Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146149150151152153154155156
Results 6,201 to 6,213 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    That certainly is going to be a rare colour.
    So what colour is this?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi all,

I am now 1000 miles in with my S3 and have loved every minute. Just wanted to ask a question of anyone who has the pano roof. With the roof open and at motorway speeds I get some whistling on the drivers side, only happens with the roof tilted or open and at 60mph +, and I don't know if it's normal or not. just wanted to ask whether anyone experiences the same. Cheers.
    Last edited by gilesf; 13th June 2014 at 19:04.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Challinor View Post
    So what colour is this?
    There were a few opinions at the time

2013 Audi S3

I know I havnt seen that colour of green so I was correct in guessing it would be rare
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    That's awful.

1st Gear

Status
    Well just had a great break away camping in Cornwall. Gave me the chance to put 1500 miles on the car in a week, and try a long stint motorway drive from Carlisle, Cumbria to Padstow, Cornwall, 450 mile trip with roof box.

So heres an update on what the cars like for a long drive and a holliday caming trip.

With roof box and mainly motorway miles, average 66 mph according to trip computer and provided 32mpg again according to the car computer. Pretty impressive for the car with the roof box.

The seats were comfy and the drive was relaxing, used cruise control for much of the motorway drive, which makes things very easy.

When at Cornwall I left the roof box with the tent, so I could enjoy the roads a little bit more, the car is really impressive in the tight twisting roads. It holds well in the corners, and accelerates effortlessly throughout the range. When I had the chance to put my foot down on open safe roads its allot of fun, and suits the roads in Cornwall very well. The brakes handling and accelration are just enough for a smile on the face and a safe drive.

Things i noticed I hadnt before and possibly appreciate more:
    the Stronic box is such a pleasure when driving slowly in traffic, around the hills and twist lanes. makes driving so much more comfortable
    When you put the box into S mode then across into manual the gear changes seem quicker, might also be I was driving harder and a bit of psychological thingamy, but it does seem different to D then manual changes.
    When the estoril blue is dirty its really hard to tell whee the extra cost went in the sparkle. this moght be the same with other expensive paints.
    the air con and those fancy air vents are a godsend around cornwall when temperatures were almost always above 20c
    The enging noise is still a dream and especially fun around the twisty encosed country lanes in cornwall
    the turbo noise is rather nice when the windows are down, never noticed it before with the exhasut noise
    People still notice that car
    Setting the speed limit warning is really usefull when you have a roof box
    the_lecht_rocks, Ashmcblue and mls like this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

Neutral

Status
    I noticed one or two of you have mentioned that the inner exhausts get dirty and are hard to keep clean.
    I use Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, applied 3/4 coats of it to the exhausts, it now allows me to just wipe them with a general clean every week.

DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    Louay, bobinder, Ashmcblue and 1 others like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    Looking good!
    MatthewC likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    I noticed one or two of you have mentioned that the inner exhausts get dirty and are hard to keep clean.
    I use Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, applied 3/4 coats of it to the exhausts, it now allows me to just wipe them with a general clean every week.

DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    I was wondering if you are finding the Estoril Blue paint really soft and easy to mark/scratch? I have mine booked in for a detail in a few weeks to get the dealer supplied mess of swirl marks removed and have been advised to get a silicon coating applied to avoid the swirl marks from even looking at the paint!
    S3 Estoril Blue Hatch Back | S tronic | Super Sport Seats | B&O Sound | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack (Parking Front and Rear) | Panoramic Roof | Mono Pur | Convenience pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre pressure monitoring | Reversible Mat | Warranty Extension

Week 20 build

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    I was wondering if you are finding the Estoril Blue paint really soft and easy to mark/scratch? I have mine booked in for a detail in a few weeks to get the dealer supplied mess of swirl marks removed and have been advised to get a silicon coating applied to avoid the swirl marks from even looking at the paint!
    I've not had any issues with marks on the paint no, when i picked the car up from the dealer there were no marks on it anywhere, I got them to keep the white protective film on until the last day, and pleaded with them to take care as they wouldn't let me wash it etc...
    Once home, I used DoDo Juice Lime Prime, then applied AutoGlym HD wax, and used Poorboy's Wheel Sealant on alloys and exhausts,
    since then it's been really easy to clean and keep up with each week, no light scratches or swirl marks. (Done 5,000 miles now)

Although on Monday I did get some very bad (but inevitable I guess) stone chips on the front of the bonnet which went very deep
    DSC_0235.jpg

4th Gear

Status

DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    beautiful colour and combination with the chrome. such a rich colour with great depth and reflective properties and yet so versatile under bright light.
    MatthewC likes this.

Status
    Hows the headlight Louie, is it sorted yet?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

4th Gear

Status
    I've not had any issues with marks on the paint no, when i picked the car up from the dealer there were no marks on it anywhere, I got them to keep the white protective film on until the last day, and pleaded with them to take care as they wouldn't let me wash it etc...
    Once home, I used DoDo Juice Lime Prime, then applied AutoGlym HD wax, and used Poorboy's Wheel Sealant on alloys and exhausts,
    since then it's been really easy to clean and keep up with each week, no light scratches or swirl marks. (Done 5,000 miles now)

Although on Monday I did get some very bad (but inevitable I guess) stone chips on the front of the bonnet which went very deep
    DSC_0235.jpg
    SNAP! got a chipex kit for my detailer to use when i send the car for an end of summer detail. Appreciate it may not rectify the defect 100% though it will make it a lot less noticeable.

DSC_0177[1].jpgDSC_0178[1].jpgDSC_0176[1].jpg
    MatthewC likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hate to see those chips. Painful when you find them....

I am hoping to show you all the results of getting ventureshield stone chip film installed in next few weeks.....

Long story short I went to have it fitted last week but when it was put on the installer noted there were some blemishes and scores in the film. It was removed and once he has a new batch getting it fitted in a few weeks times.

I let him leave the headlight patches on - £1200 each apparently LED headlight units are to be replaced!

£500 all in and you can barely see it. Covers main area such as bonnet, grill, headlights, wing mirrors etc
    veeeight and MatthewC like this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow