2013 Audi S3

Hi Everyone,
Been following the forum for a while now but not contributed as yet - just picking up a few tips on discount, options, colours etc. before I moved on anything - and have to say you've all been worth your weight in gold. Went for a test drive at Bolton Audi in a Misano Red S-tronic Sportback, loved it (except the s-tronic, but more of that later) and asked what discount they were offering or prepared to discuss. Conversation went something like this:

Me: So what discount are you able to offer?
Salesman: Nothing
Me: What, nothing at all?
Salesman: No
Me: What about options then, have we got any flexibiltiy or anywhere to go with a deal?
Salesman: No. I get about 20 S3's allocated per year, it's a new car so I can sell them all at full price.
Me: Okay, 'bye then (mouth) 'Feck you!' (inside my head).

Took the tip about Orange wheels and UK Broker discounts to Huddersfield Audi yesterday and thrashed out a mutually agreeable deal with a nice young sales guy and got 6% discount if I signed on the dotted line that day. Which I did! I am now the proud owner of a build slot for March next year of the following:

Audi S3 Sportback 6 speed manual
Estoril Blue w. Lunar Silver full leather
Privacy glass
Aluminium roof rails
LED lights
Bang & Olufsen sound
Tech pack
Non-smoker pack
Comfort pack w. cruise control and parking sensors (rear)
Folding, heated door mirrors
Interior light pack

I know a lot of you guys love the s-tronic, and I've tried to, believe me, but like everything else in life it's a matter of choice/preference, and I like manual gearboxes. Still trying to decide on the keyless entry option though......
Had a previous model S3 hatch in 2008; beautiful it was, Sprint Blue with Black/Silver leather; I say 'had' 'cos I had it for about 3 months before 3 enterprising young ar*eholes decided to break into my house at 2 am, nick my jacket, passport, driving licence and of course the S3 (I know this 'cos my neighbour's got it on CCTV). Anyhoo, it's taken 5 years for the wife to get over this and finally feel happy enough to let me have another S3, so wish me luck!

Reactions: T-800
Hi Everyone,
Been following the forum for a while now but not contributed as yet - just picking up a few tips on discount, options, colours etc. before I moved on anything - and have to say you've all been worth your weight in gold. Went for a test drive at Bolton Audi in a Misano Red S-tronic Sportback, loved it (except the s-tronic, but more of that later) and asked what discount they were offering or prepared to discuss. Conversation went something like this:

Me: So what discount are you able to offer?
Salesman: Nothing
Me: What, nothing at all?
Salesman: No
Me: What about options then, have we got any flexibiltiy or anywhere to go with a deal?
Salesman: No. I get about 20 S3's allocated per year, it's a new car so I can sell them all at full price.
Me: Okay, 'bye then (mouth) 'Feck you!' (inside my head).

Took the tip about Orange wheels and UK Broker discounts to Huddersfield Audi yesterday and thrashed out a mutually agreeable deal with a nice young sales guy and got 6% discount if I signed on the dotted line that day. Which I did! I am now the proud owner of a build slot for March next year of the following:

Privacy glass
Aluminium roof rails
LED lights
Bang & Olufsen sound
Tech pack
Non-smoker pack
Interior light pack

I know a lot of you guys love the s-tronic, and I've tried to, believe me, but like everything else in life it's a matter of choice/preference, and I like manual gearboxes. Still trying to decide on the keyless entry option though......
Had a previous model S3 hatch in 2008; beautiful it was, Sprint Blue with Black/Silver leather; I say 'had' 'cos I had it for about 3 months before 3 enterprising young ar*eholes decided to break into my house at 2 am, nick my jacket, passport, driving licence and of course the S3 (I know this 'cos my neighbour's got it on CCTV). Anyhoo, it's taken 5 years for the wife to get over this and finally feel happy enough to let me have another S3, so wish me luck!

Hi Mikedog,

Thats very interesting about Bolton Audi. I spoke to them and was gonig to arrange a test drive (I actually want S-Tronic as im sick of my manual), but hadnt got as far as talking money. From what you sday i'd be wasting my time, absolutely no point test driving, getting excited and then being met by a brick wall. To let a buyer walk away seems astonishing, even if S3's are selling well you only have to look at other posts on here to see that some dealers ARE prepared to negotiate, and you proved that with Huddersfield. Thanks for the tip off, i'll give Bolton a wide berth. Good luck and happy motoring in March!!

Just seen a black one at my local dealer. Cr@p weather and have to admit I had to do a double take to check of it was an S3. I think it needs a slightly bolder colour to stand out.
Proper q-car appeal though in the subtler colours.

Yeah, I second that. A new S3 tried (I emphasise, tried) to over take me as I joined a dual carriage way at the weekend and it wasn't exactly apparent that it was an S3... the whole Q car thing doesn't appeal to me at all. The new S3 is even duller than the last iteration to look at - don't get me wrong, it looks good in an understated way, but the only way to improve that is with colour choice. I'm pretty much set on the same bright blue (forget the Audi name for it) as I had on my TTRS. Just annoying that you have to pay so much extra for what was an option colour for the S3. Solar orange is missing as an option too and the S3 SB in that colour looks the nuts...

Yeah, I second that. A new S3 tried (I emphasise, tried) to over take me as I joined a dual carriage way at the weekend and it wasn't exactly apparent that it was an S3... the whole Q car thing doesn't appeal to me at all. The new S3 is even duller than the last iteration to look at - don't get me wrong, it looks good in an understated way, but the only way to improve that is with colour choice. I'm pretty much set on the same bright blue (forget the Audi name for it) as I had on my TTRS. Just annoying that you have to pay so much extra for what was an option colour for the S3. Solar orange is missing as an option too and the S3 SB in that colour looks the nuts...

As the latest RS6 advert would say, I prefer my power from a less obvious place.

As soon as you start slapping garish colours on a car like the S3 you're inviting boy racers to tailgate you & even at 23 (an age where people still assume I go racing around every bend I can see) I really can't be ***** inviting trouble.

It's all about class and you don't get that by being overt.

Reactions: Aran383, Battlekrapz, Louay and 4 others
Hi Gilesf,
Thanks for the good wishes. I wouldn't want to give Audi Bolton a bad rap overall, as I (and friends of mine) have had a number of cars off them over the years and they've been brilliant, I just found this particular guy to be somewhat intransigent and, as you say, like a brick wall. The guy I normally deal with there has been off sick for a while but is apparently back next month and I'd always recommend him as he's always looked after me - I just couldn't wait that long to order my S3! I was at Blackburn too and they seemed to indicate they might be willing to entertain the idea of some discount but I didn't get down to discussing figures with them, largely as I'd just bought one! They've got a Glacier White SB s-tronic with the red seat inserts which I took for a spin nevertheless, so might be worth chancing your arm with them?

what to people think of sat nav, a must in the S3? im looking to keep the car next to standard but dont want to cause issue come trade in.

Most people expect Nav in a car like an S3 now and in 2/3/5 years time I reckon it will be a big handicap not having it!!

Reactions: Dylock and kenny_boon
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SilureMark
It's very apparent to me that you can get a very different customer experience depending on the Audi dealer you go to. My advise is got to at least two, ideally three. Then play them off against each other. That's what I do and get what I want! Not offering a test drive - I'd f'ing have the sales manager in front of me double quick if someone said that to me! Stand up for yourselves! You're the customer - ****** well make them realise it! There's an S3 demonstrator in glacier with all the right options coming into my nearest dealer in two weeks - I've got a test drive and a £2.5k discount (if I want it come December) lined up already :yes: it'll probably only need a set of 19" sportec alloys in gloss black adding and it'll be bang on for me...

See you have changed your sig from the TT-RS+ to the Cayman ... that was delivered quick !
How are you finding the Cayman vs the TT-RS+ then ?
Would be great to see some pictures of the beast in addition to your experience of the car against the 4 wheel drive TT :thumbsup:

SilureMark ....

Did you ever reply to this post from 4 weeks ago out of interest ?

Funny you should say that...there was a Panther Black S3 at Aberdeen Audi a couple of weeks back and the fact that it looked bronze in certain light is exactly what I liked about it (haven't ordered Panther Black though).

That's why we are sticking with Phantom Black.. a consistently great colour, this will be our 7th Audi in PB so look at the savings on touch up sticks!

Having spoken to my dealer today he has told my car has build week 5. Ideal only ordered on 9th Oct. So looking bang on for March delivery. :yahoo:

Ps after my recent extended test drive in 2 S3 SBs I cannot recall whether they had a stainless foot rest. Once you drive your S3s I am sure its the last thing you will think of !

We ordered 25/09 and were originally told week 7, now amended to week 5...

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall
As the latest RS6 advert would say, I prefer my power from a less obvious place.

As soon as you start slapping garish colours on a car like the S3 you're inviting boy racers to tailgate you & even at 23 (an age where people still assume I go racing around every bend I can see) I really can't be ***** inviting trouble.

I agree. Colour is a very personal choice, lots of people on here ordering black and estoril, both great colours.I like the glacier white and ice silver as they show off the lines well, I just couldnt bring myself to drive orange or yellow but appreciate that some people love those colours. What I like about the S3 is the understated nature of it, im 40 and I couldnt care less what anyone thinks of the car I drive or its colour. For me the S3 offers a great package of sportiness, practicality, looks and enough space for my kids when needed, im not interested in boy racers driving their modified hairdryers.

Reactions: Lmg and Louay

Hi, what would you call garish colours Paul. As colours are a personal choice the surely Audi could let us, without spending a fortune, have a greater choice than just the dark Germanic ones that are in the majority. I have seen pictures of the A3 saloon in performance blue and candy red and it looks absolutely stunning in my eye. To me it would be irreverlant if it attracted boy racers as you don't have to take them on...

Hi Mikedog,

Thanks for that, will try Blackburn. I drive a Q5 at the moment which I also bought from Bolton Audi, but it was 2nd hand, this is my first experience of buying new. As you say, could just have been the 1 sales guy and another might see it differently. Thats very interesting that Blackburn have a glacier white, im torn between that and silver so will definitely go over for a test drive, also want to experience the S-Tronic as mine's a manual. Cheers for that.

Orange, pink, purple, yellow... I can't be bothered to list most of the colours in a rainbow. I wouldn't consider red a garish colour as even on my short commute each morning I'll see a big bunch of them & they seem to just blend in with the crowd now.

Mercedes offer a big bunch of bright colours on the new A class and I wasn't really a fan of any other than mountain grey, then again Mercedes have specifically stated that they are aiming to target younger drivers with the A class which isn't necessarily true with the A & S3.

I know you don't have to take them on but there isn't much you can do to stop somebody hanging onto the back of your bumper other than pulling over at the side of the road and letting them past. It always makes me worried, especially when driving at night, that an animal will jump out in front of the car forcing me to break & then getting rear-ended by some toss pot who thought it was a good idea to challenge you!

Reactions: gilesf
Most people expect Nav in a car like an S3 now and in 2/3/5 years time I reckon it will be a big handicap not having it!!

thanks mate, tbh i think you are right, might buy it without and then retro fit it after a while

I agree. Colour is a very personal choice, lots of people on here ordering black and estoril, both great colours.I like the glacier white and ice silver as they show off the lines well, I just couldnt bring myself to drive orange or yellow but appreciate that some people love those colours. What I like about the S3 is the understated nature of it, im 40 and I couldnt care less what anyone thinks of the car I drive or its colour. For me the S3 offers a great package of sportiness, practicality, looks and enough space for my kids when needed, im not interested in boy racers driving their modified hairdryers.

Couldn't agree more mate, you're a man after my own heart. I've always had a nagging feeling that my Sprint Blue paint on the old stolen S3 attracted the unwanted attention in the first place. I've gone with Estoril as I think it gives you a bit of the best of both worlds, Q car-ish in normal or dull light (which let's face it, it tends to here in the North West), yet attractive without being too 'look at me' in bright sunlight. I too want a well-built, understated but quick, practical car where I can use the power when needs be but not drive like I've got a baseball cap on back to front most of the time; enter all that into the computer - Audi S3!

Reactions: Lmg and T-800
Hi Mikedog,

Thanks for that, will try Blackburn. I drive a Q5 at the moment which I also bought from Bolton Audi, but it was 2nd hand, this is my first experience of buying new. As you say, could just have been the 1 sales guy and another might see it differently. Thats very interesting that Blackburn have a glacier white, im torn between that and silver so will definitely go over for a test drive, also want to experience the S-Tronic as mine's a manual. Cheers for that.

Don't be thinking of any type of discount from Blackburn. They are part of the group 'Blackburn-Preston-Carlisle' and Carlisle do cars for a broker, they sales guy knew this, but he couldn't convince the sales manager to knock a single penny off! even the sales guy says it's a joke, that I could just go to a broker and get it from a dealer in there group for less!

I am now the proud owner of a build slot for March next year of the following:

Privacy glass
Aluminium roof rails
LED lights
Bang & Olufsen sound
Tech pack
Non-smoker pack
Interior light pack

Be warned, non-smoker pack = the deletion of the rather sexy coin pot (ashtray) which if you retrospectively try and buy will cost you £40, make sure they are including one when spec'ing your car!

Big thank you to you guys on here, ordered my S3 today from a dealer and managed a 5.5% discount, would never of held out for that much without knowing about some of the cracking deals people have got and posted on here.

S3 Sportback
Monsoon Grey, metallic, Black interior

Acoustic parking system
Advanced key
Aluminium roof rails
Audi Phone Box
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Comfort package
Cruise control
Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
Interior lighting package
LED headlights
Super Sports seats
Technology package
Through-load facility
Tyre pressure loss indicator

Will be a March new plate car, a long wait but should be worth it.

Don't be thinking of any type of discount from Blackburn. They are part of the group 'Blackburn-Preston-Carlisle' and Carlisle do cars for a broker, they sales guy knew this, but he couldn't convince the sales manager to knock a single penny off! even the sales guy says it's a joke, that I could just go to a broker and get it from a dealer in there group for less!

OK, will bear that in mind. My interest in Blackburn was really just to see the glacier white and have a test drive, I don't care how many dealers I call but 5/6% should be achievable eventually.

Couldn't agree more mate, you're a man after my own heart. I've always had a nagging feeling that my Sprint Blue paint on the old stolen S3 attracted the unwanted attention in the first place. I've gone with Estoril as I think it gives you a bit of the best of both worlds, Q car-ish in normal or dull light (which let's face it, it tends to here in the North West), yet attractive without being too 'look at me' in bright sunlight. I too want a well-built, understated but quick, practical car where I can use the power when needs be but not drive like I've got a baseball cap on back to front most of the time; enter all that into the computer - Audi S3!

Well, could have something to do with my age!!! I'm not what you'd call an old 40 though and the S3 should knock a few years off! While I would love an S4 or 6, they are sadly out of my budget and nice as the Q5 is, I want a drivers car that is fun and like you say, doesn't shout too much. Nightmare about your stolen car and gear, cars getting stolen a lot currently, get those keys out of sight at night!! Estoril looks a great colour, it was my 1st choice but having seen the white and silver I prefer those, at least you'll have a S3 exclusive colour!! Sadly my wife isn't very keen on my choice but then again, she wants a LR Defender for her next motor so that's hardly surprising!!

Well, could have something to do with my age!!! I'm not what you'd call an old 40 though and the S3 should knock a few years off! While I would love an S4 or 6, they are sadly out of my budget and nice as the Q5 is, I want a drivers car that is fun and like you say, doesn't shout too much. Nightmare about your stolen car and gear, cars getting stolen a lot currently, get those keys out of sight at night!! Estoril looks a great colour, it was my 1st choice but having seen the white and silver I prefer those, at least you'll have a S3 exclusive colour!! Sadly my wife isn't very keen on my choice but then again, she wants a LR Defender for her next motor so that's hardly surprising!!

Yeah, same with me re. age, cos I'm 52 but 'not what you'd call old' as you put it! Same with me about the S4 too. The thing we see differently on though is the car key issue, as after my old S3 got nicked, the police told me the best thing was that my keys were downstairs otherwise those 3 would've been upstairs and I can't take them all on.....Plus if they'd got upstairs I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't still be in this house, and that'd have cost me more than the lost S3! As it was GAP insurance covered it, but pretty unnerving to know that someone's been crawling around your house in the dead of night - as it was we didn't know it'd gone till we opened the front door in the morning. So it's keys downstairs all the way for me - a piece of metal I can replace, but if anything happened to the missus cos of my choice of motor, well........

Exitiment upped by several notches today; look what was delivered to the dealer today:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:yahoo:

Reactions: Lmg, gilesf and the_lecht_rocks
Exitiment upped by several notches today; look what was delivered to the dealer today:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:yahoo:

YES!!!

You are seriously gonna have to try keep yourself busy for the next day or two mate!!! You won't know what to do with yourself...

P.S. Was the bit of blue foam stuck to the bumper an added option? Maybe us UK buyers get the foam and Europe gets the steel dead pedal...

Congrats!!

Last edited:
Yeah, same with me re. age, cos I'm 52 but 'not what you'd call old' as you put it! Same with me about the S4 too. The thing we see differently on though is the car key issue, as after my old S3 got nicked, the police told me the best thing was that my keys were downstairs otherwise those 3 would've been upstairs and I can't take them all on.....Plus if they'd got upstairs I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't still be in this house, and that'd have cost me more than the lost S3! As it was GAP insurance covered it, but pretty unnerving to know that someone's been crawling around your house in the dead of night - as it was we didn't know it'd gone till we opened the front door in the morning. So it's keys downstairs all the way for me - a piece of metal I can replace, but if anything happened to the missus cos of my choice of motor, well........

Yes, what I meant was keep the car keys out of visual sight of the front door, I.e. Letterbox etc - we hang ours in a cupboard downstairs, def not upstairs. Grim episode for you to go through, if they want to steal car keys, TV's etc that's one thing but you take someone on and god knows what happens, not worth it unless it's a last option. We live on a nice estate but cars still get nabbed and guess what they go for ......audi's, beamers etc....

YES!!!

P.S. Was the blue bit of foam stuck to the bumper an added option? Maybe us UK buyers get the foam and Europe gets the steel dead pedal...

Congrats!!

It is the Blue Plus parking sensor option; the other one is on the front:idea:

Reactions: Johnnyb
YES!!!

You are seriously gonna have to try keep yourself busy for the next day or two mate!!! You won't know what to do with yourself...

Congrats!!

THanks

Next Monday has always been the projected handover date for a few weeks now. So I will have to wait till then.

Then they can buy the £500 card for themselves, unlike many items on the audi, it can be added later.

Yes, what I meant was keep the car keys out of visual sight of the front door, I.e. Letterbox etc - we hang ours in a cupboard downstairs, def not upstairs. Grim episode for you to go through, if they want to steal car keys, TV's etc that's one thing but you take someone on and god knows what happens, not worth it unless it's a last option. We live on a nice estate but cars still get nabbed and guess what they go for ......audi's, beamers etc....

Fair enough mate, sorry, misunderstood what you meant. I was talking to a guy at our place recently and he said they nicked two Audis off his estate in the same night - seems that burglars share the same taste in quality motors that we do! Anyway, enough of this depressing stuff, we'll be upsetting all the guys patiently (in most cases!) awaiting delivery of their S3's! Back to the fun stuff of colours, options etc!

Fair enough mate, sorry, misunderstood what you meant. I was talking to a guy at our place recently and he said they nicked two Audis off his estate in the same night - seems that burglars share the same taste in quality motors that we do! Anyway, enough of this depressing stuff, we'll be upsetting all the guys patiently (in most cases!) awaiting delivery of their S3's! Back to the fun stuff of colours, options etc!

Yep, thieves know a good car when they see one sadly. Some fantastic pics appearing of new motors now, lucky fellas!! Seriously, since I found this site I've changed my colour at least 3 times and produced god knows how many specs on the audi configurator, still deciding! Cant order mine until Dec as it's a company car and isn't due to change until June time, bummer!! Still, patience is a virtue and there is plenty on this page to keep us all going!

Just a note on the foot rest, mine is black plastic (which I quite like) and I'm pretty sure every left hand drive I've seen has had the metal. I guess they see it more when stepping over it to get it. Sorry if that's been said before.