2013 Audi S3

Aberdeen Audi have already agreed that I can come in the day before I pick it up to seal and wax it. They have been warned that I'm a former show and shine competitor so will go over every single inch of the body.

i'm collecting mine fae Aberdeen Audi as well - Would you mind doing mine too ?

Picking my s3 up this afternoon, I will be checking the foot rest out and have a word if it isn't there. The dealer hasn't got their demo yet, not happy that a customer is getting one before them. Try to post some photo's later

Reactions: Lmg, Louay and paullowther
I missed your comment earlier about which was our local dealer sorry.

By the look of it we have the same dealer, Blackburn? Blackburn told me no discount, so I went away and have got a quote from Drive The Deal for around 9% off. I went to Preston Audi to see what they would do and was told that they won't discount them as they have a target of 125 S3's to sell and I quote 'we will hit that easily selling at RRP'

They are the same group as Blackburn so I guess we will have to go further afield for a deal! I am going to call Carlisle tomorrow as suggested earlier in the thread. It seems they deal with DTD and a nice drive down through the lakes after collection wouldn't be too bad would it :)

Carlisle Audi are the same group as Preston and Blackburn.

You could try Lakes Audi, Grange over sands. I have never used it myself so I cant comment on them as a dealer.

Althoug I am a little sad the other dealrships have had an S3 test car, I bought blind. Hoping it will be nice to drive when it finaly turns up December or January time

Blackburn told me no discount, so I went away and have got a quote from Drive The Deal for around 9% off. I went to Preston Audi to see what they would do and was told that they won't discount them as they have a target of 125 S3's to sell and I quote 'we will hit that easily selling at RRP'

This is very similar to what my dealer told me. The A3 is so popular that they can sell them easily and it would normally be the harder to sell models where this sort of discount could be achieved. That said - after a good deal of talking and an initial lower discount offer - my dealer matched my DTD price for me as he didnt think he would sell that many S3s and didn't want to see one driven in this area and know he didn't supply it! Fair play to him. :sm4:

Reactions: RossR
I missed your comment earlier about which was our local dealer sorry.

By the look of it we have the same dealer, Blackburn? Blackburn told me no discount, so I went away and have got a quote from Drive The Deal for around 9% off. I went to Preston Audi to see what they would do and was told that they won't discount them as they have a target of 125 S3's to sell and I quote 'we will hit that easily selling at RRP'

They are the same group as Blackburn so I guess we will have to go further afield for a deal! I am going to call Carlisle tomorrow as suggested earlier in the thread. It seems they deal with DTD and a nice drive down through the lakes after collection wouldn't be too bad would it :)

good to know Preston won't discount too, saves me a trip. The salesman I dealt with was a bit pee'd off that the sales manager wouldn't discount it as he had wasted time selling the car to me. They said they knew all about Carlisle and DTD, but still would knock anything off. He did say they would match other models with DTD, but not the S3.

good to know Preston won't discount too, saves me a trip. The salesman I dealt with was a bit pee'd off that the sales manager wouldn't discount it as he had wasted time selling the car to me. They said they knew all about Carlisle and DTD, but still would knock anything off. He did say they would match other models with DTD, but not the S3.

I have also run my spec through Drive the Deal, but having read through these posts it appears that many dealers simply won't discount at all, or of they do it's nowhere near the DTD price. I will be ordering mine in Dec, was banking on a 3k discount but might have to lower my spec and be more realistic if the dealers aren't giving much away. I am in the Lancs area so Carlisle is an easy option for me, anyone had any experience of Bolton Audi or even Manchester Audi at all?

Looking at the pics of the white demo car above. That's missing the stainless dead pedal!

Looks like its something to watch.

Reactions: Louay
Strange thing has just happened!

I called my dealer again today and the salesman is still off work, so i asked for anyone who is covering for him to call me back. Just got a call 10 mins ago from another salesman, i said i was just calling to see if i had a confirmed build week for my S3 SB, and that i have been quoted end of November all along for delivery.

The salesman was looking at the computer and then tells me my car has actually been built on the 10th October, and that judging by that - it should be available for collection by the end of this month!!!!

Seems a bit too good to be true? Could it just be that that the salesman i have been dealing with since ordering has forgotten to keep me updated or been busy?

He's back in tomorrow so gonna double check with him.

It also means my cousin's agonizing wait for my current S3 SB i almost over!

cheers!

Just looked on Audi Approved and as far as I can see all the 8v S3s on there also don't have the steel dead pedal!

Whats going on? Also it looks like in the ones on eBay are for LHD cars?

Is this a mistake in the broicher?

Looking at the pics of the white demo car above. That's missing the stainless dead pedal!

Looks like its something to watch.

Just looked on Audi Approved and as far as I can see all the 8v S3s on there also don't have the steel dead pedal!

Whats going on? Also it looks like in the ones on eBay are for LHD cars?

Is this a mistake in the broicher?

Mistake, costly mistake! where do we as customers stand legally on this? If the brochure states this then we deserve this surely?

Picking mine up in an 1hr it was built wk com 23rd sept - 3 weeks from build to drive

Reactions: Lmg, Splathead and Johnnyb
I picked up a S3 SB today so that i can test drive it for the week, if anyone would some photos taking just ask and i'll see what i can do.

It's a manual in monsoon, S-Line alloys.

Reactions: Lmg and paullowther
I picked up a S3 SB today so that i can test drive it for the week, if anyone would some photos taking just ask and i'll see what i can do.

Hi Sherbs

Any photos at all would be good, Iv ordered an S3 in monsoon and apart from the photos earlier in this thread can't find any others.

Thanks

Collegeboy

There's plenty of Monsoon S3s on Audi Approved - although all SB. There's a SB and 3dr on mobile.de, and there's also a video review of Monsoon S3 3dr (in french) on youtube. But yes, agree, pics pics pics please...

Reactions: paullowther
It's really exciting that everyone's cars are staring to trickle in.

I must say this forum is brilliant, although It hasn't helped time pass quicker. in fact being reminded 3-4 times a day that I'm waiting has been, at times, excruciating, but it will make pick up day so much sweeter.

Oh and you lot have cost me a fortune!! I've added to the spec three times since originally placing the order. 😀

Reactions: Battlekrapz
I'll keep it factual! Ordered a S3 SB from a Jardine Motor Group Audi dealer (many outlets inc Manchester, Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Milton Keynes etc etc etc ) in June at full price with October delivery estimate. Hear nothing till call in response to chase saying now wk 6 2014 build date = 9 months delivery. Dealer says ordered straight away against allocation. Considering all options, what would you do?

Does it have the stainless dead pedal?

Mistake, costly mistake! where do we as customers stand legally on this? If the brochure states this then we deserve this surely?

Ill be kicking off that's for sure!

Reactions: Louay
I'll keep it factual! Ordered a S3 SB from a Jardine Motor Group Audi dealer (many outlets inc Manchester, Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Milton Keynes etc etc etc ) in June at full price with October delivery estimate. Hear nothing till call in response to chase saying now wk 6 2014 build date = 9 months delivery. Dealer says ordered straight away against allocation. Considering all options, what would you do?

Depends how badly you want the new S3. Appreciate you ordered in June but there are others, like myself, who are having to wait until 1st March for delivery, at least you can then drive away with a brand new 14 plate car with the hope of spring around the corner then too :whistle2:

Alternatively, you could cancel your order and look for something else, perhaps ask if the dealer would be kind enough to throw in any freebies for the inconsiderable extended delivery time?

Lou

I'll take a picture tomorrow when its light, but i don't remember seeing a stainless foot rest

Collected my s3 tonight - no stainless steel foot rest- showed the dealer the info I the sales book- he is going to find out why not on the car. Big smile driving home! Post some pics ASAP

Reactions: Lmg
Collected my s3 tonight - no stainless steel foot rest- showed the dealer the info I the sales book- he is going to find out why not on the car. Big smile driving home! Post some pics ASAP

Great, keep us updated!

In my experience all previous incarnations of Audis and VWs (R32, GTI etc) it has only ever been the left hand drive cars with metal dead pedal. Right hand drive have always been plastic only, hence some after market modders making something similar to fit right hand drive cars. I'm willing to wager that it's definitely a boo boo in the brochure and there won't be a metal dead pedal.

interesting in this weeks Autoexpress, one of there case studies is someone who thought all seat leons came with dipping mirror when reversing, as that's what it said in the brochure!

but as pointed out you will have no come back as it states subject to change.

8tid.jpg

interesting in this weeks Autoexpress, one of there case studies is someone who thought all seat leons came with dipping mirror when reversing, as that's what it said in the brochure!

but as pointed out you will have no come back as it states subject to change.

8tid.jpg

Subject to change maybe, but just checked the October brochure and it still states that it comes with a stainless footrest (as did the June and August brochures). As my car has now been built and the latest brochure (released after my car was confirmed in the factory) is still stating stainless footrest it's not unreasonable to expect this to be case. If the August brochure had no stainless footrest then that would be a different story.

Either way I can't imagine I'll be too bothered as I'll be too excited to care when I pick up the car, but will mention it to the dealer and see what he says...

EDIT: Like the bit about 'promised at the point of sale'. Most of the time the dealer doesn't have a clue about spec, particularly standard stuff as they have no incentive to sell up. Also, my order form doesn't state what comes as standard, but just shows all the options added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keyser,
The city of Amsterdam vehicle carrier has left Emden this morning and is heading for the port of Tyne ETA 04.00 tomorrow morning, hopefully theres some new toys for us onboard :s3addict:

Reactions: keyser
I'll being pointing it out to the dealer as well. I've looked and I can't find a RHD S3 with one anywhere. Looks like its crappy plastic for us!

I'll being pointing it out to the dealer as well. I've looked and I can't find a RHD S3 with one anywhere. Looks like its crappy plastic for us!

Even the spec on website says we get metal pedals! And no disclaimer on their saying stating conditions! Ill be peed off if my S3 comes with plastic pedals

Am I the only one who couldn't give a flying about the dead pedal being metal instead of plastic?

I can't remember ever complimenting or being complimented on the material of my footrest & it's something you will not notice after owning the car for a week :)

At least... That was my thought before seeing it on the German models! NOW I WANT IT!

Reactions: bleedsoff and DAZS3
Am I the only one who couldn't give a flying about the dead pedal being metal instead of plastic?

I can't remember ever complimenting or being complimented on the material of my footrest & it's something you will not notice after owning the car for a week :)

At least... That was my thought before seeing it on the German models! NOW I WANT IT!

agreed with the first part, much ado about nothing.
major over-reaction.

these images show me three things - monsoon is a great colour, the standard S3 wheels are far better than the S-line ones, and a Sportback looks strange without roofbars.

IMO

Have to say the aluminium roof bars make an SB look a little like an Avant. I do like the look of Audi Avant's especially the RS6 :)

Luckily Ive ordered them for my S3 SB!