Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Page 58 of 156 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568108 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,320 of 6213
Like Tree3378Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

  1. #2281
    Derbz's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I don't like the rails either (and you don't need them to fit roof bars for carrying bikes etc, much as Audi would like you to think this), makes it look too much like an estate to me.
    Same here i think they look awful on the S3.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2282
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    115

    My Social Networking

    Add Kempysue on Facebook
    I've got two questions....
    1) is there any way of fitting a tow bar to the new S3 (need it to tow my jet ski)
    2) has anyone thought about the Servicing and Maintenance plans that are on offer? Servicing at £399 fpr 3 years seems ok. But when you work out the servicing and maintenance package over the 3 years (£34pm x 36 months = £1224) it seems v expensive.

    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

  4. #2283
    Derbz's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    77
    Some cracking looking cars on here Lads, i managed to take an S3 SB demo out for 3 hours yesterday and was very impressed with the whole package,although i jumped straight into my mates new M135i after and it kind of made the S3 feel tame! BUT the look of the BM is just nasty from the front.

    Im still waiting for the saloon to come out before i make my mind up though..

  5. #2284
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154
    To be fair, its not just Audi who sell cars with roof bars though! In my experience they make life much easier for carrying bikes, you may not strictly need them but if people want to carry bikes im sure that 99% would want roof rails in order to do so. They may make it look like an estate but lots of people seem to like that, all down to personal taste. As some have said too, if you are ordering black, grey, red, then the aluminium can add something visually.

  6. #2285
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,192
    I had read somewhere that the S3 can't have a towbar (not the Audi one) for some reason (perhaps it was quattros that couldnt' have them), but there are probably third party ones you can fit. Bear in mind that you'll have to inform your insurance company of the modification and they may up the premium if it wasn't done by the manufacturer.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  7. #2286
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    31
    I looked at the M135i before I ordered the S3 too...

    Couple of things put me off it:

    1) The interior in my opinion is miles behind the S3, the S3 just has so much more class and refinement.
    2) Rear wheel drive - It's a non-starter for me, i know we don't get that much bad weather, but i need full use of the car all year round.

    ... And i know people tend to say it's a better driving car, or it has better feel through the wheel, but lets face it, if you're spending best part of 40K on a car, i for one am certainly not power sliding it around corners or taking it to a track anytime soon. - I want the car to be a good all round car, work in all weather, be comfy, but also have a little power for the few times a week you might be able to actually use it on the UK roads. - I think the S3 covers that better than the M135i



    Quote Originally Posted by Derbz View Post
    Some cracking looking cars on here Lads, i managed to take an S3 SB demo out for 3 hours yesterday and was very impressed with the whole package,although i jumped straight into my mates new M135i after and it kind of made the S3 feel tame! BUT the look of the BM is just nasty from the front.

    Im still waiting for the saloon to come out before i make my mind up though..

  8. #2287
    geefunk1978's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    I looked at the M135i before I ordered the S3 too...

    Couple of things put me off it:

    1) The interior in my opinion is miles behind the S3, the S3 just has so much more class and refinement.
    2) Rear wheel drive - It's a non-starter for me, i know we don't get that much bad weather, but i need full use of the car all year round.

    ... And i know people tend to say it's a better driving car, or it has better feel through the wheel, but lets face it, if you're spending best part of 40K on a car, i for one am certainly not power sliding it around corners or taking it to a track anytime soon. - I want the car to be a good all round car, work in all weather, be comfy, but also have a little power for the few times a week you might be able to actually use it on the UK roads. - I think the S3 covers that better than the M135i
    I looked at the M135i too, but there were a few reasons I didn't buy one:
    They couldn't get anywhere near the deal I wanted for payments.
    The S3 may not be as much 'fun' (according to journo's) but I agree I won't be tracking it or powersliding it on the road and want all year round fast useability.
    The build quality/class difference is miles apart.
    The BMW loses money hand over fist, already seen them for £26k nearly new!
    Audi main dealer has been brilliant and bend over backwards to help.

    I also looked at the A45 AMG, again a few reasons I didn't order:
    The price is ridiculous for what it is, add a few options that you'd want and you're at £45k.
    The dealer never came back to me when I rang about being seriously interested (obviously weren't that bothered about a sale!)
    MatthewC likes this.

  9. #2288
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    I looked at the M135i too, but there were a few reasons I didn't buy one:
    They couldn't get anywhere near the deal I wanted for payments.
    The S3 may not be as much 'fun' (according to journo's) but I agree I won't be tracking it or powersliding it on the road and want all year round fast useability.
    The build quality/class difference is miles apart.
    The BMW loses money hand over fist, already seen them for £26k nearly new!
    Audi main dealer has been brilliant and bend over backwards to help.

    I also looked at the A45 AMG, again a few reasons I didn't order:
    The price is ridiculous for what it is, add a few options that you'd want and you're at £45k.
    The dealer never came back to me when I rang about being seriously interested (obviously weren't that bothered about a sale!)
    And it's more comfortable to be dragged with a rope around your neck behind the A45 than it is to drive it yourself.
    Danners78, Lmg and MatthewC like this.

  10. #2289
    Derbz's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    I looked at the M135i before I ordered the S3 too...

    Couple of things put me off it:

    1) The interior in my opinion is miles behind the S3, the S3 just has so much more class and refinement.
    2) Rear wheel drive - It's a non-starter for me, i know we don't get that much bad weather, but i need full use of the car all year round.

    ... And i know people tend to say it's a better driving car, or it has better feel through the wheel, but lets face it, if you're spending best part of 40K on a car, i for one am certainly not power sliding it around corners or taking it to a track anytime soon. - I want the car to be a good all round car, work in all weather, be comfy, but also have a little power for the few times a week you might be able to actually use it on the UK roads. - I think the S3 covers that better than the M135i
    I totally agree mate,he even said the interior on the S3 is much better looking, i would say build quality is around the same in both but the seats in the M135i are much more supportive than in the S3 but the demo i drove didnt have the supersports seats in though.

    the feel through the wheel is soooo much better on the BM and you do feel alot more connected with the road plus the noise the BM makes is on another level over the S3, i wouldnt own another BM though as i had an M3 CS and it got to the point where my missus wouldnt drive it much in the winter as she couldnt even get it on the drive after a light covereing of snow!

    As you say the S3 is a great alround package and it does look great, i currently have a B8 S4 which ive been very happy with hence why i want to stick with Audi and i cant fault the service either.

  11. #2290
    Derbz's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    77
    After driving the S3 and then straight after the M135i my summary is-

    M135i

    Pros- Sounds bloody awesome
    - Seats are great
    - steering feel is bang on
    - Its a hell of alot of car for the money

    Cons- it has a face only a mother could love
    -The cabin is bland as with all Bms IMO
    - rear wheel drive is a ***** in winter
    - BMW service is ****e.

    S3

    Pros- it looks great
    - interior is very very nice
    - all weather performance
    - Audi service is bang on (from my experience)

    Cons - Dull steering feel
    - seats should be more supportive (standard seats)
    - comfort pack should be standard!

    All IMO of course.

    i suppose the M135i will sound alot better then the S3 with the lump thats in it and to be fair for a 2ltr the S3 does sound good and i was impressed with the sound of it untill i opened up the BM BUT at the end of the day the BM will be more expensive to run aswell.

  12. #2291
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    With reference to the LED headlights - do you get auto high beam / variable beam etc like you can spec on the xenons?

    At the moment my spec includes the standard xenon but with the adaptive + variable + high beam assist (included with the lane assist I've specced) but I'm just wondering if I should change it to be LED headlights now, but don't want to loose all the other gadgets
    ive specced the led lights but high beam is extra

  13. #2292
    Lmg
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    And it's more comfortable to be dragged with a rope around your neck behind the A45 than it is to drive it yourself.
    And funny thing, in EVO's review of the car, they ended up saying that the M135i and the S3 might be less powerful, but both of them are more involving to drive than the A45.

    here's the quote:

    How does it compare?

    Its nearest foes are the rear-drive, 316bhp BMW M135i (priced from £30,570 though £32,700 as an eight-speed automatic equipped five-door to match the A45) and the all-wheel-drive, 296bhp Audi S3 quattro(£30,640 basic/£32,740 as a five-door auto). Both are less powerful than the mad Merc, with more focused M Division and RS3 versions likely in the future, yet they manage to be more involving too. The BMW especially, which alongside the Renault Megane 265, is one of the best hot hatchbacks on sale. At over ten grand cheaper than the A45 in basic trim, the excellent new mk7 VW Golf GTI is worth a look too.


    Lin to the article

  14. #2293
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    And funny thing, in EVO's review of the car, they ended up saying that the M135i and the S3 might be less powerful, but both of them are more involving to drive than the A45.

    here's the quote:



    Lin to the article

    That said, I'd buy the merc just for it's sound. It's knee-wobblingly nice! Just couldn't justify 40k for a better engine & less day-to-day driving enjoyment & options.

  15. #2294
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738


    Did somebody say they wanted to see an Estoril S3? Here's a bunch!
    Ecosphere, Lmg and garethld like this.

  16. #2295
    geefunk1978's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    That said, I'd buy the merc just for it's sound. It's knee-wobblingly nice! Just couldn't justify 40k for a better engine & less day-to-day driving enjoyment & options.
    Not even seen one in the metal as yet! Apparently they do sound good though, but £40K+ for a hot hatch is definitely too much. I'd buy a decent 911 instead.

    I'm in thinking of maybe getting Milltek to use my S3 to develop an exhaust, reckon that'll sound nice...

  17. #2296
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    76
    Audi S3 2013 - YouTube < nice video of an S3 being thrashed about on a track, exhaust sounds great.

  18. #2297
    Battlekrapz's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    404
    I'm a happy man... I'm picking up my baby next Tuesday.

    It'll have its winter sox on if i understood correctly. It'll be a slight shame to see it on ugly 17 inchers but since i'll be driving my kid to school and back, safe is best.

    I'm reading the "s3 running in" thread very carefully and must say i'm unsure which techique to use, give it the beans or take it easy... Oh well, a mixture of both should do it
    Last edited by Battlekrapz; 4th November 2013 at 17:03.

  19. #2298
    NotquiteWelsh's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Could you post up your views on the seats Welsh?
    IMO having gray/black interiors make the insides dark and dull, especially with dark rooflining.
    I also don't like full leather seats as I feel I'm moving about on the seat when cornering.
    The alcantara is a great finish and feels good, the seat colour and the decorative bits in the interior give a lighter larger feel.
    I feel secure in the seat, BUT I don't think the standard seats are as good a design as they could be, I feel like I am sinking down between the back and the squawb. The sports seats are better but they don't come in luna silver or any other light colour.
    I really like the way they look, but I wonder how they will look after a couple of years of use - but I have had them treated to resist stains and dirt - will be interested if that makes any difference at all.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

  20. #2299
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    Changing the subject, I've asked Audi customer services today if the LED headlight option includes variable range control if you order high beam assist - they're checking with the techs and letting me know. I expect it does as the A6 does (Audi A6 LED Headlights) and this photo LED Photo by cuke2u | Photobucket shows a range control power module (ref 1) and this (2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet First Look - Motor Trend Magazine) article states (it's a copy of an audi press release) that the newnA3 Cabriolet offers optional full-LED headlights, with segment-exclusive variable headlight leveling control.

    So - lets hope it does as if so, I'm adding to my order!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  21. #2300
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    29
    Called Audi today to get my free 7 day insurance cover in place for Friday. They offered me a quote to insure me for the year which was over £700. Called Tesco insurance and got fully comp, protected no claims, business use and her indoors on the policy too for under £300!!!!
    Roll on Friday
    oh forgot to say, im 40 with 9years no claims

  22. #2301
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    115

    My Social Networking

    Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Fantastic!! Lucky you. Roll on Friday and enjoy!
    Remember the photos :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by T3ryp View Post
    Called Audi today to get my free 7 day insurance cover in place for Friday. They offered me a quote to insure me for the year which was over £700. Called Tesco insurance and got fully comp, protected no claims, business use and her indoors on the policy too for under £300!!!!
    Roll on Friday
    oh forgot to say, im 40 with 9years no claims

  23. #2302
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Perthshire
    Posts
    28

    1st post and S3 days away - Perthshire

    Hi All,

    I have been reading all the posts with great interest as well as the recent very smart pics of all the S3's that have been collected. I collect my S3 SB this weekend. Estoril Blue ( another I know ) and went for Silver Nappa ( no kids so hoping it will keep well ) I can post pics at the weekend if any interest.

    Cheers

  24. #2303
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky142 View Post
    Hi All,

    I have been reading all the posts with great interest as well as the recent very smart pics of all the S3's that have been collected. I collect my S3 SB this weekend. Estoril Blue ( another I know ) and went for Silver Nappa ( no kids so hoping it will keep well ) I can post pics at the weekend if any interest.

    Cheers
    We're always interested in pics! ALWAYS.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  25. #2304
    c.grex's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ribble Valley, Lancashire
    Posts
    140
    How long has it taken people to get a confirmed build week after they have ordered? (On a sportsback)
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

  26. #2305
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    How long has it taken people to get a confirmed build week after they have ordered? (On a sportsback)
    Got mine next day. I ordered on a sunday and got my build week number on the Monday, mid morning.
    c.grex likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  27. #2306
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    It has the auto option which will select the right beam for the lighting condition, and you can also manually select them too.

    I don't have lane assist.

    I will try nip out later and take a snap of the lights on a country lane, but if i end up in a ditch because of it - i'm holding you all responsible....:-)
    Also I think the lights adjust to the conditions eg fog or snow and if you go abroad and you have techy audi connect itll adjust the lights for driving on the other side of the road when abroad, apparently

    I kept being indecisive about them as I initially they were just a nice to have to not necessary but then I though so it just add them. im glad I ordered them now though I haven't got the car yet, but they sound good.

  28. #2307
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    The S3 looks so good on the road & that colour is beautiful... There's so much going on!
    nice, good idea hiding the number plate, suggest everyone does this - some sad loser muppets could be looking

  29. #2308
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    And this...

    I was shocked at the difference between the pics and what my eye was seeing, need a proper camera...


    even with the rubbish phone (trust me iphones are dressed up dogs dinner, iphone 5s is finally closer to a decent spec but still and iphone) you can tell the lights look good with a huge spread distance wise

  30. #2309
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    With reference to the LED headlights - do you get auto high beam / variable beam etc like you can spec on the xenons?

    At the moment my spec includes the standard xenon but with the adaptive + variable + high beam assist (included with the lane assist I've specced) but I'm just wondering if I should change it to be LED headlights now, but don't want to loose all the other gadgets
    you have to specify the high beam assist - well I did as it was still an option despite selecting led lights - oddly I selected the comfort pack and led lights and BOTH come with the rain/light sensor - eh?? and I am being double charged

  31. #2310
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    I'm thinking about the black pack and an alloy wheel change to this :

    Attachment 22802
    I don't like it as it too black then, but if you are going to do it, then id change the wing mirror colour to black as well as this one looks odd

  32. #2311
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    Panasonic lumix gx7 with a combination of lumix lenses. Just make sure your ISO is set to the lowest number and keep the camera steady - you'll be fine. I shoot on aperture priority mode and keep it around f9.
    nice camera, did you or do you have a dslr by any chance too

    I bought a sony nex3 about 2 years ago mega cheap £180 with an sd card (I bought 2 others wich I sold at £375 each,lol) takes great pics but alas lacks a viewfinder so Ill probably upgrade to the nex6 or 7. I have a canon dslr which takes better pics with the expensive pro lens but it too bulky and I rarely use it

  33. #2312
    Johnnyb's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    even with the rubbish phone (trust me iphones are dressed up dogs dinner, iphone 5s is finally closer to a decent spec but still and iphone) you can tell the lights look good with a huge spread distance wise
    Agreed, i have had an iphone 5s on order for 2 months!! Apparently coming on 21st November and looking forward to using the camera, gonna take some better pics of the S3 and LED's when i get it...

  34. #2313
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by davejinx View Post
    I enquired not long after getting my second-hand A3 a few years back and it was something like £1000 I think. They have to take down the whole roof liner and screw through, so it's quite a big job.
    wow, audi certainly know how to print money

  35. #2314
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    I've got two questions....
    1) is there any way of fitting a tow bar to the new S3 (need it to tow my jet ski)
    2) has anyone thought about the Servicing and Maintenance plans that are on offer? Servicing at £399 fpr 3 years seems ok. But when you work out the servicing and maintenance package over the 3 years (£34pm x 36 months = £1224) it seems v expensive.

    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    pretty sure I saw it listed in the accessories but not sure why the tow bar would go though

  36. #2315
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Derbz View Post
    Some cracking looking cars on here Lads, i managed to take an S3 SB demo out for 3 hours yesterday and was very impressed with the whole package,although i jumped straight into my mates new M135i after and it kind of made the S3 feel tame! BUT the look of the BM is just nasty from the front.

    Im still waiting for the saloon to come out before i make my mind up though..
    I was waiting for the saloon but saw a standard a3 saloon and rear headroom and rear space killed it for me and I suspect the s3 will be worse. nice looking saloon though - I went for the s3 sportback in the end

  37. #2316
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I had read somewhere that the S3 can't have a towbar (not the Audi one) for some reason (perhaps it was quattros that couldnt' have them), but there are probably third party ones you can fit. Bear in mind that you'll have to inform your insurance company of the modification and they may up the premium if it wasn't done by the manufacturer.
    yep and the m135i is MEGA ugly from EVERY angle - even a 2vc, any Austin or lada looks nice

    I liked the merc a45 but alas almost £50K with a small number of options is mad, plus its cramped and auto only

  38. #2317
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by T3ryp View Post
    Called Audi today to get my free 7 day insurance cover in place for Friday. They offered me a quote to insure me for the year which was over £700. Called Tesco insurance and got fully comp, protected no claims, business use and her indoors on the policy too for under £300!!!!
    Roll on Friday
    oh forgot to say, im 40 with 9years no claims
    im 46 with 3 points but with over 20 years protected ncd and cover for the missus for an audi s3 worth almost £39K is about £270

    laughably my 11 year old pug xsi which is probably worth naff all is £325 and my 15 year old Ford fiesta is £250

    these insurance companies just make it up

  39. #2318
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,192
    protected no claims is a waste of money. They'll only add the cost on to your premium instead.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  40. #2319
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    And funny thing, in EVO's review of the car, they ended up saying that the M135i and the S3 might be less powerful, but both of them are more involving to drive than the A45.

    here's the quote:



    Lin to the article
    They always fail to mention that the bmw is mega ugly and is not as well specced as the audi s3, plus im not an a**** so Im not allowed in any bmw showroom. because it was so ugly I didn't even consider it. I did consider the merc but after seeing the price I didn't even bother test driving it. I did configure it and if I did buy one I would have to have the BTCC type rear spoiler - then again at 46 id look daft driving that!!

  41. #2320
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    protected no claims is a waste of money. They'll only add the cost on to your premium instead.
    its not a waste!!

    it doesn't add that much cost for, sure for younger people it will but ive always had that's why ive got 20+years ncd to cover me against liars (always Indian or Pakistani) - I now drive with a brilliant blackview 500 hd camera so the next liar wont get away with it

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Popping the hood of the 2013 Audi S6
    By stuffedbackseat in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C7 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 21:22
  2. 2013 Audi A3 5d Sportback
    By trev0006 in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 21:56
  3. 2013 Audi A3 2.0T 6spd MT FWD....sline or not??
    By burbank2broward in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th September 2012, 21:05
  4. 2013 Audi R8 development
    By trev0006 in forum R8 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th September 2012, 20:06
  5. Leaked Official 2013 Audi A3 Photos
    By ABYSS in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 28th March 2012, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO