Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Page 32 of 153 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132333435363738394282132 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 6085
Like Tree3298Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

  1. #1241
    Silky-S3's Avatar
    Is loving his new 8V S3!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Panther Black far better than Estoril.
    Good choice to those that have changed.
    Hahaha, far better? Explain?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #1242
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Colour is utterly personal, estoril and panther both great colours, but I'm sticking with estoril, unique to s models and not had a blue Car in 26 years of car ownership........!
    Silky-S3 likes this.

  4. #1243
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    734
    Does anybody know how similar the s tronic gear box in the s3 is to the one in the r8? Are they the same/share similar parts?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  5. #1244
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Does anybody know how similar the s tronic gear box in the s3 is to the one in the r8? Are they the same/share similar parts?
    no idea, but the porsche PDK is way superior to the s3 auto box, so I'd expect the r8 to be comparable TO the PDK..if the r8 doesn't compete with the PDK, then audi have work to do....

  6. #1245
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    no idea, but the porsche PDK is way superior to the s3 auto box, so I'd expect the r8 to be comparable TO the PDK..if the r8 doesn't compete with the PDK, then audi have work to do....
    That's what made me think to start with. I just saw a review of both the s tronic in the r8 and the new pdk in the Porsche. The reviewer said that the one in the r8 was the best gearbox in the world, I was hoping that it would be similar to the s3!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  7. #1246
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    That's what made me think to start with. I just saw a review of both the s tronic in the r8 and the new pdk in the Porsche. The reviewer said that the one in the r8 was the best gearbox in the world, I was hoping that it would be similar to the s3!
    nope, the s3 stronic is not even close to PDK I'm afraid....

  8. #1247
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Hi David,

    Thanks very much, I should have checked for posts about magnetic ride, will have a good look tonight.

    Needless to say I am very excited about ordering an S3, hit the big 40 in June so why not, my wife isn't keen but she's fine with her Smax! Thanks for the assistance, this is obviously the place to be for the best spec advice.

    regards giles.

  9. #1248
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Hi David,

    Thanks very much, I should have checked for posts about magnetic ride, will have a good look tonight.

    Needless to say I am very excited about ordering an S3, hit the big 40 in June so why not, my wife isn't keen but she's fine with her Smax! Thanks for the assistance, this is obviously the place to be for the best spec advice.

    regards giles.
    you need a 911 to celebrate your 40th, not an S3 !
    StefRobinson likes this.

  10. #1249
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    you need a 911 to celebrate your 40th, not an S3 !
    !!!! Yeh, would love a 911, sadly out of my price range, also this is a company car so that's stretching it. The sales guy at Sheffield audi has apparently never sold an S3 as a company car, happy to be his first! At least I can still get the kids in the back this way!!

  11. #1250
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    !!!! Yeh, would love a 911, sadly out of my price range, also this is a company car so that's stretching it. The sales guy at Sheffield audi has apparently never sold an S3 as a company car, happy to be his first! At least I can still get the kids in the back this way!!
    ah, kids, of course..... Something I've not got to consider

  12. #1251
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    ah, kids, of course..... Something I've not got to consider
    lucky you, in the car sense. I've been showing my kids videos of S3's on YouTube and they're about as excited as me. Was considering a Merc or Beamer but just don't appeal as much.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

  13. #1252
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Yep, I need a 2nd car that can carry bikes and skis. The s3 is my utilitarian mule and should get me to cairngorm or the shee on demand......

    not sure how the lunar silver will cope with sweat and road salt, but who cares..... 300hp and 4wd on winters will be great fun
    gilesf likes this.

  14. #1253
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Yep, I need a 2nd car that can carry bikes and skis. The s3 is my utilitarian mule and should get me to cairngorm or the shee on demand......

    not sure how the lunar silver will cope with sweat and road salt, but who cares..... 300hp and 4wd on winters will be great fun
    I'm glad to see another looking to buy lunar silver. It surprises me that more people don't opt for lighter colour interiors.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  15. #1254
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    I'm glad to see another looking to buy lunar silver. It surprises me that more people don't opt for lighter colour interiors.
    black interiors are so 1990 though....."... N'est ce pas....?

  16. #1255
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    black interiors are so 1990 though....."... N'est ce pas....?
    Agreed, nice to have an option other than black. Having said that, I do like the optional red/black seat combo that is available, choices choices!

  17. #1256
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Hahaha, far better? Explain?
    Didn't think it needed explanation, but since you appear to require it I will elaborate.

    What I have done is pass judgement and made a comment on a forum.
    Generally that makes it my opinion on a particular matter that is being discussed.

    Panther black is a far better colour on a car than Estoril.
    Estoril is not a colour I particularly dislike against other colours, until I see it on a car.
    When you see it on a car it's not good at showing the cars lines off, and is far more boring than blacks and greys.

    I wouldn't ever select panther black either, but that's due to being lazy when it comes to cleaning cars.
    When its clean it's very good, but not for me.

  18. #1257
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Didn't think it needed explanation, but since you appear to require it I will elaborate.

    What I have done is pass judgement and made a comment on a forum.
    Generally that makes it my opinion on a particular matter that is being discussed.
    I
    Panther black is a far better colour on a car than Estoril.
    Estoril is not a colour I particularly dislike against other colours, until I see it on a car.
    When you see it on a car it's not good at showing the cars lines off, and is far more boring than blacks and greys.

    I wouldn't ever select panther black either, but that's due to being lazy when it comes to cleaning cars.
    When its clean it's very good, but not for me.
    don't be daft, colour is an emotional choice and there is no such thing as a "better" colour ... In your opinion, you like panther.....i like both, but estoril nudges it....for me..... Then again, I gave a basalt black 911 carrera gts and a seal silver vfr1200 to clean occasionally too.....

  19. #1258
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    don't be daft, colour is an emotional choice and there is no such thing as a "better" colour ... In your opinion, you like panther.....i like both, but estoril nudges it....for me..... Then again, I gave a basalt black 911 carrera gts and a seal silver vfr1200 to clean occasionally too.....
    Nothing daft about it, it's my opinion indeed, that's the reason I put it out there.
    I really don't understand why that needs to be explained........twice.
    I think i might have to add IMO after every statement just so its explained clearly enough for those that might be confused or upset.

    Way to go off topic and tell everyone about your fleet though, using the thread and your questionable choice of colour on the S3 to mention that you have a Porker.................like what you did there, well in.
    rams_s3 likes this.

  20. #1259
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    734
    Now now boys
    TDI-line and Cumbrian_bob like this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  21. #1260
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    211
    Found a walkaround video of the S3. 2014 Audi S3 Sportback Exterior & Interior 2.0 Turbo 300 Hp 250+ Km/h 155+ mph * see also Playlist - YouTube

    The exhausts and diffuser even work well on the car. The red seats work with misano paint. And at 1.30 the big flappy paddles on the stearing wheel look the business.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

  22. #1261
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    Found a walkaround video of the S3. 2014 Audi S3 Sportback Exterior & Interior 2.0 Turbo 300 Hp 250+ Km/h 155+ mph * see also Playlist - YouTube

    The exhausts and diffuser even work well on the car. The red seats work with misano paint. And at 1.30 the big flappy paddles on the stearing wheel look the business.
    indeed, that's almost exactly the same car as the aberdeen audi demo...........I only think those seats work with Misano or one of the blacks however......
    gilesf likes this.

  23. #1262
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    Found a walkaround video of the S3. 2014 Audi S3 Sportback Exterior & Interior 2.0 Turbo 300 Hp 250+ Km/h 155+ mph * see also Playlist - YouTube

    The exhausts and diffuser even work well on the car. The red seats work with misano paint. And at 1.30 the big flappy paddles on the stearing wheel look the business.
    Nice video, thanks, love the misano red with the black and red seats, looks amazing. Especially ion the S3
    i am bit biased on the colours though.
    agree with 'the lecht rock' about certain colours
    i think seats wouldn't work with some other colours, but reds, blacks, poss dark greys, in that order would work best in my opinion.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

  24. #1263
    VeeDubDan's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    244
    Can't say I'm a fan of the red/black seats. Look Chav to me, and not in keeping with the style of the S3 but that's just my opinion. Also having seen them first hand I think the red material wil be a PITA to keep looking clean.
    PilotAudi likes this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

  25. #1264
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of the red/black seats. Look Chav to me, and not in keeping with the style of the S3 but that's just my opinion. Also having seen them first hand I think the red material wil be a PITA to keep looking clean.
    Agree with this.
    Not for me, even on Misano, again having seen it on the Aberdeen demo.

    Got red/black leather in my current car, and the red leather is not looking good 7 months in.

    Alcantara is the way to go, feels better sitting on it and wears better.
    Don't think I'd spec full leather again unless there was no alternative.

    IMO.

  26. #1265
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Should I change my order and go for B&O? At the moment I've just spec'ed the Audi Sound System. Is B&O worth the £500 upgrade? Got Bose in my current S3, and it seems ok but not mind blowing.
    We have Bose in current A3 and had B&O in previous A5's.. Once experienced the standard system (and Audi sound system once standard!) sound p. poor IMHO>
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  27. #1266
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Agree with this.
    Not for me, even on Misano, again having seen it on the Aberdeen demo.

    Got red/black leather in my current car, and the red leather is not looking good 7 months in.

    Alcantara is the way to go, feels better sitting on it and wears better.
    Don't think I'd spec full leather again unless there was no alternative.

    IMO.
    thats interesting. I am ordering mine in December and now that people here have mentioned the silver,I might go for that, but is the alcantara easy to keep clean? If it's more comfortable thats a bonus, but leather is just so easy to wipe clean.

  28. #1267
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    thats interesting. I am ordering mine in December and now that people here have mentioned the silver,I might go for that, but is the alcantara easy to keep clean? If it's more comfortable thats a bonus, but leather is just so easy to wipe clean.
    That will depend on what you may mess it up with.
    Liquids will likely soak into alcantara quicker than leather, but anything else will clean up as well.

    Alcantara is more durable than leather and takes less effort to maintain it.
    Got it in a car that is 11 years old, and the leather on the side bolsters looks 11 years old, but the alcantara still looks as fresh as it would when it came out of the factory.

  29. #1268
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Hi,
    New to the forum..
    I took a look at the demo car at my local dealers yesterday, 5dr estoril blue, looks stunning. Have a test drive booked in next week. I took a test drive for a M135i recently but there is no getting away from it, aesthetically its 'hard to love', on the plus side the drive was great. However having had a E46 330ci in the past, when the rain pours down the back end became too twitchy for my liking and in snow, forget it. I'm sure that these characteristics would be carried over ten fold in a car with over 300bhp.

    Sooo.. everything is pointing towards the S3 as the more sensible option.. one sticking point the price...
    Currently it is not too difficult to get circa 16% and better discount off list for a M135i and a high GVF value figure on a 5dr specc'd to about 34k OTR [auto, satnav, rear parking sensor] with 8k miles over 3 years pcp is coming in at around £370 a month, on a 3k deposit, oh and free 5 year servicing also.

    The local Audi dealer when I looked around the S3 yesterday started off at "no discounts" new model yada yada, but after a bit of sales patter it changed to "well there's always deals to be done". I reckon if I could squeeze 2-3% off list I would be doing well at the local dealer.. Orange wheels and others appears to be advertising around 8% off list.

    The problem I am finding with PCP is there appears to be a lot of variables or "smoke and mirrors". Even if Audi offer comparable APR rates if the GFV is low that is really going to hit the monthly repayments. As far as I am concerned the GFV is how much faith the manufacturer/market has in the marque/model at the time, higher the better. If it's worth less than the GFV at the end of the term even on private sale it's the finance company taking the extra hit not me.

    Soo.. after that lengthy introduction to my turmoil, can you guys put me out my misery and give me real world figures with what you got with or without discount on PCP, monthly repayments, GFV etc. I want to be prepared for when I go to the dealers next week after the test drive and they start working that dark magic of "let me go and speak to my manager" waffle.

    I was looking at a sportback, dsg, estoril blue, rear parking sensors, and sd satnav. If I could get that with 3k deposit for circa £400 a month over 3 years with 8k miles I think I would take the extra hit.


    I want the S3 over the M135i, but the figures have to add up, fingers crossed.

  30. #1269
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12
    @visionthing. i'm not in the same country as you, but same dilemma i'm hoping on getting a discount and still waiting for a test drive in th3 S3, but i had one in the m135i last week. can't deny is mind blowing! but shall wait to have a go in the S3

  31. #1270
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    That will depend on what you may mess it up with.
    Liquids will likely soak into alcantara quicker than leather, but anything else will clean up as well.

    Alcantara is more durable than leather and takes less effort to maintain it.
    Got it in a car that is 11 years old, and the leather on the side bolsters looks 11 years old, but the alcantara still looks as fresh as it would when it came out of the factory.
    Thanks. I'm a runner so tend to drive out, dump the car and get into the fells, so sweat is one issue. Kids is another but they don't tend to drop too much these days. My Q5 is full leather and I know what you mean, it does age and can make the interior look dated before it's time, plus I really don't find the Q5 very comfortable. Will give alcantara serious consideration though, thanks for the advice.

  32. #1271
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Thanks. I'm a runner so tend to drive out, dump the car and get into the fells, so sweat is one issue. Kids is another but they don't tend to drop too much these days. My Q5 is full leather and I know what you mean, it does age and can make the interior look dated before it's time, plus I really don't find the Q5 very comfortable. Will give alcantara serious consideration though, thanks for the advice.
    A friend of mine this week said he had alcantara in an 11 year old vw (I think vw) and he said it looked new after all that time.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  33. #1272
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by alister View Post
    Picked up my S3 stronic (phantom black, with black mirrors, 10 spoke titanium wheels, tech pack, comfort pack, b&o, sun roof, plus a few other bits) yesterday to replace previous shape S3 stronic. This makes number 4 A3/S3. I've only done about 100 miles and have been concentrating on working out all the tech. But it feels noticeably quicker, there's more room inside and the steering wheel is an improvement. Interior feels like it has made a big leap from my previous (04, 07 & 60 plate models) and at last there is full 7 digit post codes in the sat nav. Will attempt to post some pics next weekend.
    Hi, your spec sounds great!! I'm very interested to know how the 10 spoke alloys look, finding it hard to decide on my favourite alloys. The standard S3's are nice but in terms of cleaning and keeping A1 I'm not so sure. It's hard to gauge just by building a spec on the audi website. Thanks.

  34. #1273
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Hi, your spec sounds great!! I'm very interested to know how the 10 spoke alloys look, finding it hard to decide on my favourite alloys. The standard S3's are nice but in terms of cleaning and keeping A1 I'm not so sure. It's hard to gauge just by building a spec on the audi website. Thanks.
    For all the pictures you could want go to a website called mobile.de. It's the German counterpart to auto trader.
    gilesf likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  35. #1274
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Hi,
    New to the forum..
    I took a look at the demo car at my local dealers yesterday, 5dr estoril blue, looks stunning. Have a test drive booked in next week. I took a test drive for a M135i recently but there is no getting away from it, aesthetically its 'hard to love', on the plus side the drive was great. However having had a E46 330ci in the past, when the rain pours down the back end became too twitchy for my liking and in snow, forget it. I'm sure that these characteristics would be carried over ten fold in a car with over 300bhp.

    Sooo.. everything is pointing towards the S3 as the more sensible option.. one sticking point the price...
    Currently it is not too difficult to get circa 16% and better discount off list for a M135i and a high GVF value figure on a 5dr specc'd to about 34k OTR [auto, satnav, rear parking sensor] with 8k miles over 3 years pcp is coming in at around £370 a month, on a 3k deposit, oh and free 5 year servicing also.

    The local Audi dealer when I looked around the S3 yesterday started off at "no discounts" new model yada yada, but after a bit of sales patter it changed to "well there's always deals to be done". I reckon if I could squeeze 2-3% off list I would be doing well at the local dealer.. Orange wheels and others appears to be advertising around 8% off list.

    The problem I am finding with PCP is there appears to be a lot of variables or "smoke and mirrors". Even if Audi offer comparable APR rates if the GFV is low that is really going to hit the monthly repayments. As far as I am concerned the GFV is how much faith the manufacturer/market has in the marque/model at the time, higher the better. If it's worth less than the GFV at the end of the term even on private sale it's the finance company taking the extra hit not me.

    Soo.. after that lengthy introduction to my turmoil, can you guys put me out my misery and give me real world figures with what you got with or without discount on PCP, monthly repayments, GFV etc. I want to be prepared for when I go to the dealers next week after the test drive and they start working that dark magic of "let me go and speak to my manager" waffle.

    I was looking at a sportback, dsg, estoril blue, rear parking sensors, and sd satnav. If I could get that with 3k deposit for circa £400 a month over 3 years with 8k miles I think I would take the extra hit.


    I want the S3 over the M135i, but the figures have to add up, fingers crossed.
    Looks good

    Cheap Audi S3 | S4 | S5 | S6 | RS6 Contract Hire | Leasing

    Audi S3 2.0T (300ps) quattro


    From£299.99 + VAT Per Month


    Key Features Include:

    • 'S' Model Body Styling
    • 18" Twin Spoke Design Alloy wheels
    • Fine Nappa Leather Upholstery
    • Heated Front Seats
    • Bluetooth Mobile Phone Connection
    • Ipod Integration
    Term:
    36 Months
    Annual Mileage:
    8,000
    Initial Payment:
    £1,799.99 (£2,160 inc. 20% VAT)
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  36. #1275
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    135
    Placing my order tomorrow and i really can't make my mind up if I should go for nappa or alcantara!

    help!
    gilesf likes this.

  37. #1276
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Placing my order tomorrow and i really can't make my mind up if I should go for nappa or alcantara!

    help!
    Alcantara, if its good enough for Lamborghini, Maserati and Porsche to use in their top end cars it's good enough for me!
    bleedsoff likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  38. #1277
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Alcantara, if its good enough for Lamborghini, Maserati and Porsche to use in their top end cars it's good enough for me!
    Agreed, I'll be ordering alcantara too. Estoril blue, sunroof and the full works, roll on 2014!

  39. #1278
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Agreed, I'll be ordering alcantara too. Estoril blue, sunroof and the full works, roll on 2014!
    silver or black ?

    I consider black against estoril quite awful, needs silver IMHO...

  40. #1279
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    silver or black ?

    I consider black against estoril quite awful, needs silver IMHO...
    Completely agree, definitely silver interior with estoril. Wouldn't necessarily have chosen silver originally but having seen it in pics I really like it, quite unique.

  41. #1280
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    211
    Leather, had it in previous cars and always looks nice. I thought about silver for 5 seconds, then realised the I often wear black jeans and black tshirts and the black dye will stain the leather .

    Personal preference, I prefer leather, for the look and feal.

    Looking at the choices objectively

    Leather is easier to clean
    Alcantara will grip you a little more so you wont slide as much in the corners (hence why its often used in perfornance cars)
    Leather can get remarkably hot in summer and chillingly cold in winter (skin grafts for summer and heated seats for winter can be helpfull for both of these, so not a problem)
    Alcantara can bobble or pill
    Leather can stretch, and needs nourishing.

    The bit of the leather most likely to wear out are the bolsters which can have a problem rubbing against them as you get in and out, and these are on both full leather and part leather.

    End of objective view on things

    Choice is yours, full leather, or part leather part polyester

    Whatever you do dont consider buying those nasty black leather super sport seats. They are only £600, yes £600 because you probably bought the lumbar support so they arent as expensive as you first thought, but they are black leather. I wasnt really bothered with them, but thought I would mention other choices
    Last edited by Cumbrian_bob; 6th October 2013 at 21:57.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Popping the hood of the 2013 Audi S6
    By stuffedbackseat in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C7 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 21:22
  2. 2013 Audi A3 5d Sportback
    By trev0006 in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 21:56
  3. 2013 Audi A3 2.0T 6spd MT FWD....sline or not??
    By burbank2broward in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th September 2012, 21:05
  4. 2013 Audi R8 development
    By trev0006 in forum R8 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th September 2012, 20:06
  5. Leaked Official 2013 Audi A3 Photos
    By ABYSS in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 28th March 2012, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO