Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 64 of 156 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174114 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,560 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Crossed the 500 mile mark today on the S3....

Overtook a tractor in 3rd to the red line...

Holy Moly...

I do hope the tuning companies provide free nappies with their impending software...
    Just had a test drive (SB manual) for the day - have too concur with Jonny most impressive thing about the car was the overtaking punch in 3rd. Either that or the rear view mirror makes other vehicles look very small very quickly!
    Also loved the car's schizophrenia easy going in stop start traffic too.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    First proper bit of performance i have given it, very impressed!

Quick question for any S-tronic users out there - Is the Dynamic mode the same as when you push the lever stick down a notch in D where it puts it in S (Sport mode) ??

I presumed so, unless Dynamic and Sport are 2 seperate modes?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    How do you know there was no auto high beam?
    i assumed it it didn't as he manually put the high beam on when showing the shots of the LED headlights. I might be wrong?!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

6th Gear

Status
    You can still use it manually even with the auto option

Or at least, I can switch mine between auto and full beam.

You can also toggle it in the MMI I believe.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just a quick update on ESP/ESC -case... I got confirmation from audi that all stability control functions turns off by simply pressing the esp button for few seconds. This is also stated in german/swedish/finnish brochure...

I booked a S3 test drive to confirm that S3 is everything I want. I have (almost) decided all the specs and after the test drive I think I HAVE TO buy one! :D
    Lmg likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is the quote:

Elektronische Stabilisierungskontrolle (ESC)
    abschaltbar, mit hydraulischem Bremsassistenten:Die elektronische Stabilisierungskontrolle sorgt durchgezieltes Abbremsen einzelner Räder und Eingriff insMotormanagement für mehr Stabilität in gefährlichenSituationen und unterstützt bei der Stabilisierung desFahrzeugs durch eine Änderung des Lenkmoments.

and the "magic" word is "abschaltbar" which translates: "can be switched off".

Neutral

Status
    One other highlight of the test drive that even she liked. No iPod cable in car so I connected iPhone 5 by Bluetooth. Whenever you get in car it starts playing track where you left off and phone stops automatically as you walk away from car, nice. Standard audio good so look forward to B&O :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecosphere View Post
    One other highlight of the test drive that even she liked. No iPod cable in car so I connected iPhone 5 by Bluetooth. Whenever you get in car it starts playing track where you left off and phone stops automatically as you walk away from car, nice. Standard audio good so look forward to B&O :-)
    b&o THE reason i bought my new S3
    thedooker likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    b&o THE reason i bought my new S3
    hear hear - the b&o is epic. No other way of describing it.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    The best review I've seen of an S3 so far... by far!

really good review and also shows what some of the options look like that are the same on the sportback eg the rear cupholder/arm rest through load would look like which Ive not seen anywhere

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J0n3 View Post
    Just a quick update on ESP/ESC -case... I got confirmation from audi that all stability control functions turns off by simply pressing the esp button for few seconds. This is also stated in german/swedish/finnish brochure...

I booked a S3 test drive to confirm that S3 is everything I want. I have (almost) decided all the specs and after the test drive I think I HAVE TO buy one! :D
    I spent a year of indecision trying cars but soon realised there was no such car that is quick, cheap to buy, cheap to run, holds value, has decent mpg, has 5 doors, is child friendly, looks nice, is of decent quality, is both big on the inside and small on the outside, is practical and can carry family of four and luggage, is not rear wheel drive

so I just focused on what was important - initially thought about the golf gti but hated the interior as it felt cheap so it can down to practical (merc b class amg sport version), quick/fun (audi s3 saloon or sportback or merc a45)

s3 sportback won hands down
    Last edited by royalsteve68; 8th November 2013 at 21:37.
    gilesf likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeh and don't thank apple for that. I am surprised Apple haven't claimed they invented the air we breathe. I'm still waiting for the day when Apple actually invent something.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Ill be VERY surprised if this is true. Audi CS often get things wrong. They have to keep ESP on for NCAP ratings.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    I spent a year of indecision trying cars but soon realised there was no such car that is quick, cheap to buy, cheap to run, holds value, has decent mpg, has 5 doors, is child friendly, looks nice, is of decent quality, is both big on the inside and small on the outside, is practical and can carry family of four and luggage, is not rear wheel drive

so I just focused on what was important - initially thought about the golf gti but hated the interior as it felt cheap so it can down to practical (merc b class amg sport version), quick/fun (audi s3 saloon or sportback or merc a45)

almost exactly the same story as me. I hated the mk7 gti interior too. If you take away the 'cheap to buy' criteria the s3 SB fits just about everything else. I class it as economical, bearing in mind what you are getting.

Banned

Status
    is not rear wheel drive

Bit surprised at the above comment on RWD.. Would you really prefer FWD ??? especially with 300bhp... No way... I experienced 230+bhp in a Volvo T5 years ago... NO WAY is FWD better than RWD if you have over about 150bhp.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Ill be VERY surprised if this is true. Audi CS often get things wrong. They have to keep ESP on for NCAP ratings.
    Had to google that one and it was interesting... EURO-NCAP test cars with AND without ESP if it can be turned off, check out A3 from ESC performance | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Had to google that one and it was interesting... EURO-NCAP test cars with AND without ESP if it can be turned off, check out A3 from ESC performance | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating

Yer I know that but will still bet big that off will just mean reduced intervention.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    ive just added it.
    but hard to show on pictures, so not many pics. It adds LED's everywhere. Adds lighting footwell, lower doors, rear seats, glovebox, sun blinds, and cup holders.

well worth £170, would cost loads more if you just bought the parts never mind tried to fit them.
    i will try and get a photo one night... i think its a worthy extra... the only thing that annoys me is no light in the arm rest which apart from the glove box is about the only covered storage in the cabin...

Neutral

Status
    Does anyone know standard settings on Drive Select e.g gear change revs / limits or any lucky owner tried setting up a profile in individual setting?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Bit surprised at the above comment on RWD.. Would you really prefer FWD ??? especially with 300bhp... No way... I experienced 230+bhp in a Volvo T5 years ago... NO WAY is FWD better than RWD if you have over about 150bhp.
    i think what royal steve was saying was that RWD isn't anything like as effective as the Quattro AWD, don't think he mentions FWD. I had a BMW 320 before my Audi and in some cases it was good but in others such as snow, hopeless as we all know. Looking at what he said, I took that to be his point. Sure you're right about not wanting too much power at the front but with the S3 that's obviously not the case.

5th Gear

Status
    Does anyone know standard settings on Drive Select e.g gear change revs / limits or any lucky owner tried setting up a profile in individual setting?
    i had a play with this on an extended test drive (they lent us the car for a while).

We setup the individual setting to give us the fruity exhaust note, comfort steering and dynamic throttle response - seemed to work ok. It was on a manual car rather than an s-tronic though so didn't get to play about with the gear change stuff.

3rd Gear

Status
    It all depends what you class as "better" - faster, more involving, safer?
    FWD cars have come on absolute leaps and bounds since your experience, see Megane Renaultsport, Focus RS etc, can handle the power through the front wheels and handle amazingly at the same time.

My driving preference is RWD, but only in the dry, which in this country is not often.
    That's why my daily driver is always FWD or AWD.

4th Gear

Status
    I'm just sat watching an old episode of top gear on Dave, looks like it was filmed 2007ish.

Jezza just tested the 'new' Porsche Carrera S which had a 0-60 time of 4.5. It's crazy to think that our new S3's would nearly be neck and neck to a performance Porsche of a few years back. Really puts the power of the Audi into perspective... Especially when you see the Porsche pulling and holding a power slide around a big bend!
    MatthewC likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    This is one a lot of us have been waiting for!

http://youtu.be/oWnkxgPhPxM
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    I can't wait. Sounds amazing.

4th Gear

Status
    Nice one Paul!!

Is that an aftermarket exhaust or standard?

I was wondering if any S-tronic S3 users were to put an aftermarket exhaust on - would you lose the blip sounds on the upshifts?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Nice one Paul!!

Is that an aftermarket exhaust or standard?

I was wondering if any S-tronic S3 users were to put an aftermarket exhaust on - would you lose the blip sounds on the upshifts?
    Nope, they get even louder! Well they did on the 8P S3 Stronic
    Johnnyb likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Nope, they get even louder! Well they did on the 8P S3 Stronic
    Well that's confirmed my decision to go with a Milltek when they eventually release one...

I only asked as i remember reading the new S3' exhaust had a flap in it, and i was under the impression this caused the blip? I could be totally wrong...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Well that's confirmed my decision to go with a Milltek when they eventually release one...

I only asked as i remember reading the new S3' exhaust had a flap in it, and i was under the impression this caused the blip? I could be totally wrong...
    The 8P had a flap as well. It opened at about 4k RPM and was just to keep it quite at town speeds. Nothing to do with creating the pops and bangs.
    Johnnyb likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Some info here on what mods are available from MTM for the car already...

Audi S3 8V Sportback Tuning - 2,0 TFSI 221 kW (300hp) Quattro

I have already spoken to a few companies about using ours for development. It is going to Cobra Sport for the exhaust development in March/April. No doubt it will be going to Shark as well sometime in early 2014. MTM are notorious for quoting small figures on remaps so I'd expect most stage 1 tunes to be in the region of 370 BHP.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Some info here on what mods are available from MTM for the car already...

Audi S3 8V Sportback Tuning - 2,0 TFSI 221 kW (300hp) Quattro

I have already spoken to a few companies about using ours for development. It is going to Cobra Sport for the exhaust development in March/April. No doubt it will be going to Shark as well sometime in early 2014. MTM are notorious for quoting small figures on remaps so I'd expect most stage 1 tunes to be in the region of 370 BHP.
    thanks for the info GNJ!

Any news on working out this new type of ECU yet?

4th Gear

Status
    Also, how can it be that this car can get circa 70bhp from a stage 1 remap, whereas the 8P S3 was around 40-50bhp?

Is it to do with the new turbo? I know the S4 makes around 70bhp from stage 1

3rd Gear

Status
    Also, how can it be that this car can get circa 70bhp from a stage 1 remap, whereas the 8P S3 was around 40-50bhp?

Is it to do with the new turbo? I know the S4 makes around 70bhp from stage 1
    I'll be honest, we know little about it as yet until it arrives. Some cars gain more from maps than others, the 335i I have now gained 70 BHP stage 1.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh and don't thank apple for that. I am surprised Apple haven't claimed they invented the air we breathe. I'm still waiting for the day when Apple actually invent something.

Even something useful would be nice...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I don't know if this has been posted before re the foot rest that should be stainless steel but is delivered in plastic. I have complained to Audi direct re the rest. I have received an email saying it should come with stainless. They have asked for a picture which I have sent. They have said that it is a potential miss build. I will let you know what the reply to the photo of a plastic rest is
    T3ryp likes this.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    It all depends what you class as "better" - faster, more involving, safer?
    FWD cars have come on absolute leaps and bounds since your experience, see Megane Renaultsport, Focus RS etc, can handle the power through the front wheels and handle amazingly at the same time.

My driving preference is RWD, but only in the dry, which in this country is not often.
    That's why my daily driver is always FWD or AWD.
    I do appreciate FWD has improved greatly BUT have you ever driven a 170 A3 Tdi 8P with FWD... horrible ... then the Quattro version..brilliant! Chalk and cheese.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by richy scott View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted before re the foot rest that should be stainless steel but is delivered in plastic. I have complained to Audi direct re the rest. I have received an email saying it should come with stainless. They have asked for a picture which I have sent. They have said that it is a potential miss build. I will let you know what the reply to the photo of a plastic rest is
    not seen much said about this from when it was on a few pages ago. By looks of all the pictures on here, nobody has had a right hand drive with the rest in anything but plastic.
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

3rd Gear

Status
    I do appreciate FWD has improved greatly BUT have you ever driven a 170 A3 Tdi 8P with FWD... horrible ... then the Quattro version..brilliant! Chalk and cheese.
    Sorry thought you were talking about FWD v RWD.......

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    not seen much said about this from when it was on a few pages ago. By looks of all the pictures on here, nobody has had a right hand drive with the rest in anything but plastic.
    Both the new RS4 and new S5 have plastic, so I'd be surprised if the S3 comes with anything other than that.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by richy scott View Post
    Good luck, but I'm pretty sure I know how this will pan out. And it doesn't involve a stainless footrest.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist