AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 34 of 153 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484134 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 6085
Like Tree3298Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    Thanks for confirmation, at least I know I am not losing an unnecessary £305 ! Looking back through the brochure I can see what the broker sites have based this reduced price on and made an error, the comfort pack is £605 but there is a reduced cost comfort pack of £300 (if other options are selected).
    This reduced price comfort pack is not available on the S3 or S Line.
    Well my dealer matched the broker price with the reduction! So even better!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Well my dealer matched the broker price with the reduction! So even better!
    Same!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi gilesf.

What are the issue(s) with this red? Is it related to the orange tint under strong fluorescence lighting?
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, S Line, S Tronic, Misano Red

auto-dimming rear mirror + light/rain sensor * driver assistance pack * interior light pack * technology pack high * LED headlights * advanced key * aluminium roof rails * active lane + side assist * B&O sound system * DAB radio * folding, heated, dimming door mirrors * fine Nappa leather * heated front seats * hold assist * parking system + park assist * progressive steering * reversing camera * tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Was in Sheffield at the weekend and had a good look at this Sportback, sure its Misano red. I liked the colour but i've heard of issues with this red so am sticking with estoril at this stage (panther black also now very tempting). This one is manual, S Tronic for me though and from what toadoftoadhall says, its a cracking drive. I do 20/25k miles a year and am truly fed up of manuals!
    Attachment 21742Attachment 21743Attachment 21744
    these aren't the standard wheels are they??

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoowatch View Post
    Hi gilesf.

What are the issue(s) with this red? Is it related to the orange tint under strong fluorescence lighting?
    Hi,

I read somewhere (might have been on this site but cant remember) the other day, and saw pics where a few people had issues with misano flaking off in some cases around the wheelarches, and had been back to their local dealer to try to get it resolved with mixed fortunes. Im no expert but it was enough to put me off.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    these aren't the standard wheels are they??
    Hi,

The dealer told me that they were the standard alloys, but I thought that these were the standard alloys as pictured below - sure people will confirm either way on here later.

untitled.jpg

1st Gear

Status

The dealer told me that they were the standard alloys, but I thought that these were the standard alloys as pictured below - sure people will confirm either way on here later.

untitled.jpg

Think the dealer was mistaken... C0Z are the standard alloys (in your picture)

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 12.50.02.jpgScreen Shot 2013-10-08 at 12.50.07.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    Where i live (outside uk) the standard alloys on the s3 are the s-line alloys and i had to pay 400eurs to get the s3 alloys (star pattern).

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicyrusivi View Post

Thanks, thats what I thought so I was a tad confused at the time. He wasnt a senior adviser and when I asked about the super sports seats he didnt seem familiar with those either so I was happy just to take pics of the car! Thanks for clearing that up.

6th Gear

Status

There is an error in the UK brochure ? Page 36. Picture describes wrong wheel

COZ are the better looking IMHO but may launch cars are coming with CC1 as fitted to S Line models (I think)

I've ordered COZ I hope!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    There is an error in the UK brochure ? Page 36. Picture describes wrong wheel

COZ are the better looking IMHO but may launch cars are coming with CC1 as fitted to S Line models (I think)

I've ordered COZ I hope!
    Hmmm just checked the physical brochure and page 26 (s-line model equipment) and page 28 (s3 Quattro model equipment) have different pictures, but have the same description. Is this what you meant?

I'd be inclined to believe page 56/57 (wheels, tyres and suspension) as descriptions/pictures seem to correlate!

I've been checking this out a lot as my dealer sent me over a confirmation of my spec after he sent me a picture of the car asking if they were the correct alloys - he still put CC1 on the confirmation. I've made it 100% clear in my email what I want, so any mistakes are down to them to rectify - shouldn't be a biggy as alloys are easy to swap out

I defo want the C0Z!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Was in Sheffield at the weekend and had a good look at this Sportback, sure its Misano red. I liked the colour but i've heard of issues with this red so am sticking with estoril at this stage (panther black also now very tempting). This one is manual, S Tronic for me though and from what toadoftoadhall says, its a cracking drive. I do 20/25k miles a year and am truly fed up of manuals!
    Attachment 21742Attachment 21743Attachment 21744
    Sportback must have roof bars.
    IMO.
    c.grex and gilesf like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi,

I read somewhere (might have been on this site but cant remember) the other day, and saw pics where a few people had issues with misano flaking off in some cases around the wheelarches, and had been back to their local dealer to try to get it resolved with mixed fortunes. Im no expert but it was enough to put me off.
    I have ordered a Misano Red so looked into this a before ordering and is not a problem specific the that colour, Audi's Misano Red has been around for at least 11 years, maybe longer, Audi's have had the odd paint problems on most colours across the range, but red's are no more proned to problems than any other colour from what i have seen, but people are wary having seen faded paint from the 80's / early 90's so blame the colour of the paint for the problems, but when grey (for example) paint flakes its down to bad paint / application not the colour, I was more worried about fading, but they seam to have sorted that out years ago. You still see the odd old vaxhall corsa driving round with a faded pink bonnet so I think it puts people off reds, it was one of first things the mrs said when I said I wanted red, but was reassuring having seen a few older Audi's with Misano dating date as far as 2002 and paint looks really good still, you only have to look on Auto trader at older cars to see it ages as well as any other colour.
    If it was more liable to problems Audi would have dropped it by now, as there have been several new versions of all the models across the range in the last decade, so have had many chances to change, but have stuck with it (and have probably improved the paint)
    Hope this helps anyone worrying about buying a red car.
    The less people that have it, the more unique my will be so don't pick it as all the paint will fall off when you wash it !
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Reverse Gear

Status
    New to the forum ordered the S3 on the 5th june, build wk 39, hopefully have the keys this month - dealer thinks in the next 2 weeks
    Went for S3 Stronic Sportback - Ice silver with
    Debadged to hopefully keep it low profile
    the black style pack
    Acoustic Parking
    B and O sound
    Folding door mirrors
    Privacy Glass
    Tech Pack High

Waiting for the call !
    Last edited by richy scott; 8th October 2013 at 17:47.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    I have ordered a Misano Red so looked into this a before ordering and is not a problem specific the that colour, Audi's Misano Red has been around for at least 11 years, maybe longer, Audi's have had the odd paint problems on most colours across the range, but red's are no more proned to problems than any other colour from what i have seen, but people are wary having seen faded paint from the 80's / early 90's so blame the colour of the paint for the problems, but when grey (for example) paint flakes its down to bad paint / application not the colour, I was more worried about fading, but they seam to have sorted that out years ago. You still see the odd old vaxhall corsa driving round with a faded pink bonnet so I think it puts people off reds, it was one of first things the mrs said when I said I wanted red, but was reassuring having seen a few older Audi's with Misano dating date as far as 2002 and paint looks really good still, you only have to look on Auto trader at older cars to see it ages as well as any other colour.
    If it was more liable to problems Audi would have dropped it by now, as there have been several new versions of all the models across the range in the last decade, so have had many chances to change, but have stuck with it (and have probably improved the paint)
    Hope this helps anyone worrying about buying a red car.
    The less people that have it, the more unique my will be so don't pick it as all the paint will fall off when you wash it !
    Sure that you are right about it not being colour specific, it was just a thread I spotted but of all the misano they sell there will always be the occasional problem as with any colour I suppose. My Dad has a misano A4 which he loves, personally estoril or panther black for me. Enjoy your motor, my wife is not at all convinced with my choice of an S3 but hopefully one drive will win her over!
    Fragup likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    update from Audi.

ordered 28th September, due at the earliest 1st April ! No joke

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Richy,
    build week 41 myself, delivery not far away now. I paid my deposit 1st May requesting the order to be placed as soon as the book opens as i wanted the earliest delivery, obviously that wasn't worth doing!! Oh well not long now.
    i assume you've had a good test drive already? I just returned an S3 sb yesterday after a generous two day test drive. I had all good intentions to drive carefully and try to achieve that 40 to the gallon that Audi quote, unfortunately that idea went out the window quickly! I've ordered S-tronic as you have (good choice for many reasons). The demo I had was manual but still very nice to drive. Performance was amazing and for legal reasons I will not quote the speed I tested this car to . What I will say is the power goes ALL the way up.
    Gutted I didn't order the interior light upgrade as that looks really classy.

Ive ordered Glacier white, black styling pack, privacy glass, black roof bars bla bla bla and im going to gloss black the roof (wrap). not seen any white sb yet? dont think theres many in favour of white this time round, seem to be all estoril, black, red or grey!
    Will be nice to see silver too, don't seem to be many of those either.

good luck with the delivery, hope it gets there soon
    gilesf likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by richy scott View Post
    New to the forum ordered the S3 on the 5th june, build wk 39, hopefully have the keys this month - dealer thinks in the next 2 weeks
    Went for S3 Stronic Sportback - Ice silver with
    Debadged to hopefully keep it low profile
    the black style pack
    Acoustic Parking
    B and O sound
    Folding door mirrors
    Privacy Glass
    Tech Pack High

Waiting for the call !
    Hi Richy,
    build week 41 myself, delivery not far away now. I paid my deposit 1st May requesting the order to be placed as soon as the book opens as i wanted the earliest delivery, obviously that wasn't worth doing!! Oh well not long now.
    i assume you've had a good test drive already? I just returned an S3 sb yesterday after a generous two day test drive. I had all good intentions to drive carefully and try to achieve that 40 to the gallon that Audi quote, unfortunately that idea went out the window quickly! I've ordered S-tronic as you have (good choice for many reasons). The demo I had was manual but still very nice to drive. Performance was amazing and for legal reasons I will not quote the speed I tested this car to . What I will say is the power goes ALL the way up.
    Gutted I didn't order the interior light upgrade as that looks really classy.

Ive ordered Glacier white, black styling pack, privacy glass, black roof bars bla bla bla and im going to gloss black the roof (wrap). not seen any white sb yet? dont think theres many in favour of white this time round, seem to be all estoril, black, red or grey!
    Will be nice to see silver too, don't seem to be many of those either.

good luck with the delivery, hope it gets there soon

1st Gear

Status
    Hi,

untitled.jpg
    Those are 19" S3 wheels of the Limousine (sedan). The C0D (18" S3) wheels are in Holland +€300. The S Line wheels is standard on the S3.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

4th Gear

Status
    Some really top not pictures of Misano Red and on page 2 some high quality pictures of the interior.

Also, if these photos don't make you think that detailing your car isn't a worthwhile exercise then nothing will!
    [Audi S3 8V][Misanorot][Definitive Wax Synthetic Edition]Neuwagenaufbereitung, Update: Innenraum in Post 40 - Show it Off kompakt - Autopflegeforum

Neutral

Status
    The dealer called me today to give me some good news about my build date. Originally quoted March delivery but called to say that build date is Week 45 for delivery early December. That's some serious change and seems very short as I ordered 2 weeks ago. I was slightly concerned after reading the wheels issues with incorrect images/part numbers but I remember the dealer going through the spec online. I think the launch car had the parallel spoke design but the standard spec has the Twin Spoke Star design which is what I prefer.

Also still a bit of discrepancy about the red design package. None of the images that I have seen have the door inserts in red but the brochure and website clearly states that the door trim inserts in parade red. The dealer is absolutely certain that they are going to be red but I'm still yet to see this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicker View Post
    The dealer called me today to give me some good news about my build date. Originally quoted March delivery but called to say that build date is Week 45 for delivery early December. That's some serious change and seems very short as I ordered 2 weeks ago. I was slightly concerned after reading the wheels issues with incorrect images/part numbers but I remember the dealer going through the spec online. I think the launch car had the parallel spoke design but the standard spec has the Twin Spoke Star design which is what I prefer.

Also still a bit of discrepancy about the red design package. None of the images that I have seen have the door inserts in red but the brochure and website clearly states that the door trim inserts in parade red. The dealer is absolutely certain that they are going to be red but I'm still yet to see this.
    What colour did you opt for mate?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    What colour did you opt for mate?
    Went for Brilliant Red, haven't a red car for a while, last 4 cars were, 2 white, 1 grey, and 1 black.

1st Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Congrats!!!

I've just had a look... It's weird

There's two special upholstery packs in the brochure. Both mention the "door trim inserts" but only the Capri orange shows the orange door trim in the photo - the parade red photo shows black door trim. Very strange

1.Capri orange design package for Sports seats. Front seat side bolsters, head restraints, front centre armrest, knee pads and armrest in the doors in black Milano leather with contrasting stitching in Capri orange, upper shoulder sections and door trim inserts in Capri orange velvet. Includes Capri orange contrasting stitching on the leather steering wheel, gear lever and gaiter. Also includes floor mats with piping in Capri orange. Must be ordered in conjunction with Storage and Luggage package (QE1)

2. Parade red design package with S3 embossing on the front seats. Front seat side bolsters, head restraints, front centre armrest,
    knee pads and armrest in the doors in black Fine Nappa leather with contrasting stitching in Parade red, upper shoulder sections and door trim inserts in Parade red velvet. Includes Parade red contrasting stitching on the leather steering wheel, gear lever and gaiter.
    Also includes floor mats with piping in Parade red

Neutral

Status
    I've just had a look... It's weird

There's two special upholstery packs in the brochure. Both mention the "door trim inserts" but only the Capri orange shows the orange door trim in the photo. Very strange

1.Capri orange design package for Sports seats. Front seat side bolsters, head restraints, front centre armrest, knee pads and armrest in the doors in black Milano leather with contrasting stitching in Capri orange, upper shoulder sections and door trim inserts in Capri orange velvet. Includes Capri orange contrasting stitching on the leather steering wheel, gear lever and gaiter. Also includes floor mats with piping in Capri orange. Must be ordered in conjunction with Storage and Luggage package (QE1)

2. Parade red design package with S3 embossing on the front seats. Front seat side bolsters, head restraints, front centre armrest,
    knee pads and armrest in the doors in black Fine Nappa leather with contrasting stitching in Parade red, upper shoulder sections and door trim inserts in Parade red velvet. Includes Parade red contrasting stitching on the leather steering wheel, gear lever and gaiter.
    Also includes floor mats with piping in Parade red
    It's really odd, when I ordered it I said if it doesn't have it in the door inserts I don't want it but now I'm a bit more relaxed about it. Mind you it doesn't mention the rear seats but pictures I have seen have the red in the rear seats as well. Hopefully it will have the door inserts in red but not too concerned if it doesn't, just seems £900 is a lot for it not to have that as well.

1st Gear

Status
    It's really odd, when I ordered it I said if it doesn't have it in the door inserts I don't want it but now I'm a bit more relaxed about it. Mind you it doesn't mention the rear seats but pictures I have seen have the red in the rear seats as well. Hopefully it will have the door inserts in red but not too concerned if it doesn't, just seems £900 is a lot for it not to have that as well.
    Found a picture with the red door cards from Audi.ie
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381262555.473187.jpg

I think the red is in the back too, pretty sure I saw it in a pic somewhere, will see what I can find
    ivicker likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Found a picture with the red door cards from Audi.ie
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381262555.473187.jpg

I think the red is in the back too, pretty sure I saw it in a pic somewhere, will see what I can find
    Good find, I think it looks better with the red in the door panels.

1st Gear

Status
    Good find, I think it looks better with the red in the door panels.
    Yup defo. If u need more confirmation - http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a3/s3...-features.html
    ivicker likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi guys

New to the forum and after a lot of reading and a test drive last weekend iv gone ahead and ordered an S3.

Spec is

S3 3door manual
    Monsoon Grey
    Comfort pack
    Led headlights
    Led interior lighting
    Audi sound system
    Hold assist
    Privacy glass
    Electric folding mirrors

Going for a March 1st collection, it's going to be a long wait but I can't wait for it
    baldrick, Louay, keyser and 2 others like this.

1st Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

There you go... Not parade red but still! You can see it effects the rear door panels and rear seats

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381263705.503956.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    Sure that you are right about it not being colour specific, it was just a thread I spotted but of all the misano they sell there will always be the occasional problem as with any colour I suppose. My Dad has a misano A4 which he loves, personally estoril or panther black for me. Enjoy your motor, my wife is not at all convinced with my choice of an S3 but hopefully one drive will win her over!
    as you says is so rare, I put it down to luck of the draw. And have seen problems on white, grey and blue as well (mainly on old model to be fair) And some people have slight preconceptions of red as mentioned.
    not enough to worry about if its the colour you like, paint of any colour will be under guarantee while I have the car and any problems would have occurred by then if a fault at the factory.

i love both your colours choices and exclusive to S3 which is a bonus.
    gilesf likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Reverse Gear

Status
    No drive yet of a demo - local dealer has not yet got the demo. My car is showing as at the port, not sure on which side of the water. Went for the silver for a low profile & lazy . I do not wash the car enough and the silver looks as though the shade just gets darker

Neutral

Status
    Yup defo. If u need more confirmation - Audi S3 Interior Style Features - Audi UK
    I did find that one in the end, it's all a bit smoke and mirrors though. Personally I think it looks much better with the red in the door card although the wife isn't keen..

3rd Gear

Status
    Just called Drive The Deal as they have given me the best quote so far (9% off) and I had read on here about the finance not being able to be quoted for. He said they can now and should have my quote to me shortly. I am going to go and see my local dealer later and see if they can match it. Hopefully they can do.

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

4th Gear

Status
    Carlisle, who I'm guessing DTD put you through to have been a fantastic garage to deal with so far for me, I'd recommend you send your business to them.

1st Gear

Status
    Been given provisional build week 5 and ordered last monday. Salesman expects it to come forward though.
    paullowther likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Just called Drive The Deal as they have given me the best quote so far (9% off) and I had read on here about the finance not being able to be quoted for. He said they can now and should have my quote to me shortly. I am going to go and see my local dealer later and see if they can match it. Hopefully they can do.
    I'm Lancashire based, what's your local dealer?

1st Gear

Status
    Just had the email from my dealer telling me that my car is "in production" - Very excited now.
    Toadoftoadhall and gilesf like this.
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I ordered last week and got confirmed build week 44. Should have the car in November!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    I ordered last week and got confirmed build week 44. Should have the car in November!
    Nice one - what colour / spec did you go for?

Mine will be a company car that is due for change next Summer, so in contrast to most people I am ok to wait for 6-8 months, will order in Dec and if its early all well and good.