AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Page 41 of 156 FirstFirst ... 313435363738394041424344454647485191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

  1. #1601
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    where do you work in Westhill, I work for TAQA...
    Subsea 7, actually look right towards the TAQA building from where i sit.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #1602
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMurray View Post
    Subsea 7, actually look right towards the TAQA building from where i sit.
    lol, well you won't see mine as it's in the garage most the time as I walk to work every day !

  4. #1603
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMurray View Post
    Subsea 7, actually look right towards the TAQA building from where i sit.
    what do you currently drive ?

  5. #1604
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    what do you currently drive ?
    Currently drive a ropey old Diesel Focus, the S3 is a decent step up for me.

    If you see a grumpy looking guy with long hair and a beard driving around there in a silver focus chances are that's me.

  6. #1605
    Toadoftoadhall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    The fuel consumption is excellent, i got 42.1MPG on the way down to ADI.
    Thats really encouarging to hear. Is your new S3 a manual or s tronic?
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

  7. #1606
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMurray View Post
    Subsea 7, actually look right towards the TAQA building from where i sit.
    Such a small world.........

  8. #1607
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    where do you work in Westhill, I work for TAQA...
    me too, at Technip.
    Should also have mine in the next week or 2!

  9. #1608
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackS3Al View Post
    me too, at Technip.
    Should also have mine in the next week or 2!
    haha , small world indeed

    of course, the S3 SB is ideal up here - 4wd for all weather ability and roof rails for skiing and cycling racks

  10. #1609
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMurray View Post
    Currently drive a ropey old Diesel Focus, the S3 is a decent step up for me.

    If you see a grumpy looking guy with long hair and a beard driving around there in a silver focus chances are that's me.
    i only asked as i regularly see an immaculate red CTR driving into subsea7 with a SAM registration plate !

  11. #1610
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    57
    2 weeks tomorrow until i get mine. here's my pictures off the configurator after putting in my audi code....

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080769.398000.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080781.669386.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080798.907194.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080810.438808.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080843.455247.jpg

    i'm really looking forward to getting the quattro in time for the awful weather thats forecast

  12. #1611
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    I have gone off the panther black option now after seeing one this week. In certain light it took on a brown hue. It looked almost bronze. I assume the crystal has a strong cherry hint that has been countered with the bronze.

  13. #1612
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    83
    Just a word of warning, drive the deal have recently cut the discount to about 6.5% from around 8.5%. I purchased a printed quotation for the price of £35 just 3 days ago before the cut and enquired today about purchasing and DTD stated they would not honour the quote!. So I have paid £35 for thin air, I asked about a refund for the quotation and was told no refund, however I could write an email to the company director and plea with him, grrr.

  14. #1613
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    I have gone off the panther black option now after seeing one this week. In certain light it took on a brown hue. It looked almost bronze. I assume the crystal has a strong cherry hint that has been countered with the bronze.
    Funny you should say that...there was a Panther Black S3 at Aberdeen Audi a couple of weeks back and the fact that it looked bronze in certain light is exactly what I liked about it (haven't ordered Panther Black though).

  15. #1614
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    Funny you should say that...there was a Panther Black S3 at Aberdeen Audi a couple of weeks back and the fact that it looked bronze in certain light is exactly what I liked about it (haven't ordered Panther Black though).
    When I saw it I thought it was more purple than brown/bronze. I like the contrast.

  16. #1615
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17
    Hi lads,

    Quick question from Down Under... Our S3's are due to arrive in December and mine in Feb/March; with the 'S Sport Seats', can you order the red interior in conjunction with those seats?

    My dealer here in Aus believes you can but on all the Audi websites around the world, it's not letting me select the 'S Sport Seats' AND the red interior option.

    What's everyone's understanding of this? (and apologies if you have no idea what I'm talking about haha)

  17. #1616
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds44 View Post
    Hi lads,

    Quick question from Down Under... Our S3's are due to arrive in December and mine in Feb/March; with the 'S Sport Seats', can you order the red interior in conjunction with those seats?

    My dealer here in Aus believes you can but on all the Audi websites around the world, it's not letting me select the 'S Sport Seats' AND the red interior option.

    What's everyone's understanding of this? (and apologies if you have no idea what I'm talking about haha)
    The options would be black or white as standard I think or an upgrade to the parade red interior pack

  18. #1617
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds44 View Post
    Hi lads,

    Quick question from Down Under... Our S3's are due to arrive in December and mine in Feb/March; with the 'S Sport Seats', can you order the red interior in conjunction with those seats?

    My dealer here in Aus believes you can but on all the Audi websites around the world, it's not letting me select the 'S Sport Seats' AND the red interior option.

    What's everyone's understanding of this? (and apologies if you have no idea what I'm talking about haha)
    nope , not do-able AFAIK...........think the quilted "super-sport" seats are black and that's yer lot........they offer very little in addition to the standard seat too, other than the stiching. I suspect, as do others, that Recaro's or similar will be held for the RS3 which is imminently going to be revealed.

    i'm sticking with a standard S3 as oposed to the RS3 as I'm down-grading performance for a bit more compliance and civility but would've preferred a Recaro in my S3.

  19. #1618
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    nope , not do-able AFAIK...........think the quilted "super-sport" seats are black and that's yer lot........they offer very little in addition to the standard seat too, other than the stiching. I suspect, as do others, that Recaro's or similar will be held for the RS3 which is imminently going to be revealed.

    i'm sticking with a standard S3 as oposed to the RS3 as I'm down-grading performance for a bit more compliance and civility but would've preferred a Recaro in my S3.
    That's what I thought too.

    If there's no real difference between the two seats (?), then I don't think I'll mind.

  20. #1619
    Snake Pliskin's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    When I saw it I thought it was more purple than brown/bronze. I like the contrast.


    It is not brown at all ?

    It DOES have a purple tint in certain lights though .....





    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

  21. #1620
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    I must admit when I saw Panther black I didn't notice any brown whatsoever. Then again I also didn't notice any greeny tints at the time but I've since seen videos that show otherwise! It's a paint of many secrets which I love!

  22. #1621
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    I must admit when I saw Panther black I didn't notice any brown whatsoever. Then again I also didn't notice any greeny tints at the time but I've since seen videos that show otherwise! It's a paint of many secrets which I love!
    must be the grey skies and grey environment up here in the wooly widerness North

  23. #1622
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    LOOKING AT SOME HI-RES IMAGES OF THE SUPERSPORT QUILTED SEATS AND INTERIOR AND IT APPEARS THAT THE STITCHIN IS IMPROVED ON THE ANCILLIARY LEATHER SECTIONS [SHIFT GAIT / DOOR BOLSTERS].

    anybody else noticed this and consioder it an improvement in interior environment ?

  24. #1623

  25. #1624
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    260
    Interesting that some people think that having 4WD on their S3 will mean their car suddenly develops amazing all weather ability! I've been driving cars with 4WD for a very long time, right back to my Integrale days then R32, S3's TT's S4 and RS4, etc. and believe me, yes you get good levels of traction on dry and especially the wet, but on greasy roads and in snow, on summer tyres, you still need to be careful, very careful. In fact in snow, my last S3 SB and then my TT RS were both pretty crap to be frank about it. OK, better than owning a BMW with rear wheel drive I suppose ...
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

  26. #1625
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Interesting that some people think that having 4WD on their S3 will mean their car suddenly develops amazing all weather ability! I've been driving cars with 4WD for a very long time, right back to my Integrale days then R32, S3's TT's S4 and RS4, etc. and believe me, yes you get good levels of traction on dry and especially the wet, but on greasy roads and in snow, on summer tyres, you still need to be careful, very careful. In fact in snow, my last S3 SB and then my TT RS were both pretty crap to be frank about it. OK, better than owning a BMW with rear wheel drive I suppose ...
    my FWD daily driver has a LSD. It also runs winter steelies on Winters Mud + Snows. I overtake 4wd's everywhere heading up the mountains for skiing each winter.

    The S3 will have a set of 4 Winters come winter. Surely with 4WD and the appropriate tyres it will perform better than my FWD + diff ?

  27. #1626
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Are trackers even worth it?. I had a friend who had a tracker and his car was stolen. The tracker was disabled with in 10 minutes of being stolen and police never found the car. Just thinking that if someone has gone to the hassle of stealing your car professionally I don't think a tracker will stop them. Also if a tracker is installed and the car recovered do you really want it back?

    Anyone got experience of using trackers and what a good tracker is?
    Had a couple of cars with trackers (cobra trak actually - fitted on delivery at Audi dealer) - my conclusion - utter waste of money unless you own something very special or very expensive. Just get GAP insurance and be done with it. I had a car stolen a few years back and frankly I wouldn't want to see it again after some scroat has knicked it. I had GAP return to invoice and basically got the insurance payout and the rest off GAP. Hence, I got back £32k in total on a car that was two years old, 35k on the clock and the insurance co paid out just £15k of that. Almost worth having the car stolen actually, almost - since that was a very traumatic experience as they lifted the keys from my house whilst we were asleep upstairs...
    bleedsoff likes this.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

  28. #1627
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    my FWD daily driver has a LSD. It also runs winter steelies on Winters Mud + Snows. I overtake 4wd's everywhere heading up the mountains for skiing each winter.

    The S3 will have a set of 4 Winters come winter. Surely with 4WD and the appropriate tyres it will perform better than my FWD + diff ?
    Yes, it will, only with winter tyres though. On summer tyres, there's almost no gain in grip on snow. I'd go as far to say that a small font wheel drive car would be just as capable. Earlier this year, I couldn't even get up a small incline near my house with my TTRS due to compacted snow on the road surface of the hill and yet someone in a Fiesta did OK. I worked from home that day! Almost no one fits them in the UK as they're a waste of money for what amounts to a week of bad weather. Where you are, that makes sense of course and allied to 4wd, I am sure would afford more grip.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

  29. #1628
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Do you think it could be that those pictures had the extended mono.pur finish as well as the super sports seats or does that come built into the price?

    EDIT: I just checked... it doesn't change according to the super sports seats. This stitching is just the extended mono.pur finish option for about £300 and isn't dependent on those seats.
    Last edited by paullowther; 18th October 2013 at 13:39.

  30. #1629
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    i've bottled it - gone monsoon with the super sport quilts in black
    DAZS3 likes this.

  31. #1630
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Do you think it could be that those pictures had the extended mono.pur finish as well as the super sports seats or does that come built into the price?

    EDIT: I just checked... it doesn't change according to the super sports seats. This stitching is just the extended mono.pur finish option for about £300 and isn't dependent on those seats.
    please define extended mono pur finish ? will need that as well then haha !

  32. #1631
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    77
    Good choice the_lecht_rocks - same as my order!

    mono.pur adds door armrests and knee pads in fake leather with stitching to match rest of interior. Haven't seen an 8v S3 on Audi Approved without it - really adds to the look of the interior IMO.

  33. #1632
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    Good choice the_lecht_rocks - same as my order!

    mono.pur adds door armrests and knee pads in fake leather with stitching to match rest of interior. Haven't seen an 8v S3 on Audi Approved without it - really adds to the look of the interior IMO.

    did you take the extended mono pur and sports seats ?

  34. #1633
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    did you take the extended mono pur and sports seats ?
    Yep to both...

  35. #1634
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    Yep to both...
    spot on. i think i'll stick as-is but im wanting to see panther black in the flesh / tin

  36. #1635
    lotus's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    75
    Some of these images are over sharpened and too contrasty so the stitching looks very white, in the demo car I drove the stitching doesn't stand out like that. Though I haven't seen the sports seats in the flesh I presume the quilting look a little less in your face.

    Has anyone seen the sports seats?

  37. #1636
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Some of these images are over sharpened and too contrasty so the stitching looks very white, in the demo car I drove the stitching doesn't stand out like that. Though I haven't seen the sports seats in the flesh I presume the quilting look a little less in your face.

    Has anyone seen the sports seats?
    yes i've seen them in a brilliant black car and was less impressed than i am by those pics........but i think they'd look great in a monsoon grey exterior SB......perhaps !

  38. #1637
    lotus's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    yes i've seen them in a brilliant black car and was less impressed than i am by those pics........but i think they'd look great in a monsoon grey exterior SB......perhaps !
    Funny you should say that, it's my first choice colour at the moment.

    I quit like the standard seats with alcantara.

  39. #1638
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    83
    Audi S3 sportback ordered!

    Brilliant black
    S-tronic
    Comfort pack
    Electric seats
    Audi sound
    SD Nav
    Folding mirrors

    After the disappointment with drive the deal (current discount rate circa 6%, having paid 35 quid for a printed quote of 8.5% which wasn't honored) I secured 7% at my local dealer which I am happy with.
    If you want to go through a local dealer I would wait until the day you want to order, ring up and secure the discount over the phone before attending the dealership. That way you don't have a wasted journey and have to watch the sales exec to sales manager circus routine.

  40. #1639
    Audimad's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    Thats really encouarging to hear. Is your new S3 a manual or s tronic?
    S-Tronic
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.

  41. #1640
    c.grex's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ribble Valley, Lancashire
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Audi S3 sportback ordered!

    Brilliant black
    S-tronic
    Comfort pack
    Electric seats
    Audi sound
    SD Nav
    Folding mirrors

    After the disappointment with drive the deal (current discount rate circa 6%, having paid 35 quid for a printed quote of 8.5% which wasn't honored) I secured 7% at my local dealer which I am happy with.
    If you want to go through a local dealer I would wait until the day you want to order, ring up and secure the discount over the phone before attending the dealership. That way you don't have a wasted journey and have to watch the sales exec to sales manager circus routine.
    ive got Brilliant black at the moment and it's very nice when clean, but it shows every mark! Never again for me!

    where they ok over the phone asking for a discount? I'd be interested in doing this but find it hard enough asking in the show room.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Popping the hood of the 2013 Audi S6
    By stuffedbackseat in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C7 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 21:22
  2. 2013 Audi A3 5d Sportback
    By trev0006 in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 21:56
  3. 2013 Audi A3 2.0T 6spd MT FWD....sline or not??
    By burbank2broward in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th September 2012, 21:05
  4. 2013 Audi R8 development
    By trev0006 in forum R8 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th September 2012, 20:06
  5. Leaked Official 2013 Audi A3 Photos
    By ABYSS in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 28th March 2012, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO