Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145148149150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,200 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Did you get a horrible sulphur smell as a result of the mis firing which is usually associated with coil packs

Nope. No sulphur smell. The RAC tech said most likely on of 21 computers it has or a faulty sensor. When the engine is running over 1k revs, there's no issue at all. No loss in power either.
    Solly1 likes this.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2011 View Post
    Nope. No sulphur smell. The RAC tech said most likely on of 21 computers it has or a faulty sensor. When the engine is running over 1k revs, there's no issue at all. No loss in power either.
    Great - let's hope it's logged it in the memory or does it when Audi have it then and not an intermittant issue which never plays up when the garage have it

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Great - let's hope it's logged it in the memory or does it when Audi have it then and not an intermittant issue which never plays up when the garage have it

So it turns out the turbo was stalling. Need turbo getting fitted tomorrow and hopefully have it back by the afternoon.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2011 View Post
    So it turns out the turbo was stalling. Need turbo getting fitted tomorrow and hopefully have it back by the afternoon.
    Excellent - quick diagnosis and repair exactly what's required

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    Just took mine for a proper blast. My mate was in his GTI. A GTI is very off the pace!

Plus I went a little bit banzai.
    Trickydicky2 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmcblue View Post
    Just took mine for a proper blast. My mate was in his GTI. A GTI is very off the pace!

They are also in 2 very different classes and price range.

If your mate had kept up with you, I would have said you're a bad driver..
    Using Tapatalk

1st Gear

Status

picked mine up from Kings Lynn yesterday, chuffed to bits. Had a 3 hour drive home, a few opportunities to put my foot down and compared to my Q5 it felt brutal! Pano roof is great, love the parade red interior and the glacier looks the dogs, very nice motor indeed.
    Ashmcblue likes this.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Bain0 View Post
    They are also in 2 very different classes and price range.

If your mate had kept up with you, I would have said you're a bad driver..
    You'd have to be useless to not be able to drive an S3 fast to be fair but it trounces the GTI, had to keep looking in my rear view to wonder where he had gone but that was a given what with the difference in driven wheels and power.

Had a little race with a 991 whilst out too and that was about the same as the S3 in real world terms on a road with "lumps and bumps" as you'd expect.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    picked mine up from Kings Lynn yesterday, chuffed to bits. Had a 3 hour drive home, a few opportunities to put my foot down and compared to my Q5 it felt brutal! Pano roof is great, love the parade red interior and the glacier looks the dogs, very nice motor indeed.
    Yeah you can just power all the way through corners, no loss of traction. It's great when you are really pressing on and they get a bit squirmy under very hard braking. I'd love to know how fast I go because I never look at my speedo on country roads but then again who does.

I think I just quoted blade runner. Awesome.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah you can just power all the way through corners, no loss of traction. It's great when you are really pressing on and they get a bit squirmy under very hard braking. I'd love to know how fast I go because I never look at my speedo on country roads but then again who does.

I think I just quoted blade runner. Awesome.
    Agreed. I love the s tronic box too, those up shifts sound great and using the paddles is good fun, going to have to be seriously careful on motorways! My kids love it, plenty of space in the back, just a great all round package. Have fun!
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Agreed. I love the s tronic box too, those up shifts sound great and using the paddles is good fun, going to have to be seriously careful on motorways! My kids love it, plenty of space in the back, just a great all round package. Have fun!
    Also I get good economy and I drive about 100 miles a day. I get about 30mpg out of a tank (confirmed by fuelly) I have got 400 on a trip from Scotland just doing 65/70 most of the way to Edinburgh brimmed it then my mrs drove up to loch Etive and I drove back to Richmond in North Yorkshire and we got 400 miles to the tank. Which to be honest totally surprised me as I ragged it all the way from there via Inveraray castle/Loch Lomond. A very fun drive.

Worst I got was 264 miles. It's a comfortable and very compliant car.

Enjoy it mate!
    Audimad and gilesf like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by REB154 View Post
    I only joined these forums recently following a chat with Mrs REB about the size of our current car, an A5 3.0 TDi Sportback which she says is too big for her to drive. So I started looking for something smaller and the A3 looked like the obvious choice. I took one look at the S3 and thought "I want one!". Did some research over the last 3 weeks or so and decided on a spec.

I got a quote from 'Better Car Deal' which I took to my local dealer today and after some discussions, they agreed to match the price!

So the specification is as follows:

S3 2.0 TFSI quattro S Tronic 3 Door
    Misano Red
    Advanced key
    Audi Parking Plus
    B & O Sound System
    Comfort Package
    Auto dimming etc door mirrors
    Hill Hold Assist
    Interior Light Package
    Non-smoking package
    Privacy Glass
    Reversing Camera
    Technology package
    18" x 7.5" '5-parallel spoke' wheels

Interesting, the dealer's senior Sales Manager (who I've dealt with before) reckons that no S3's will be delivered before November.

Now I just need to sell the A5 (for which the dealer insulted me with their trade-in valuation).
    Your dealer doesn't know what he is talking about, i got my S3 in September.

1st Gear

Status
    You'd have to be useless to not be able to drive an S3 fast to be fair but it trounces the GTI, had to keep looking in my rear view to wonder where he had gone but that was a given what with the difference in driven wheels and power.

Had a little race with a 991 whilst out too and that was about the same as the S3 in real world terms on a road with "lumps and bumps" as you'd expect.
    May be the drivers of these cars just didn't want to behave like an idiot and race other cars on public roads? You get caught by the Police and you can kiss your licence goodbye mate. I've owned a 997 C2 and a C4S and believe me, the S3 may be quick, but it aint that quick... 991 even quicker... have a track day with your S3 and you'll watching them pass you all day long...
    steeve and 6audi6 like this.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Guys.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Hi Guys.
    Who are you?

Lol.....hello mate! How's things?
    Joetidman likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Who are you?

Lol.....hello mate! How's things?
    It's the lesser spotted Paullowther!!
    Joetidman likes this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    May be the drivers of these cars just didn't want to behave like an idiot and race other cars on public roads? You get caught by the Police and you can kiss your licence goodbye mate. I've owned a 997 C2 and a C4S and believe me, the S3 may be quick, but it aint that quick... 991 even quicker... have a track day with your S3 and you'll watching them pass you all day long...
    Mark is spot on.

The only place to 'race' is on a track. That's where the environment is controlled, with no one coming the other way, no chance of dogs or kids running across the road. No unexpected issues around the next corner and if there is you have a yellow flag.

We all 'press on' or as the Police call it 'making progress' but it's each drivers responsibility to do it in a safe and controlled manner within the limits of the drivers ability and the law.

What you do find is that racing drivers do it on a track.

So please no more mention of racing this car or that car. It's meaningless as the other person may well not wish to become a statistic.
    As some one else wisely mentioned go to a track and then you'll see.
    Steeve

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by steeve View Post
    Mark is spot on.

The only place to 'race' is on a track. That's where the environment is controlled, with no one coming the other way, no chance of dogs or kids running across the road. No unexpected issues around the next corner and if there is you have a yellow flag.

We all 'press on' or as the Police call it 'making progress' but it's each drivers responsibility to do it in a safe and controlled manner within the limits of the drivers ability and the law.

What you do find is that racing drivers do it on a track.

So please no more mention of racing this car or that car. It's meaningless as the other person may well not wish to become a statistic.
    As some one else wisely mentioned go to a track and then you'll see.
    To be fair Mark doesn't know the details or the road or the fact that the 'race' was more of a spirited drive. People do much more dangerous things daily like talking on a mobile phone or speeding in built up areas not driving fast on a country road like we were.

So don't lecture me from behind your keyboards with your track days and talk of 991's being faster (everyone knows these things) We all enjoy a sporty drive otherwise we wouldn't be on a forum called Audi Sport.

End of.
    Last edited by Ashmcblue; 2nd June 2014 at 23:07.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi Guys.
    The mythical paullowther!
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Guys.
    Hi Paul speak again in a bout 6 months yeahhh?
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

3rd Gear

Status
    To be fair Mark doesn't know the details or the road or the fact that the 'race' was more of a spirited drive. People do much more dangerous things in built up areas like talking on a mobile phone or speeding in building up areas not driving fast on a country road.

So don't lecture me from behind your keyboards with your track days and talk of 991's being faster (everyone knows these things) We all enjoy a sporty drive otherwise we wouldn't be on a forum called Audi Sport.
    Have to agree with you on this. Massive difference between being totally stupid and having a bit of fun. Don't think there was mention of built up areas or dogs or kids in your earlier post....

Good example - last week kiddy in a Corsa VXR pulls up besides me on a set of lights on a straight bit of duel carriage way (national speed limit) near my home. He was looking over at me and smiling so knew where it was leading. So off the lights and give him some S3 magic and a little wave good bye, I was two car lengths a head of him before I even hit 60. I then just let him carry on past me as didn't need to prove anything. Was fun mind but no harm done. Sensible is the name of the game.

lets all play nice
    Scotty2011, Ashmcblue and RYuill like this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    Have to agree with you on this. Massive difference between being totally stupid and having a bit of fun. Don't think there was mention of built up areas or dogs or kids....

Good example - last week kiddy in a Corsa VXR pulls up besides me on a set of lights on a straight bit of duel carriage way (national speed limit) near my home. He was looking over at me and smiling so knew where it was leading. So off the lights and give him some S3 magic and a little wave good bye, I was two car lengths a head of him before i even hit 60. I then just let him carry on past me as didn't need to prove anything. Was fun mind but no harm done. Sensible is the name of the game.
    Thank you! Enjoy your car : )

4th Gear

Status
    I hope everybody is good! I figured I'd show my face. Got sick and tired of the whole private plate fiasco and decided to take a break!

The car is running nicely, so impressed with all aspects of it and I'm still happy with all the decisions I've made (including the forum splitting lunar silver alcantara selection)

Would I have selected anything different? Possibly the folding mirrors, whilst I don't require them at all at the moment because of where I park (driveway at home and a private parking spot away from all cars at work) I think they look quite cool when folded. Quite short sighted of me but hey ho!

Up to 4500 miles now and the car runs like a dream. The only issues I've really had are that the inner tailpipes quickly become covered in black soot - I'm using T Cut Metal polish each week to keep on top of it. At first I used Brasso and it took me 90 minutes of absolute grafting to get them clean. T Cut get's them tidy with one swift wipe over. I also find I'm going through a lot of windscreen washer fluid, but that's not exactly breaking the bank. Finally I'm a bit cheesed off that the breaks appear to have gone rusty after such a short time, but I knew others were having this issue too so I'm not too fussed.

Oh, I saw an Estoril blue S3 on Longsands Road in St.Neots the other day - Anybody know who that was?

Had a cheeky race with a Nissan GTR too coming back from Leeds last weekend - that was a laugh. It's nice to be able to make genuine supercar drivers feel the need to prove something! Even if I did get my arse kicked!
    Louay and bleedsoff like this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    Try WD40 on your exhaust tips, rather than the abrasives you're using...
    veeeight and paullowther like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I hope everybody is good! I figured I'd show my face. Got sick and tired of the whole private plate fiasco and decided to take a break!

The car is running nicely, so impressed with all aspects of it and I'm still happy with all the decisions I've made (including the forum splitting lunar silver alcantara selection)

Would I have selected anything different? Possibly the folding mirrors, whilst I don't require them at all at the moment because of where I park (driveway at home and a private parking spot away from all cars at work) I think they look quite cool when folded. Quite short sighted of me but hey ho!

Up to 4500 miles now and the car runs like a dream. The only issues I've really had are that the inner tailpipes quickly become covered in black soot - I'm using T Cut Metal polish each week to keep on top of it. At first I used Brasso and it took me 90 minutes of absolute grafting to get them clean. T Cut get's them tidy with one swift wipe over. I also find I'm going through a lot of windscreen washer fluid, but that's not exactly breaking the bank. Finally I'm a bit cheesed off that the breaks appear to have gone rusty after such a short time, but I knew others were having this issue too so I'm not too fussed.

Oh, I saw an Estoril blue S3 on Longsands Road in St.Neots the other day - Anybody know who that was?

Had a cheeky race with a Nissan GTR too coming back from Leeds last weekend - that was a laugh. It's nice to be able to make genuine supercar drivers feel the need to prove something! Even if I did get my arse kicked!
    I use autosol liquid chrome cleaner and 0000 ultra fine grade steel wool - some
    body suggested on here and worked very well - first time took a little effort but should be easier if keep on top of it - will wear gloves next time though as took about 2 days for the black to finally come out of my hands
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Got the pooch to pose!

r.jpg
    Louay and the_lecht_rocks like this.

aka dazzler

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steverobertsbbc View Post
    Try WD40 on your exhaust tips, rather than the abrasives you're using...
    Tried this last week after the suggestion in the other thread.

Hadn't cleaned the tail pipes for ages - but it got rid of the soot (pretty) easily.

Even if it didn't work, it's not like a can of WD40 would break the bank in the process of trying!
    Current: '14 8V S3 3dr S-tronic, Estoril blue, 5 yr warranty, B+O, Comfort pack, Heated/ foldable/dimming mirrors, Hill hold assist, Int. light pack, LED headlights, Lumbar, mono.pur, Park system plus - front + rear, Privacy glass, Technology pack - high, TPMS.
    Past:
    '07 8P S3, Sprint Blue, RNS-E, BOSE, 6CD, armrest, int light pack, lumbar, light/rain pack, folding/dimming mirrors, parking sensors, flat bottomed wheel
    '02 8L S3, Silver

5th Gear

Status

Paul, good to see you are still alive were lots of rumours as to what happened to you.

Never ceasess to amaze me the number of people who have a point to prove even against a mere mortals standard A3 SB. In the last week alone I have dueled with a highly modified French Golf on the A28 out of Rouen and on a separate occasion had a guy in a little Alfa Mito continually trying to buzz me on the M25 between junction 22 and 25
    Ashmcblue likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Paul, good to see you are still alive were lots of rumours as to what happened to you.

Oh dear, I might have to have a read back and see what was said! Hopefully only nice things!
    Daveotto likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Oh dear, I might have to have a read back and see what was said! Hopefully only nice things!
    We thought you wrapped it around a tree and were too embarrsed to tell us.....

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    We thought you wrapped it around a tree and were too embarrsed to tell us.....
    I hope that doesn't happen what with all his racing exploits?
    Steeve

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by steeve View Post
    I hope that doesn't happen what with all his racing exploits?
    Where's mark when you need him to back you up!

I hope everyone on here enjoys their car.

3rd Gear

Status
    The MH370 of the Audi-sport forum.

Just disappeared......

Good to have you back
    Joetidman likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Never ceasess to amaze me the number of people who have a point to prove even against a mere mortals standard A3 SB. In the last week alone I have dueled with a highly modified French Golf on the A28 out of Rouen and on a separate occasion had a guy in a little Alfa Mito continually trying to buzz me on the M25 between junction 22 and 25
    No one ever bothers with me (in fact it's noticeably less than my old A3), guess all the exhausts scare them off.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

Neutral

Status
    Finally got round to sorting some black badges for my S3...

IMG_20140606_151322.jpgIMG_20140606_151343.jpgIMG_20140606_151403.jpgIMG_20140606_151412.jpg
    faisal_16 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by djc82 View Post
    I'm going to have to go out and say I'm not a fan. But if you like it and prefer it to the default then that's all that matters

Are they complete replacements or repainted originals?
    Brilliant Red 2014 Audi S3 SB - S-tronic | Comfort pack | Tech pack with connect | B&O | Interior Lighting Pack | Lunar Silver leather | 3D Black Inlays | Aluminium Roof Rails | Anthracite 5 Twin Spoke Alloys

Neutral

Status
    I'm pretty certain its a marmite thing to do really, people may either hate it or love it I guess

I purchased some replacement originals from Audi and then got a local body shop to colour code

3rd Gear

Status
    Good to see you back fella! We did assume you'd stuck it on its roof and couldn't face us lol
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by djc82 View Post
    I'm pretty certain its a marmite thing to do really, people may either hate it or love it I guess

I purchased some replacement originals from Audi and then got a local body shop to colour code
    Most likely. It's a tidy job regardless
    Brilliant Red 2014 Audi S3 SB - S-tronic | Comfort pack | Tech pack with connect | B&O | Interior Lighting Pack | Lunar Silver leather | 3D Black Inlays | Aluminium Roof Rails | Anthracite 5 Twin Spoke Alloys

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by balsaq View Post
    I'm going to have to go out and say I'm not a fan. But if you like it and prefer it to the default then that's all that matters

Are they complete replacements or repainted originals?
    Not for me, but does look mean and takes the black look to the next level, good job
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco