2013 Audi S3

I was told my s3 was put on the truck this morning, it has left the factory a couple of hours ago :). I'm so excited, i should be driving it in a week or so.

I'll make sure to take pix of it when i do get it.

Does your dealer update you without you having to ask or do you contact him regularly to see the status of your order?

LOL, this is what floats my boat:

maxresdefault.jpg

1043990_10151671445519583_1751784797_n_zps098ab5f9.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2013-09-08-audi-forum-munich-97.jpg

2013-09-08-audi-forum-munich-116.jpg

300714_283807681751209_1273057000_n.jpg

Oh my god - the paint looks AMAZING !!!!

Having had a PANTHER BLACK car for the last 3 years I can confirm that it is just black all said and done and if I was re-ordering I would 100% order the regular black at zero extra cost ... as for 99% of the time, you do not see the fleck so it just looks like a solid black - but I now feel that the solid blacks are deeper and richer in colour so they look more blacker - just my view of course but this is speaking from experience.

Estoril on the other hand, looks stunning in both dull and light conditions - such a rich deep lustre and amazing expensive classy sport looking colour that really suits the S cars .. and of course is exclusive to the S cars.

Truly stunning pics thank you.

Reactions: Silky-S3
He's giving me updates without me asking, i guess he liked me when i bought the car, lol. I didn't push him down on the price too much and it was quite a fun experience for both of us (a lot of laughing lol).

Fellas

Gonna have to hold off on the pics for the next day or two until I can get it properly cleaned, had to nip somewhere for work early this morning and the roads have been greasy..

The car just gets better and better..

All of you waiting for your S3's are in for a treat..

Reactions: Louay, paullowther, Silky-S3 and 2 others
Does anyone know if the stitching on the door/round gear stick is also lunar silver like the seats? also, does the mono.pur pack delete the silver? I'm still struggling to figure out what you're getting with mono.pur??

Does anyone know if the stitching on the door/round gear stick is also lunar silver like the seats? also, does the mono.pur pack delete the silver? I'm still struggling to figure out what you're getting with mono.pur??

So you want to know the colour of the stitching on a lunar silver interior? Am I right in thinking that?

Sorry that was a confusing question wasn't it... the seats are black with silver stitching... the question was - is the stitching on the doors and round gear stick also silver?
So you want to know the colour of the stitching on a lunar silver interior? Am I right in thinking that?

my understanding is that without mono.pur the steering wheel and gear lever have the silver stitching. The doors and centre console don't have any covering or stitching.

with mono.pur you get covered centre console and door handles/arms rests with stitching in silver.

I just know that I've seen cars with and without mono.pur and the mono.pur was a no-brainer YES for me - will make it really nice inside.

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall, the_lecht_rocks and paullowther
Loving all the discussions - thanks everyone.

It may be because I've ordered my new S3 in Phantom black with black styling kit that I've noticed a lot of you are fairly negative about the car in black... would be interested to see some photos if any of you camera geeks can reproduce (HDR etc lol) a good shot to show off the lines in black? my current A3 (2.0TFSi S-Line) is in black and I think it looks fab so the new car hopefully will look even hotter!
So this is my spec...

S3 3-door
S-tronic
Phantom black
Black styling pack
Privacy Glass
Titanium matt alloys
Pano sunroof
Technology pack
Comfort pack with parking system plus and park assist
Xenon plus with adaptive lights
Advanced key
Heated adjustable folding door mirrors
Non smoking pack
B&O sounds
Tyre pressure monitor

Have I missed anything?? (apart from the drugs to go in my drug dealer looking car lol)

Provisional build week - 4
Delivery 1st March (fingers crossed)

As many have pointed out, keep the smokers pack as it means you get to keep the cup in the front.

I'm picking mine up on Saturday morning. My dealer tells me it's there and looking lovely in panther black. 2 more sleeps.

Reactions: Lmg, the_lecht_rocks and paullowther

If this is any help, this is what the std lunar silver looks like:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reactions: Lmg
Oh no, I hadn't thought about working out how many days to go... 128 for me, assuming 8th Mar delivery from a week 7 build date. I'm trying to think of what to do other than think about the new car to pass the time in the build up.

Get fit, loose weight etc etc.

Get fit, loose weight....MAD! that is exactly what i am doing, i vowed to myself and fiancee that i would look and feel the part for delivery 1st March, maybe a slight justification to my fiancee for spending some of OUR capital, but more importantly that i am doing it for myself.

Sticking to a diet by Dr Charles Clark, a book given to me by mum. A little old but with a very effective strategy that allows a minimal amount of carbs during the weight loss phase.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-New-High-Protein-Diet/dp/0091884268

Beer is kept to an absolute minimum and 3/4 gym sessions a week have helped me transform my looks and direction. New wardrobe for new body and new car come 1st March, with photos of both a thin me and new S3 on the fridge as a constant reminder of my goal.

Reactions: Lmg, Johnnyb and paullowther
Good effort - that's really going to spur me on too now then.

I'm starting from a different place as i'm usually a regular gym goer and typically have my weight well under control, but this year has seen a load of dodgy health issues for me which have resulted in a lot of prednisolone steroid use and lots of midriff fat accumulation. Thankfully I'm on a reducing dose now so can start really tackling it.

Got to get from 13st10 to between 12st and 12st7 by march - should be ok.

Yes comrades!!

I picked up my new S3 SB this evening, my last car was the 8P S3 SB

3 words that can only describe this new car and difference from the 8P...............OH. MY. GOD.

It was pitch black when i picked it up, so i will try get some pics tomorrow at work as it was only drizzling tonight.

First off here is my spec...

S3 SB
S-Tronic
Glacier White
Panoramic sunroof
Black roof rails
Privacy Glass
LED lights
Super sport seats
B&O sound system
Interior light pack
Advanced key
Sat Nav
Folding mirrors
Acoustic rear parking sensors

It was start stop traffic the whole way home but i took it out for 30 mins tonight when the roads were quieter...

The handover was quick and efficient, when i arrived the car was in the showroom under a brand new sheet which was promptly pulled off, to which all the staff ran over to look at the super sport seats as they have not seen them yet. This was Leeds Audi and i can't recommend them enough, ordered my car 9th August took deliver 30th October and was originally quoted first week of December. Salesman - Jonathon....top bloke..

The drive

The very first thing i noticed was the MASSIVE improvement in steering feel, much more responsive and turns in alot quicker, and then as i increased the revs the very apparent and beautiful boomy exhaust note. I won't be taking it over 4k revs but i can tell you the car feels like a powerful diesel in low revs - very very torque-y.

The ride is magnificent, absorbs every bump in the road, feels VERY comfortable but stiff and planted at the same time, again another big improvement from an already brilliantly riding 8P.

Cabin and driving position - out of this world.

Super sport seats - gorgeous to look at and without a doubt the most comfortable racing / bucket type seats i have ever sat in, i was actually shocked by this because the 8P bucket seats look amazing but are very rigid to sit in, the new ones are alot more springy and cushioning, SO glad i spec'd these things.

Interior light pack - alot more subtle than in the pics, and well worth the money, makes the b&o speakers and cabin an even more beautiful place to be, just very classy.

S-Tronic - The first ever automatic i have owned, i'm ridculously impressed by this transmission even though i haven't opened the taps. Gear changes are smooth and lighting fast, even heard a little "boom" on a few upshifts, actually took me by surprise.

LED Lights - i know this is a big one for alot of people on here - first of all your money has been very well spent. I live in an area that requires alot of dark country lanes to get to, had the full beam on tonight and the best description i have read is the daylight comparison, they are extremely bright, they light up the tarmac and trees so much it's hard to keep focus on the road ahead as you tend to start to admire the tone and sheer clarification of them, they are definitely very different to standard xenons.

Given my short time in the car there is not much else to say at this point, it looks stunning, the pano roof, black rails and privacy glass blend in very well with the glacier white and titanium alloys, without being biased it is the sportiest S3 i have seen so far.

Any questions just feel free to ask.

Cheers!

how did you find the lateral support in the S/sport seats? I too had the buckets in my 8P3 and they did offer excellent support, however, the driver bolster was beginning to wrinkle after a month of driving. Hoping that the new s/s seats will offer similar support without the premature wrinkling of the bolster areas? Your thoughts?

We'll fat or fit, ugly or beautiful, smart or thick... Who cares?! I for one don't care and will be enjoying my s3.

looking forward to some pics but sad you went blacked out as i think the chrome looks stunning against both krystalleffekt colours :)

I'm not blacked out. Got privacy glass and pano roof but the rest is chrome/Alu as normal

Sorry that was a confusing question wasn't it... the seats are black with silver stitching... the question was - is the stitching on the doors and round gear stick also silver?

This might help. Both have mono.pur finishes & are an example of the contrast stitching colours. Unfortunately I can't find a detailed closeup of the lunar silver interior stitching as it's still quite rare to find that option.

Does anybody know if the black styling package has a gloss finish like our German counterparts enjoy or whether we in sunny England receive a matte finish? Below is glossy (german) but my neighbour has a has matte styling accents on her 13 plate S4...

Reactions: outlaw7, the_lecht_rocks and Lmg
In which case, you should be taking out a PCH (Personal Contract Hire), not PCP (Personal Contract Purchase). The problem (in both cases) is primarily the residual value of the extras are 0, so you will effectively get charged them in the deal which makes the deal less attractive.

I have a PCH Skoda Superb. It's very cheap for what it is as it is exceptionally well spec'd. from the factory (think £3k+ of extras on an S3) and they probably had a number they wanted to shift (I haven't seen the same deal when I've been looking recently). I didn't have the money in the bank and PCH was WAY cheaper than me entering into any form of finance deal for it (like about £5k over the 3 years I have it compared to the PCP deal I was offered on the same car). It works because the car is cheap, and has a relatively high residual value and I didn't have the money available.

Let's say you have £30k in the bank and wanting to buy a car. Unless you are intending to invest the money somewhere which will give you a guaranteed return higher than inflation AND have the money spare in your cashflow to pay the monthly repayments, it is still overall cheaper to buy the car outright as the finance will be worked out to pay for any depreciation and a profit for the person providing the finance.

People should be very clear about this: any form of financing - the financier will NOT be losing money. The person paying the financiers profit is the person paying the premiums - i.e. you.

That's not strictly true as you assume that you cant get more via an investment. I am paying for my car on pcp with a deposit and used some of the money I would have used for the car on a deposit on a new buy to let apartment instead that has increased in value by at least £10K already, my finance is £4.5K. Sure, the increase on the apartment is paper money but you don't get anywhere in life without a gamble, no matter how small or large the gamble is. then again id never encourage people to finance a car, its a matter of personal choice. Neither way is necessarily better.

The rest of the money ill invest in something else.

I am wih ya. What ever the spec..... it will be a cracker of a car. I never wished for Christmas to come sooner since I was 10 yrs old! :)

Just got an email from my dealer to say that my car was built on the 17th October and is waiting to receive a tracking number. Wonder how long it takes to sail from Bremen to Australia...the answer is probably 'too long'. NOW I'm starting to get excited!

Reactions: voorhees and the_lecht_rocks
That's not strictly true as you assume that you cant get more via an investment. I am paying for my car on pcp with a deposit and used some of the money I would have used for the car on a deposit on a new buy to let apartment instead that has increased in value by at least £10K already, my finance is £4.5K.

But I said:

Let's say you have £30k in the bank and wanting to buy a car. Unless you are intending to invest the money somewhere which will give you a guaranteed return higher than inflation AND have the money spare in your cashflow to pay the monthly repayments, it is still overall cheaper to buy the car outright as the finance will be worked out to pay for any depreciation and a profit for the person providing the finance.

You have found a way to invest which beats inflation - so you are better doing that. In your case, it is better to use the money elsewhere - no question of that.

My point was though, I reckon the overall cost to you would be lower if you were on PCH rather than PCP (it was a lot cheaper for me with the Skoda). It's just as a nation, we seem to want to own something rather than rent it.

how did you find the lateral support in the S/sport seats? I too had the buckets in my 8P3 and they did offer excellent support, however, the driver bolster was beginning to wrinkle after a month of driving. Hoping that the new s/s seats will offer similar support without the premature wrinkling of the bolster areas? Your thoughts?

Can't say anything about the driver bolster just yet, but the lateral support is very good, there is a trade off though between the 8P buckets and the 8V Super Sports - the latter are 100X more comfortable whereas the 8P's were deeper and held you in more securely..

If I had to choose between them for a track day and nothing else - I would go for the 8P

If I had to choose between them for ANY other driving than a track day - I would go with the 8V

The major difference is the rigidity, the 8P's cushioning around the lateral and outer thigh areas were like bricks, the 8V's have a lot more spring which adds to the unbelievable comfort of them. I'm actually looking forward to a long motorway journey!

Reactions: Louay and Lmg
Quick question about the MMI system...

During my handover the salesman paired up my phone and ipod, he then had a menu screen up for the ipod where you could select artists, albums, songs, playlists etc...

Since then I have been unable to find that menu!

When I select media and then select my ipod it just lists all songs, and every button I press takes me to screens other than the ipod menu...

Can anyone help? I'm guessing it's gonna be something really simple.

Cheers

Interesting info regarding delivery times, spoke to my dealer today (that always sounds bad), he said that my car was due to be on a ship on Sunday (this weekend) and I should be able to collect on Friday 8th November.

He said he will call me Sunday to confirm its on a ship, I need to provide retention cert for my private reg ASAP and go in to sign finance etc on Thursday, collection Friday approx 2pm.

just hoping hope he has this right.

This may give some gauge of possible delivery dates for all those still waiting, oh my build week was 41 so it's been built and waiting shipment a while.

But I said:

You have found a way to invest which beats inflation - so you are better doing that. In your case, it is better to use the money elsewhere - no question of that.

My point was though, I reckon the overall cost to you would be lower if you were on PCH rather than PCP (it was a lot cheaper for me with the Skoda). It's just as a nation, we seem to want to own something rather than rent it.

fair point, my situ isn't the same for everyone. I agree in this country we want to own everything, which is no bad thing, however there isn't much point with a car unless
a) you stick with an old car
b) have lots of money to throw £30K+ at a car and then top it up by £15-20K every 3 years
c) throw a deposit of 10% at a car, pay silly monthly payments and then get a new car in 3 years with hopefully at worst for another 10% deposit - that's the theory I guess
d) Lease a car - which I may consider next time, though this doesn't ever give you the option to buy

would be interesting to see what the cheapest option is over the average lifetime of a car of say 12 years

Interesting info regarding delivery times, spoke to my dealer today (that always sounds bad), he said that my car was due to be on a ship on Sunday (this weekend) and I should be able to collect on Friday 8th November.

He said he will call me Sunday to confirm its on a ship, I need to provide retention cert for my private reg ASAP and go in to sign finance etc on Thursday, collection Friday approx 2pm.

This may give some gauge of possible delivery dates for all those still waiting, oh my build week was 41 so it's been built and waiting shipment a while.

I do hope he is right because your car seems to be late, mine was build week 40 and arrived in UK well over 2 weeks ago, I will have had it for a week when yours enters UK.
I was told that once the car arrives in UK it can take up to 10 working days to clear customs and be ready for transport to dealer. Dealers only usually know of delivery either the day before or on the day it is sent to them.
It really is worth the wait.

well ive just added to my spec

misano red
manual
comfort pack with parking systems plus and park assist
pano roof
interior led lights
B&O
High beam assist
Aluminium roof bars
Privacy glass
Cruise control
Standard seats and wheels
electric folding mirrors
Tech pack without Audi Connect

just added:
Electric lumbar support
Tech pack with Audi Connect (as originally had just tech pack without audi connect)
LED headlights
Service Pack 399 one

cant wait

im going to avoid looking at this site, specs and the brochure till march

Last edited:
12 hours from now and i'll be cruising in the panther!

Reactions: gilesf, the_lecht_rocks and Lmg
it will be a brief thrill as i'm heading straight to the train station and then to the rugby. will snap a couple of phone pics and upload straight away with proper ones to follow on sunday. ****e weather this weekend too!

it will be a brief thrill as i'm heading straight to the train station and then to the rugby. will snap a couple of phone pics and upload straight away with proper ones to follow on sunday. ****e weather this weekend too!

Great cheer pal, the panther boys will, I'm sure, look forward to them!

Don't think of it as poor weather, think of it as a great chance to experience the added grip courtesy of Quattro!

My build wk was 42. Arrived in uk last Friday, delivered to Aberdeen Audi on Thursday, pick it up on Monday.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
My build wk was 42. Arrived in uk last Friday, delivered to Aberdeen Audi on Thursday, pick it up on Monday.

Jesus that's a quick turn around.

By that measure my build week of 44 (this week coming) should be available to pick up by the third week in October! Exciting times for us all!

Jesus that's a quick turn around.

By that measure my build week of 44 (this week coming) should be available to pick up by the third week in October! Exciting times for us all!

I suspect I may have been moved forward to 41 but don't officially know that.