catalogue - you would hope that UK dealers know what they are doing but soon find out I guess. Look fwd to the pics soon, cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Just seen a S3 SB in Estoril Blue go passed my office in Cobham - would be interested to know any Surrey S3 owners!
    Louay likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Dealer emailed me today... My car is now 'in transit' and on its way to the German docks. BOOM!
    What build week were you Paul 44? Same as me iirc. I hope mines en route aswell, my dealer never keeps me up to date with things.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Neutral

Status
    Dealer emailed me today... My car is now 'in transit' and on its way to the German docks. BOOM!
    Mine's at the docks too.
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    Mine's at the docks too.
    Who let you know that? I couldn't get hold of Mike so I got passed to Michael Seggie instead!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status

2013 Audi S3

Who let you know that? I couldn't get hold of Mike so I got passed to Michael Seggie instead!
    That's the guy. Got an Out of office with Michele's details. Emailed him instead. Have sent a follow up email asking for a guess on when we can pick up.
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    That's the guy. Got an Out of office with Michele's details. Emailed him instead. Have sent a follow up email asking for a guess on when we can pick up.
    Awesome! I'll do the same!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Sounds like there's a few S3's ready for shipping then!
    Luckily mine's from Grimsby Audi so the salesman said he'd go and pick it up from Grimsby docks and get it ready ASAP!!

5th Gear

Status
    Check the mileage to make sure he hasn't taken it on a long thrash somewhere ;-)
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    Awesome! I'll do the same!
    I've been given a 5/6th December pick up.

4th Gear

Status
    I've been given a 5/6th December pick up.
    That's strange, Michael said he said to me early-mid December and that he can't say a date at the moment...

1st Gear

Status
    Will do. The brochure is misleading though, it clearly says red in the door inserts as we'll but yet to see one with that but if you look on the Audi site there is an A3 with red door inserts. The dealer is sure it will be in the door inserts but I'm not convinced guess we will have to wait and see. Pics to follow soon!!!
    Red pack added to my spec, have managed to get nearly 10% discount - Daniel at Kings Lynn Audi has been by far the best Audi sales person that ive dealt with. Going over to Kings Lynn in the next week or so to finalise it all, full spec to follow later, very very excited!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Red pack added to my spec, have managed to get nearly 10% discount - Daniel at Kings Lynn Audi has been by far the best Audi sales person that ive dealt with. Going over to Kings Lynn in the next week or so to finalise it all, full spec to follow later, very very excited!
    you managed to up it from 7% then! Im also dealing with Daniel. I wonder if kings Lynn know they are being talking about a lot on here?
    Where in the country are you gilesf?
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

Neutral

Status
    Nice one, best I get taking some pictures when it arrives lol...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    you managed to up it from 7% then! Im also dealing with Daniel. I wonder if kings Lynn know they are being talking about a lot on here?
    Where in the country are you gilesf?
    Hi c.grex. Yes, Daniel offered 7% initially which I was happy with to be honest. Then when ivicker said that he has specced it and a few others said they'd got 9% I decided to see if they would increase the discount to include the parade red pack, which Daniel did. Yes, you are right, he said that he knows how well the 9% is going down, it will be dropping to 7% and is only available for a limited period (no reason to disbelieve that). I've always wondered whether the dealers have "spies" on here, maybe they do, I just can't believe that some dealers will not budge on any discount, and yet dealing with Kings Lynn is a very different experience, bizarre. just can't wait now to get over there - I live in Glossop by the way so a trip east to Norfolk is no sweat whatsoever! Whereabouts in the ribble valley are you? I know Clitheroe reasonably well and work in Bury.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one, best I get taking some pictures when it arrives lol...
    yes please mate!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi c.grex. Yes, Daniel offered 7% initially which I was happy with to be honest. Then when ivicker said that he has specced it and a few others said they'd got 9% I decided to see if they would increase the discount to include the parade red pack, which Daniel did. Yes, you are right, he said that he knows how well the 9% is going down, it will be dropping to 7% and is only available for a limited period (no reason to disbelieve that). I've always wondered whether the dealers have "spies" on here, maybe they do, I just can't believe that some dealers will not budge on any discount, and yet dealing with Kings Lynn is a very different experience, bizarre. just can't wait now to get over there - I live in Glossop by the way so a trip east to Norfolk is no sweat whatsoever! Whereabouts in the ribble valley are you? I know Clitheroe reasonably well and work in Bury.
    Hi there, is that 7/9% off list price without options or off total car inc options price?

1st Gear

Status
    Yep I'm in Clitheroe. I just notice you mention Blackburn indirectly in one of your posts so wondered if you where near. I've done everything with Daniel via email and don't plan to visit Kings Lynn until i collect the car!
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    Hi there, is that 7/9% off list price without options or off total car inc options price?
    Off total, inc Options.
    kenny_boon likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    Hi, it's 9% off the total price inc options. It's base price of £26,600, my options total £5800 ish, the £2900 discount is then subtracted and VAT is added after that. My spec is:

Sportback S Tronic
    Misano red
    18" 5 twin spoke star design alloys
    Adaptive cruise control
    Audi sound system
    Audi parking system plus
    Audi phone box
    Aluminium roof rails
    Electric adjustable / folding mirrors
    Interior light pack
    Parade red design pack
    Panoramic sunroof
    Privacy glass
    Technology pack
    Through load system
    Tyre pressure monitor

really chuffed with that spec.
    kenny_boon and c.grex like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Yep I'm in Clitheroe. I just notice you mention Blackburn indirectly in one of your posts so wondered if you where near. I've done everything with Daniel via email and don't plan to visit Kings Lynn until i collect the car!
    i spoke to someone at Blackburn, he offered me 0% discount! I said that I had been offered a decent discount elsewhere and he said that he'd speak to his manager! surprise surprise I didn't get a call back!! I need to see Daniel because I have a Q5 to part-ex, but it's not a problem. It'll be a slightly nervous drive back after collection I imagine!!!

5th Gear

Status
    I presume you've got the comfort pack too?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I presume you've got the comfort pack too?
    i haven't actually no, decided that I had to draw the line somewhere, loads more options I wanted to tick though.

1st Gear

Status
    i spoke to someone at Blackburn, he offered me 0% discount! I said that I had been offered a decent discount elsewhere and he said that he'd speak to his manager! surprise surprise I didn't get a call back!! I need to see Daniel because I have a Q5 to part-ex, but it's not a problem. It'll be a slightly nervous drive back after collection I imagine!!!
    I have a 20 month old A4 to get rid of too and mentioned that to him, so I may need to visit nearer the time if I can't shift it locally.

The A4 I have came from Blackburn. I test drove there S3 for the day, but no discount could be found. It's funny because drive the deal use Carlisle for there discounted cars, and they are part of the same group as Blackburn (Blackburn,Preston,Carlisle) The salesman really tried his best to convince the sales manager to discount it for me as he knew I'd just go elsewhere.
    gilesf likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I don't understand 0% - why would anyone buy there!!

without a discount you could almost buy TWO ford focus st2's - sure they aren't in the same class but the audi isn't twice the car and audi and their dealers are in danger of being too greedy

I buy and sell a lot and even a decent hardened seller would still do a deal
    gilesf likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I have a 20 month old A4 to get rid of too and mentioned that to him, so I may need to visit nearer the time if I can't shift it locally.

The A4 I have came from Blackburn. I test drove there S3 for the day, but no discount could be found. It's funny because drive the deal use Carlisle for there discounted cars, and they are part of the same group as Blackburn (Blackburn,Preston,Carlisle) The salesman really tried his best to convince the sales manager to discount it for me as he knew I'd just go elsewhere.
    Agree, I even managed to get discount via carwow from several dealers but none were in this area, closest would have been Stoke I think and their discount was about 4%. In this day and age I cant understand the mentality of letting buyers walk away to a competitor, with my business we would never let that happen unless there was a very good reason so it baffles me. I havent even test driven an S3 yet but will do so next week hopefully, but thery wont get the business because you know that they'll never match 9%.

2nd Gear

Status
    but thery wont get the business because you know that they'll never match 9%.
    I gave my local dealer a chance - he was short of my target by almost exactly £1000 which is a fair chunk. Have to say I don't understand the mentality at all either. Either you make the sale or someone else will (although having driven to Kings Lynn once before from where I am, it would have to be a stupendous deal to make me do that again!).

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arad85 View Post
    I gave my local dealer a chance - he was short of my target by almost exactly £1000 which is a fair chunk. Have to say I don't understand the mentality at all either. Either you make the sale or someone else will (although having driven to Kings Lynn once before from where I am, it would have to be a stupendous deal to make me do that again!).
    Good that you tried, but for some reason most dealers just cant get near to the 9%. I can understand that but to give nothing is just ridiculous. Yes, the drive over there isnt the greatest but for a 9% discount i'd drive to Lands End or John O'Groats! Its the difference between being able to add some nice bits to the package or not, and I have customers in that area so can kill a few birds with one stone. Definitely worth all the hassle and so glad that I joined this forum or i'd be none the wiser re Kings Lynn.

3rd Gear

Status
    I think I was the first to get the 9% from Daniel at Kings Lynn (could be wrong there) I was pointed to them by someone I deal with business wise. He has said that since I posted on here he has sold quite a few S3's, I suspect a few have kept quiet to be honest!

Great guy to deal with, can't wait for ours to come!

Blackburn and Preston my local dealers didn't want to know, they where fine with me they just wouldn't discount at all which I guess is their right, seems daft but they both said they have sold S3's at list, some people have too much money!
    c.grex likes this.

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    I think I was the first to get the 9% from Daniel at Kings Lynn (could be wrong there) I was pointed to them by someone I deal with business wise. He has said that since I posted on here he has sold quite a few S3's, I suspect a few have kept quiet to be honest!

Great guy to deal with, can't wait for ours to come!

Blackburn and Preston my local dealers didn't want to know, they where fine with me they just wouldn't discount at all which I guess is their right, seems daft but they both said they have sold S3's at list, some people have too much money!
    Well if thats right - thank you!! Daniel said that the 9% will be reducing soon, guess you cant offer that level of discount indefinitely, but im sure as you say that he has done pretty well out of it! He always responds quickly which is unusual in the motor trade (I sent off 2 email's to Audi HQ requesting a test drive, 2 weeks later and didnt get any response whatsoever - crap), have booked one myself in Bolton next week, cant wait. Yes, Blackburn sales guy told me the same, selling at list so no need to discount, lucky them!!

Cheers for the Kings Lynn tip off!

Neutral

Status
    I'm at Walton audi at the moment and a s3 sb in estoril has just been put into the delivery bay for collection today/tomorrow. If it's an audi sport net owner then I'll tell you first hand. It's looking THE NUTS!!!
    Louay, Battlekrapz, Lmg and 1 others like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks RobH S3 for recommending snow foam!!

tried it last night on a mucky / dusty car, did it in the dark and took 15-20 mins, saw it this morning and it was surprisingly clean!!

Great for keeping it presentable this time of year every 3 days or so, used in conjunction with a wheel cleaner spray.

P.S. This new S3 - it can definitely go round corners!!
    c.grex and Lmg like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Well if thats right - thank you!! Daniel said that the 9% will be reducing soon, guess you cant offer that level of discount indefinitely, but im sure as you say that he has done pretty well out of it! He always responds quickly which is unusual in the motor trade (I sent off 2 email's to Audi HQ requesting a test drive, 2 weeks later and didnt get any response whatsoever - crap), have booked one myself in Bolton next week, cant wait. Yes, Blackburn sales guy told me the same, selling at list so no need to discount, lucky them!!

Cheers for the Kings Lynn tip off!
    No problem

I asked him if it was ok to post on here that I received 9% and he actively encouraged me to and has since told me he's sold quite a few, I was pretty adamant I wasn't ordering one unless I got 9% so glad we got there in the end
    gilesf likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    No problem

I asked him if it was ok to post on here that I received 9% and he actively encouraged me to and has since told me he's sold quite a few, I was pretty adamant I wasn't ordering one unless I got 9% so glad we got there in the end
    Surely you and Andrew should be getting more than 9% for all the business coming there way!

3rd Gear

Status
    Surely you and Andrew should be getting more than 9% for all the business coming there way!
    It has been noted mate in case I love the saloon S3 as much as I think I will do!

4th Gear

Status
    http://youtu.be/78OSeq28glQ

I WISH MY CAR WOULD USE SOME OF THOSE 300 HORSES AND GET TO ME A BIT FASTER!
    Silky-S3, Danners78 and Lmg like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Around 8% give or take a percent
    that's the top end - most have been getting 5-6% with a small number getting 8-9%

Neutral

Status
    7 day insurance arranged, collection on Saturday. Wheels have now been powder coated and are back with the dealer. Slightly nervous to see how it all looks
    paullowther likes this.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Audi S3 Introduction and Features - YouTube

I WISH MY CAR WOULD USE SOME OF THOSE 300 HORSES AND GET TO ME A BIT FASTER!
    Awesome color! I take it the red segments around the speado are for the ACC?

6th Gear

Status
    Yep, and normal CC I think
    Silky-S3 likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack