Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 47 of 156 FirstFirst ... 374041424344454647484950515253545797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,880 of 6213
Like Tree3378Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

4th Gear

Status
    http://youtu.be/kswZe9YA9QQ

S3 vs A45 AMG vs M135i

Just thought I'd point out that the S3 leads the way almost all the way to 230kph (142mph).

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Lmg likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Audi S3 vs BMW M135i vs Mercedes A45 - YouTube

S3 vs A45 AMG vs M135i

Just thought I'd point out that the S3 leads the way almost all the way to 230kph (142mph).

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Great find Paul!!

I have been watching loads of S3 vids on youtube in the past few days to keep me going, great to see that kind if performance from the 8V given the higher figures of the other two.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice video Paul,

Also a bit surprising, I thought the AMG would have just had the edge on the S3
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Is suppose it may be worth leaving the Blue foam on as the vital IMHO Parking sensors appear to be missing on this one!
    The sensors are there, they seem to be well camoflauged.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

Lmg
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Guys!

First post here, and I would like to share these pics I found of two lovely Sportbacks in what seems to be Panther Black:

Enjoy!
    the_lecht_rocks and gilesf like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Can't say the panther black does it for me on the S3.
    As some have commented, the S3 is a VERY discreet looking sport hatch as it is, but in black it is almost stealth-like !
    In the above pics, the red inserts on the seats also look wrong and stick out like a sore thumb.
    IMO its not a shape which suits black - it does hide the cars lines a lot in the pictures above.

It also need LED lights to 'jazz up' the front lights too.

or, maybe I am just anti-black now as it has been a total pain to look after on my TTS.
    Very demoralising to spend hours cleaning the car just to have a rain shower leave loads of water marks on the car - and thats without even driving it and it just being parked.
    Once you do drive, then it almost immediately gets mucky whatever the weather.
    Great clean - but that lasts little or no time.

Best S3 colours for me are estoril blue, misano red and ibis white - these colours all look fantastic when combined with black styling pack, privacy glass and pano roof - possibly even black roof bars on the Sportback.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    Hi Guys!

First post here, and I would like to share these pics I found of two lovely Sportbacks in what seems to be Panther Black:

Enjoy!
    The second car is definitely phantom. I remember locating the original post a while ago.

The first picture is pretty poor lighting so you can really see much of the fleck. Not sure that's even panther to be fair.
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post

View more images on Audi S3 - a set on Flickr

Superb pictures of 3 of the best features of the S3 imo ....

LED lights - a must !
    Super sports seats - stunning !
    Pano roof - just looks so good in & out
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    As some have commented, the S3 is a VERY discreet looking sport hatch as it is, but in black it is almost stealth-like !
    In the above pics, the red inserts on the seats also look wrong and stick out like a sore thumb.
    IMO its not a shape which suits black - it does hide the cars lines a lot in the pictures above.

or, maybe I am just anti-black now as it has been a total pain to look after on my TTS.
    Very demoralising to spend hours cleaning the car just to have a rain shower leave loads of water marks on the car - and thats without even driving it and it just being parked.

Best S3 colours for me are estoril blue, misano red and ibis white - these colours all look fantastic when combined with black styling pack, privacy glass and pano roof - possibly even black roof bars on the Sportback.
    Completely agree.

Of course it's all personal preference, and some people are going to want to go for the stealth look, but as you say - the S3 is pretty understated in it's styling (I think the front of the 8P S3 is more aggressive) so I think colour choice for enhancing the new lines is very important.

I have gone for contrast in my SB - Glacier white, Pano roof, Black roof rails (thought silver against white would not show up well) privacy glass, super sport seats, didn't go for the black styling pack though as I think the chrome grille looks rather nice.

Having said all that - I enjoy looking at the new S3 in any colour.....(I'm yet to see Beluga Brown, I will probably never see it)
    gilesf likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post

Would agree with most of what you say, except that I would add Ice Silver and Glacier White to that list of best colours, they both look great on the S3. Black looks superb too but is high maintenance as you say, each to their own though. It will be fun doing some S3 spotting over the coming months!

3rd Gear

Status
    it does look subdued in the pictures, but I saw an RS4 in Panther last night with the chrome accentsand it looked great including the privacy IMO.

However, the S3 SB is a subtle looking machine anyway and I think any colour is never going to transform it's appearance. it just depends on whether the colour appeals.
    garethld likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I've had some great news today - After being told its going to be a January/February build, ive got a build date of w/c 4th November, I should have it by the end of November!!

I seem to remember someone posting that once you have a confirmed build date time this is the longest wait!

Now i just need to decide whether to have them prepare the pain or not. I have a couple of hour drive to get it home and don't really want the motorway drive without some form of protection. Any suggestions

Final build:

S3 Sportback, S-tronic
    Estoril Blue
    Comfort pack
    Roof rails
    Advanced Key
    B&O sound system
    Privacy Glass
    Tech pack with connect
    Tyre Pressure monitor
    Through Load
    97catalunya likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Completely agree.

Of course it's all personal preference, and some people are going to want to go for the stealth look, but as you say - the S3 is pretty understated in it's styling (I think the front of the 8P S3 is more aggressive) so I think colour choice for enhancing the new lines is very important.

I have gone for contrast in my SB - Glacier white, Pano roof, Black roof rails (thought silver against white would not show up well) privacy glass, super sport seats, didn't go for the black styling pack though as I think the chrome grille looks rather nice.

Having said all that - I enjoy looking at the new S3 in any colour.....(I'm yet to see Beluga Brown, I will probably never see it)
    Black roof rails and a chrome grill will look a little strange IMHO. Better have both the same?
    PilotAudi likes this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Black roof rails and a chrome grill will look a little strange IMHO. Better have both the same?
    I think given that the roof rails and pano roof are at the same part of the car they will match each other nicely being black (the pano only covers half the roof) and the silver trim around the windows on the Glacier White is barely visible (seen one in a showroom) so the chrome grille is kind of far away enough from all the black on the roof to be separate - if that makes sense...

My current Ibis white S3 has the pano roof and chrome grille and looks great, I think the front end of the new 8V looks even more conservative with the black styling pack given there are no fog lights, so I guess the chrome makes it look like there is more going on..

On the other hand - it could look completely ridiculous

I will be posting pics next week anyway so we shall see...
    gilesf likes this.

4th Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

http://instagram.com/p/fx0Z8EEw0a/

Not sure if this link will work on a pc/mac or whether it's a mobile only link. In any instance it shows the 'needle sweep'... Looks like pure sex.

2nd Gear

Status
    In any instance it shows the 'needle sweep'... Looks like pure sex.
    My Skoda Superb does that :D
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Instagram

Not sure if this link will work on a pc/mac or whether it's a mobile only link. In any instance it shows the 'needle sweep'... Looks like pure sex.
    why does there what looks like to be an R8 on MMI screen in the video?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    why does there what looks like to be an R8 on MMI screen in the video?
    I believe the video was taken at a motorshow. Audi must have been playing promo videos on the screens.

6th Gear

Status
    My car will enter a test mode with the dials and various sensor readouts when you press a combination of buttons on the steering wheel. Can a Audi A3 do this

Banned

Status
    The second car is definitely phantom. I remember locating the original post a while ago.

The first picture is pretty poor lighting so you can really see much of the fleck. Not sure that's even panther to be fair.
    I agree... a proper Black Black!!

Neutral

Status
    http://instagram.com/p/fx0Z8EEw0a/

I see this also has the coveted SS footrest.

4th Gear

Status
    Footrest again! Which I'd never mentioned the absence of it! Though as customers paying vast amounts of money for what is and I think we will all agree phenomenal cars I believe we have a write to know if and why it is not present on UK spec S3's when the brochure states the opposite. An email to UK Audi I fear is in order to hear it from the horses mouth rather than a dealer who could try and tell us anything to keep us away after collecting our cars.

Neutral

Status
    Footrest again! Which I'd never mentioned the absence of it! Though as customers paying vast amounts of money for what is and I think we will all agree phenomenal cars I believe we have a write to know if and why it is not present on UK spec S3's when the brochure states the opposite. An email to UK Audi I fear is in order to hear it from the horses mouth rather than a dealer who could try and tell us anything to keep us away after collecting our cars.
    I'm sorry. But I look for it now. I may not have even noticed it was missing had it not been pointed out. It's all your fault!! Ha.

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks Dan! (clears throat - never know how to spell out the sound you make when one clears their throat...so again, clears throat) you forgot to order full led lights?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    I see this also has the coveted SS footrest.
    LHD you see.No RHD cars have the SS footrest.

Neutral

Status
    I had to draw the line somewhere. Really wanted LEDs but luckily it's too late to order anything else. I'm too easily swayed.

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks Dan! (clears throat - never know how to spell out the sound you make when one clears their throat...so again, clears throat) you forgot to order full led lights?
    Ahemm!

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks Paul mate!

3rd Gear

Status
    back to the LED's - lets see some evidence of their potential / performance please !

Neutral

Status
    I'm not sure what they really offer. Okay the light maybe slightly better and they obviously make the car more desirable looking but £800 seems excessive IMHO.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Completely agree.

looks nice in white - they have one in audi slough - saw it 2 weeks ago, so check if its still there if you plan on viewing it, same as this but this one is in west London - hmm maybe they've moved it

Used - Audi - A3 HATCHBACK (S3 TFSI Quattro 3dr S Tronic) - West London Audi

the pano roof really does compliment the white car really well - looks better in the flesh than in the pic - ive gone for misano red though, as one at audi slough

Used - Audi - A3 SPORTBACK (S3 TFSI Quattro 5dr) - Slough Audi
    Last edited by royalsteve68; 23rd October 2013 at 20:01.
    Johnnyb and gilesf like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm not sure what they really offer. Okay the light maybe slightly better and they obviously make the car more desirable looking but £800 seems excessive IMHO.
    I'm uninterested in cost, just performance and feedback from real world users please

1st Gear

Status
    I had to draw the line somewhere. Really wanted LEDs but luckily it's too late to order anything else. I'm too easily swayed.
    I agree, the options go on and on, unless you have an indefinite budget you do have to draw the line somewhere. I'll be ordering xenon plus because I want the pano sunroof and budget won't stretch to both, sunroof is more important to me. As for footrest, just not an issue, will be happy to have the car period.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    back to the LED's - lets see some evidence of their potential / performance please !
    I think its just a fashion thing, they look nice - I didn't bother as the xenons are fine and you get daytime running leds and I think the led indicators as standard anyway so I couldn't see much benefit as they aren't exactly cheap - but id add them if someone could sell the benefits eg they are 10 times better than the xenons but I have seen nothing

4th Gear

Status
    I saw a video earlier that described headlights and taillights of a car as its jewellery & I couldn't agree more.

Headlights are the first thing you see on a car and are the parts that stand out most.

I don't believe the LED indicators, the ones which replace the DRL's, come on the xenons?
    Louay likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    looks nice in white - they have one in audi slough - saw it 2 weeks ago, so check if its still there if you plan on viewing it, same as this but this one is in west London - hmm maybe they've moved it

Used - Audi - A3 HATCHBACK (S3 TFSI Quattro 3dr S Tronic) - West London Audi

the pano roof really does compliment the white car really well - looks better in the flesh than in the pic - ive gone for misano red though, as one at audi slough

Used - Audi - A3 SPORTBACK (S3 TFSI Quattro 5dr) - Slough Audi
    Thanks for the links, yeah i have gone with white again, i know that they are common as muck these days, but i thought to myself that you've got to go with what you want for yourself, not what's "trendy" or dismissing it if it's a common colour......that's basing your colour choice on what other people think rather than you - the person spending the money and enjoying it...

Same goes for everyone on this thread i guess, we've all got our personal reasons with our choice, which is why it's good not to let any assumptious perceptions of others dictate our spec...

re: the Misano Red, this will be my third S3, my first was Red and i loved it, i think it's one of the best colours to show off all the chrome highlights around the rest of the car !
    gilesf likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I saw a video earlier that described headlights and taillights of a car as its jewellery & I couldn't agree more.

Headlights are the first thing you see on a car and are the parts that stand out most.

I don't believe the LED indicators, the ones which replace the DRL's, come on the xenons?
    Appreciate different opinions, I don't see headlights as being that important compared with other features of a car but each to their own. I'm no looking at headlights first either so I'm not sure about that point, they are just part of the package and indicators aren't something I see when I drive so not an issue. Each to their own, It's all very subjective.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    I don't see headlights as being that important
    daytime use only for you then gilesf ?

i live in NE Scotland, adjacent to Cairngorm National Park. Come this time of year, we end up with very little daylight and very low sun.

i'd suggest that headlights are one of the most important features of any motor car as well as tyre selection.

but then i like to drive and drive hard as well as drive safely............
    thedooker likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Exicitment level dropped several notches when the dealer rang me to tell me the my car had a different spec. to the order .
    The mag ride had not been fitted!!!
    Do you think that will make much difference to the handling/feel of the car? Are the modes provided (Comfort/Efficiency/Dynamic/auto) sufficient; am I loosing much without it?

Any help apreciated.
    Last edited by NotquiteWelsh; 23rd October 2013 at 20:59.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    Exicitment level dropped several notches when the dealer rang me to tell me the my car had a different spec. to the order .
    The mag ride had not been fitted!!!
    Do you think that will make much difference to the handling/feel of the car? Are the modes provided (Comfort/Efficiency/Dynamic/auto) sufficient; am I loosing much without it?

Any help apreciated.
    Wow! Sorry to hear that.

Although if it helps - i have not read a good thing said about the mag ride before, especially on this new S3, and i have read plenty of reviews to remember! The consenus seems to be that the ride is WAY too hard, and that the Dynamic and even standard modes are more than sufficient.

This type of thing scares me with the dealers, i even got mine to print off my final spec list and signed it (not that it could make much of a difference) as i'd hate for mine to arrive with something big missing from it.

How common is this anyone?

Anyway NQW - i honestly believe you got off lightly, so don't be disheartened.
    NotquiteWelsh likes this.