Badger5Monster Motorsport
Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    Great that you have got your S3 you lucky chap!

Re: handbrake what is the main niggle with the electro brake? I am wondering if it was something that the hold assist option would have resolved? Lots of people posted some initial issues with their A3 electro h/brake so perhaps its just a matter of getting used to it?
    I have had hold assist option on 3 other Audis, A5 x2 and A7 and it is I think a great option. In traffic just flick in on, all issues solved. Should be standard (it is on A7) on all cars with electro brake.. just Audi being mean !!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    over 2,000 posts now in this thread
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    over 2,000 posts now in this thread
    And not one of them useful 😆
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

5th Gear

Status
    Preliminary week 7 build date for me!! Bring it on!!!!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cracked me up Paul

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Just had my dealer confirm my car is in production!
    Johnnyb and Battlekrapz like this.

Lmg
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Phantom Black with Black Package:

paullowther likes this.

Neutral

Status
    This looks like panther black to me - http://vimeo.com/76509613
    Lmg and gilesf like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Order placed today! Now the long wait, never waited more than 3 weeks for a car before!

S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White (seen S Lines's, but no S3's yet)
    Acoustic parking system
    Alcantara/leather
    Aluminium roof rails
    Audi sound system
    Comfort package
    Cruise control
    Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
    Hold assist
    Reversible load floor mat

and thanks to GNJ_Motorsport. He pointed me in the direction of a very friendly dealer.
    Last edited by c.grex; 29th October 2013 at 13:26.
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    you're looking at it all wrong. the big plus of the pcp is that instead of tying up loads of cash in something that is going to depreciate you can just break it down into monthly payments and enjoy better cashflow in the meantime. if the cost of having that cashflow is £4500k over three years then that's only £125/month and for someone like me who is earning relatively well and gets a car allowance through work but not at a stage in my life where i have a lazy £35k in the bank it's the perfect solution to own the car you want. the alternative would be to save the money and own it in three years time. its hard enough to wait a week let alone three years!
    Spot on that man. Amazes me there are people out there so stupid as pay cash for a brand new car. 'It makes no sense to pay interest on a depreciating asset' my arse... just say that to any accountant and see what they'll say to you! Even with the S3 (my SB lost just 40% of its value in 3 years/36k) holding its value so well, it makes no financial sense at all to do that, well unless of course you're cash rich, in which case, use your £30k cash as a deposit on a PCP for an RS4
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

Neutral

Status
    I wouldn't go as far as stupid. Ultimately it's a lifestyle choice and if someone has £35k in the bank to dispose of into a car then they clearly ain't stupid. I just know the route I would go down and I know what I could do with £35k if I had it in the bank

6th Gear

Status
    "If it appreciates, buy it; If it depreciates, lease it"
    Silky-S3 likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    In which case, you should be taking out a PCH (Personal Contract Hire), not PCP (Personal Contract Purchase). The problem (in both cases) is primarily the residual value of the extras are 0, so you will effectively get charged them in the deal which makes the deal less attractive.

I have a PCH Skoda Superb. It's very cheap for what it is as it is exceptionally well spec'd. from the factory (think £3k+ of extras on an S3) and they probably had a number they wanted to shift (I haven't seen the same deal when I've been looking recently). I didn't have the money in the bank and PCH was WAY cheaper than me entering into any form of finance deal for it (like about £5k over the 3 years I have it compared to the PCP deal I was offered on the same car). It works because the car is cheap, and has a relatively high residual value and I didn't have the money available.

Let's say you have £30k in the bank and wanting to buy a car. Unless you are intending to invest the money somewhere which will give you a guaranteed return higher than inflation AND have the money spare in your cashflow to pay the monthly repayments, it is still overall cheaper to buy the car outright as the finance will be worked out to pay for any depreciation and a profit for the person providing the finance.

People should be very clear about this: any form of financing - the financier will NOT be losing money. The person paying the financiers profit is the person paying the premiums - i.e. you.
    VeeDubDan likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ordered my S3 SB S tronic on 1st August, still waiting for my build week. Dealer says likely to be week 4!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtodd View Post
    Ordered my S3 SB S tronic on 1st August, still waiting for my build week. Dealer says likely to be week 4!
    That's awful. I put my order in Mid August and mine is due to go into the factory next week. Your dealer must have gone over their allocation and not said...

Neutral

Status
    I agree with Paul, i'd phone them or email every week just to get updates, that way they may try and bring it forward just to get you off their back.

My order was placed 2nd Oct and should be getting built in 2 weeks.
    S3 Sportback Solid Red, S-Tronic, Techno, Comfort, Privacy, Interior Lights, Alcantara/Leather, Advanced Key, Aluminium Roof Rails.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    That's awful. I put my order in Mid August and mine is due to go into the factory next week. Your dealer must have gone over their allocation and not said...
    Our cars are being born at the same time. Race you to the dealers.
    paullowther likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Spot on that man. Amazes me there are people out there so stupid as pay cash for a brand new car. 'It makes no sense to pay interest on a depreciating asset' my arse... just say that to any accountant and see what they'll say to you! Even with the S3 (my SB lost just 40% of its value in 3 years/36k) holding its value so well, it makes no financial sense at all to do that, well unless of course you're cash rich, in which case, use your £30k cash as a deposit on a PCP for an RS4
    or do what I did and buy a flat offplan which has increased by more than £10K in 1 week

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    and pcp isn't far off leasing if you think about it - or rather leasing with the option to buy if you want

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    Our cars are being born at the same time. Race you to the dealers.
    Which dealers have you ordered from?

4th Gear

Status
    Also, I can't keep up with the amount of things being posted on here tonight. I'm clicking around like a madman!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    and pcp isn't far off leasing if you think about it - or rather leasing with the option to buy if you want
    Generally you have a much lower "deposit" with PCH, are unconcerned about final value, and the finance deals are worked off the price a large leasing company can get the car for rather than the price you pay at a dealer....

So, no, they are not close IMHO....

1st Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Also, I can't keep up with the amount of things being posted on here tonight. I'm clicking around like a madman!
    Ditto lol! We're all getting restless

Eughh that yellow. Do quote like the green tho... Never thought I'd say that. Don't think i could ever get it tho

4th Gear

Status
    Is the forum sponsored by Red Bull tonight?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Great post. Like them all apart from the black, too boring and doesn't show any lines.
    Yeah... Yeah well I think you're boring and don't show any lines. PFFFFT
    :D
    paullowther likes this.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicyrusivi View Post
    Yeah... Yeah well I think you're boring and don't show any lines. PFFFFT
    :D
    Haha!

4th Gear

Status
    The details on black cars are notoriously difficult to capture on camera. Once I pick up my car I'll get some proper snaps with a top end camera and get them posted. Finally give it the justice required! I want to be challenging for best pics on the forum! Going to take it back through the lakes on my pickup journey too so I'll get some then.
    Silky-S3, Lmg and gilesf like this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status

Eughh that yellow. Do quote like the green tho... Never thought I'd say that. Don't think i could ever get it tho
    nice one

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrown View Post
    Hello from Australia!

In September I ordered a Misano Red Audi S3 Sportback (Roof Rails and Metallic Paint the only options) with a build week of 51. That has since been pushed to Week 48 and the last time I went to visit the dealer (There are no S3s in the country, so I go to visit their S-Line A3 from time to time) he told me that I could have it before Christmas. Very happy about that but not holding my breath.

You guys are completely spoiled for choice when it comes to options and, to be quite honest, when I see so some people worried about stainless steel footrests it makes me roll my eyes. Australia has two S3 options - with "performance kit" (Sports seats, sun roof, anthracite wheels, B&O) and without (Basically a fast A3 with S-line and 4 exhaust tips).

Anyways, I'm enjoying watching you all with your new babies. I need more pictures of the Misano Red Sportback with roof rails and standard S3 wheels.
    Mick, I ordered mine back in Aug. I am also from Australia, Syd. I think its actually better value with the lower than expected $60k price tag and the options that are bundled. Performance pack with stitched seats the BO audio, magnetic ride etc and Assistant pack with radar cruise, parking assist etc. I took both of these options along with roof rails, rack, 40.20.40 back seat, sunroof, MMI cable and window tint. With all that we Aussies get it for $70k. Remember we already start with the base model higher specced than EU such as full nav, sensors, camera etc. I am also due to take delivery late Dec in Estoril blue. Lets share pics once we get em.
    Using Tapatalk

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JYL823 View Post
    Mick, I ordered mine back in Aug. I am also from Australia, Syd. I think its actually better value with the lower than expected $60k price tag and the options that are bundled. Performance pack with stitched seats the BO audio, magnetic ride etc and Assistant pack with radar cruise, parking assist etc. I took both of these options along with roof rails, rack, 40.20.40 back seat, sunroof, MMI cable and window tint. With all that we Aussies get it for $70k. Remember we already start with the base model higher specced than EU such as full nav, sensors, camera etc. I am also due to take delivery late Dec in Estoril blue. Lets share pics once we get em.
    I'm definitely not regretting not optioning the Performance Pack. Regardless of my financial situation, this is my first brand new car and I'm upgrading from a 2006 Comfortline Golf. Not sure if all can relate, but it's bloody difficult convincing your fiance that it's OK to spend more than three times what you paid for your current car...if the figure at the bottom of the contract started with a 7 it would've been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrown View Post
    I'm definitely not regretting not optioning the Performance Pack. Regardless of my financial situation, this is my first brand new car and I'm upgrading from a 2006 Comfortline Golf. Not sure if all can relate, but it's bloody difficult convincing your fiance that it's OK to spend more than three times what you paid for your current car...if the figure at the bottom of the contract started with a 7 it would've been the straw that broke the camel's back.
    I am wih ya. What ever the spec..... it will be a cracker of a car. I never wished for Christmas to come sooner since I was 10 yrs old!
    Using Tapatalk

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Is that off FULL Retail price or after the hefty 12% discounts we were getting 3 years ago?

30k -12% =£26.4k -40% = circa £16k

or 30k -40% = circa £18k ??

1st Gear

Status

Bizarrely I quite like the yellow and not the green. Red looks great but i'd go for aly rails and grille personally, think it stands out more. Great pics paullowther!

Anyone found any dealers in the North West who are offering 6/7%? Best I have got is around 4/5% so far.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Bizarrely I quite like the yellow and not the green. Red looks great but i'd go for aly rails and grille personally, think it stands out more. Great pics paullowther!

Anyone found any dealers in the North West who are offering 6/7%? Best I have got is around 4/5% so far.
    Just call Kings Lynn Audi and ask for Daniel, you will get 9% off. It is worth driving to Kings Lynn (184 miles from my house near Blackburn) to save even 1% in my opinion.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Just call Kings Lynn Audi and ask for Daniel, you will get 9% off. It is worth driving to Kings Lynn (184 miles from my house near Blackburn) to save even 1% in my opinion.
    Thanks for that, i'll give him a call. That level of discount would mean a few additions to my spec so definitely worth driving down for that!!

4th Gear

Status
    Ladies and gents. Meet Panther Black.

Last edited by paullowther; 30th October 2013 at 15:41.

2nd Gear

Status
    im considering brilliant black, hopefuly try and see one first

3rd Gear

Status
    Ladies and gents. Meet Panther Black.

i'm an aesthetic connosieur, pedantic about colour, matching and "rightness in design".

after weeks of deliberation, this absolutely proves to my aesthetic side that Panther is my correct choice

thanks for the pic Paul !
    paullowther likes this.