2013 Audi S3

Currently drive a ropey old Diesel Focus, the S3 is a decent step up for me.

If you see a grumpy looking guy with long hair and a beard driving around there in a silver focus chances are that's me.

i only asked as i regularly see an immaculate red CTR driving into subsea7 with a SAM registration plate !

2 weeks tomorrow until i get mine. here's my pictures off the configurator after putting in my audi code....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080769398000
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080781669386
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080798907194
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080810438808
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382080843455247

i'm really looking forward to getting the quattro in time for the awful weather thats forecast

I have gone off the panther black option now after seeing one this week. In certain light it took on a brown hue. It looked almost bronze. I assume the crystal has a strong cherry hint that has been countered with the bronze.

Just a word of warning, drive the deal have recently cut the discount to about 6.5% from around 8.5%. I purchased a printed quotation for the price of £35 just 3 days ago before the cut and enquired today about purchasing and DTD stated they would not honour the quote!. So I have paid £35 for thin air, I asked about a refund for the quotation and was told no refund, however I could write an email to the company director and plea with him, grrr.

I have gone off the panther black option now after seeing one this week. In certain light it took on a brown hue. It looked almost bronze. I assume the crystal has a strong cherry hint that has been countered with the bronze.

Funny you should say that...there was a Panther Black S3 at Aberdeen Audi a couple of weeks back and the fact that it looked bronze in certain light is exactly what I liked about it (haven't ordered Panther Black though).

Funny you should say that...there was a Panther Black S3 at Aberdeen Audi a couple of weeks back and the fact that it looked bronze in certain light is exactly what I liked about it (haven't ordered Panther Black though).

When I saw it I thought it was more purple than brown/bronze. I like the contrast.

Hi lads,

Quick question from Down Under... Our S3's are due to arrive in December and mine in Feb/March; with the 'S Sport Seats', can you order the red interior in conjunction with those seats?

My dealer here in Aus believes you can but on all the Audi websites around the world, it's not letting me select the 'S Sport Seats' AND the red interior option.

What's everyone's understanding of this? (and apologies if you have no idea what I'm talking about haha)

Hi lads,

Quick question from Down Under... Our S3's are due to arrive in December and mine in Feb/March; with the 'S Sport Seats', can you order the red interior in conjunction with those seats?

My dealer here in Aus believes you can but on all the Audi websites around the world, it's not letting me select the 'S Sport Seats' AND the red interior option.

What's everyone's understanding of this? (and apologies if you have no idea what I'm talking about haha)

The options would be black or white as standard I think or an upgrade to the parade red interior pack

Hi lads,

nope , not do-able AFAIK...........think the quilted "super-sport" seats are black and that's yer lot........they offer very little in addition to the standard seat too, other than the stiching. I suspect, as do others, that Recaro's or similar will be held for the RS3 which is imminently going to be revealed.

i'm sticking with a standard S3 as oposed to the RS3 as I'm down-grading performance for a bit more compliance and civility :) but would've preferred a Recaro in my S3.

nope , not do-able AFAIK...........think the quilted "super-sport" seats are black and that's yer lot........they offer very little in addition to the standard seat too, other than the stiching. I suspect, as do others, that Recaro's or similar will be held for the RS3 which is imminently going to be revealed.

i'm sticking with a standard S3 as oposed to the RS3 as I'm down-grading performance for a bit more compliance and civility :) but would've preferred a Recaro in my S3.

That's what I thought too.

If there's no real difference between the two seats (?), then I don't think I'll mind.

I must admit when I saw Panther black I didn't notice any brown whatsoever. Then again I also didn't notice any greeny tints at the time but I've since seen videos that show otherwise! It's a paint of many secrets which I love!

I must admit when I saw Panther black I didn't notice any brown whatsoever. Then again I also didn't notice any greeny tints at the time but I've since seen videos that show otherwise! It's a paint of many secrets which I love!

must be the grey skies and grey environment up here in the wooly widerness North :)

LOOKING AT SOME HI-RES IMAGES OF THE SUPERSPORT QUILTED SEATS AND INTERIOR AND IT APPEARS THAT THE STITCHIN IS IMPROVED ON THE ANCILLIARY LEATHER SECTIONS [SHIFT GAIT / DOOR BOLSTERS].

anybody else noticed this and consioder it an improvement in interior environment ?

Interesting that some people think that having 4WD on their S3 will mean their car suddenly develops amazing all weather ability! I've been driving cars with 4WD for a very long time, right back to my Integrale days then R32, S3's TT's S4 and RS4, etc. and believe me, yes you get good levels of traction on dry and especially the wet, but on greasy roads and in snow, on summer tyres, you still need to be careful, very careful. In fact in snow, my last S3 SB and then my TT RS were both pretty crap to be frank about it. OK, better than owning a BMW with rear wheel drive I suppose ...

Interesting that some people think that having 4WD on their S3 will mean their car suddenly develops amazing all weather ability! I've been driving cars with 4WD for a very long time, right back to my Integrale days then R32, S3's TT's S4 and RS4, etc. and believe me, yes you get good levels of traction on dry and especially the wet, but on greasy roads and in snow, on summer tyres, you still need to be careful, very careful. In fact in snow, my last S3 SB and then my TT RS were both pretty crap to be frank about it. OK, better than owning a BMW with rear wheel drive I suppose ...

my FWD daily driver has a LSD. It also runs winter steelies on Winters Mud + Snows. I overtake 4wd's everywhere heading up the mountains for skiing each winter.

The S3 will have a set of 4 Winters come winter. Surely with 4WD and the appropriate tyres it will perform better than my FWD + diff ?

Are trackers even worth it?. I had a friend who had a tracker and his car was stolen. The tracker was disabled with in 10 minutes of being stolen and police never found the car. Just thinking that if someone has gone to the hassle of stealing your car professionally I don't think a tracker will stop them. Also if a tracker is installed and the car recovered do you really want it back?

Anyone got experience of using trackers and what a good tracker is?

Had a couple of cars with trackers (cobra trak actually - fitted on delivery at Audi dealer) - my conclusion - utter waste of money unless you own something very special or very expensive. Just get GAP insurance and be done with it. I had a car stolen a few years back and frankly I wouldn't want to see it again after some scroat has knicked it. I had GAP return to invoice and basically got the insurance payout and the rest off GAP. Hence, I got back £32k in total on a car that was two years old, 35k on the clock and the insurance co paid out just £15k of that. Almost worth having the car stolen actually, almost - since that was a very traumatic experience as they lifted the keys from my house whilst we were asleep upstairs...

Reactions: bleedsoff
my FWD daily driver has a LSD. It also runs winter steelies on Winters Mud + Snows. I overtake 4wd's everywhere heading up the mountains for skiing each winter.

The S3 will have a set of 4 Winters come winter. Surely with 4WD and the appropriate tyres it will perform better than my FWD + diff ?

Yes, it will, only with winter tyres though. On summer tyres, there's almost no gain in grip on snow. I'd go as far to say that a small font wheel drive car would be just as capable. Earlier this year, I couldn't even get up a small incline near my house with my TTRS due to compacted snow on the road surface of the hill and yet someone in a Fiesta did OK. I worked from home that day! Almost no one fits them in the UK as they're a waste of money for what amounts to a week of bad weather. Where you are, that makes sense of course and allied to 4wd, I am sure would afford more grip.

Do you think it could be that those pictures had the extended mono.pur finish as well as the super sports seats or does that come built into the price?

EDIT: I just checked... it doesn't change according to the super sports seats. This stitching is just the extended mono.pur finish option for about £300 and isn't dependent on those seats.

Last edited:
Do you think it could be that those pictures had the extended mono.pur finish as well as the super sports seats or does that come built into the price?

EDIT: I just checked... it doesn't change according to the super sports seats. This stitching is just the extended mono.pur finish option for about £300 and isn't dependent on those seats.

please define extended mono pur finish ? will need that as well then haha !

Good choice the_lecht_rocks - same as my order!

mono.pur adds door armrests and knee pads in fake leather with stitching to match rest of interior. Haven't seen an 8v S3 on Audi Approved without it - really adds to the look of the interior IMO.

Good choice the_lecht_rocks - same as my order!

mono.pur adds door armrests and knee pads in fake leather with stitching to match rest of interior. Haven't seen an 8v S3 on Audi Approved without it - really adds to the look of the interior IMO.

did you take the extended mono pur and sports seats ?

Some of these images are over sharpened and too contrasty so the stitching looks very white, in the demo car I drove the stitching doesn't stand out like that. Though I haven't seen the sports seats in the flesh I presume the quilting look a little less in your face.

Has anyone seen the sports seats?

yes i've seen them in a brilliant black car and was less impressed than i am by those pics........but i think they'd look great in a monsoon grey exterior SB......perhaps !

yes i've seen them in a brilliant black car and was less impressed than i am by those pics........but i think they'd look great in a monsoon grey exterior SB......perhaps !

Funny you should say that, it's my first choice colour at the moment.

I quit like the standard seats with alcantara.

Audi S3 sportback ordered! :)

Brilliant black
S-tronic
Comfort pack
Electric seats
Audi sound
SD Nav
Folding mirrors

After the disappointment with drive the deal (current discount rate circa 6%, having paid 35 quid for a printed quote of 8.5% which wasn't honored) I secured 7% at my local dealer which I am happy with.
If you want to go through a local dealer I would wait until the day you want to order, ring up and secure the discount over the phone before attending the dealership. That way you don't have a wasted journey and have to watch the sales exec to sales manager circus routine.

Audi S3 sportback ordered! :)

Brilliant black
S-tronic
Comfort pack
Electric seats
Audi sound
SD Nav
Folding mirrors

After the disappointment with drive the deal (current discount rate circa 6%, having paid 35 quid for a printed quote of 8.5% which wasn't honored) I secured 7% at my local dealer which I am happy with.
If you want to go through a local dealer I would wait until the day you want to order, ring up and secure the discount over the phone before attending the dealership. That way you don't have a wasted journey and have to watch the sales exec to sales manager circus routine.

ive got Brilliant black at the moment and it's very nice when clean, but it shows every mark! Never again for me!

where they ok over the phone asking for a discount? I'd be interested in doing this but find it hard enough asking in the show room.