2013 Audi S3

No Bob.. Sorry I disagree.. An A5 should have parking sensors and Nav as standard + TPMS and Hill Hold.. Audi seem to be penny pinching in an attempt to squeeze as much extra cash out of us as possible when ordering our S3.. You don't even get a proper sound system now thanks to DaB being fitted which is pretty useless where I travel.. Come on Audi!

I can see your point on the Parking sensors and TPMS, and yes Audi have priced and specced the car so people spend money on extras. Thinking about it I would be allot happier if the whole range started £2k higher with a few more of the extras as standard. At least that way all those extras might have some retained value, rather than being extras.

Reactions: paullowther
Hi, it's always been like that with 'premier' cars though hasn't it? You pay for the build quality don't you then decide on what extra's, that lesser priced cars have, and what you can spend.

think this is standard black but happy to be corrected :

Dsc00110 2610630783742386928

Reactions: PilotAudi and Lmg
Hello from Australia!

In September I ordered a Misano Red Audi S3 Sportback (Roof Rails and Metallic Paint the only options) with a build week of 51. That has since been pushed to Week 48 and the last time I went to visit the dealer (There are no S3s in the country, so I go to visit their S-Line A3 from time to time:sob:) he told me that I could have it before Christmas. Very happy about that but not holding my breath.

You guys are completely spoiled for choice when it comes to options and, to be quite honest, when I see so some people worried about stainless steel footrests it makes me roll my eyes. Australia has two S3 options - with "performance kit" (Sports seats, sun roof, anthracite wheels, B&O) and without (Basically a fast A3 with S-line and 4 exhaust tips).

Anyways, I'm enjoying watching you all with your new babies. I need more pictures of the Misano Red Sportback with roof rails and standard S3 wheels.

my spec
misano red
standard seats and inserts
standard wheels
aluminium roof rails
auto folding mirrors
comfort pack with parking aid and assist
tech pack
pano roof
B&O
interior led lights
privacy glass

got a 6% discount, was going to pay cash but opted for 3 year pcp with 12.5% deposit to keep monthly payments reasonably sane, lol

probably going to add:
through load
lumbar support
possible but unlikely electric seats

will also get gap (audi if reasonable or 3rd party) and service option for 3 years at £399 I think it is

ordered on 18/10 and looking at build week 9 early march 2014, eek!

my car cleared customs this morning and will be with the dealer next wednesday and prepared for my collection first thing on Saturday. i've even been able to choose my registration from a list!

its going to be a long week!

Reactions: NotquiteWelsh and Sherbs
Hello from Australia!

In September I ordered a Misano Red Audi S3 Sportback (Roof Rails and Metallic Paint the only options) with a build week of 51. That has since been pushed to Week 48 and the last time I went to visit the dealer (There are no S3s in the country, so I go to visit their S-Line A3 from time to time:sob:) he told me that I could have it before Christmas. Very happy about that but not holding my breath.

You guys are completely spoiled for choice when it comes to options and, to be quite honest, when I see so some people worried about stainless steel footrests it makes me roll my eyes. Australia has two S3 options - with "performance kit" (Sports seats, sun roof, anthracite wheels, B&O) and without (Basically a fast A3 with S-line and 4 exhaust tips).

Anyways, I'm enjoying watching you all with your new babies. I need more pictures of the Misano Red Sportback with roof rails and standard S3 wheels.

Hi Australia

When I was there last year I priced up a used S3 and it was more than our new ones; they seemed to be expensive there, more than I would have thought. Is this still the case?
With a build week of 48 you must be one of the first in Oz to get an S3. It is worth the wait.

my car cleared customs this morning and will be with the dealer next wednesday and prepared for my collection first thing on Saturday. i've even been able to choose my registration from a list!

its going to be a long week!

Hi Gareth

can I ask, what was your build week? My S3 is on its way to the uk ( well that's what I was told Tuesday) I'm trying to get a feel for delivery to dealer as the dealer will not say too much right now.
mine was build week 41

Hi Australia

When I was there last year I priced up a used S3 and it was more than our new ones; they seemed to be expensive there, more than I would have thought. Is this still the case?
With a build week of 48 you must be one of the first in Oz to get an S3. It is worth the wait.

Hi NQW,

They are still pricy when compared to UK pricing but they actually dropped the price of the 8V S3 by $10k AUD (about 6k GBP). We have this interesting situation at the moment where you can find a used 8P S3 for more than a new 8V S3 (there are no 8Vs in the country yet). Our dollar is fairly strong at the moment so they seem even more expensive when compared to UK/European pricing.

You can tick all the options on a new S3 here for ~$70k (including relevant taxes etc) which is about £41k.

Sure is, but go along and see it as soon as it gets to the dealer, take pics, post them here, chat here. It just might then seem just a little shorter.:think:

the dealer isnt that local to me - probably about 30 - 40 miles away so i think i'll just bottle up my excitement until saturday-week. will post pics straight away though!!

Hi Gareth

can I ask, what was your build week? My S3 is on its way to the uk ( well that's what I was told Tuesday) I'm trying to get a feel for delivery to dealer as the dealer will not say too much right now.
mine was build week 41

i managed to bag a cancelled order so not sure on build week etc. when i struck the deal the car was at the port in Germany an its taken 8 days for it to be shipped and cleared by customs, then 6 days before its with the dealer and three days later i am collecting.

i'm currently only 8/9 days from when i put the deposit down, so pleased that i will have it in a further 8 days. i don't know how some of you guys with deliveries in March are coping... !

i managed to bag a cancelled order so not sure on build week etc. when i struck the deal the car was at the port in Germany an its taken 8 days for it to be shipped and cleared by customs, then 6 days before its with the dealer and three days later i am collecting.

i'm currently only 8/9 days from when i put the deposit down, so pleased that i will have it in a further 8 days. i don't know how some of you guys with deliveries in March are coping... !

Thanks Gareth,
1st of May I gave Audi my £1000 deposit!!!(before order book opened) Feeling frustrated more than excited. Sold my lovely TT about 6-8 weeks ago and been borrowing various company vehicles since. Hoping for first week of November for pick up.
not long before picking you new car up, when you actually stop driving it maybe up load some photos. ENJOY!!

Anthracite alloys really do work well with a black car & the big block of silver on the wingmirrors help to break the car up nicely.

Just like ours will look (minus rocket launcher). Pretty sure this is Phantom Black too!!

Reactions: paullowther
has anyone ordered any of the standard colours, black, brilliant red and taken delivery?

Just received a message from my my salesman, car has literally just been produced and is now awaiting delivery :thumbsup: :hi::arco:.

I can't wait !!!

Reactions: Lmg, NotquiteWelsh, Collegeboy09 and 2 others
Just received a message from my my salesman, car has literally just been produced and is now awaiting delivery :thumbsup: :hi::arco:.

I can't wait !!!

The wait now is the problem; mine took about 3 weeks from production to delivery at the dealer. BUT IT IS WORTH IT.

Enjoy.:cool:

Reactions: Battlekrapz
Love the colour NotquiteWelsh, when do you pick the car up?

Do you have any more photos? especially of the wheels.

Not the best Pic as it's from my phone:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecosphere, Lmg, Sherbs and 1 other person
The least favourite colour of all time ... Estoril Blue :whistle2:

Spec is as follows (mind u i don't live in the uk so it might have differences with the ones you order there).

S3 sportback Manual
Alcantara & leather sports seats
multifunction flat bottomed steering wheel
Advanced key
accoustic parking system (front/back)
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
tyre pressure monitor
Hill Hold assist
Extended leather Monopur
S3 optional alloys (S Design)
Inside Light package
smoker pack
Exterior LED lights
Gear knob in Alluminium (R8 style)
GPS plus
Electric driver seat
Heated front seats
Cruise control
Automatic headlights & auto dimming inside mirror
Electric & heated outside mirror pack
Tinted windows

Reactions: gilesf
Ordered ours the other day. It is fair to say I haven't gone mad with the spec. I ordered a 3 door manual, monsoon grey with the B&O stereo the only other cost option. I was going to spec satnav but decided to retro fit with the SD cards later. Gone with the standard S3 wheels, I think they'll grow on me and look far better with a subtle drop and spacers much like the 8P wheels do.

The rest of the options just didn't appeal enough to warrant the expense. Things like cruise control are nice but I have it in my Caddy and NEVER use it, also have it in my current 335i and I'm embarrassed to say I'm not even sure how to turn it on!

Obviously as a tuning company we will modify the car and it is exciting to see ABT have mapped the car to 370 PS at stage 1. I look forward to seeing what companies come up with whilst we wait for delivery. It is encouraging to see some have arrived early as well.

Reactions: Collegeboy09 and Battlekrapz
I think I'll be doing this on my pickup day!

PS. How good does that car sound!!! Jesus! (Also love the lunar silver seats, even on a light coloured exterior)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Splathead
Nipped down to my dealer earlier to see if my car was there, it was, but it was locked in the workshop, so the salesman walked me there and had to look through the window...

it looked the dogs b*****s!! The black roof rails against the Glacier paint and pano roof looked immense! He also confirmed that all the options i spec'd were checked and fitted (was worried they might have missed something big off)

Picking it up tues / weds and the wait is worse than xmas as a child...

Will post pics when i can..

Reactions: Lmg, Toadoftoadhall, davejinx and 4 others
Just like Johnny, I just popped into the dealer to see how things were progressing, and was told the car was on-site! Unfortunately in the locked compound, so I couldn't see it :( Amazing news though is I'll be picking it up at 5 on Monday evening!!! Very excited!!! :D

Reactions: Lmg, Toadoftoadhall, the_lecht_rocks and 2 others
Ordered ours the other day. It is fair to say I haven't gone mad with the spec. I ordered a 3 door manual, monsoon grey with the B&O stereo the only other cost option. I was going to spec satnav but decided to retro fit with the SD cards later. Gone with the standard S3 wheels, I think they'll grow on me and look far better with a subtle drop and spacers much like the 8P wheels do.

The rest of the options just didn't appeal enough to warrant the expense. Things like cruise control are nice but I have it in my Caddy and NEVER use it, also have it in my current 335i and I'm embarrassed to say I'm not even sure how to turn it on!

Obviously as a tuning company we will modify the car and it is exciting to see ABT have mapped the car to 370 PS at stage 1. I look forward to seeing what companies come up with whilst we wait for delivery. It is encouraging to see some have arrived early as well.

where did you order from in the end? did you manage a deal?

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall, Battlekrapz and Splathead
Just like Johnny, I just popped into the dealer to see how things were progressing, and was told the car was on-site! Unfortunately in the locked compound, so I couldn't see it :( Amazing news though is I'll be picking it up at 5 on Monday evening!!! Very excited!!! :D

Fantastic news .... It's great knowing the waiting is nearly over isn't it and the talking can stop and the driving can start :)

So took a trip to the dealers today, and came away with a completed order form!

S3 Sportback S Tronic
Monsoon Grey
Aluminium Roof Rails
Supersport Seats
Privacy Glass
Comfort Pack
Technology Pack High
Bang & Olufsen
Folding, Dimming Mirrors
Interior Light Pack
Extended Mono.pur
Parking System Plus
Reversing Camera
Rear Side Airbags
Reversible Boot Mat
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Hill Hold Assist

I have to say I got a better deal than I'd hoped for, including £1000 more for my current S3 than I was expecting! Delivery early April, but hopefully that will come forward to March...that's what I'm telling myself anyways! Chuffed!!!

Reactions: gilesf, Battlekrapz, Toadoftoadhall and 3 others
Also the dealer happened to have an A3 saloon in Monsoon Grey sitting in the showroom. I was instantly sold on the colour and was very happy I'd opted for it! Also took it as a sign as it was siting right by the front door!! :w00t:

So took a trip to the dealers today, and came away with a completed order form!

S3 Sportback S Tronic
Monsoon Grey
Aluminium Roof Rails
Supersport Seats
Privacy Glass
Comfort Pack
Technology Pack High
Bang & Olufsen
Folding, Dimming Mirrors
Interior Light Pack
Extended Mono.pur
Parking System Plus
Reversing Camera
Rear Side Airbags
Reversible Boot Mat
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Hill Hold Assist

I have to say I got a better deal than I'd hoped for, including £1000 more for my current S3 than I was expecting! Delivery early April, but hopefully that will come forward to March...that's what I'm telling myself anyways! Chuffed!!!

wont you have to change your profile from veedubman

Is the lumbar support and through load worth getting?

barely any info on either and not seen any in dealers

To help with the waiting for quite a few of us.......dont think this has been posted here yet? if it has sorry....

New S3 v Sport quattro

The new S3 wins but looking at the size of the legend Stig - thats probably not a surprise!!