JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Page 28 of 156 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031323334353878128 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status

Smile

Should be picking our S3 sportback up next weekend so we should have it in time for ADI.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Picked up my S3 stronic (phantom black, with black mirrors, 10 spoke titanium wheels, tech pack, comfort pack, b&o, sun roof, plus a few other bits) yesterday to replace previous shape S3 stronic. This makes number 4 A3/S3. I've only done about 100 miles and have been concentrating on working out all the tech. But it feels noticeably quicker, there's more room inside and the steering wheel is an improvement. Interior feels like it has made a big leap from my previous (04, 07 & 60 plate models) and at last there is full 7 digit post codes in the sat nav. Will attempt to post some pics next weekend.

4th Gear

Status
    All of those lucky enough to have an A3/S3 on order, it's interesting to know how our new babies are set to be created!

gilesf likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    How are you finding the ride quality of the s3 compared to the old one? I'm still to decide whether to spec magnetic ride for a softer/firmer option setup but curious to hear if people are finding the new s3 compliant or otherwise on uk roads with the standard setup....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ride feels much the same as the last one. It will be easier to compare and contrast the two following a weeks commute, but I don't think I will miss not speccing magnetic ride. I forgot to mention that the new one sounds much better.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmz View Post
    How are you finding the ride quality of the s3 compared to the old one? I'm still to decide whether to spec magnetic ride for a softer/firmer option setup but curious to hear if people are finding the new s3 compliant or otherwise on uk roads with the standard setup....
    I'm also very curious to know this. Also, my understanding is that with it you get 2 options. Does anybody know which of these would be similar to the standard S3 suspension? i.e. is the soft option the same as standard, and firm makes things even firmer, or is firm the same as the standard S3 suspension, with a comfort option that makes things better for a long distance motorway journey? Or is it none of the above?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not sure on the comparison. I've been driving a TT for 3 yrs with magnetic ride and I am a fan of it. There is a big difference between "comfort" and "sport" settings. If the new S3 with standard setup was comparable to the TT on "sport" mode, I would definitely spec it again, as "sport" mode around town is way too firm IMO.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmz View Post
    Not sure on the comparison. I've been driving a TT for 3 yrs with magnetic ride and I am a fan of it. There is a big difference between "comfort" and "sport" settings. If the new S3 with standard setup was comparable to the TT on "sport" mode, I would definitely spec it again, as "sport" mode around town is way too firm IMO.

There is no way the standard S3 set up will be like the TT with mag ride.
    Mag ride in sport mode is rock hard for track use only IMO.
    Having had mag ride on my TTS I would have it "free of charge" but there is no way I would pay for it.
    It was included in the price / spec with the TTS so that was fine but list on a standard TT is £1k !
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    Test driving the s3 this weekend.....will post a comparison with the mag ride TT suspension afterwards!

4th Gear

Status
    bjorngra and Battlekrapz like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    And none of it amplified........
    Definitely one of the best sounding 4 pot engines.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi guys,

I'd like to buy some winter tires and alloys for my future S3, i'll get my car in January 2014.

The problem is i'd like to know the specs of the alloys that could fit the car.

A nice forum member gave me the WINTER tire specs as being:

205/50 R17 93H XL M+S

The above comes from the sticker on the Audi S3s driver door.

The question is, could anyone with an audi S3 take a picture of their car's homologuation papers? I think there's the official alloy size on the back of the papers? Or possibly it's also mentioned in the intruction manual? I would need the official size for the R17 alloys.

Could anyone post a scan of such a document?

I would need the Size (e.g. 7.0x17), the offset (e.g. ET48) and the bore size (e.g. 67.1).

I'm sure this could help people here who are also considering buying winter tires for their S3s.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, I would have thought steel rims with higher profile and narrower tyres tyres would be better...

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Cuke2u, steel rims are quite horrid and on such a beaut, even in winter, i'd rather put on nice alloy rims... Also, where i live you stick winter tires on for at least 5 or even 6 months during the year, so i may aswell have something nice on.

6th Gear

Status
    I just think of those nice alloys being corroded by salt and peppered by grit. Perhaps where you live they don't use that for de-icing the roads..

2nd Gear

Status
    They do, but I currently use nice'ish alloys for my winter tires on my current car and they're still in a good nick . Depends on the alloys, some are specifically made for driving in winter conditions.

4th Gear

Status
    Cumbrian_bob and Lmg like this.

Neutral

Status
    "The old S3 was pretty subtle but this new one could be the fastest slow-looking car ever made"

:D
    paullowther likes this.
    Estoril Blue Audi S3 8V Sportback, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Aluminium roof rails

Neutral

Status
    "automatic seven speed" tut tut...

3rd Gear

Status
    Order placing tomorrow

Estoril SB fully loaded. Only thing not opted is the sunroof. Getting it 1st March 2014

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Order placing tomorrow

Estoril SB fully loaded. Only thing not opted is the sunroof. Getting it 1st March 2014
    Great to welcome another to the s3 countdown club!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    Order placing tomorrow

Imressive to buy everything. But a wait until march
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

2nd Gear

Status
    Hey does anyone have Audi PCP figures for a basic or low £30k s3 over 48 months? Just looking for a ball park idea any deposit really as I can work it to suit

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Hehe, I think we all need to remember that the TG cast really don't know much about cars, well, Clarkson certainly doesn't.

I would expect better from Hammond tho.
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't want it until march bob. Got to get our north East Scotland winter out the way first...and I think deliveries seem to be 6 months now too on all orders placed.....new registration for me

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't want it until march bob. Got to get our north East Scotland winter out the way first...and I think deliveries seem to be 6 months now too on all orders placed.....new registration for me
    If you are from NE Scotland you should know that March never signifies the end of winter.
    This year we had snow and salty roads through to May ,so suggest you maybe wait until June...........

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    If you are from NE Scotland you should know that March never signifies the end of winter.
    This year we had snow and salty roads through to May ,so suggest you maybe wait until June...........
    very true craig, but I want the Spring new registration and am happy to run my current daily driver through the thick of winter as I have winter wheels and tyres for my current car.

also, as the deliveries are circa 6 months, it's sensible to go for 1st march. if it becomes april, i'm not too bothered.........

i will be on the hunt for winter tyres for my new S3, 225/40/18 aren't they ?

all the best.

3rd Gear

Status
    very true craig, but I want the Spring new registration and am happy to run my current daily driver through the thick of winter as I have winter wheels and tyres for my current car.

also, as the deliveries are circa 6 months, it's sensible to go for 1st march. if it becomes april, i'm not too bothered.........

i will be on the hunt for winter tyres for my new S3, 225/40/18 aren't they ?

all the best.
    I placed my order on 1st September, delivery estimated 9th December (with build week 45 confirmed on my order).
    Things have really slowed down in 3 or 4 weeks.......

Never bought into winter tyres, never had a problem with RWD, FWD or AWD on regular tyres through 18 winters (touch wood and sounding old), so probably not the best to pass comment.

1st Gear

Status
    The countdown is almost over, we pick our S3 sportback up in a couple of hours.
    baldrick, paullowther and Ryan_R like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Got a day long test booked for the S3 Sportback, picking up Tuesday late afternoon, drop off Wednesday evening.
    Will take a half day off work to give it a good run.

This will be my third test in it and as previously mentioned my order is placed, so this will be more of a full on review than the first two.....see how it handles every day situations.

Will return with some thoughts and pictures.
    baldrick and paullowther like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Off for a two hour shot of Aberdeen's demo this lunchtime. It's a S Tronic which I've never driven before so shall be interesting to see if it appeals to me. Most interested to see if the much debated lag is noticeable to me.
    baldrick likes this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Neutral

Status
    Wow, lots of S3 test reports due in!

Neutral

Status
    Best not to wait too long

Scotland to ban petrol and diesel cars

Banned

Status
    Just ordered an S3 Sportback with loads of bits.. Not being built until Feb 2014... Getting excited already ;-0

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    The countdown is almost over, we pick our S3 sportback up in a couple of hours.
    Pics pics pics!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Best not to wait too long

Scotland to ban petrol and diesel cars
    I'll be too old to drive anything other than electric powered by then anyway

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Pics pics pics!
    No pics sorry as no camera and no iphone either. Will be bringing it to ADI.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    No pics sorry as no camera and no iphone either. Will be bringing it to ADI.
    You just bought an S3 and have no mobile phone with a camera?

What was your spec? so we can visualise your new S3 that you picked up today? Well done BTW.
    Cumbrian_bob likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    pics of the aberdeen audi demo, with measerly spec, in a "will it fit in the wife's side of the garage" test :

IMAG0384 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

IMAG0385 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr
    Last edited by the_lecht_rocks; 28th September 2013 at 19:47.

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks great, there is definitely something very cool about the 4 exhausts.
    rams_s3 likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.