Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 43 of 156 FirstFirst ... 333637383940414243444546474849505393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,720 of 6213
Like Tree3377Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Hi, I've noticed that, with my offer, the final payment went up with the decrease of the monthly payment when my mileage allowance was changed to 5k...
    Can you recall what the figures were before and after?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Can you recall what the figures were before and after?

Hi, yes I have the figures saved. The final payment @ 10k was £10690.35 and @ 5k it is £12141.95. The figures are based on a 4 year contract..

4th Gear

Status
    And how many years was that over? For what model and what did you actually save per month?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    The final payment goes up because it's based on car value at that time and with less milage it will be worth more.

6th Gear

Status
    Its over 4 years and I saved £27.47, which is equal to the increased final payment over the period on the loan. Swings and roundabouts...

4th Gear

Status
    Bingo, cheers mate. I'll get on the phone to my dealer tomorrow! Car dealer that is.

6th Gear

Status
    No problem, glad to be of help...

3rd Gear

Status
    Got a shot of the dealers RS4 for a couple of days, they have my S5 as someone is interested in buying it.

it has the panoramic sunroof in it. It also has a fair few rattling noises from the roof area.
    Not an option I'd ever select anyway, but hope the S3 doesn't rattle like that for those that have.

What a noise the engine in the RS4 makes, brutal acceleration too.

1st Gear

Status
    Got my S3!! The first pictures, more to follow.

IMG_2277_bewerkt.jpg IMG_2278_bewerkt.jpg IMG_2279_bewerkt.jpg
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

4th Gear

Status
    Managed to find a video of the instruments at night. Also, is it me or can you hear the music getting louder as the noise from the wind, road and engine increase? Is this the feature people were talking about with the B&O?

Ecosphere, Lmg and lotus like this.

6th Gear

Status
    Probably auto volume is on...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    What did you add?

How late to an order can you order an option?
    super sports seats, mono pur finish, and something else... Only thing left is the sunroof I think !

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    super sports seats, mono pur finish, and something else... Only thing left is the sunroof I think !
    Couldn't resist the Sports seats in the end then!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Couldn't resist the Sports seats in the end then!
    i am now having panther black with the silver bars and surrounds, so having the sports seats to match made sense.....

Also I had a seat in a new RS6 and it had the same seat which is an improvement on the standard seat, which I was surprised by. The head restraint is better positioned and they are more comfortable with a bit more support laterally.
    Louay likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    i am now having panther black with the silver bars and surrounds, so having the sports seats to match made sense.....

Also I had a seat in a new RS6 and it had the same seat which is an improvement on the standard seat, which I was surprised by. The head restraint is better positioned and they are more comfortable with a bit more support laterally.
    When did you place your order mate? I just can't decide between the super sports and the alcantara! I'm not too fussed about the price I just want what looks & feels best!

3rd Gear

Status
    When did you place your order mate? I just can't decide between the super sports and the alcantara! I'm not too fussed about the price I just want what looks & feels best!
    few weeks ago. Car is now pushing £42k so I'm not sure they're too worried about accommodating my upgrades lol.....
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Haha, no I can't imagine they are. Do you think that the super sports seats are one of those options that will make the remaining balance at the end of a pcp contract higher? Most options don't effect this price.

3rd Gear

Status
    Haha, no I can't imagine they are. Do you think that the super sports seats are one of those options that will make the remaining balance at the end of a pcp contract higher? Most options don't effect this price.
    i have no idea, fortunately, I always buy cars cash.
    depreciating asset and paying interest on the pleasure makes zero sense to me !

4th Gear

Status
    i have no idea, fortunately, I always buy cars cash.
    depreciating asset and paying interest on the pleasure makes zero sense to me !
    I've always been a firm believer that cash is king so I'd rather have it in the bank. Especially at 23 and running a company I'd rather have the money around to invest in growing the business!

3rd Gear

Status
    I've always been a firm believer that cash is king so I'd rather have it in the bank. Especially at 23 and running a company I'd rather have the money around to invest in growing the business!
    im somewhat older than you however. Interest on the PCP sits at 6.4% or thereabouts. Nowhere can you get 6.4% on 40k in a bank in this climate.

i reckon a 40k S3 on PCP would cost around £4500 or so in charges over 3 years. That's great business for audi finance, bad business for the private punter...

3rd Gear

Status
    im somewhat older than you however. Interest on the PCP sits at 6.4% or thereabouts. Nowhere can you get 6.4% on 40k in a bank in this climate.

i reckon a 40k S3 on PCP would cost around £4500 or so in charges over 3 years. That's great business for audi finance, bad business for the private punter...
    an don't forget you're paying interest on the full value which is depreciating at an enormous rate. Best bet is cash purchase and run for a minimum of 6 years from an ownership perspective.....but then again I hate to think how much I've wasted on cars and bikes in the last 25 years haha!

4th Gear

Status

Yeah I completely agree, and should I ever have enough in the bank to feel that a cash payment of 40k or so in order to save £4500 doesn't prevent me from investing in the business I definitely would go that route. Maybe in 4 years time if all goes well & I win the lottery!
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah I completely agree, and should I ever have enough in the bank to feel that a cash payment of 40k or so in order to save £4500 doesn't prevent me from investing in the business I definitely would go that route. Maybe in 4 years time if all goes well & I win the lottery!
    good luck with that !

4th Gear

Status
    build week 7 2014, for a March 1st delivery. Confirmed today.
    paullowther likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    I'm the same.....!
    Louay likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    NEW PLATES!
    Louay likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    what to do in the mean time? search for some 19"s! buy LED's for glove box and any other bulbs that need replacing to LED because Audi couldn't complete this simple task with the interior light option pack! lol some graphics to go on headrests of super sports seats and sides of the car? suggestions anyone?

these (in silver)

AUDI Rings Premium Side Skirt Decals Stickers TT A2 A3 A4 Q5 R8 S-line Quattro | eBay

or

AUDI S3 Premium Side Skirt Decals Stickers TT A2 A3 A4 RS Q5 R8 S-line Quattro | eBay

for the headrests

AUDI S3 Premium Brake Caliper Decals Stickers TT A3 A4 RS Q5 R8 S-line Quattro | eBay

thoughts guys/girls

4th Gear

Status
    The brake cal decals looks like the standard ones anyway? Am I missing something?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382280038.450414.jpg

3rd Gear

Status
    what to do in the mean time? search for some 19"s! buy LED's for glove box and any other bulbs that need replacing to LED because Audi couldn't complete this simple task with the interior light option pack! lol some graphics to go on headrests of super sports seats and sides of the car? suggestions anyone?

these (in silver)

AUDI Rings Premium Side Skirt Decals Stickers TT A2 A3 A4 Q5 R8 S-line Quattro | eBay

or

AUDI S3 Premium Side Skirt Decals Stickers TT A2 A3 A4 RS Q5 R8 S-line Quattro | eBay

for the headrests

AUDI S3 Premium Brake Caliper Decals Stickers TT A3 A4 RS Q5 R8 S-line Quattro | eBay

thoughts guys/girls
    all bloody awful IMHOIMHO

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    On my extended test drives had some wet weather and pushed the car hard out of corners to test it. Most of time the S3 will be front wheel drive and transfers some drive to rear when front grip struggles. You could feel this happen but only when it really was being pushed hard. It only felt like slight understeer before I booted it then it seemed pretty neutral.

Also - I have seen test vids (dutch i think - with sub titles!) when they talk of S3 having a natural 4 wheel drift under power on loose/slippery surfaces so not understeer or oversteer.

I recall from somewhere that the max posisble power split front to rear is 85/15 %. But it def works well
    HPA do switchable race and competition controllers for haldex boxes which sort this problem out.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

4th Gear

Status
    all bloody awful IMHOIMHO
    really that bad?

4th Gear

Status
    I know this is off topic but WOW (he puts his foot down at about 3:25)

and I'd have to agree with the_lecht_rocks louay, not a fan of adding any of those decals, but the LED's and 19's sound like a good plan - was thinking of doing this myself.

1st Gear

Status
    Calliper stickers not needed, S3 sticker looks stupid, the four rings.. Im in two minds about, I have seen on some cars and looked nice, other cars looked a bit stupid, I guess it size and colour dependent.

I think the silver mirrors are the statement on the S3, and the four exhaust tips at the rear.
    paullowther likes this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    Managed to find a video of the instruments at night. Also, is it me or can you hear the music getting louder as the noise from the wind, road and engine increase? Is this the feature people were talking about with the B&O?

It's called GALA. Depending on the interior noise the B&O compensates the volume of the speaker. I think every Audi with premium sound system has it.
    paullowther and Lmg like this.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post
    It's called GALA. Depending on the interior noise the B&O compensates the volume of the speaker. I think every Audi with premium sound system has it.
    Cheers mate. How you getting on with your newly delivered car? I saw the pics earlier and it looks beautiful!

Neutral

Status
    I thought that all Audi stereos had GALA fitted, my last couple did and they had standard systems.

I did a quick insurance quote last night via confused and was quite happy with the results.
    Less than £200 full comp, 15 yrs NCD, protected, 12000 MPA including 3000 business. £350XS.
    The quote was less than my Q3 TDI.
    S3 Sportback Solid Red, S-Tronic, Techno, Comfort, Privacy, Interior Lights, Alcantara/Leather, Advanced Key, Aluminium Roof Rails.

