Volks AutosBadger5
Page 33 of 156 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839404383133 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 6213
Like Tree3382Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

4th Gear

Status
    Here you go the_lecht_rocks + gilesf... An estoril blue with lunar silver alcantara.

Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    silver or black ?

I consider black against estoril quite awful, needs silver IMHO...
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Completely agree, definitely silver interior with estoril. Wouldn't necessarily have chosen silver originally but having seen it in pics I really like it, quite unique.

$(KGrHqNHJ!8FI9Q1UcuJBSUN)Minww~~48_27.JPG$(KGrHqRHJEkFI9oBU(s5BSUN)M2O+Q~~48_27.JPG$(KGrHqV,!ocFI)9BonEgBSUN)M1bC!~~48_27.JPG$T2eC16RHJF0FFZ47I7e!BSUN)Mue5!~~48_27.JPG$T2eC16R,!w4FI,V(N9CFBSUN)Mypp!~~48_27.JPG$T2eC16hHJHMFH!keOVzpBSUN)Mr3SQ~~48_27.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Battlekrapz, cuke2u and Lmg like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    Leather, had it in previous cars and always looks nice. I thought about silver for 5 seconds, then realised the I often wear black jeans and black tshirts and the black dye will stain the leather .

Personal preference, I prefer leather, for the look and feal.

Looking at the choices objectively

Leather is easier to clean
    Alcantara will grip you a little more so you wont slide as much in the corners (hence why its often used in perfornance cars)
    Leather can get remarkably hot in summer and chillingly cold in winter (skin grafts for summer and heated seats for winter can be helpfull for both of these, so not a problem)
    Alcantara can bobble or pill
    Leather can stretch, and needs nourishing.

The bit of the leather most likely to wear out are the bolsters which can have a problem rubbing against them as you get in and out, and these are on both full leather and part leather.

End of objective view on things

Choice is yours, full leather, or part leather part polyester

Whatever you do dont consider buying those nasty black leather super sport seats. They are only £600, yes £600 because you probably bought the lumbar support so they arent as expensive as you first thought, but they are black leather. I wasnt really bothered with them, but thought I would mention other choices
    Thanks for the advice, I need to think about it and get the decision right, don't want any regrets on a car that I'll be keeping for 4 years. I like the idea of a brighter interior which is why the silver appeals, equally there is an amount of practicality required with having kids. Decided against the sports seats simply because I don't think they enhance the interior enough and I didn't feel that it was money well spent. Need to see and feel alcanata first I think.

1st Gear

Status
    YAY!! Car ordered!

S3 Stronic Sportback

Esotril Blue
    AAC
    Advance Key
    Alcantara Leather Dark
    Aluminium Roof Rails
    Audi Parking System Plus
    B and O sound
    Comfort Package
    Folding door mirrors
    Electric seats
    High Beam assist
    Hold assist
    Interior Light Package
    LED Headlights
    Privacy Glass
    Reversing Camera
    Tech Pack High
    Through Load Facility
    Tyre Pressure Monitor

Now the wait begins

2nd Gear

Status
    Strange PAul, i noticed that the start engine button is located on the dash next to the steering in this particular car? On all other cars ive seen, it's located on the central console?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    Strange PAul, i noticed that the start engine button is located on the dash next to the steering in this particular car? On all other cars ive seen, it's located on the central console?
    I'm pretty sure it's on the centre console

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's on the centre console
    Take a closer look, it's not. It's a much nicer location on Paul's picture, looks like how bmw have done it, just on the other side of the steering wheel.

1st Gear

Status
    Take a closer look, it's not. It's a much nicer location on Paul's picture, looks like how bmw have done it, just on the other side of the steering wheel.
    I meant in reality. I prefer it on the centre console don't want my car to resemble anything like a BMW

1st Gear

Status
    I meant in reality. I prefer it on the centre console don't want my car to resemble anything like a BMW
    Looks to me like there's a key in the ignition, so seems unlikely this one has Advanced Key

1st Gear

Status
    yes I was surprised to see that it has no start button or insert for a key in the dash (like my A4) and it just has a flip blade key that you insert into the steering column and turn. was told even R8's without advance key also have a proper key in the column.

1st Gear

Status
    Interesting quote from a broker for a New S3 SB.

I wanted a quote for PCP and have been told that they can't quote as deliveries are now into the next financial year, mid April to end of April. This means Dealers don't know what finance is on offer past the end of March and won't know till January 2014.

4th Gear

Status
    Call me old fashioned but I quite like placing the key into the steering column, makes me feel like part of the mechanics of the car.

Yes, it doesn't feel like you're starting a jet fighter but I could argue it feels like turning the key to initialise a nuclear launch.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    Interesting quote from a broker for a New S3 SB.

I wanted a quote for PCP and have been told that they can't quote as deliveries are now into the next financial year, mid April to end of April. This means Dealers don't know what finance is on offer past the end of March and won't know till January 2014.
    c.grex, which broker?, doesn't sound right to me.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I quite like placing the key into the steering column, makes me feel like part of the mechanics of the car.

Yes, it doesn't feel like you're starting a jet fighter but I could argue it feels like turning the key to initialise a nuclear launch.
    I prefer not to have my car stolen by a hoodie with laptop - so will not be having that option in any car I own! Chap I know had his BMW stolen without keys where they bypassed the 'Advanced Key'. Glad it's an option I don't have to have actually!
    Louay and paullowther like this.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    c.grex, which broker?, doesn't sound right to me.
    Drive the deal. They will get to know in January what the new car prices will be for april 2014 onwards and also if the is any change to finance, i.e. APR or dealer contributions. It is highly likely that nothing will change, but if I place a order the true finance figures won't be available to me until January.

Neutral

Status
    On that basis no one can make an order at a dealership at the present OTR car price, let alone know what the true finance package price will be without taking a risk that it will be higher than present. I mean price increase of 1% to 3% is not out of question, plus possibly worse apr's. All starting to sound like bit of a risky business if you want to work to a budget, especially if you are looking for a reasonable discount circa 8%. Not good!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    On that basis no one can make an order at a dealership at the present OTR car price, let alone know what the true finance package price will be without taking a risk that it will be higher than present. I mean price increase of 1% to 3% is not out of question, plus possibly worse apr's. All starting to sound like bit of a risky business if you want to work to a budget, especially if you are looking for a reasonable discount circa 8%. Not good!
    The point is that a dealer who isn't offering a discount will take a risk on the finance! after all as you have pointed out, they have 8% or more to take a risk with! it's just those dealers / brokers who don't have that to play with that won't guarantee the finance. They did say the car price will be the same if the order is placed now.

1st Gear

Status
    The other thing that I suspect could be happening is that the dealers the broker are using want to get sales into the next financial year early, so son't want them on this years books. just a guess.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
    Looks to me like there's a key in the ignition, so seems unlikely this one has Advanced Key
    Good point, i wonder what that redish round thing is on the left of the steering then...?

6th Gear

Status
    Just a warning sticker of some sort it looks like to me, probably because it's a demo car
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for that and well found, trawled the net without success! I prefer it to the black.

1st Gear

Status
    YAY!! Car ordered!

S3 Stronic Sportback

Esotril Blue
    AAC
    Advance Key
    Alcantara Leather Dark
    Aluminium Roof Rails
    Audi Parking System Plus
    B and O sound
    Comfort Package
    Folding door mirrors
    Electric seats
    High Beam assist
    Hold assist
    Interior Light Package
    LED Headlights
    Privacy Glass
    Reversing Camera
    Tech Pack High
    Through Load Facility
    Tyre Pressure Monitor

Now the wait begins
    Well done!! What lead time are they quoting out of interest?

1st Gear

Status
    Well done!! What lead time are they quoting out of interest?
    Well just a general chat about it nothing properly confirmed but my sales guy said looking for most likely end if Jan. Also got him to match a brooker price so nice hefty 7/8% of the Otr price.

1st Gear

Status
    Well just a general chat about it nothing properly confirmed but my sales guy said looking for most likely end if Jan. Also got him to match a brooker price so nice hefty 7/8% of the Otr price.
    That sounds fairly quick then, I was envisaging 6-7 months. I sent a spec off to dealers via carwow and the average discount was approx 4%, encouraging to see that you did considerably better!

2nd Gear

Status

Thumbs up

This thread is missing something... Pix!!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Battlekrapz; 7th October 2013 at 16:22.

3rd Gear

Status
    Just spoke to my salesman and some of Audi Aberdeen's cars allocated week 41 build were on the boat at the end of last week apparently.

Mine will be built in two weeks, although perhaps earlier..........

3rd Gear

Status
    This thread is missing something... Pix!!!
    battlekrapz - is that panther black ? looks a bit subdued with the black-out option pack on th chrome and body coloured mirrors, although the paint flake looks great

1st Gear

Status
    That sounds fairly quick then, I was envisaging 6-7 months. I sent a spec off to dealers via carwow and the average discount was approx 4%, encouraging to see that you did considerably better!
    Just got to find a dealer who has slots available that's all.

1st Gear

Status
    Does the S3 have stop and go, I'm a bit confused. Seems a bit pointless if it does.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah the S3 has stop and go but you can turn it off if you wish.

4th Gear

Status
    battlekrapz - is that panther black ? looks a bit subdued with the black-out option pack on th chrome and body coloured mirrors, although the paint flake looks great
    Definitely needs the wing mirrors in aluminium I think to help break up the black. Makes a huge difference.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    Does the S3 have stop and go, I'm a bit confused. Seems a bit pointless if it does.
    Also does forwards and backwards plus goes round corners!
    Daveotto and the_lecht_rocks like this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Also does forwards and backwards plus goes round corners!
    And the horn goes "beep"
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm not too sure but i think so cause they do mention panther black where I took the pics from:

S3 Bilder Thread Seite 11 : Habe ihn gestern in IN abgeholt. Anbei ein paar Bilder... p...
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    I'm not too sure but i think so cause they do mention panther black where I took the pics from:

S3 Bilder Thread Seite 11 : Habe ihn gestern in IN abgeholt. Anbei ein paar Bilder... p...
    It's certainly panther, you can tell when the sun shines on certain parts of the car - it goes slightly purple in colour.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    After two extended test drives in rthe last week of S3 Sportbacks - one s-tronic and the other a manual - I am very very close to ordering. One thing puzzles me and I was hoping someone who has ordered may assist.

The list price for LED headlights is £795. The detailed info states they include features that are already included as part of comfort pack. (L & R sensor pack)
    The Drive the Deal and Orange Wheels site list the LED headlights at £490.
    I asked today at the local dealer and was told the £795 is the correct price. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? Thks.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    After two extended test drives in rthe last week of S3 Sportbacks - one s-tronic and the other a manual - I am very very close to ordering. One thing puzzles me and I was hoping someone who has ordered may assist.

The list price for LED headlights is £795. The detailed info states they include features that are already included as part of comfort pack. (L & R sensor pack)
    The Drive the Deal and Orange Wheels site list the LED headlights at £490.
    I asked today at the local dealer and was told the £795 is the correct price. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? Thks.
    i was originally quoted £490, but it was corrected to £795 when the dealer entered it into the audi build register.
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, from what I have seen many of the online car brokers do not get the options prices correct as per audi. The only one I've seen that will price correctly is buyacar...

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for confirmation, at least I know I am not losing an unnecessary £305 ! Looking back through the brochure I can see what the broker sites have based this reduced price on and made an error, the comfort pack is £605 but there is a reduced cost comfort pack of £300 (if other options are selected).
    This reduced price comfort pack is not available on the S3 or S Line.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Hi mate,

I was dead against autos and manual all the way .......

until I test drive the S5 with s-tronic !

Absolutely fantastic and suited the car so much - and there is NO WAY I could ever match the gear change times of the auto in a manual .... I was amazed but it converted me.

Be very interested to hear your comments following test drive/s.
    Quick update after two extended test drives in s-tronic and the manual.

As expected overall the S3 is simply amazing - engine sound, power, grip, handling, acceleration, interior superb etc etc etc.

S- tronic - drove this one last friday for the day. It only had 200 miles on clock, salesman told me when I collected car:
    music off, find clear road, windows down, dynamic mode and give it full throttle.

Well the sound was fantastic, the upshift pops and burps, the engine, bit of turbo whine. The virtually seemless gear changes and constant surge of power. Very very addictive.

The s-tronic was really impressive indeed. Occasionally it was good to just burble along steadily, and the s tronic just made for a lovely smooth cruise which could at any time be suddenly ended with a plant of the right foot - very very slight delay going down a few gears but then off you fly pinned back in your seat! As an alternative the paddle shifts were good fun now and again too, dropping it down 2 or 3 gears now and again for overtakes or fun! It was really really good and in truth better than I thought it might be.

The manual car I had yesterday. Very good I must say. Best bit about it for me: under hard acceleration was third to fourth at full beans - with the less smooth clutch control of my left foot compared to the s tronic you get such a wonderful heavy punch in the back as it throws you hard into your seat.

As highlighted by some of your before, one of not so good points was that it was so fast you couldn't keep up with gears - in 1st and 2nd it would regularly bounce the rev limiter. Especially if doing something else like steering!

The engine/exhaust sound was amazing on both but the s-tronic upshift and sometimes the down shift noises really added quite bit of extra pleasure. I have never smiled/grinned so much with both versions but the s tronic gave me slightly more smiles per gallon!

The manual occasionally under full throttle driving did deliver some extra noises but you couldn't play with these noises like you could the s tronic. I reckon with more time to get used to the s tronic it would only improve too - getting more practiced with getting what you want out of it. S tronic for me.

1st Gear

Status
    Was in Sheffield at the weekend and had a good look at this Sportback, sure its Misano red. I liked the colour but i've heard of issues with this red so am sticking with estoril at this stage (panther black also now very tempting). This one is manual, S Tronic for me though and from what toadoftoadhall says, its a cracking drive. I do 20/25k miles a year and am truly fed up of manuals!
    WP_20131004_002.jpgWP_20131004_004.jpgWP_20131004_001.jpg