Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Page 54 of 156 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104154 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,160 of 6213
Like Tree3378Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    12 hours from now and i'll be cruising in the panther!
    GO ENJOY
    garethld likes this.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Toadoftoadhall, Lmg and Itguy like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    We need more !

1st Gear

Status
    I agree with everything that Johnnyb said. The 8v s3 is a massive step forward from the 8p

Picked up mine this morning and can't stop smiling.

Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

3rd Gear

Status
    What's your thoughts on the colour Gareth ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Splat, more pics please , and you Gareth !

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Agreed and put the spec on the S3 Register Gareth... Phantom???

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Agreed and put the spec on the S3 Register Gareth... Phantom???
    He's gone panther black which is why me and lecht are demanding pictures!

The poor bloke is off to watch rugby now. I'd have cancelled the game and just gone for a drive around!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    I agree with everything that Johnnyb said. The 8v s3 is a massive step forward from the 8p

Looks stunning mate!!

i'm finally gonna get round to washing mine tomorrow and will upload some pics..

ENJOY!

4th Gear

Status

60 to 100 acceleration (mph)
    Lmg likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Are the above wheels the standard S3 wheels? most of the demo cars on the Audi website have the other wheels on?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    Are the above wheels the standard S3 wheels? most of the demo cars on the Audi website have the other wheels on?
    Yes these are the standard S3 alloys. A lot of the demo cars have the optional, but still free, S Line alloys fitted.

1st Gear

Status
    Does anybody know whether the S3 has a cam belt or whether it's a chain? If it's a belt, any idea on service interval? For that matter, does anyone have the service schedule? i.e. what items are extra on top of a minor/major service

1st Gear

Status
    Will do when it is clean again.
    It's a bit grubby at the moment as the roads are grim here - sugar beet harvest.
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

3rd Gear

Status
    Will do when it is clean again.
    It's a bit grubby at the moment as the roads are grim here - sugar beet harvest.
    no, let's see it muckitt please ! Will help understand the colour better in real conditions, thanks !
    also, have you LED lights ?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    more pics needed!! What colour is it? Brilliant Black?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    more pics needed!! What colour is it? Brilliant Black?
    panther black !

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
    Does anybody know whether the S3 has a cam belt or whether it's a chain? If it's a belt, any idea on service interval? For that matter, does anyone have the service schedule? i.e. what items are extra on top of a minor/major service
    The EA888 engine in the new S3 uses a chain, different from the old engine (EA113) which used a belt.

5th Gear

Status
    nice... need more pics
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Long time lurker, first post. Just ordered my S3 SB this morning, went with config code ACKFZ43F in the end. I love my toys so the spec includes: DSG box, Estoril Blue, Advanced Key, sunroof tech pack+, drivers assistance pack, interior lights, B&O, folding heated dimming mirrors, reversing camera, tyre pressure monitoring, through load system. With a 5 yr warranty we're looking at a £40k motor, the first time I've ordered a car new. One thing I'm struggling with though is the choice of interior. My last car was an A5 with black nappa leather and ally inlays. This time I've flipped it round and gone with lunar silver and black inlays. Has anyone laid eyes on this combination in the flesh?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    Long time lurker, first post. Just ordered my S3 SB this morning, went with config code ACKFZ43F in the end. I love my toys so the spec includes: DSG box, Estoril Blue, Advanced Key, sunroof tech pack+, drivers assistance pack, interior lights, B&O, folding heated dimming mirrors, reversing camera, tyre pressure monitoring, through load system. With a 5 yr warranty we're looking at a £40k motor, the first time I've ordered a car new. One thing I'm struggling with though is the choice of interior. My last car was an A5 with black nappa leather and ally inlays. This time I've flipped it round and gone with lunar silver and black inlays. Has anyone laid eyes on this combination in the flesh?
    i think the lunar leather would look fantastic against estoril, but for me, it was just a touch too bling......

4th Gear

Status
    Congrats mate. Now the wait...

I've ordered lunar silver with the black inlays also. My car goes into production this week so I'll get some pictures up as soon as I pick her up.

These are the black inlays

This is lunar silver (alcantara)

Lunar silver with Estoril (not that you can see much of the interior but it's the best pic I have)
    the_lecht_rocks and Lmg like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Wow! Thanks for the quick replies, those pics do look nice, did you spec the Nappa or Alcantara? I'm sticking with Nappa because I imagine that it's easier to clean (Kids!). I'm sure that I also read somewhere that the Alcantara picks up the dye from jeans etc. Not sure if either of those preconceptions are true so would be interested to hear of other folks experiences.

Got out to wait until Monday for a firm build week, but you're right about the wait Paul. It's killing me already!
    Last edited by Leeber; 2nd November 2013 at 17:48.

1st Gear

Status
    i think the lunar leather would look fantastic against estoril, but for me, it was just a touch too bling......
    I understand, normally my tastes are a little more discrete too. However before I bought the A5 I took an S5 out for a test drive which had a cream leather interior. If someone had described it to me I would have probably thought that it sounded a bit chavvy, so I was surprised by how much I liked it in reality. I then bought a black A5 3.0 TDi with a black leather interior and drove it for two years. Loved the car but found the interior a little boring after a while.

So now here I am, at the age of 43 buying my first hot hatchback with an exhaust that farts in between gear changes. Clearly I am in the midst of a mid-life crisis so I figure that I can afford to let my sense of good taste take a back seat for a while.

4th Gear

Status
    Speaking of the exhaust farts...

I had the S-Tronic in manual mode earlier and upshifted into 3rd past a group of people who all jumped and looked around...

Felt better than an actual fart...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post

I had the S-Tronic in manual mode earlier and upshifted into 3rd past a group of people who all jumped and looked around...

ha, ah, get the pics up min !
    Johnnyb likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post

We could make this into a game?

We've moved on from splashing people by driving through puddles to making them jump at the sound of our farts.
    Johnnyb and Splathead like this.

1st Gear

Status

Looking superb
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

1st Gear

Status
    I understand, normally my tastes are a little more discrete too. However before I bought the A5 I took an S5 out for a test drive which had a cream leather interior. If someone had described it to me I would have probably thought that it sounded a bit chavvy, so I was surprised by how much I liked it in reality. I then bought a black A5 3.0 TDi with a black leather interior and drove it for two years. Loved the car but found the interior a little boring after a while.

So now here I am, at the age of 43 buying my first hot hatchback with an exhaust that farts in between gear changes. Clearly I am in the midst of a mid-life crisis so I figure that I can afford to let my sense of good taste take a back seat for a while.

I had a mid life crisis when i was 40. I bought a 22 year old Mini and took it to the Nurburgring with a convoy of 50 other Minis.

Status
    I'd prefer the mid life crisis of driving a sporty car around a circuit any day rather than hanging around with older men on motorbikes,drinking orange juice in country pubs whilst wearing leather

3rd Gear

Status

don't worry ill be 46 when I pick mine up. Im beginning to think but what the hell you only live once and why should I buy a dull car like a family car or mpv (well ok I have a merc a class and ford fiesta)?

Thing is its quite a pussy cat when driving normally. a lot of hot hatches aren't like that. I should ive had a few - xr2 (oh dear, but only for a week as it was s**t), golf gti mk2, Peugeot 205 1.9gti, Peugeot 307xsi (well, lardy luke warm hatch is more appropriate). I was about to look at sensible cars, but gave up. you cant get a square in a round hole so im going with another hot hatch, sorry audi sportback

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    I had a mid life crisis when i was 40. I bought a 22 year old Mini and took it to the Nurburgring with a convoy of 50 other Minis.
    no, that's just sad

just kidding!

5th Gear

Status
    i'm 34 so (and has been my motto for the last 10 years), I'm having the cars I fancy now so that when I'm older and have a midlife crisis I can say that I am reliving my youth!

I too have always been a sucker for something with a bit of poke. Not going to list my car history as I don't want to start a pi**ing contest but the S3 will be a return to form for me, lets say that.

3rd Gear

Status
    My car is in transit at the moment.
    Just paid a deposit on its stable mate too.

1st Gear

Status
    I have noticed that there are a lot of you that have picked up your S3's, we need a meeting where we can all get together.

3rd Gear

Status
    What happened to garethld and the promised visuals ?

4th Gear

Status
    What happened to garethld and the promised visuals ?
    Yeah GARETH! What happened!
    the_lecht_rocks and garethld like this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Maybe he's stuffed it into a hedgerow..........

Neutral

Status

2013 Audi S3

Just taken loads of lovely pics of the panther and lost my house key in the process. I love this car. Will post up this evening with full spec

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Yeah GARETH! What happened!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383479780.098801.jpgnice to have a sunroof that actually opens for a change