Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 20 of 153 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree3313Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Crystal paint has copper parts as adition in the paint. What the difference is with Pearlescent I don't know exactly. Pearlescent gives a pearl look to the paint which Crystal doesn't have. Crystal paint looks different in sorts of light.
    Last edited by bjorngra; 25th August 2013 at 16:44.
    Louay likes this.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post
    Crystal paint has copper parts as adition in the paint. What the difference is with Pearlescent I don't know exactly. Pearlescent gives a pearl look to the paint which Crystal doesn't have. Crystal paint looks different in sorts of light.
    which do you prefer then? other than monsoon grey, what colour would you have gone for?

3rd Gear

Status
    I have panther black 'crystal' paint now and I would describe it as having LOADS of sparkly multi-colour fleck which when the sun shines on it looks absolutely amazing - very similar to pearl effect, possibly just a little extra fleck / sparkle I would say.
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    When it's a dull day does look like any other black?

4th Gear

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    Any idea what the servicing schedule is on the S3 Paul? The ebrochure doesn't work for me and the configurator doesn't include a service pack option.

4th Gear

Status
    does this help?

high-res.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by paullowther; 26th August 2013 at 14:40.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It did.

Thanks.

3rd Gear

Status
    order for car placed on the 16 August, however, i'd like to change the inlays from 3D design to Matt brushed, presumably there is enough time to do this? what happens when the dealer sends my order of and how are amendments made and what sort of time scales are there when making any slight amendments to your order?

thanks

Lou

6th Gear

Status
    I think you should be fine with that, but always worth asking your dealer
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post

it does look like a regular black on a dull day - you have to have sun light shining on it to see the fleck.

so can understand those that say estoril looks 'dull' on a 'dull' day - as with any met / pearl / crystal - you need the sun to bring out the sparkly flakes.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin:1954175

it does look like a regular black on a dull day - you have to have sun light shining on it to see the fleck.

so can understand those that say estoril looks 'dull' on a 'dull' day - as with any met / pearl / crystal - you need the sun to bring out the sparkly flakes.
    Even white cars look dull on a dull, plenty of google/flikr images of estoril blue cars in sunny days and we've had quite a few of those this summer! In the dark winter days I'll just have to make sure that she's extra clean for artificial light to reflect off the panels revealing its deep lustful shine!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Close to ordering an S3 sportback in estoril blue.....stuck between speccing the black upholstery or the silver leather/alcantara option. Has anyone seen in the flesh the silver coloured seats inside an s3? Think it could tone pretty well with a darker coloured car but worried it may look a bit much. Opinions/pics welcome!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmz View Post
    Close to ordering an S3 sportback in estoril blue.....stuck between speccing the black upholstery or the silver leather/alcantara option. Has anyone seen in the flesh the silver coloured seats inside an s3? Think it could tone pretty well with a darker coloured car but worried it may look a bit much. Opinions/pics welcome!
    kids no. no kids then yes to silver, shame they dont do the super sports seats in silver. Might be a mission to keep clean though?

4th Gear

Status
    I've opted for the estoril blue with lunar silver alcantara seats too... I think it's something a bit different and will look rather special in the flesh.

I've done a heap of research into this and ended up with that decision.

Here is a picture of the two colours... granted it's on an R8 but it gives you an idea of the overall effect.

The AUDI side of my life: Audi exclusive exterior colour Estoril Blue Crystal Effect

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks. I think I'm sold on this combo with the estoril. Blue and black never seems to go together well!

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah I loved it. The below link might give you some idea of what it will look like again.

What's your opinion regarding ali inlays vs black inlays with the lunar silver interior?

http://www.auto-types.com/images/_au...ow-2012_41.jpg

Reverse Gear

Status
    Definitely Ali inlays for me....

Those look like different seats again - cream/super sport combo? Don't think that's an option in the Uk.

1st Gear

Status
    Check my new video on Youtube of the S3 Sportback:
    Audi S3 Sportback 8V - 2013 (MY2014) - Video 8 - YouTube
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah it looks like they're the super sports seats in cream/lunar silver but I was just trying to give an impression of the overall effect that a light interior has on the S3

1st Gear

Status
    Any pictures of the sunroof? Trying to get a true feel for the size and pictures I've seen elsewhere don't make it look that big when open.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Any pictures of the sunroof? Trying to get a true feel for the size and pictures I've seen elsewhere don't make it look that big when open.
    Audi A3 8V Panoramic Sunroof - YouTube
    VeeDubDan likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Just spotted this, forgive me if its old hat!

S3 Review AutoExpress

Its a Uk spec S3 Sportback
    Louay likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    I have panther black 'crystal' paint now and I would describe it as having LOADS of sparkly multi-colour fleck which when the sun shines on it looks absolutely amazing - very similar to pearl effect, possibly just a little extra fleck / sparkle I would say.
    Have you got any closeups of the panther paint in sunny and dull conditions for us?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post
    Check my new video on Youtube of the S3 Sportback:
    Audi S3 Sportback 8V - 2013 (MY2014) - Video 8 - YouTube

Car looks SUPERB !!!

It has all the extras too inc LED lights and super sports seats.

REALLY like the estoril paint too - even dull, to me, it looks great - classy and expensive looking.

Great vid thanks.
    Louay likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Have you got any closeups of the panther paint in sunny and dull conditions for us?
    pics as requested .....

and 2 tone interior for those interested too ...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post

S3 Review AutoExpress

They put 196bhp, had to put a comment to rectify that mistake . Some people might be put off by such pathetic power .
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well, over 2 weeks since my last updatre from the dealer and they still can't give me a build date so I've cancelled my order and decided to save my cash and keep the A5. Good news is that the dealer agreed to refund my deposit.

Sadly, I won't be joining the ranks of you A3/S3 owners.
    Current car: A5 3.0 TDi Sportback
    Ordered 26 June 13: S3 3dr in Misano Red - CANCELLED

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by REB154 View Post
    Well, over 2 weeks since my last updatre from the dealer and they still can't give me a build date so I've cancelled my order and decided to save my cash and keep the A5. Good news is that the dealer agreed to refund my deposit.

Sadly, I won't be joining the ranks of you A3/S3 owners.
    Sorry to hear that but obviously was not the right car for you to make you cancel just on the basis of not getting a build week, sure it was in the system somewhere.....I never actually got a build week from dealer just a build month but had much better comms so was never concerned it was not actually in the system
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post

S3 Review AutoExpress

Pretty sure I saw that car in Cambridge yesterday afternoon! Certainly it was the first UK registered S3 sportback I have actually seen on the road. Nice as it was, I would have gone another way with the colour. Boring, boring and boring. I had to do a double take to spot it was an S3 and that colour it makes the car look like any other A3 sportback, which isn't exactly an inspiring car to look at in the first place. Having said that, my missis likes that colour, which definitely means you should avoid! LOL! Each to their own I suppose - it would I think look better without that all that naff chrome. Thankfully you can now order with the black styling pack. I'm sure when I see one in Glacier or Misano I'll be a bit happier about placing my S3 order in the New Year.
    Last edited by SilureMark; 27th August 2013 at 13:24.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack | 10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | though load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack.

Scheduled delivery June 2014

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Pretty sure I saw that car in Cambridge yesterday afternoon! Certainly it was the first UK registered S3 sportback I have actually seen on the road. Nice as it was, I would have gone another way with the colour. Boring, boring and boring. I had to do a double take to spot it was an S3 and that colour it makes the car look like any other A3 sportback, which isn't exactly an inspiring car to look at in the first place. Having said that, my missis likes that colour, which definitely means you should avoid! LOL! Each to their own I suppose - it would I think look better without that all that naff chrome. Thankfully you can now order with the black styling pack. I'm sure when I see one in Glacier or Misano I'll be a bit happier about placing my S3 order in the New Year.

With all the negative comments you keep on posting about the S3 I am surprised you are interested in one at all ?
    It certainly doesn't sound like its the right car for you, based on your comments to date.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    which do you prefer then? other than monsoon grey, what colour would you have gone for?
    I think Panther Black, Estoril or Daytona when it was no Individual color.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    With all the negative comments you keep on posting about the S3 I am surprised you are interested in one at all ?
    It certainly doesn't sound like its the right car for you, based on your comments to date.
    Unfortunately there isn’t a lot to choose from right now.You see I had an S3 sport back as my family car a couple of years back and itwas excellent. Then I changed jobs and went with the company car (a BMW 320d) andtraded my S3 for a TT RS, at the same time selling my weekend toy, a Boxster S.Next year I am not going to take the car allowance and I currently have a newCayman S on order to replace the TT, so looking at what I want and the budget Ihave: BMW 135i – horrible looking, not too keen on the interior, my localdealer is a joke, but… I have driven one and it was very good in that respect;A45 AMG – slightly above what I want to spend and need to see/drive one, but Ican’t get past the looks of it, reminds me of a people carrier and the interioris a bit too bling for me. So, short of buying something like a Focus ST estateor an A4 estate, the S3 sport back is what’s left for me. Don’t get me wrong,there’s a lot to like about the new S3 but there’s also a few disappointments.Thankfully you can replace all the chrome now and I suspect the moretraditional S colours will surface as options next year, so that’s good. Oddlythough, the car the new S3 replaces, in sport back guise, IMO looked the bettercar. The new sport back looks a bit err ‘feminine’ to me, but the new threedoor actually I think looks better. I need to make my mind up as the clock isticking, but right now my saved configuration in Sepang Blue is looking prettysound. In my mind the colour of a car makes or breaks it. A bit like a pal ofmine who’s owns a 997 GT3. It’s black and you wouldn’t really give it a secondlook, then a few weeks ago I walked past a white GT3 with black painted alloys…it looked amazing.

Interesting review here. Kind of sums up a lot of my current thinking:

Audi S3 Sportback first drive Review | Autocar
    Last edited by SilureMark; 28th August 2013 at 08:53.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack | 10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | though load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack.

Scheduled delivery June 2014

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Oddlythough, the car the new S3 replaces, in sport back guise, IMO looked the bettercar. The new sport back looks a bit err ‘feminine’ to me, but the new threedoor actually I think looks better.
    Presumably you mean the RS3 Sportback as I believe the 8V is the first S3 Sportback offering?

4th Gear

Status
    I've just noticed the S3 comes with heated seats and the storage pack AS STANDARD! Awesome!!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Presumably you mean the RS3 Sportback as I believe the 8V is the first S3 Sportback offering?
    The 8P came as S3 sportback!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Derbz View Post
    The 8P came as S3 sportback!
    I stand corrected - was this sold in the UK? Edit: judging by the 82 cars I just found on Autotrader I am proved wrong on every count

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I stand corrected - was this sold in the UK? Edit: judging by the 82 cars I just found on Autotrader I am proved wrong on every count
    Baldrick, I've got a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it weasel!

Sorry your nickname reminded me that i just loooooove blackadder so much!
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Interesting quote in this week's autocar review of the S3 sportback:

"Its emissions are not criminally high and although 40.4mpg is hopelessly optimistic (we averaged around 26mpg), the car is relatively cheap to run considering its potential performance"

Has anyone got real world experience of the s3's fuel economy? 26 mpg doesn't sound good but I guess they may have been having a blast....

6th Gear

Status
    I've just noticed the S3 comes with heated seats and the storage pack AS STANDARD! Awesome!!
    All S-lines come with the storage pack, as it's required when you have leather seats, or leather/alcantara
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack