2013 Audi S3

Or bluefin is another option as you can turn these on and off yourself.

This is just my opinion, but i had Bluefin on my last S3 and thought it was a waste of money, could hardly even tell any difference, then i had it remapped with GIAC and was over the moon, then i bought another S3 (current) and went with Revo and found it to be very similar to GIAC but slightly more aggressive which was my preference...

i rekon a stage 1 GIAC or Revo on the 8V S3 will be lookin at around 340bhp - which on a 2.0L engine that is 70KG lighter than the 8P is going to be phenominal performance.

There is also the option of custom maps too of course.

I've just ordered an S3 over the weekend, I spec'd in the Advanced Key, does anyone know how that works in relation to the coming home/leaving home lights?

Thanks, Matt

I saw a post on a German forum that was talking about remapping yesterday. I couldn't quite tell whether the car was at stage 1 or 2 but 370bhp was mentioned.

370PS if the figure German tuners seem to be talking about, I found this advert for a used car which has a Remap from ABT that quotes 370PS

Google Translate

Sorry for the Google translation

I've just ordered an S3 over the weekend, I spec'd in the Advanced Key, does anyone know how that works in relation to the coming home/leaving home lights?

Thanks, Matt

I personally know two people who have had their car's stolen without keys (one BMW one Audi). I'd take some convincing to spec keyless ignition on the S3 SB I'm ordering next month!

Loving it I think the silver & black style & privacy looks good, still waiting for the dealer to get back to me re the foot rest

congrats on the new car, it looks great in silver!

I've been searching non stop for a UK car with a black grille on a s-line / s3 bumper and yours is the first I've seen. I know you've covered your reg plate but would you mind sending me it via PM so I can get the part number from Etka for the grille?

Cheers

I personally know two people who have had their car's stolen without keys (one BMW one Audi). I'd take some convincing to spec keyless ignition on the S3 SB I'm ordering next month!

I don't think that would have much to do with the Advanced key, the same security principles are in place with both systems.

I don't think that would have much to do with the Advanced key, the same security principles are in place with both systems.

Not sure about that. You'll require the physical key to start the engine without advanced key.

Not sure about that. You'll require the physical key to start the engine without advanced key.

I see what you're saying. But the equipment and techniques used to steal the BMW/Audi which was in the news a while back was irrelevant of the type of key, and was to do with the on-board computer, something which affected hundreds of manufactures. And i like to think if someone is as advanced enough to break through the algorithms that set the code sequencing for the key and car meaning they could clone a key, they're going to get the car no matter what system you have in place.

I see what you're saying. But the equipment and techniques used to steal the BMW/Audi which was in the news a while back was irrelevant of the type of key, and was to do with the on-board computer, something which affected hundreds of manufactures. And i like to think if someone is as advanced enough to break through the algorithms that set the code sequencing for the key and car meaning they could clone a key, they're going to get the car no matter what system you have in place.

I'd agree, there's no stopping these organised criminal gangs nowadays. If they want something they will most likely get it. The best thing you can do IMO is park it in a secure garage and install a tracker system. Simple things.

I'd agree, there's no stopping these organised criminal gangs nowadays. If they want something they will most likely get it. The best thing you can do IMO is park it in a secure garage and install a tracker system. Simple things.

It's a shame you can't have something nice and not worry about it all the time... I'll hopefully take delivery of the car in March, so i'm currently looking around for various trackers.

It's a shame you can't have something nice and not worry about it all the time... I'll hopefully take delivery of the car in March, so i'm currently looking around for various trackers.

Are trackers even worth it?. I had a friend who had a tracker and his car was stolen. The tracker was disabled with in 10 minutes of being stolen and police never found the car. Just thinking that if someone has gone to the hassle of stealing your car professionally I don't think a tracker will stop them. Also if a tracker is installed and the car recovered do you really want it back?

Anyone got experience of using trackers and what a good tracker is?

Are trackers even worth it?. I had a friend who had a tracker and his car was stolen. The tracker was disabled with in 10 minutes of being stolen and police never found the car. Just thinking that if someone has gone to the hassle of stealing your car professionally I don't think a tracker will stop them. Also if a tracker is installed and the car recovered do you really want it back?

Anyone got experience of using trackers and what a good tracker is?

At the moment, i use an android app that sits on an old phone, it monitors sound and calls my normal use mobile should it hear something. (The alarm is activated when i leave my car via bluetooth disconnecting, and then disarms when i return)
I also installed a GPS location App on there too, so i could track it online on Google Maps, i hide all this in my glovebox.
I like to think with this i could be quick enough to follow it using all this in another car.

Very easy to remove. Finger through the grill and push to remove. So easy it might be removed for you when you Are not there!

Loving it I think the silver & black style & privacy looks good, still waiting for the dealer to get back to me re the foot rest

loving that. Mine will look almost the same except it's not a SB. Thanks for posting the pics, made me even more excited

I have had cobratrak fitted wth a previous car. Worked really well, had some nice options to follow the car all the time and this made trips a bit more fun as you could see where you had been online. The system also ha a feature where if the car was moved without correct ignition start it would notify the police and the owner of the car, apparantly, never needed it.

You could log into the website and see the basic information from the car such as the speed, directin, rev counter ad a few other items on the car. If you want a laugh, enable the logging before you hand the car in for a service. You cnat or at least couldnt leave the system always transmitting as you got a limited number of texts from the system, so not something you could leave always on updating the website.

You can check ad-hoc any time you want and enable the logging as you wish, lso it activates if it detects the cars is being stolen.

The dowsides are the really small reduction in the insurance ( for an A5 worth about 37k) really didnt make much difference for my insurance costs. I guess this might depend on the area you live though. There was also an annual subscription to keep the system live.

Overall I think it works, but it didnt reduce my insurance by nearly eneough to justfy the extra cost, even the annual subscription was more than the reduced costs. Dont know if this as also because I have the car locked in a garage and live in an area thats pretty low risk. Touch wood etc etc

I never stuck the stickers on the car advertising it was fitted, some would say its a deterent, others would say it lets people know they need to fnd the device (which isnt supposed to be easy) and disable it.

Thats exactly how mine will look but glacier white. I did spec debaged but put it back on, although think it was locked in by the time I did it so not sure.

Re mapping. Theres a few beta files out there but most of the usual suspects APR, Revo and Giac are around 6 months away at least from what ive herd.

Excitment level increased by a notch as I have discovered my car is in the country:yes:

Reactions: garethld, DAZS3 and Sherbs
Is your S3 the solid red or misano?

I've ordered a solid red, either way get some pictures up as soon as you can.

It's Solid, I'm told it could take 10 days to get to the dealer, hope not. As soon as it's there, so will I and will take pics.

Reactions: Sherbs
The A3/S3 brochure states that the footrest comes in brushed stainless steel but i understand that it is missing from initial UK S3 deliveries. Why is this? Seeing as customers on here have paid for them and they are available on ebay why are they not on UK cars?

I think they are available on left hand drive cars only due to the shape of the floor pan.

OOO I know I know!

I was speaking to a salesman yesterday at Bedford and he said they're not allowed to sell demo models at the moment because it's so hard to get hold of an S3.

He said any demo bought now won't be offered to the customer until January.

Regarding the extended delivery times for new cars, he was saying Audi have tried to slow down new orders for their Q5's to keep the resale value of the cars already available high. If you order a q5 now it won't be delivered until July next year.

I would imagine this is why S3 waiting times have been rising also.

Oh, he also said that because the S3 is so hard to get hold of dealers are managing to sell used ones at 5% more than a new one!

The dealer is talking rubbish. I called at Crewe Audi on the day the S3 sportback was launched and bought their demo before it was even registered. I have had it three weeks now. They now have an S3 three door in the showroom in misano red.

The dealer is talking rubbish. I called at Crewe Audi on the day the S3 sportback was launched and bought their demo before it was even registered. I have had it three weeks now. They now have an S3 three door in the showroom in misano red.

Interesting, he had no real reason to lie to me as he knew I had a car already ordered!

Probably why then, they think they have your order in the bag anyway so there's nothing in it for them to let their demo car go early!

The link has now failed:faint: Missano Red Manual SB from Plymouth audi @ almost £40K.

No SS foot rest, looks expensive to me.

Last edited:
What sort of deals are people getting from dealers at the moment, I've been offered 3.5% but hope to get more.

Do you need to present a broker quote to get that sort of discount?

I didn't present any quote just told them what figure they were giving and with not much effort the salesman said they would match it

Build week was confirmed as 43, but my salesman advised today that my car is in the factory this week and will be in transit by the end of the week.