Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Page 30 of 156 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233343536374080130 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 6213
Like Tree3382Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    None on the S3.
    Loads (£15k and £18k) offered off an A7 BE or A8, but neither gave much in the way of excitement, so the S3 order was placed.
    I emailed them just as the order books opened asking if they would do any deals, & I'm still waiting on a reply...
    I guess the answer was no then, but they could at least have replied to me.

Anyone had experience with Perth, Dundee, Glasgow or Edinburgh?
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    @T3ryp good spec you've get there mate and not long to wait for you, looking forward to the pics when she arrives!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    interesting as i was offered an excellent deal by highland audi but it was bettered considerably by aberdeen, most unexpected !

i did however drive a hard deal

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    interesting as i was offered an excellent deal by highland audi but it was bettered considerably by aberdeen, most unexpected !

i did however drive a hard deal
    Can you share any more information. Would like to order from Aberdeen to save the hassle of travel, but not if it costs me £££ for the privilege! Any particular salesman?
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Can you share any more information. Would like to order from Aberdeen to save the hassle of travel, but not if it costs me £££ for the privilege! Any particular salesman?
    ive pmd you....
    VeeDubDan likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi guys, I'm new here just wondered if anyone knows of a demonstrator in or around surrey that i can go and see, i cant seem to find one?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wellerfan View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here just wondered if anyone knows of a demonstrator in or around surrey that i can go and see, i cant seem to find one?
    Crawley Audi have an S3 Sportback s-tronic if that's not too far away

Neutral

Status
    Feeling slightly deflated....

I ordered in July and given an unconfirmed build week of 48, this has now slipped to an unconfirmed build week of 3. Expecting delivery in February. This car better be good!

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks Gazzz thats not the end of the world for me ill nip down at the weekend, ive ordered one without even seeing it, going with my gut, i did the same with my TTs and thats been ok time for a change now.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post

I ordered in July and given an unconfirmed build week of 48, this has now slipped to an unconfirmed build week of 3. Expecting delivery in February. This car better be good!
    How annoying, this seems to be happening quite a bit. Which dealer did you order through?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    Carlisle.

4th Gear

Status
    Bugger, that's the same as me. When did you receive your first unconfirmed build week of 48?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post

I ordered in July and given an unconfirmed build week of 48, this has now slipped to an unconfirmed build 03week of 3. Expecting delivery in February. This car better be good!
    Feel your fustration, ordered Aug 15, was told delivery December/by the end of the year only then to be told confirmed build week 6 (03 Feb 14) for delivery 1st March on a 14 plate.

Have you considered holding out for a 14 plate?

Neutral

Status
    Yes. I think I will if it's only a couple of weeks. I'm sure I could wait a little longer. Will be a fab birthday present.

Banned

Status

S3 Black Edition

I don't think there is one yet... is there???? You can spec Grill, privacy and B&O but not a complete pack unless things have changed in last week!

4th Gear

Status
    You can order the 'black styling pack', which adds:

1. Radiator grille frame and radiator grille struts, window trims and console in the side grilles in high-gloss black
    2. Radiator grille, side air intake grilles and number plate holder in black matt
    3. Diffuser in platinum grey
    4. Door handles in body colour
    I ordered this on the 15th August.

Neutral

Status
    Mine is on order and been told today that the build weeks for all A/S3's is currently between weeks 4-10.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbs View Post
    Mine is on order and been told today that the build weeks for all A/S3's is currently between weeks 4-10.
    I asked my dealer today after placing my order august 15th and my build week has come down after asking last week from 47 to 46.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

2nd Gear

Status
    Asked my dealer today and im build week 44, thought it was 48 so there's a result.

1st Gear

Status
    Do hope the build weeks are accurate, mine was confirmed at 40, which should be now. Ordered early June and that seems a long time ago, hurry up please!
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    You can order the 'black styling pack', which adds:
    1. Radiator grille frame and radiator grille struts, window trims and console in the side grilles in high-gloss black
    2. Radiator grille, side air intake grilles and number plate holder in black matt
    3. Diffuser in platinum grey
    4. Door handles in body colour
    I ordered this on the 15th August.
    Yeh but that is not BLACK EDITION... I fear you may be spending a lot of money on extras that you will never recover. In Germany 18in Rotors are now an option. I suspect as with the 8P the new BE will have Rotors, Black Styling pack, Privacy and better music (B&O on new one). The extra cost of a BE typically £1000 is great value as you get a large hunk back on selling. Ticking the option boxes for nice to haves (as I have!) is dead money!

What sort of discounts are you folks getting and are there any Audi offers on S3? Trade in allowances, cheap finance etc??

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Yeh but that is not BLACK EDITION... I fear you may be spending a lot of money on extras that you will never recover. In Germany 18in Rotors are now an option. I suspect as with the 8P the new BE will have Rotors, Black Styling pack, Privacy and better music (B&O on new one). The extra cost of a BE typically £1000 is great value as you get a large hunk back on selling. Ticking the option boxes for nice to haves (as I have!) is dead money!

What sort of discounts are you folks getting and are there any Audi offers on S3? Trade in allowances, cheap finance etc??
    I managed to get £3500 off of mine in the end. Straight up discount.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    Do hope the build weeks are accurate, mine was confirmed at 40, which should be now. Ordered early June and that seems a long time ago, hurry up please!
    Build week 40 for myself aswell, i checked on monday with my dealer and the vehicle is showing as in production !

4th Gear

Status
    Instagram

This is cool, if not annoying for any more than 30 seconds.

Neutral

Status
    Something clearly happened between June (build week 40) and July (build week 3). 4 weeks difference but 15 weeks production variance.

4th Gear

Status
    Perhaps they began taking orders in a new country. This would explain a big rush in demand and increased lead time.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZS3 View Post
    Build week 40 for myself aswell, i checked on monday with my dealer and the vehicle is showing as in production !
    Snap! Build week 40 as well and had a call from dealer today to confirm that my car is currently in the factory. Should be ready for collection in 3-4 weeks...I CAN'T WAIT!!

Neutral

Status
    Nearly snap! Build week 39! You guys getting SBs too? Want.... it..... now!! :D
    Estoril Blue Audi S3 8V Sportback, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Aluminium roof rails

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    Snap! Build week 40 as well and had a call from dealer today to confirm that my car is currently in the factory. Should be ready for collection in 3-4 weeks...I CAN'T WAIT!!
    I too got a call from the dealer today to confirm it was being built this week and to arrange to spend some time with their SB demonstrator.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

Neutral

Status
    Nope...3dr. Was torn when I ordered, but currently have a Sportback and never use the rear seats so a bit pointless for me.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    Nope...3dr. Was torn when I ordered, but currently have a Sportback and never use the rear seats so a bit pointless for me.
    I thought the same as you when I bought my current S3 3dr, but on the odd occasion (well a bit more often than that) I carry rear seat passangers the access is *#%??!! to say the least. So went for SB.
    Delivered on-time.

4th Gear

Status
    I've finally managed to track down pictures of the lunar silver alcantara in an S3.

All I can say is I'm glad I chose it! IMO it really lightens up the entire interior and looks very classy.

$(KGrHqJ,!mIFInGyeZu0BSOY2H(qmw~~48_27.JPG$(KGrHqJ,!nYFIuYSV3W)BSOY2HbvVw~~48_27.JPG$(KGrHqZ,!q!FI0Qi(ElmBSOY2H,t)w~~48_27.JPG$T2eC16R,!wsE9suwyd-bBSOY2H,,uQ~~48_27.JPG

1st Gear

Status
    I got a call from my dealer today, to update me on the S3 3 door. Should be built early december, so likely to have the car for Christmas or New Year. I asked about current orders, and its likely if it was ordered now it could be April May before delivery.

Im still enjoying my current car, but really looking forward to the new S3. Still need to decide on Autoglym lifeshine, in two minds about it, but plenty of time to figure that out.

I still havnt seen an S3 in the metal, but the few A3s I have seen look very nice.
    Danner3342 likes this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

3rd Gear

Status
    I've finally managed to track down pictures of the lunar silver alcantara in an S3.

All I can say is I'm glad I chose it! IMO it really lightens up the entire interior and looks very classy.

$(KGrHqJ,!mIFInGyeZu0BSOY2H(qmw~~48_27.JPG$(KGrHqJ,!nYFIuYSV3W)BSOY2HbvVw~~48_27.JPG$(KGrHqZ,!q!FI0Qi(ElmBSOY2H,t)w~~48_27.JPG$T2eC16R,!wsE9suwyd-bBSOY2H,,uQ~~48_27.JPG
    well done, one, ive gone lunar silver napa in estoril.... Looks superb !
    paullowther likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    Im still enjoying my current car, but really looking forward to the new S3. Still need to decide on Autoglym lifeshine, in two minds about it, but plenty of time to figure that out.
    I do think the Autoglym lifeshine makes a big difference to the finish of the car. It's more obvious on the darker colours. Water just beads and runs off it, and it does give a fantastic showroom shine, and makes it really easy to wash and clean. I've got it on my Daytona Grey, and it does gives it a fantastic finish

Saying that, there is nothing stopping you getting a load of Autoglym products, and regularly adding a wax and polish to the car yourself.

The lifeshine treatment does come with a big bag of products to retain the finish, but if you didn't want to spend the £300 on the full treatment, get yourself some products and do what you can yourself. It would probably look just as good.

4th Gear

Status
    I got a call from my dealer today, to update me on the S3 3 door. Should be built early december, so likely to have the car for Christmas or New Year. I asked about current orders, and its likely if it was ordered now it could be April May before delivery.

I still havnt seen an S3 in the metal, but the few A3s I have seen look very nice.
    I was talking to a friend of mine at football last night who knows his stuff, works either for or with audi, has a lovely rs6! Anyway, he recommended that you get your car into a professional and reputable detailer, he says it makes a huge difference to the car. He has it done yearly as the advertised life span of those products audi offer just aren't true.

He's put me in touch with a guy in Cambridge.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StefRobinson View Post
    I do think the Autoglym lifeshine makes a big difference to the finish of the car. It's more obvious on the darker colours. Water just beads and runs off it, and it does give a fantastic showroom shine, and makes it really easy to wash and clean. I've got it on my Daytona Grey, and it does gives it a fantastic finish

Saying that, there is nothing stopping you getting a load of Autoglym products, and regularly adding a wax and polish to the car yourself.

The lifeshine treatment does come with a big bag of products to retain the finish, but if you didn't want to spend the £300 on the full treatment, get yourself some products and do what you can yourself. It would probably look just as good.
    If you want to get your car properly and professionally cleaned always use a detailer.
    I'd never use a manufacturer's recommended product.
    The products normally aren't the best and the folk they use to apply it are nowhere near the best.

You'll get so much more lasting quality and value for your money at your local detailer.

3rd Gear

Status

Classy is not the word i'd use to describe that interior.
    Each to their own though.
    johnhugh likes this.

Uber Post Whore

Status

Hi Bob, this may help you make your mind up if £300 for Life shine is worth it....

4 x Boxes of New LifeShine PDI KIT Auto Glym Sets | eBay

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    Hi Bob, this may help you make your mind up if £300 for Life shine is worth it....

4 x Boxes of New LifeShine PDI KIT Auto Glym Sets | eBay
    Problem is the lifeshine as an option is £500. I acutually think the lifeshine stuff works but you do have to keep washing and polishing the car to maintain it, but just not £500 worth of shine and convienience.

The thought on the first day of owning the car which has no wax or paint protection so I'll be spending washing and waxing it rather than driving it. Think I'll check out whats in the detailing forums and save the money for something nicer. £500 would maybe pay for a track day in the S3 and some good car wax.
    Last edited by Cumbrian_bob; 4th October 2013 at 08:00.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor