Badger5EM Tuning
Page 57 of 156 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,280 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    I've ordered a 3-door S3 estoril blue a couple of weeks ago, build week 51.

Everyone on here seems to have gone for the sportback, are your choices based on pure practical reasons? (i.e. extra doors/space)
    or do people think it looks better?

Really undecided if to change my order or not i've come on here.
    I've gone 3 door, but I'm 23, no kids and my work doesn't require me to have any storage space. I went for 3 door as it fits my desired image a bit more than the 5.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Are those the titanium matt alloy wheels or the standard 10 spoke
    titanium Matt my selection.

4th Gear

Status

Everyone on here seems to have gone for the sportback, are your choices based on pure practical reasons? (i.e. extra doors/space)

It's both for me, and the fact you have the option to add roof rails...

The 3 door looks great too, but i think the sportback almost looks like a mini RS4 Avant flying past...

Since having 5 doors i don't think i will ever go back to 3...

Just go with what looks best to you...
    Louay and the_lecht_rocks like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    I've ordered a 3 door... Just my opinion but I think the 5 door looks like a small estate

Neutral

Status

I've gone SB for practicality reasons. 2 kids etc. although given the choice I still think the SB looks better especially with rails.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    I've ordered a 3 door... Just my opinion but I think the 5 door looks like a small estate
    thats what I like about it!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    i've traded up from the scirocco R which i bought two years ago. at the time i test drove the s3 3 door and the scirocco and the VW was so much more exciting. the practicalities of 5 doors vs 3 is why i've chosen the SB. i got fed up of having long heavy doors, being quite tall they can be a bit of a pain.

Neutral

Status
    i also think the avant/sportback styling gives a sense of sports utility which i like rather than just a normal hot hatch

4th Gear

Status
    Sportback all the way, I'm too lazy and getting too old to get out and lift the seat for passengers.
    As above classier with practicality goes far in this day and age
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    SB got a bigger boot to keep more junk in to
    RobbieWebs likes this.
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

2nd Gear

Status
    Hatch here... Makes way between steering wheel and door pillar for my fat ar*e.... Sod the people who have to go in the back

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    Here we are...
    S3 Sportback 8V
    Registered Nov'13
    Panther Black crystal effect
    C0Z wheels
    Nappa seats
    Nav
    Cruise Control
    Comfort Pack
    Interior lighting pack
    Panoramic roof
    Parking sensors front and rear
    Privacy glass

ACTUALLY lost for words on those pics Gareth. May i ask what camera you used? I just bought a Sony DSCH200 and i am interested to see if my camera will be able to achieve similar pics to yours....probably not!
    garethld likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    ACTUALLY lost for words on those pics Gareth. May i ask what camera you used? I just bought a Sony DSCH200 and i am interested to see if my camera will be able to achieve similar pics to yours....probably not!
    Panasonic lumix gx7 with a combination of lumix lenses. Just make sure your ISO is set to the lowest number and keep the camera steady - you'll be fine. I shoot on aperture priority mode and keep it around f9.

4th Gear

Status
    If you're interested - i used a refurbished iphone 4, lens covered in dust and beer stains, pissing down rain, hands shaking from a post bonfire party hangover, with thumb covering most of the lens...

Definitely achieveable if you follow my tips...

Good luck
    Louay, Silky-S3, c.grex and 3 others like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Panasonic lumix gx7 with a combination of lumix lenses. Just make sure your ISO is set to the lowest number and keep the camera steady - you'll be fine. I shoot on aperture priority mode and keep it around f9.
    Holy shizzle! You have a camera i have a Fisher price toy. 'Aperture priority mode and keep it around f9' Erm what does that mean?

Neutral

Status
    Here we are...
    S3 Sportback 8V
    Registered Nov'13
    Panther Black crystal effect
    C0Z wheels
    Nappa seats
    Nav
    Cruise Control
    Comfort Pack
    Interior lighting pack
    Panoramic roof
    Parking sensors front and rear
    Privacy glass

I'm at the stage in the waiting game where I literally hate you right now.

If I had've seen this combo before I ordered I definitely would've copied. That colour with those wheels...amazing.
    paullowther and garethld like this.

Reverse Gear

Status

Hi Matthew
    Went with Sportback myself because i do prefer the look, im 40 and i feel my hot hatch days are sadly gone, 3dr is a defo hot hatch. Practicality is also a plus with the sportback because the other half is in favour (shopping and stuff i spose).

They are both great cars, it personal choice/preference and requirements.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

1st Gear

Status

i think its it's just down to personal choice. A lot of people have gone for the SB, but there are still a few 3 door ones too.
    It's like the S Tronic vs Manual. I drove the manual, and wouldn't even dream of living with it, the gears where so short for the speed. But some people say they hate Autos! Again it's just choice.
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    i think its it's just down to personal choice. A lot of people have gone for the SB, but there are still a few 3 door ones too.
    It's like the S Tronic vs Manual. I drove the manual, and wouldn't even dream of living with it, the gears where so short for the speed. But some people say they hate Autos! Again it's just choice.
    Very true about personal choice... There is no right or wrong here it depends on your circumstances, lifestyle & taste. I just liked the hot hatch appeal of the 3 door & I don't need the extra doors so I figured I'd save myself a couple hundred quid or whatever it is.

I can definitely see the estatey look people talk about with the 5 door, which wasn't for me. Not that I don't like estates... I'm trying to persuade my old man to get an RS6 over the new range rover sport but it doesn't suit somebody my age in my view.

Practicality never came into my buying choice... Which is why I've also gone for a lunar silver interior!
    Johnnyb likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    Just a couple more pics for you:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

5th Gear

Status
    WOW - loving the look. Don't get to see many brilliant red photos and yours looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    Just a couple more pics for you:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Good to see a sportback without roof rails too, they are definitely the minority, but imo looks sleeker.
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

4th Gear

Status
    Could you post up your views on the seats Welsh?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    Good to see a sportback without roof rails too, they are definitely the minority, but imo looks sleeker.
    absolutely - haven't ordered rails on mine either
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

4th Gear

Status
    Could you post up your views on the seats Welsh?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quick question to those who have taken delivery... Is there a foot rest on the right side for your accellerator foot? I had a little rest there on my 2011 VW Golf R and loved it when on long drives.

Cheers lads! Can't wait to get mine in Aus In Feb/March

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds44 View Post
    Quick question to those who have taken delivery... Is there a foot rest on the right side for your accellerator foot? I had a little rest there on my 2011 VW Golf R and loved it when on long drives.

Just push your foot all the way down on the loud pedal and rest lol

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    absolutely - haven't ordered rails on mine either
    Thinking of deleting the roof rails from my order.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds44 View Post

Just checked and no, I'm afraid not, there's no little foot-rest to the right of the accelerator pedal.

David
    Estoril Blue Audi S3 8V Sportback, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Aluminium roof rails

Neutral

Status
    For me, they're a must-have on the Sportback, especially if you've ordered a dark colour, as I think the aluminium breaks it up a bit.

Also, if you like the mini-S4 Avant thing a few have mentioned, you need the rails...

I had an A3 Sportback (black) without the rails for the past few years, and always thought it looked kinda naked without them.
    Johnnyb, Louay, c.grex and 1 others like this.
    Estoril Blue Audi S3 8V Sportback, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Aluminium roof rails

Neutral

Status
    What does everyone think to painting the calipers?

Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    I'm thinking about the black pack and an alloy wheel change to this :

Attachment 22802

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davejinx View Post
    For me, they're a must-have on the Sportback, especially if you've ordered a dark colour, as I think the aluminium breaks it up a bit.

Also, if you like the mini-S4 Avant thing a few have mentioned, you need the rails...

I had an A3 Sportback (black) without the rails for the past few years, and always thought it looked kinda naked without them.
    Your not wrong, really torn on this one, I wonder how much they are as a retro fit?

4th Gear

Status
    I love it. Really makes the car look sporty. I do like the understated nature of the S3 but I also like the little hints towards the performance of the car and I think these help that.
    MatthewC likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davejinx View Post

I agree, personal taste of course but the rails really add to the look. I also need them for carting mountain bikes around so its a no brainer.

Neutral

Status
    Your not wrong, really torn on this one, I wonder how much they are as a retro fit?
    I enquired not long after getting my second-hand A3 a few years back and it was something like £1000 I think. They have to take down the whole roof liner and screw through, so it's quite a big job.

4th Gear

Status
    It's something I have been thinking about, can anyone recommend a place that would do it? would Audi's bodyshop department do it?

Cheers

3rd Gear

Status
    it's the only reason i'm buying te S3 SB !
    Louay likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    I don't like the rails either (and you don't need them to fit roof bars for carrying bikes etc, much as Audi would like you to think this), makes it look too much like an estate to me.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    I've gone 3 door as I think a hot hatch looks better with 3 doors, just my opinion. Also don't really need 5 doors as my missus has got an X5 so we mainly use that for carting the little one about! I can't decide if I like the sportback as it can't decide whether it wants to be a mini estate or not! I guess a lot of people like that look though as there seems to be a majority of people getting the sportback.