EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 49 of 156 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849505152535455565999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,960 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    No Bob.. Sorry I disagree.. An A5 should have parking sensors and Nav as standard + TPMS and Hill Hold.. Audi seem to be penny pinching in an attempt to squeeze as much extra cash out of us as possible when ordering our S3.. You don't even get a proper sound system now thanks to DaB being fitted which is pretty useless where I travel.. Come on Audi!
    I can see your point on the Parking sensors and TPMS, and yes Audi have priced and specced the car so people spend money on extras. Thinking about it I would be allot happier if the whole range started £2k higher with a few more of the extras as standard. At least that way all those extras might have some retained value, rather than being extras.
    paullowther likes this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, it's always been like that with 'premier' cars though hasn't it? You pay for the build quality don't you then decide on what extra's, that lesser priced cars have, and what you can spend.

3rd Gear

Status
    think this is standard black but happy to be corrected :

dsc00110-2610630783742386928.jpg
    PilotAudi and Lmg like this.

4th Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    think this is standard black but happy to be corrected :

dsc00110-2610630783742386928.jpg
    Anthracite alloys really do work well with a black car & the big block of silver on the wingmirrors help to break the car up nicely.
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Definitely sold now on Pantherschwarz and the super sport interior..... Almost looking forward to it, but got a season of skiing up first

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrown View Post
    Hello from Australia!

In September I ordered a Misano Red Audi S3 Sportback (Roof Rails and Metallic Paint the only options) with a build week of 51. That has since been pushed to Week 48 and the last time I went to visit the dealer (There are no S3s in the country, so I go to visit their S-Line A3 from time to time) he told me that I could have it before Christmas. Very happy about that but not holding my breath.

You guys are completely spoiled for choice when it comes to options and, to be quite honest, when I see so some people worried about stainless steel footrests it makes me roll my eyes. Australia has two S3 options - with "performance kit" (Sports seats, sun roof, anthracite wheels, B&O) and without (Basically a fast A3 with S-line and 4 exhaust tips).

Anyways, I'm enjoying watching you all with your new babies. I need more pictures of the Misano Red Sportback with roof rails and standard S3 wheels.
    my spec
    misano red
    standard seats and inserts
    standard wheels
    aluminium roof rails
    auto folding mirrors
    comfort pack with parking aid and assist
    tech pack
    pano roof
    B&O
    interior led lights
    privacy glass

got a 6% discount, was going to pay cash but opted for 3 year pcp with 12.5% deposit to keep monthly payments reasonably sane, lol

probably going to add:
    through load
    lumbar support
    possible but unlikely electric seats

will also get gap (audi if reasonable or 3rd party) and service option for 3 years at £399 I think it is

ordered on 18/10 and looking at build week 9 early march 2014, eek!

Neutral

Status
    my car cleared customs this morning and will be with the dealer next wednesday and prepared for my collection first thing on Saturday. i've even been able to choose my registration from a list!

its going to be a long week!
    Sherbs and NotquiteWelsh like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    Sure is, but go along and see it as soon as it gets to the dealer, take pics, post them here, chat here. It just might then seem just a little shorter.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrown View Post
    Hello from Australia!

In September I ordered a Misano Red Audi S3 Sportback (Roof Rails and Metallic Paint the only options) with a build week of 51. That has since been pushed to Week 48 and the last time I went to visit the dealer (There are no S3s in the country, so I go to visit their S-Line A3 from time to time) he told me that I could have it before Christmas. Very happy about that but not holding my breath.

You guys are completely spoiled for choice when it comes to options and, to be quite honest, when I see so some people worried about stainless steel footrests it makes me roll my eyes. Australia has two S3 options - with "performance kit" (Sports seats, sun roof, anthracite wheels, B&O) and without (Basically a fast A3 with S-line and 4 exhaust tips).

Anyways, I'm enjoying watching you all with your new babies. I need more pictures of the Misano Red Sportback with roof rails and standard S3 wheels.
    Hi Australia

When I was there last year I priced up a used S3 and it was more than our new ones; they seemed to be expensive there, more than I would have thought. Is this still the case?
    With a build week of 48 you must be one of the first in Oz to get an S3. It is worth the wait.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

Reverse Gear

Status
    my car cleared customs this morning and will be with the dealer next wednesday and prepared for my collection first thing on Saturday. i've even been able to choose my registration from a list!

Hi Gareth

can I ask, what was your build week? My S3 is on its way to the uk ( well that's what I was told Tuesday) I'm trying to get a feel for delivery to dealer as the dealer will not say too much right now.
    mine was build week 41

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    Hi Australia

When I was there last year I priced up a used S3 and it was more than our new ones; they seemed to be expensive there, more than I would have thought. Is this still the case?
    With a build week of 48 you must be one of the first in Oz to get an S3. It is worth the wait.
    Hi NQW,

They are still pricy when compared to UK pricing but they actually dropped the price of the 8V S3 by $10k AUD (about 6k GBP). We have this interesting situation at the moment where you can find a used 8P S3 for more than a new 8V S3 (there are no 8Vs in the country yet). Our dollar is fairly strong at the moment so they seem even more expensive when compared to UK/European pricing.

You can tick all the options on a new S3 here for ~$70k (including relevant taxes etc) which is about £41k.

Neutral

Status
    Sure is, but go along and see it as soon as it gets to the dealer, take pics, post them here, chat here. It just might then seem just a little shorter.
    the dealer isnt that local to me - probably about 30 - 40 miles away so i think i'll just bottle up my excitement until saturday-week. will post pics straight away though!!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T3ryp View Post
    Hi Gareth

can I ask, what was your build week? My S3 is on its way to the uk ( well that's what I was told Tuesday) I'm trying to get a feel for delivery to dealer as the dealer will not say too much right now.
    mine was build week 41
    i managed to bag a cancelled order so not sure on build week etc. when i struck the deal the car was at the port in Germany an its taken 8 days for it to be shipped and cleared by customs, then 6 days before its with the dealer and three days later i am collecting.

i'm currently only 8/9 days from when i put the deposit down, so pleased that i will have it in a further 8 days. i don't know how some of you guys with deliveries in March are coping... !

Reverse Gear

Status
    i managed to bag a cancelled order so not sure on build week etc. when i struck the deal the car was at the port in Germany an its taken 8 days for it to be shipped and cleared by customs, then 6 days before its with the dealer and three days later i am collecting.

i'm currently only 8/9 days from when i put the deposit down, so pleased that i will have it in a further 8 days. i don't know how some of you guys with deliveries in March are coping... !
    Thanks Gareth,
    1st of May I gave Audi my £1000 deposit!!!(before order book opened) Feeling frustrated more than excited. Sold my lovely TT about 6-8 weeks ago and been borrowing various company vehicles since. Hoping for first week of November for pick up.
    not long before picking you new car up, when you actually stop driving it maybe up load some photos. ENJOY!!

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Anthracite alloys really do work well with a black car & the big block of silver on the wingmirrors help to break the car up nicely.
    Just like ours will look (minus rocket launcher). Pretty sure this is Phantom Black too!!
    paullowther likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    has anyone ordered any of the standard colours, black, brilliant red and taken delivery?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    has anyone ordered any of the standard colours, black, brilliant red and taken delivery?
    A pic of my brilliant red one is on previous page.
    Delivered on-time.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just received a message from my my salesman, car has literally just been produced and is now awaiting delivery .

I can't wait !!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    Just received a message from my my salesman, car has literally just been produced and is now awaiting delivery .

I can't wait !!!
    congrats, what colour / spec did you go for?
    Battlekrapz likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post

I can't wait !!!
    The wait now is the problem; mine took about 3 weeks from production to delivery at the dealer. BUT IT IS WORTH IT.

Enjoy.
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Delivered on-time.

Neutral

Status
    A pic of my brilliant red one is on previous page.
    Love the colour NotquiteWelsh, when do you pick the car up?

Do you have any more photos? especially of the wheels.
    S3 Sportback Solid Red, S-Tronic, Techno, Comfort, Privacy, Interior Lights, Alcantara/Leather, Advanced Key, Aluminium Roof Rails.

4th Gear

Status
    The wait now is the problem; mine took about 3 weeks from production to delivery at the dealer. BUT IT IS WORTH IT.

Enjoy.
    Not long for you to wait now welsh! 48 hours and counting!
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbs View Post
    Love the colour NotquiteWelsh, when do you pick the car up?

Do you have any more photos? especially of the wheels.
    Not the best Pic as it's from my phone:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by NotquiteWelsh; 26th October 2013 at 12:14.
    Delivered on-time.

2nd Gear

Status
    The least favourite colour of all time ... Estoril Blue

Spec is as follows (mind u i don't live in the uk so it might have differences with the ones you order there).

S3 sportback Manual
    Alcantara & leather sports seats
    multifunction flat bottomed steering wheel
    Advanced key
    accoustic parking system (front/back)
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
    tyre pressure monitor
    Hill Hold assist
    Extended leather Monopur
    S3 optional alloys (S Design)
    Inside Light package
    smoker pack
    Exterior LED lights
    Gear knob in Alluminium (R8 style)
    GPS plus
    Electric driver seat
    Heated front seats
    Cruise control
    Automatic headlights & auto dimming inside mirror
    Electric & heated outside mirror pack
    Tinted windows
    gilesf likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Wow that was fast, looks great.
    Your making me very jealous
    S3 Sportback Solid Red, S-Tronic, Techno, Comfort, Privacy, Interior Lights, Alcantara/Leather, Advanced Key, Aluminium Roof Rails.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ordered ours the other day. It is fair to say I haven't gone mad with the spec. I ordered a 3 door manual, monsoon grey with the B&O stereo the only other cost option. I was going to spec satnav but decided to retro fit with the SD cards later. Gone with the standard S3 wheels, I think they'll grow on me and look far better with a subtle drop and spacers much like the 8P wheels do.

The rest of the options just didn't appeal enough to warrant the expense. Things like cruise control are nice but I have it in my Caddy and NEVER use it, also have it in my current 335i and I'm embarrassed to say I'm not even sure how to turn it on!

Obviously as a tuning company we will modify the car and it is exciting to see ABT have mapped the car to 370 PS at stage 1. I look forward to seeing what companies come up with whilst we wait for delivery. It is encouraging to see some have arrived early as well.

4th Gear

Status
    I think I'll be doing this on my pickup day!

PS. How good does that car sound!!! Jesus! (Also love the lunar silver seats, even on a light coloured exterior)

1st Gear

Status
    Mine is at the dealers.
    When I was there it was awaiting cleaning and preparation.
    I pick it up next Saturday (2nd Nov)
    http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...psa657a79f.jpg
    http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...psd51acf9e.jpg
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    Mine is at the dealers.
    Looking good - even in dull weather and before preparation! Great colour
    Splathead likes this.
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

4th Gear

Status
    Nipped down to my dealer earlier to see if my car was there, it was, but it was locked in the workshop, so the salesman walked me there and had to look through the window...

it looked the dogs b*****s!! The black roof rails against the Glacier paint and pano roof looked immense! He also confirmed that all the options i spec'd were checked and fitted (was worried they might have missed something big off)

Picking it up tues / weds and the wait is worse than xmas as a child...

Will post pics when i can..

3rd Gear

Status
    nice to see some lovely S3 SBs arriving.

great utilitarian everyday car. good work Audi.

Neutral

Status
    Just like Johnny, I just popped into the dealer to see how things were progressing, and was told the car was on-site! Unfortunately in the locked compound, so I couldn't see it Amazing news though is I'll be picking it up at 5 on Monday evening!!! Very excited!!! :D
    Estoril Blue Audi S3 8V Sportback, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Aluminium roof rails

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Ordered ours the other day. It is fair to say I haven't gone mad with the spec. I ordered a 3 door manual, monsoon grey with the B&O stereo the only other cost option. I was going to spec satnav but decided to retro fit with the SD cards later. Gone with the standard S3 wheels, I think they'll grow on me and look far better with a subtle drop and spacers much like the 8P wheels do.

The rest of the options just didn't appeal enough to warrant the expense. Things like cruise control are nice but I have it in my Caddy and NEVER use it, also have it in my current 335i and I'm embarrassed to say I'm not even sure how to turn it on!

Obviously as a tuning company we will modify the car and it is exciting to see ABT have mapped the car to 370 PS at stage 1. I look forward to seeing what companies come up with whilst we wait for delivery. It is encouraging to see some have arrived early as well.
    where did you order from in the end? did you manage a deal?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    Mine is at the dealers.

looks superb mate !

Picking up my estoril blue S5 next Saturday too
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davejinx View Post
    Just like Johnny, I just popped into the dealer to see how things were progressing, and was told the car was on-site! Unfortunately in the locked compound, so I couldn't see it Amazing news though is I'll be picking it up at 5 on Monday evening!!! Very excited!!! :D

Fantastic news .... It's great knowing the waiting is nearly over isn't it and the talking can stop and the driving can start
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    So took a trip to the dealers today, and came away with a completed order form!

S3 Sportback S Tronic
    Monsoon Grey
    Aluminium Roof Rails
    Supersport Seats
    Privacy Glass
    Comfort Pack
    Technology Pack High
    Bang & Olufsen
    Folding, Dimming Mirrors
    Interior Light Pack
    Extended Mono.pur
    Parking System Plus
    Reversing Camera
    Rear Side Airbags
    Reversible Boot Mat
    Tyre Pressure Monitor
    Hill Hold Assist

I have to say I got a better deal than I'd hoped for, including £1000 more for my current S3 than I was expecting! Delivery early April, but hopefully that will come forward to March...that's what I'm telling myself anyways! Chuffed!!!
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

1st Gear

Status
    Also the dealer happened to have an A3 saloon in Monsoon Grey sitting in the showroom. I was instantly sold on the colour and was very happy I'd opted for it! Also took it as a sign as it was siting right by the front door!!
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    So took a trip to the dealers today, and came away with a completed order form!

S3 Sportback S Tronic
    Monsoon Grey
    Aluminium Roof Rails
    Supersport Seats
    Privacy Glass
    Comfort Pack
    Technology Pack High
    Bang & Olufsen
    Folding, Dimming Mirrors
    Interior Light Pack
    Extended Mono.pur
    Parking System Plus
    Reversing Camera
    Rear Side Airbags
    Reversible Boot Mat
    Tyre Pressure Monitor
    Hill Hold Assist

I have to say I got a better deal than I'd hoped for, including £1000 more for my current S3 than I was expecting! Delivery early April, but hopefully that will come forward to March...that's what I'm telling myself anyways! Chuffed!!!
    wont you have to change your profile from veedubman

3rd Gear

Status
    Is the lumbar support and through load worth getting?

barely any info on either and not seen any in dealers

1st Gear

Status
    To help with the waiting for quite a few of us.......dont think this has been posted here yet? if it has sorry....

New S3 v Sport quattro

The new S3 wins but looking at the size of the legend Stig - thats probably not a surprise!!
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!