2013 Audi S3

Here you go the_lecht_rocks + gilesf... An estoril blue with lunar silver alcantara.

silver or black ?

I consider black against estoril quite awful, needs silver IMHO...

Completely agree, definitely silver interior with estoril. Wouldn't necessarily have chosen silver originally but having seen it in pics I really like it, quite unique.

KGrHqNHJ8FI9Q1UcuJBSUNMinww48 27KGrHqRHJEkFI9oBUs5BSUNM2OQ48 27KGrHqVocFI9BonEgBSUNM1bC48 27T2eC16RHJF0FFZ47I7eBSUNMue548 27T2eC16Rw4FIVN9CFBSUNMypp48 27T2eC16hHJHMFHkeOVzpBSUNMr3SQ48 27

Reactions: cuke2u, Battlekrapz and Lmg
Leather, had it in previous cars and always looks nice. I thought about silver for 5 seconds, then realised the I often wear black jeans and black tshirts :rock:and the black dye will stain the leather .

Personal preference, I prefer leather, for the look and feal.

Looking at the choices objectively

Leather is easier to clean
Alcantara will grip you a little more so you wont slide as much in the corners (hence why its often used in perfornance cars)
Leather can get remarkably hot in summer and chillingly cold in winter (skin grafts for summer and heated seats for winter can be helpfull for both of these, so not a problem)
Alcantara can bobble or pill
Leather can stretch, and needs nourishing.

The bit of the leather most likely to wear out are the bolsters which can have a problem rubbing against them as you get in and out, and these are on both full leather and part leather.

End of objective view on things

Choice is yours, full leather, or part leather part polyester :)

Whatever you do dont consider buying those nasty black leather super sport seats. They are only £600, yes £600 because you probably bought the lumbar support so they arent as expensive as you first thought, but they are black leather. I wasnt really bothered with them, but thought I would mention other choices

Thanks for the advice, I need to think about it and get the decision right, don't want any regrets on a car that I'll be keeping for 4 years. I like the idea of a brighter interior which is why the silver appeals, equally there is an amount of practicality required with having kids. Decided against the sports seats simply because I don't think they enhance the interior enough and I didn't feel that it was money well spent. Need to see and feel alcanata first I think.

YAY!! Car ordered! :arco:

S3 Stronic Sportback

Esotril Blue
AAC
Advance Key
Alcantara Leather Dark
Aluminium Roof Rails
Audi Parking System Plus
B and O sound
Comfort Package
Folding door mirrors
Electric seats
High Beam assist
Hold assist
Interior Light Package
LED Headlights
Privacy Glass
Reversing Camera
Tech Pack High
Through Load Facility
Tyre Pressure Monitor

Now the wait begins :(

Strange PAul, i noticed that the start engine button is located on the dash next to the steering in this particular car? On all other cars ive seen, it's located on the central console?

I'm pretty sure it's on the centre console

I'm pretty sure it's on the centre console

Take a closer look, it's not. It's a much nicer location on Paul's picture, looks like how bmw have done it, just on the other side of the steering wheel.

Take a closer look, it's not. It's a much nicer location on Paul's picture, looks like how bmw have done it, just on the other side of the steering wheel.

I meant in reality. I prefer it on the centre console don't want my car to resemble anything like a BMW :)

I meant in reality. I prefer it on the centre console don't want my car to resemble anything like a BMW :)

Looks to me like there's a key in the ignition, so seems unlikely this one has Advanced Key

yes I was surprised to see that it has no start button or insert for a key in the dash (like my A4) and it just has a flip blade key that you insert into the steering column and turn. was told even R8's without advance key also have a proper key in the column.

Interesting quote from a broker for a New S3 SB.

I wanted a quote for PCP and have been told that they can't quote as deliveries are now into the next financial year, mid April to end of April. This means Dealers don't know what finance is on offer past the end of March and won't know till January 2014.

Call me old fashioned but I quite like placing the key into the steering column, makes me feel like part of the mechanics of the car.

Yes, it doesn't feel like you're starting a jet fighter but I could argue it feels like turning the key to initialise a nuclear launch.

Interesting quote from a broker for a New S3 SB.

I wanted a quote for PCP and have been told that they can't quote as deliveries are now into the next financial year, mid April to end of April. This means Dealers don't know what finance is on offer past the end of March and won't know till January 2014.

c.grex, which broker?, doesn't sound right to me.

Call me old fashioned but I quite like placing the key into the steering column, makes me feel like part of the mechanics of the car.

Yes, it doesn't feel like you're starting a jet fighter but I could argue it feels like turning the key to initialise a nuclear launch.

I prefer not to have my car stolen by a hoodie with laptop - so will not be having that option in any car I own! Chap I know had his BMW stolen without keys where they bypassed the 'Advanced Key'. Glad it's an option I don't have to have actually!

Reactions: Louay and paullowther
c.grex, which broker?, doesn't sound right to me.

Drive the deal. They will get to know in January what the new car prices will be for april 2014 onwards and also if the is any change to finance, i.e. APR or dealer contributions. It is highly likely that nothing will change, but if I place a order the true finance figures won't be available to me until January.

On that basis no one can make an order at a dealership at the present OTR car price, let alone know what the true finance package price will be without taking a risk that it will be higher than present. I mean price increase of 1% to 3% is not out of question, plus possibly worse apr's. All starting to sound like bit of a risky business if you want to work to a budget, especially if you are looking for a reasonable discount circa 8%. Not good!

On that basis no one can make an order at a dealership at the present OTR car price, let alone know what the true finance package price will be without taking a risk that it will be higher than present. I mean price increase of 1% to 3% is not out of question, plus possibly worse apr's. All starting to sound like bit of a risky business if you want to work to a budget, especially if you are looking for a reasonable discount circa 8%. Not good!

The point is that a dealer who isn't offering a discount will take a risk on the finance! after all as you have pointed out, they have 8% or more to take a risk with! it's just those dealers / brokers who don't have that to play with that won't guarantee the finance. They did say the car price will be the same if the order is placed now.

The other thing that I suspect could be happening is that the dealers the broker are using want to get sales into the next financial year early, so son't want them on this years books. just a guess.

Looks to me like there's a key in the ignition, so seems unlikely this one has Advanced Key

Good point, i wonder what that redish round thing is on the left of the steering then...?

Just a warning sticker of some sort it looks like to me, probably because it's a demo car

Reactions: Battlekrapz
YAY!! Car ordered! :arco:

S3 Stronic Sportback

Esotril Blue
AAC
Advance Key
Alcantara Leather Dark
Aluminium Roof Rails
Audi Parking System Plus
B and O sound
Comfort Package
Folding door mirrors
Electric seats
High Beam assist
Hold assist
Interior Light Package
LED Headlights
Privacy Glass
Reversing Camera
Tech Pack High
Through Load Facility
Tyre Pressure Monitor

Now the wait begins :(

Well done!! What lead time are they quoting out of interest?

Well done!! What lead time are they quoting out of interest?

Well just a general chat about it nothing properly confirmed but my sales guy said looking for most likely end if Jan. Also got him to match a brooker price so nice hefty 7/8% of the Otr price.

Well just a general chat about it nothing properly confirmed but my sales guy said looking for most likely end if Jan. Also got him to match a brooker price so nice hefty 7/8% of the Otr price.

That sounds fairly quick then, I was envisaging 6-7 months. I sent a spec off to dealers via carwow and the average discount was approx 4%, encouraging to see that you did considerably better!

This thread is missing something... Pix!!! :beerchug:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
Reactions: Ecosphere, Lmg, gilesf and 2 others
Just spoke to my salesman and some of Audi Aberdeen's cars allocated week 41 build were on the boat at the end of last week apparently.

Mine will be built in two weeks, although perhaps earlier..........

That sounds fairly quick then, I was envisaging 6-7 months. I sent a spec off to dealers via carwow and the average discount was approx 4%, encouraging to see that you did considerably better!

Just got to find a dealer who has slots available that's all.

Does the S3 have stop and go, I'm a bit confused. Seems a bit pointless if it does.

Yeah the S3 has stop and go but you can turn it off if you wish.

battlekrapz - is that panther black ? looks a bit subdued with the black-out option pack on th chrome and body coloured mirrors, although the paint flake looks great :)

Definitely needs the wing mirrors in aluminium I think to help break up the black. Makes a huge difference.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
After two extended test drives in rthe last week of S3 Sportbacks - one s-tronic and the other a manual - I am very very close to ordering. One thing puzzles me and I was hoping someone who has ordered may assist.

The list price for LED headlights is £795. The detailed info states they include features that are already included as part of comfort pack. (L & R sensor pack)
The Drive the Deal and Orange Wheels site list the LED headlights at £490.
I asked today at the local dealer and was told the £795 is the correct price. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? :think:Thks.

After two extended test drives in rthe last week of S3 Sportbacks - one s-tronic and the other a manual - I am very very close to ordering. One thing puzzles me and I was hoping someone who has ordered may assist.

The list price for LED headlights is £795. The detailed info states they include features that are already included as part of comfort pack. (L & R sensor pack)
The Drive the Deal and Orange Wheels site list the LED headlights at £490.
I asked today at the local dealer and was told the £795 is the correct price. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? :think:Thks.

i was originally quoted £490, but it was corrected to £795 when the dealer entered it into the audi build register.

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall
Hi, from what I have seen many of the online car brokers do not get the options prices correct as per audi. The only one I've seen that will price correctly is buyacar...

Thanks for confirmation, at least I know I am not losing an unnecessary £305 ! Looking back through the brochure I can see what the broker sites have based this reduced price on and made an error, the comfort pack is £605 but there is a reduced cost comfort pack of £300 (if other options are selected).
This reduced price comfort pack is not available on the S3 or S Line.

Hi mate,

I was dead against autos and manual all the way .......

until I test drive the S5 with s-tronic !

Absolutely fantastic and suited the car so much - and there is NO WAY I could ever match the gear change times of the auto in a manual .... I was amazed but it converted me.

Be very interested to hear your comments following test drive/s.

Quick update after two extended test drives in s-tronic and the manual.

As expected overall the S3 is simply amazing - engine sound, power, grip, handling, acceleration, interior superb etc etc etc.

S- tronic - drove this one last friday for the day. It only had 200 miles on clock, salesman told me when I collected car:
music off, find clear road, windows down, dynamic mode and give it full throttle.

Well the sound was fantastic, the upshift pops and burps, the engine, bit of turbo whine. The virtually seemless gear changes and constant surge of power. Very very addictive.

The s-tronic was really impressive indeed. Occasionally it was good to just burble along steadily, and the s tronic just made for a lovely smooth cruise which could at any time be suddenly ended with a plant of the right foot - very very slight delay going down a few gears but then off you fly pinned back in your seat! As an alternative the paddle shifts were good fun now and again too, dropping it down 2 or 3 gears now and again for overtakes or fun! It was really really good and in truth better than I thought it might be.

The manual car I had yesterday. Very good I must say. Best bit about it for me: under hard acceleration was third to fourth at full beans - with the less smooth clutch control of my left foot compared to the s tronic you get such a wonderful heavy punch in the back as it throws you hard into your seat.

As highlighted by some of your before, one of not so good points was that it was so fast you couldn't keep up with gears - in 1st and 2nd it would regularly bounce the rev limiter. Especially if doing something else like steering!

The engine/exhaust sound was amazing on both but the s-tronic upshift and sometimes the down shift noises really added quite bit of extra pleasure. I have never smiled/grinned so much with both versions :) but the s tronic gave me slightly more smiles per gallon!

The manual occasionally under full throttle driving did deliver some extra noises but you couldn't play with these noises like you could the s tronic. I reckon with more time to get used to the s tronic it would only improve too - getting more practiced with getting what you want out of it. S tronic for me.

Reactions: Ecosphere, Lmg, Battlekrapz and 4 others
Was in Sheffield at the weekend and had a good look at this Sportback, sure its Misano red. I liked the colour but i've heard of issues with this red so am sticking with estoril at this stage (panther black also now very tempting). This one is manual, S Tronic for me though and from what toadoftoadhall says, its a cracking drive. I do 20/25k miles a year and am truly fed up of manuals!
WP 20131004 002WP 20131004 004WP 20131004 001