3rd Gear

Status
    Well, for me a first I have considered an Audi as they certainly aren't cheap with a few options especially when compared to other makes.

I currently have a pug 307xsi which I bought new for £12.5K - its been fine over the past 10 years and 103K miles except a new ecu at 3.5 years and the odd software fueling issue for a short term during the 1st 2 months, a 15 year old fiesta and merc a class

Fancied something nicer to drive - the pug is great but a bit dull to drive - lots sporty but it isn't but it was far better than the fat and slow golf at the time

Test drove the golf gti last version not the current one but was a little underwhelmed and then saw a GTI but didn't like the interior. I think going back to the tartan seats is a mistake - looks old and tacky now - or maybe im getting old, lol!

I sat an the a3 and then the s3 and was impressed with the cabin - only downside was it felt more cramped than the pug but was far better quality and also you have to PAY for some options even on the s3 that were INCLUDED on the 10 year old pug - sort it out Audi - eg auto lights, auto wipers, auto folding mirrors - yes, standard on a 10 year old Pug that cost me £12.5K

test drove an s3 and I was hooked - cant understand comments re: hard ride - my heavily modded lowered pug 205 1.9 gti was 10 times harder,lol.

ordered an s3, finally but darn DTD price has gone up so near 6% discount now - dealer matched it to about 0.2%

misano red - touch decision it was this colour or estoril bue - but I saw a white one in audi slough and it looked great with the pan roof

manual - hated autos

b & O speakers

comfort pack (didn't want driver assistance so opted for this, parking assist and high beam assist and "saved" a few £100 options like lane assist that I couldn't care less about)

parking assist plus with park assist

Tech pack ( couldn't see the benefit of the £1800 orver this £1500 option)

allumium roof rails

folding mirrors

interior light pack

privacy glass

pan sunroof (I wasn't going to bother until id seen the white one at audi - looks nice and esp in white really complements the car)

high beam assist

otr 37035
    I paid 34900

a lot of money for small family sized car but what the hell. I did look at the s4 avant but it felt too long. I also see that the rs4 is £599/mth on finance that's very tempting until you spec it and spending under £10K on options was near impossible and fuel costs will be high so I gave up on that. the s3 is the perfect blend of pace, practicality and quality

ordered on 18/10

cant wait - reckon itll be ready for the next reg plate

laughably I did an insurance quote on the s3 and it was the same as my 10 year old pug and £50/yr more than my 15 year old fiesta - daft - about £300/yr - I guess there are some things that are better when you are older
    Last edited by royalsteve68; 20th October 2013 at 18:17.
    gilesf likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Wow awesome, I think there is a fine line between determination to win and insanity

Unfortunately ill bet and he should be disqualified for not obeying the yellow flag and he only just missed the stationary race car, so whilst he was impressive he was reckless and an accident waiting to happen

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    Wow awesome, I think there is a fine line between determination to win and insanity

Unfortunately ill bet and he should be disqualified for not obeying the yellow flag and he only just missed the stationary race car, so whilst he was impressive he was reckless and an accident waiting to happen
    Well yes. Thing that struck me the most was not the lifting off [freewheeling?] on some of the bends at the bottom of the run, it was the attention being paid to cleaning the tyres, at least twice then gets to the start line and drives over concrete and the tyres are covered in sh_it!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Well.. I sent the following nicely worded email to Richard Saunders the company director of DTD as follows...

Dear Richard,

I paid £34.95 for a printed quotation on the 14th October 13 for an Audi S3 sportback, the discount at that time was around 8.5%. I telephoned this morning, just three days later wishing to purchase the vehicle and was informed by a member of your staff that the discount had changed to circa 6.5% and that the quote would not be honoured. I have effectively paid £34.95 for nothing. I think in this instance it would be fair to refund me the cost of the quotation. Please find attached a pdf copy of the purchased quote.

kind regards

------------------------------

and the reply :

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your email.

The printed quotation that you paid for was provided, therefore you have
    received what you paid for.

The fact that our deals change from time to time is irrelevant.

Regards,

Richard Sanders.
    ------------------------------
    Well you can't blame a boy for trying. Don't agree with the logic, I am glad I didn't use DTD in the end. Who says money doesn't grow on trees

I think I will set up a website, charge for printable car quotations and when a customer actually makes an enquiry for purchase slash the discount and not honour the quote.. hang on I think someones thought of that one already I'm not bitter at all, honest!
    I didn't need a quote, tell the lazy audi dealer to log to DTD and get the quote when you are there otherwise go elsewhere

reading audi did a deal for me at 6% - happy with that - shame as I was looking at 8.5% last week and they offered 6%, then went in Friday 18/10 and DTD was at about 6.3%, so my plan to get another 1% backfired. there's a moral there, do wait too long!!