Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 61 of 156 FirstFirst ... 115154555657585960616263646566676871111 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,440 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

4th Gear

Status
    Why couldn't they have put the front chrome splitter on the SB or 3 door???? Only subtle but looks better IMO...

I was gonna order the saloon S3 but couldn't keep the 8P for another 9 months or however long the wait is gonna be...

My imaginery next / dream car will hopefully come to fruition in form of an RS3 Saloon...hopefully no longer than 2 years away...

That will be a beast!!
    paullowther likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Why couldn't they have put the front chrome splitter on the SB or 3 door???? Only subtle but looks better IMO...

I was gonna order the saloon S3 but couldn't keep the 8P for another 9 months or however long the wait is gonna be...

My imaginery next / dream car will hopefully come to fruition in form of an RS3 Saloon...hopefully no longer than 2 years away...

That will be a beast!!
    Here's to hoping that splitter fits onto the 3dr, it's one thing I really really want!
    Johnnyb likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Here's to hoping that splitter fits onto the 3dr, it's one thing I really really want!
    Let's keep in touch on this and look out for any updates!

Also on a side note, if you or anyone else could confirm - does the new 8V cigarette lighter socket only charge things like phones, sat navs etc when the ignition is switched on?

I just bought a Black & Decker mini vacuum that plugs into the lighter, and had to put the ignition on for it to work, then plugged my old Tom Tom in and the same, the Tom Tom charging indicator on the plug didn't light up until the car was started...

Called my dealer who seems to think that they have changed and this is normal, as apparently all new Mercedes cars are the same...
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Let's keep in touch on this and look out for any updates!
    I just did a quick front end comparison and the hatches have entirely different paneling so I don't think it will be an easy job.

4th Gear

Status
    I just did a quick front end comparison and the hatches have entirely different paneling so I don't think it will be an easy job.
    Shame, i'm sure something will become available, i do think Audi missed a trick here on the front end of the S3, it would have differentiated nicely from the rest of the models, ah well still looks great!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Comparing the 2 front end there's a few differences. It looks like the fake vents on the side of the hatchback aren't on the saloon.

Looks like it's a different bumper all together

6th Gear

Status
    The saloon, according to Audi, does not share one body panel with any other model aside from the convertible...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    Are you dead set on having the black pack on the white? I originally spec'd it but then realised that there isn't much going on with the front end of this new S3 (pretty tame) and the black pack IMO makes it even duller, the standard chrome actually makes it look like there is more going on given there are no fog lights and the chrome window surrounds are barely visible against the Glacier White...

Pics on mine are a few pages back
    Yes I saw yours and really liked it, but you always want to see all the options. I vacillate from one day to another. Today I want a Monsoon Grey, tomorrow who knows..

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James Chr View Post
    Yes I saw yours and really liked it, but you always want to see all the options. I vacillate from one day to another. Today I want a Monsoon Grey, tomorrow who knows..
    my sympathies. I ended up with panther black after estoril, monsoon, then panther...... Still think phantom may be a more sensible choice bit those purple hues of panther are stunning !

4th Gear

Status
    First pics I've seen of a 3door with lunar silver and panther black! I'm glad I've done this!

Danners78 and Lmg like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Whooops, and another

T3ryp, Lmg and Kempysue like this.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Those alloys look nice

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Those alloys look nice
    indeed, lovely....

Neutral

Status
    I'm trying to get hold of my dealer to change my order to the ‘10-spoke’ design titanium matt alloy wheels, also change to Audi Connect and delete the roof rails. (sorry roof rail lovers lol)

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Those alloys look nice
    I thought so too. I think it's the anthracite colour that goes well with the black paint.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    I thought so too. I think it's the anthracite colour that goes well with the black paint.
    im im a massive fan of darker alloys on lighter cars but the silver accents chromed work better with silver alloys on black cars. A wheel too dark ends up blended with the main car structure. Wheels should command contrast !
    VeeDubDan and Louay like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Same as the wheels I've ordered. Just need to see that combo with the black styling kit :-)
    Have just sold my old A3 TFSi Sline so I'm without a car till March!! Yikes!! Lots of cycling for me for a while!!

1st Gear

Status
    Tempted to change my alloys now!

Wonder if there is any beluga brown S3's!!
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

3rd Gear

Status
    Are those the matt titanium wheels? They don't look that dark on the configurator?
    I've ordered them, should look good with glacier white and black pack!
    Kempysue likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    I must be the only one that isn't a fan of the 10 spoke, i like the colour but the standard S3 alloys are titanium grey and a much more unique design without the extra cost IMO...

Might of been a different story if they were offered in 19" though...
    paullowther, Lmg and gilesf like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I only ordered these as I like multi spoke alloys and they were dark, didn't realise how dark the standard wheels actually were when I ordered (June) as only saw the configurator. In some ways I wish I'd saved the £395 for the 10 spokes now!

1st Gear

Status
    Interior light pack

​what isn't lit up if I don't spec this? I wish I'd stop reading this forum, I'm thinking of changing my order!
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    Interior light pack

​what isn't lit up if I don't spec this? I wish I'd stop reading this forum, I'm thinking of changing my order!
    Lol I know how you feel. Let's face it it's best to get to get advice on the options especially from those who ordered the items and now have them. Its difficult to view or make a decision on something based purely on a brochure.

In answer I've no idea so I just ordered it. I think the cup holder is lit as well as the switches and the front b and o speakers if selected. I think there's a pic in this thread orhper another thread which shows the lights

Neutral

Status
    New Audi S3 Sportback | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Does anyone know if these wheels are a factory option? They are amazing.

1st Gear

Status
    Interior light pack

The interior light pack changes the interiors lights from yellow to white LED. Also lights for doors and foot wells, and just the standard and quality of the lighting really adds to the look of the interior. These are standard on my current Sline A1 and for the price were a definate must on the order of the S3.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    im im a massive fan of darker alloys on lighter cars but the silver accents chromed work better with silver alloys on black cars. A wheel too dark ends up blended with the main car structure. Wheels should command contrast !
    I concur. IMO it has to be hyper silver alloys with estoril blue otherwise you add another colour to the car which doesn't really follow suit with the blue/silver contrast i know many may disagree but i, like lechts, want alloys to stand out and shortly after receiving the car or soon after the animals 1000km run in, will most probably change to 19's....possibly

these

WSP ITALY Pompei Wheels | WSP ITALY Pompei Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

or

WSP ITALY Amalfi Wheels | WSP ITALY Amalfi Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

or

WSP ITALY Potenza Wheels | WSP ITALY Potenza Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

or

WSP ITALY Giasone HS Wheels | WSP ITALY Giasone HS Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

thinking either the Giasone (rotor's for their chunky look) or the Potenza for their sharp lines to compliment the horizontal lines on the sides of the S3 Sportback.

your thoughts guys?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    I concur. IMO it has to be hyper silver alloys with estoril blue otherwise you add another colour to the car which doesn't really follow suit with the blue/silver contrast i know many may disagree but i, like lechts, want alloys to stand out and shortly after receiving the car or soon after the animals 1000km run in, will most probably change to 19's....possibly

these

WSP ITALY Pompei Wheels | WSP ITALY Pompei Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

or

WSP ITALY Amalfi Wheels | WSP ITALY Amalfi Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

or

WSP ITALY Potenza Wheels | WSP ITALY Potenza Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

or

WSP ITALY Giasone HS Wheels | WSP ITALY Giasone HS Alloys | Performance Alloys.com ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

thinking either the Giasone (rotor's for their chunky look) or the Potenza for their sharp lines to compliment the horizontal lines on the sides of the S3 Sportback.

your thoughts guys?
    i like the Amalfi, but do look a bit like the S line standard alloys and keep to the Audi look, but if you want to stand out A bit more Gladstone is a bit like Audi's Rotary but silver so will contrast well and on 19" would suite well, stands out but not to blingy.
    just my opinion, but Pompeii are a bit boy racer ?
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

4th Gear

Status
    Gladstone?

Banned

Status
    I would never put non Audi wheels on an Audi . Looks naf I think.
    VeeDubDan, c.grex and Jeff777LUFC like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Amalfi.!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    The interior light pack changes the interiors lights from yellow to white LED. Also lights for doors and foot wells, and just the standard and quality of the lighting really adds to the look of the interior. These are standard on my current Sline A1 and for the price were a definate must on the order of the S3.
    another £155 added to the order! (I keep telling myself 'extras' won't add any value to the car)
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

4th Gear

Status
    Definitely Amalfi, they look sickkkkk!

6th Gear

Status
    another £155 added to the order! (I keep telling myself 'extras' won't add any value to the car)
    It's a part myth. Some extras add to the value (sat nav for one), others add part value, some don't at all, some don't add value but will make the car easier to sell / more desirable to the people willing to pay more for the car, etc etc.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    All them wheels look terrible and tbh the more I see pics of the titanium front grill the more I dislike that aswell, glad I specked the black styling pack.... Not long to wait now!
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    All them wheels look terrible and tbh the more I see pics of the titanium front grill the more I dislike that aswell, glad I specked the black styling pack.... Not long to wait now!
    will work well with the glacier white, will break it up a bit from looking like a Zannussi
    RobH_S3 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    after some mind changing iv now added the tech pack to my order, didn't originally see the merit as i rarely use a satnav but after reading peoples opinions and responses on here it seems a bit more worthwhile now.

Glad i did too, Moved my cars build week forward by 4 weeks , Now looking like a Mid Dec build instead of week 3 next year

1st Gear

Status
    I would personally never put reps on a new S3. If you want 19s you should buy my genuine BBS CHs! They're for sale.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I would never put non Audi wheels on an Audi . Looks naf I think.
    You wouldn't say that about the MTM alloys I had on my last S3 SB. Sporttek and ABT alloys look fantastic as well.

I'm waiting on a quote from the stealer to have the alloys on my new S3 painted gloss black. They happily did the same for the TT RS I had. Only adds a day to the delivery as the dealer I use have them painted locally for customers. That'll work well with Glacier White, which is the colour I am going with.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

1st Gear

Status
    Whooops, and another

Christ on a bike, you have to look pretty hard to even tell that's an S3.I walked past a estoril blue one a couple of days ago and it didn't even get a second glance until the missis pointed it out. Colour I know is a personal thing, but IMO it makes or breaks a car. The new S3, much like the version before it, in dark colours looks like any other A3. Fine if that's your bag, but if I'm spending nearly 40k on a hatchback, it needs to look better than that.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    will work well with the glacier white, will break it up a bit from looking like a Zannussi
    Or it could end up looking like a typical S-Line rent-a-black-pack that you see on ze roads every day etc....