2013 Audi S3

T2eC16NHJGwFFZHSY9fBSenqOUiw48 1

So glad i went with the hyper silver alloys, estoril and rails.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
ive got Brilliant black at the moment and it's very nice when clean, but it shows every mark! Never again for me!

where they ok over the phone asking for a discount? I'd be interested in doing this but find it hard enough asking in the show room.

I've got a black pearlescent car at the moment, I don't find it too bad. I will just have to put extra effort in to keep it clean. :happy:

Absolutely fine, I told them the broker prices of 8/8.5% rang two local dealers, the first offered 6% then rang the other who gave 7%. I think you just need to sound keen and that you will get down and sign the paperwork the same day. Prior to phoning I went to another local dealership who gave 5% without too much trouble but wouldn't budge from there without "proof" of printed broker quotes and even then there was no guarantee of further discount, I switched off at that point.

I've got a black pearlescent car at the moment, I don't find it too bad. I will just have to put extra effort in to keep it clean. :happy:

Absolutely fine, I told them the broker prices of 8/8.5% rang two local dealers, the first offered 6% then rang the other who gave 7%. I think you just need to sound keen and that you will get down and sign the paperwork the same day. Prior to phoning I went to another local dealership who gave 5% without too much trouble but wouldn't budge from there without "proof" of printed broker quotes and even then there was no guarantee of further discount, I switched off at that point.

Good to here, none of the north west dealers seem to be giving anything off! But problem is, some are owned by same group, so will have the same stance on discounts. I really need to get my self into gear, and get a car sorted!

Just a word of warning, drive the deal have recently cut the discount to about 6.5% from around 8.5%. I purchased a printed quotation for the price of £35 just 3 days ago before the cut and enquired today about purchasing and DTD stated they would not honour the quote!. So I have paid £35 for thin air, I asked about a refund for the quotation and was told no refund, however I could write an email to the company director and plea with him, grrr.

Well.. I sent the following nicely worded email to Richard Saunders the company director of DTD as follows...

Dear Richard,

I paid £34.95 for a printed quotation on the 14th October 13 for an Audi S3 sportback, the discount at that time was around 8.5%. I telephoned this morning, just three days later wishing to purchase the vehicle and was informed by a member of your staff that the discount had changed to circa 6.5% and that the quote would not be honoured. I have effectively paid £34.95 for nothing. I think in this instance it would be fair to refund me the cost of the quotation. Please find attached a pdf copy of the purchased quote.

kind regards

------------------------------

and the reply :

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your email.

The printed quotation that you paid for was provided, therefore you have
received what you paid for.

The fact that our deals change from time to time is irrelevant.

Regards,

Richard Sanders.
------------------------------
Well you can't blame a boy for trying. Don't agree with the logic, I am glad I didn't use DTD in the end. Who says money doesn't grow on trees :whistle2:

I think I will set up a website, charge for printable car quotations and when a customer actually makes an enquiry for purchase slash the discount and not honour the quote.. hang on I think someones thought of that one already :laugh: I'm not bitter at all, honest! :blush:

Last edited:
Does it say on the quote anywhere how long it is valid for? I wouldn't give up so easily... doesn't sound like a great way to do business to me!

Did you pay for the quote by card? You could always threaten to request a chargeback from your bank on the quote...

Does it say on the quote anywhere how long it is valid for? I wouldn't give up so easily... doesn't sound like a great way to do business to me!

Did you pay for the quote by card? You could always threaten to request a chargeback from your bank on the quote...

The quote mentions nothing about validity, and to just put the boot in it states....

About this quote

Quotes are for information only and this does not constitute an offer by us capable of acceptance by you.

Basically it's not worth the paper it's written on, of course you don't find that out until you have already paid up your £34.95. Paid by visa, might consider charge back. I would have been embarrassed to take the paid for quote to a dealership with the above strap line.

Hey the_lecht_rocks, did u get my answer via private
message? I'm on iphone and not too sure if it was sent correctly?

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
Is the needle sweep when starting the engine standard thing on the S3 or is it a computer jobby thing?

Is the needle sweep when starting the engine standard thing on the S3 or is it a computer jobby thing?

Hahaha I was literally about to ask that question. I have a feeling it's standard because I've seen it on so many different videos.

Hahaha I was literally about to ask that question. I have a feeling it's standard because I've seen it on so many different videos.

Great minds think alike ;)!

I have seen it in vids. Is it only on the S3 and not the A3? I have a Rocco atm and think the needle sweep was only on the R line edition and if you wanted in your normal Rocco was a computer job.

Also guys still looking for good broker prices, Orangewheels haven't put their prices up yet still around the 7/8% off.

Standard on the S3, also S3 appears in the DIS when the ignition is turned on. I've got a picture of the S3 logo I'll try and load it.

Reactions: bleedsoff
IMG 08231IMG 08131IMG 08241IMG 08321

A few more photos, the 3rd one is trying to show the lights around the cup holders which can be seen a bit better in the last one.

Reactions: Ryan_R, Lmg and bleedsoff
Does the boost gauge use backlights to indicate its status? I can't see any needles in that picture?

Does the boost gauge use backlights to indicate its status? I can't see any needles in that picture?

Yea it does same as the fuel gauge. Think its 8 segment LED light.

Arent there colour LED's that go round the outside of the rev counter or speedo? What are they for?

I'd also quite like to see what the instruments look like at night! I'm yet to see any pictures of this if anybody can help?

Took the local S3 demo out again yesterday as I was in modifying my order. A nice 1.5 hours thrash in full dynamic mode. It seemed as though the car was learning to hold a gear longer in the M setting and throttle response seemed slightly sharper once it was learning I wasn't Miss Daisy driving....
the overall fuel consumption on the demo car was 25.4 mpg and the mileage was around 3200 I think. Not too shabby for 300hp IMO.
interestingly it w my first time in an S3 in greasy conditions and the car had a definite tendency to under steer coming out of damp greasy medium speed corners.
Does anybody know how the differentials work ?

On my extended test drives had some wet weather and pushed the car hard out of corners to test it. Most of time the S3 will be front wheel drive and transfers some drive to rear when front grip struggles. You could feel this happen but only when it really was being pushed hard. It only felt like slight understeer before I booted it then it seemed pretty neutral.

Also - I have seen test vids (dutch i think - with sub titles!) when they talk of S3 having a natural 4 wheel drift under power on loose/slippery surfaces so not understeer or oversteer.

I recall from somewhere that the max posisble power split front to rear is 85/15 %. But it def works well :)

Reactions: Lmg
would look better with the black pack and the roof.
looks funny with the black roof and the silver bars/window trim.

Good point. It's an expensive look though isn't it. Misano red, pano roof and black styling pack... Would cost about 2k to achieve!

i've added about £1200 extras this weekend and it was already almost fully specced before LOL :)

I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to do the same thing. I'm going to drop my mileage from 10k to 5k which should save me £30 a month or the equivalent to £1000 worth of options.

I've already got:
3 door, s tronic
Panther black
Black styling pack
Privacy windows
Lunar silver alcantara seats
Black inlays
LED headlights
B&O sound system
Tech pack
Comfort pack (rear parking sensors + standard cruise)
Extended mono finish
Interior light pack

Quick question! What would people add for the 1k?!

P.s. I'm not interested in the super sports seats!

I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to do the same thing. I'm going to drop my mileage from 10k to 5k which should save me £30 a month or the equivalent to £1000 worth of options.

I've already got:
3 door, s tronic
Panther black
Black styling pack
Privacy windows
Lunar silver alcantara seats
Black inlays
LED headlights
B&O sound system
Tech pack
Comfort pack (rear parking sensors + standard cruise)
Extended mono finish
Interior light pack

Quick question! What would people add for the 1k?!

P.s. I'm not interested in the super sports seats!

Maybe some folding mirrors and sunroof?!

On my extended test drives had some wet weather and pushed the car hard out of corners to test it. Most of time the S3 will be front wheel drive and transfers some drive to rear when front grip struggles. You could feel this happen but only when it really was being pushed hard. It only felt like slight understeer before I booted it then it seemed pretty neutral.

Also - I have seen test vids (dutch i think - with sub titles!) when they talk of S3 having a natural 4 wheel drift under power on loose/slippery surfaces so not understeer or oversteer.

I recall from somewhere that the max posisble power split front to rear is 85/15 %. But it def works well :)

possibly a rear ARB set up to protect the "innocent"? :whistle2:

Hi, I've noticed that, with my offer, the final payment went up with the decrease of the monthly payment when my mileage allowance was changed to 5k...