Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 59 of 153 FirstFirst ... 94952535455565758596061626364656669109 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,360 of 6105
Like Tree3309Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

6th Gear

Status
    Yup, but it just means that if they want to charge you more for having had an accident, they just add even more onto the premium rather than take away your NCD - they win either way.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Yup, but it just means that if they want to charge you more for having had an accident, they just add even more onto the premium rather than take away your NCD - they win either way.
    true but you lose a lot more with the % loss

3rd Gear

Status
    Protected NCD there too although I'm 43 with over 15 years NCD ( car and bike ) its a very small premium to protect my accumulated discount ....

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    I don't like it as it too black then, but if you are going to do it, then id change the wing mirror colour to black as well as this one looks odd

steve, eve, im sticking with chrome accents like this :image.jpg
    Johnnyb, Lmg and garethld like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    great picture Paul - Are there any more we can see please ???

Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post

Did somebody say they wanted to see an Estoril S3? Here's a bunch!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    great picture Paul - Are there any more we can see please ???
    Good pic - I cannot remember which number i specified for my door - might have been 53 ?
    Perhaps this is where they are thrashed - oops - I meant "run in" ..... lol
    paullowther likes this.
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    I'm going black with black styling, graphite wheels and black windows with the classic silver S3 wing mirrors.... controversial perhaps?? Can't wait to see what it looks like :-)

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    I'm going black with black styling, graphite wheels and black windows with the classic silver S3 wing mirrors.... controversial perhaps?? Can't wait to see what it looks like :-)
    I've gone down the same controversial route! I chose to keep Ali wing mirrors as I think they help break up the car and they're an S3 unique feature.

I also think that because I've ordered a 3 door the black on black won't be too overwhelming because it's a smaller car.
    Kempysue likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Completely agree with you Paul :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    I've gone down the same controversial route! I chose to keep Ali wing mirrors as I think they help break up the car and they're an S3 unique feature.

I also think that because I've ordered a 3 door the black on black won't be too overwhelming because it's a smaller car.
    I've decided to revert to the chrome accents, it makes the SB a little less glib, although I like both looks. No idea why Audi charge 300 for the black option pack.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    I must admit I've been in 2 minds about the chrome or black styling kit. Both will look great in my opinion. But yes, not sure why the black kit costs so much. Should be a no-cost option IMO

4th Gear

Status
    Black S3, Black styling pack, Black wing mirrors, Privacy glass, Graphite wheels = Stealth Bomber

Black S3, Chrome accents and roof rails = Classy wolf in sheep's clothing
    Last edited by Johnnyb; 5th November 2013 at 10:08.
    paullowther likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I'm thinking about the black pack and an alloy wheel change to this :

Attachment 22802
    Dont you dare!! that's what I have ordered haha
    Kempysue likes this.
    Picked Up In December 13! - A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI COD in Brilliant Black , Extras - Privacy Glass, Black Styling Pack, Deletion of Model and Engine, B&O Sound System, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, 18" 10 Spoke Titanium Alloys, Parking Plus, Alcantara Seats

Neutral

Status
    Mine should arrive at the dealers today and he has promised to email a couple of pics (fingers crossed)

Going to be phantom black, with black styling, black mirrors and privacy glass on a 3 door. Will post the pics once he sends them

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by djc82 View Post
    Mine should arrive at the dealers today and he has promised to email a couple of pics (fingers crossed)

Going to be phantom black, with black styling, black mirrors and privacy glass on a 3 door. Will post the pics once he sends them
    Nice one geezer! Can't wait!

3rd Gear

Status
    Well it's in transit from the factory to the dealers as it was built 2 weeks ago! The wait is almost over....
    The salesman is still saying it's going to be the 20th-ish though, that seems a long time to get from factory then PDI it?!

3rd Gear

Status
    could be tempted to go to phantom - i'm concerned the panther has elements of brown in certain light - does it ?

4th Gear

Status
    could be tempted to go to phantom - i'm concerned the panther has elements of brown in certain light - does it ?
    Those different hints of colours are what I like about Panther.

The walk back from the till at the petrol station at night when all of the forecourt lights are shining down on that newly detailed crystal effect paint is one thing I can't wait to see!

BOOM!
    Louay and the_lecht_rocks like this.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    YES PLEASE!!!!

Definitely need photos ASAP :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Those different hints of colours are what I like about Panther.

The walk back from the till at the petrol station at night when all of the forecourt lights are shining down on that newly detailed crystal effect paint is one thing I can't wait to see!

BOOM!
    but is there brown in there ?

Spec finalised as follows :

Panther Black Crystal
    Full Black Interior with Sports Seats
    Extended Mono Pur
    ACC
    Sat Nav SD
    LED Headlights
    Interior Lighting Pack
    Auto Release [HHA]
    Privacy Glass
    Comfort Pack
    Alu Roof Rails + Chrome Pack
    Advanced Key
    Heated Folding Miorrors
    Tyre Pressure Monitoring
    F&R Park Sensors
    Reversing Camera
    Bang + Olufsen Sound

Build week 50, pick up 01/03/14

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    I was waiting for the saloon but saw a standard a3 saloon and rear headroom and rear space killed it for me and I suspect the s3 will be worse. nice looking saloon though - I went for the s3 sportback in the end
    Ive seen a standard red saloon at the local dealers,i know what you mean about rear head room although a 3 year old and a 1 year old will be the ones spending the time in the back.

I cant help but feel the saloon looks to much like the S4 ive already ready got aswell...

The other thing is i cant see it being long before the RS3 comes out aswell which doesnt help matters!!
    Johnnyb likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    It's a bronzey brown in certain lights as seen in this video of Panther on a TTS.

Neutral

Status

Spec finalised as follows :

Panther Black Crystal
    Full Black Interior with Sports Seats
    Extended Mono Pur
    ACC
    Sat Nav SD
    LED Headlights
    Interior Lighting Pack
    Auto Release [HHA]
    Privacy Glass
    Comfort Pack
    Alu Roof Rails + Chrome Pack
    Advanced Key
    Heated Folding Miorrors
    Tyre Pressure Monitoring
    F&R Park Sensors
    Reversing Camera
    Bang + Olufsen Sound

Only standard sat nav with the small screen, seems out of place with a high specced car!

5th Gear

Status
    I thought that too.

Come on Rocks, dig deep and get the tech pack!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Only standard sat nav with the small screen, seems out of place with a high specced car!
    I agree too!
    Get rid of your Front Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Auto Release (HHA), Extended Mono Pur. And you have the £1000 to spend on the Tech Pack
    Kempysue likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah ROCKS.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thedooker On Twitter Visit thedooker's Youtube Channel

Mine is supposed to build week 50 and I get it at the start of Jan (I think week 2 to week 3). Are you just holding yours for the new reg?
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

5th Gear

Status
    Blimey, are we bullying our members now!!!

its only another £25/month on the PCP, come on man...
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I thought that too.

Come on Rocks, dig deep and get the tech pack!
    unsure as to what this offers me over the standard £495 SD pack ???

please advise ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thedooker View Post
    Mine is supposed to build week 50 and I get it at the start of Jan (I think week 2 to week 3). Are you just holding yours for the new reg?
    yes, no hurry to get it in the midst of winter hauling up to the Lecht and Glenshee

4th Gear

Status
    I think the Panther looks great in that video, you don't want to go too black, as it's nice to have the extra bronze effect show up in different lights, just like the Estoril can be very deep in low light and bright and striking in the sun!

I'm loving these 2 tone effect colours Audi are offering, even my Glacier looks grey / silver in low light, then fresh white in the sun...

Superb!

Reverse Gear

Status
    unsure as to what this offers me over the standard £495 SD pack ???

please advise ?
    - It adds in a 7" screen, instead of the 5.8" - If you think the standard A1 has a 6.5" screen!
    - Adds in MMI Touch - Turns the top of the MMI controller into a touch pad, can be used for entering letters, addresses, searching through media files etc...
    - Adds in Triple Tuner
    - Adds in Flash Memory (10GB)

And in terms of the SatNav - Has a faster action (HDD Based) Better graphics and such. (3D)
    Whole-word entry of addresses via voice control.
    Kempysue likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quick question on the Super Sport Seats..

Had the car 6 days and noticed from day 1 the lateral support kind of creaks / squeaks when turning into corners, i'm pretty sure my old bucket seats did this from new then 'bedded in'

Is this normal in new leather seats? It's in both sides so i'm guessing it because all of the inside cushioning is new, in fact my salesman gave me a courtesy call today and asked how things were, i mentioned this to him and he confirmed it's normal on the high spec nappa sport seats, and that over time it will diseappear...

Suppose i'm just looking for peace of mind...

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    I've got a silly question about the super sports seat - they are heated aren't they?? [QUOTE=Johnnyb;2005360]Quick question on the Super Sport Seats..

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    Well it's in transit from the factory to the dealers as it was built 2 weeks ago! The wait is almost over....
    The salesman is still saying it's going to be the 20th-ish though, that seems a long time to get from factory then PDI it?!
    Hi Geefunk
    that is a long time, my was put on the ship Sunday and I'm picking up on Friday. I thought this seemed a little too quick but they are certain that its Friday. I was asked to call the free seven day insurance yesterday to activate it for Friday.

i will try to post some pictures as soon as possible, it's white which doesn't seem to be the most popular choice - it's what I like,colour is a very personal thing so a choice I made without asking everybody else's opinion :-)

S3 Sportback, white, auto, black rails, black pack, mag ride, B&O etc.

4th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Kempysue;2005379]I've got a silly question about the super sports seat - they are heated aren't they??
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Quick question on the Super Sport Seats..
    Yes there are! Heated and creaky!
    Kempysue likes this.

Neutral

Status

Apparently it arrived but it was too dark to take pictures. Sales guy is off tomorrow but assures me pics 1st thing Thursday.

The wait goes on...

Hopefully they remember to take the pictures before the alloys get sent away to be powder coated

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T3ryp View Post
    Hi Geefunk
    that is a long time, my was put on the ship Sunday and I'm picking up on Friday. I thought this seemed a little too quick but they are certain that its Friday. I was asked to call the free seven day insurance yesterday to activate it for Friday.

i will try to post some pictures as soon as possible, it's white which doesn't seem to be the most popular choice - it's what I like,colour is a very personal thing so a choice I made without asking everybody else's opinion :-)

S3 Sportback, white, auto, black rails, black pack, mag ride, B&O etc.
    Well hopefully it won't take too long then!
    I've gone pretty much same as you except 3 door!
    Glacier white, black styling pack and titanium 10 spoke alloys, just hope they're dark as I'm not sure I should've specced them now I've seen the standard wheels are dark! I'm a big fan of dark wheels tho

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    - It adds in a 7" screen, instead of the 5.8" - If you think the standard A1 has a 6.5" screen!
    - Adds in MMI Touch - Turns the top of the MMI controller into a touch pad, can be used for entering letters, addresses, searching through media files etc...
    - Adds in Triple Tuner
    - Adds in Flash Memory (10GB)

And in terms of the SatNav - Has a faster action (HDD Based) Better graphics and such. (3D)
    Whole-word entry of addresses via voice control.
    Don't forget that it also adds functionality to the LED Headlights too that Rocks has ordered.

Without the tech pack you loose some of the additional LED Headlight functionality where they 'know' what road type you're on and adjust the beam pattern appropriately.

Doesn't the tech pack also add DVD playback capability too.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Don't forget that it also adds functionality to the LED Headlights too that Rocks has ordered.

Without the tech pack you loose some of the additional LED Headlight functionality where they 'know' what road type you're on and adjust the beam pattern appropriately.

Doesn't the tech pack also add DVD playback capability too.
    That's only with the Audi connect version though.