JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Page 150 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50100140143144145146147148149150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 5,961 to 6,000 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmcblue View Post
    If you are driving say on the motorway in Eco mode and you want to quickly switch to dynamic what's the way to do it?

I seem to remember the drive select button on the dash during my test drive. Can you set it to default with one press?
    If you have stronic then press the kick down button at the bottom of the accelerator travel, that overrides Eco mode
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks lol!

I have a toss up between either LED or Sports Seats! My car is already up to £37.5k! :S

The way my mind is ticking - I feel like I cannot justify £775.00 for LEDs when the Xenons aren't that bad. Especially considering the trade off is interior comfort that I will experience. I already have a SB A3 8V and the Xenon's on that are superb... The LEDs look soo good though! haha! Do you all see my problem!

Mani

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani_S_Bhogal View Post
    Thanks lol!

I have a toss up between either LED or Sports Seats! My car is already up to £37.5k! :S

The way my mind is ticking - I feel like I cannot justify £775.00 for LEDs when the Xenons aren't that bad. Especially considering the trade off is interior comfort that I will experience. I already have a SB A3 8V and the Xenon's on that are superb... The LEDs look soo good though! haha! Do you all see my problem!

Mani
    I went for LED's and not the sports seats - more important to see where I'm going than what my arse is on

Also, the sports seats are quite a statement, which I personally wasn't keen on.
    Mani_S_Bhogal likes this.
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    don't like those wheels, they look broken with the non symmetric pattern
    To be honest, I agree with you. I don't think they look good at all and actually detract from the good looks of the car!

Just my opinion of course!
    On order: Monsoon Grey 8V S3 Sportback - S-Tronic - Performance Pack - Sunroof - Assistance Pack - Mirror Pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks lol!

Mani
    I have the SS seats and LED's and if I had to choose it would be the seats hands down!! Although not sure on your other spec but the LED's are only £450 ish when you spec the comfort pack so you could still get both maybe???
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Reverse Gear

Status
    J6YAK,

Thanks for the response.

I just feel that when I am sitting in the car the LEDs will not do as much for me as the Sports Seats with the quilting. Is the quilting repeated on the back seats also? The quilting just looks lovely! I am yet to see it in the flesh incidentally as they didnt have a car at Bexley Audi with quilting.

Mani

3rd Gear

Status
    quilting on rear seats too in my S3 SB
    Mani_S_Bhogal and d8ean like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    If you have stronic then press the kick down button at the bottom of the accelerator travel, that overrides Eco mode
    Nice one. Good to know that if I am pootling along and someone wants to have bit of fun I only have to fully depress the accelerator!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    quilting on rear seats too in my S3 SB
    Cheers Lecht - I think that is sealed then! Sports Seats over quilting. I have gone for Glacier White - with the standard 5 hoop rims. No black styling pack either.

Are we sure about the LEDs coming in at £450 with comfort pack - I have gone for the comfort pack with ACC and Front and Rear Park Sensors...

J6YAK, the configurator and the dealer still mentions it coming in at £795..... Can you confirm it comes in at £450....

Thanks everyone....

Mani

Mani

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Lads - finally finalising my S3 spec with Bexley Audi tomorrow.

I am still deliberating on either LED Lights or Sports Seats - which one would you go for and why? Also with the Sports Seats is there quilting offered on the rear seats at all or is it only on the fronts??

Also - anyone have any views on the mono pur option?? Any good??

Mani
    I'd have the seats for comfort.

From experience LED lights are not reliable enough yet & I don't fancy the bill for replacing a complete headlight.
    How often have you seen a brake light with one or more LED's out in it? Not just as simple as replacing a single diode, the whole unit has to be replaced.

Don't get me wrong, LED lighting is brilliant when it works, but still not perfected yet.

Also specced mono pur as it does make the cabin that bit nicer.
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

1st Gear

Status
    Don't agree with your LED story. LED is more reliable than light bulbs or Xenon. Never had an Audi with broken LED's. It's no Ford Fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by S3quatt View Post
    I'd have the seats for comfort.

From experience LED lights are not reliable enough yet & I don't fancy the bill for replacing a complete headlight.
    How often have you seen a brake light with one or more LED's out in it? Not just as simple as replacing a single diode, the whole unit has to be replaced.

Don't get me wrong, LED lighting is brilliant when it works, but still not perfected yet.

Also specced mono pur as it does make the cabin that bit nicer.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

5th Gear

Status
    I didn't spec LEDs - I could have done but the xenons can be specced up to do more tricks (ie adaptive light swivelling, variable high beam etc). LEDs has have different lights that switch on and off but don't swivel.

I decided to wait until I get my next car for LEDs - hopefully they will have matrix led on the 8v by then.
    Solly1 likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

5th Gear

Status
    ^ yes agree! I'm waiting until the 8V offers Matrix LEDs before spec ing them.

Also wary about the replacement costs for the complete headlight unit

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

5th Gear

Status
    Matrix LED really so look Amazing. Combined with the new laser beam technology we're in for a treat in a few years!
    veeeight likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    The super sports seats are stunning and in my opinion really make the car feel and look special. So so glad I specced them on my car. Same can be said for mono.pur...
    Go on spoil yourself!
    J6YAK and Joetidman like this.

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post
    Don't agree with your LED story. LED is more reliable than light bulbs or Xenon. Never had an Audi with broken LED's. It's no Ford Fiesta.
    I'm talking about LED lights on subsea equipment not a ford. lights which should withstand more punishment than any fitted to a car. They started using them about 6 years ago & even now they are still not reliable enough for me to risk having them on my car. Don't get me wrong, they have improved tremendously in the past couple of years, but for now I'll stick with HID.

Also for the record, I've seen plenty VAG cars with them as brake lights with a few out. Not old vehicles either.
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers Lecht - I think that is sealed then! Sports Seats over quilting. I have gone for Glacier White - with the standard 5 hoop rims. No black styling pack either.

Are we sure about the LEDs coming in at £450 with comfort pack - I have gone for the comfort pack with ACC and Front and Rear Park Sensors...

J6YAK, the configurator and the dealer still mentions it coming in at £795..... Can you confirm it comes in at £450....

Thanks everyone....

Mani

Mani
    Mani

I was defo charged £408 +vat for the LED lights, when I spec'd them I got a surprise when my dealer told me as I was expecting £795, he said it was because I also spec'd the comfort pack. I would challenge your dealer on that one!

As for the SS Seats they were the first thing I spec'd and I didn't see them in the flesh until I collected my car..... They are amazing and well worth the money, I think they complete the look of the interior and you need to get them!!
    Last edited by J6YAK; 24th March 2014 at 22:07.
    d8ean likes this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Neutral

Status
    A big, ugly and polluted south-Europe city
    Goy the LED lights. Worth every penny. Driving at night on motorway it is a totally different story. Total light field depth, perfect color, perfect hue. And do not forget that you also get the cornering lights! You also get the turn indicator in the light guide of the DRL. Much stylish that the ugly incandescent lamp of the xenon headlights.

I had xenons on my Z4 E89 and if you need to blink the high beam during the day it is a pain because xenons needs some second to reach full light power and if you blink during the day with off headlights it blinks nothing (Z4 had one only lamp with moving mirrors for high beam)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    I specced a lot of things but the sports seats I didn't bother with and the standard ones are fine - I guess the sports seats come into their own on a race track, however a colleague has an rs3 and I struggled to get into the seats in his car, lol

mono pur - I just didn't see the point, so didn't bother

I saw a car with the supersports seats but they looked and felt tacky
    forgot to add, the LED lights are awesome and well worth the money. Currently driving an a5 177 tdi sportback with xenon lights which are s**t in comparison
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    Mani

I was defo charged £408 +vat for the LED lights, when I spec'd them I got a surprise when my dealer told me as I was expecting £795, he said it was because I also spec'd the comfort pack. I would challenge your dealer on that one!

As for the SS Seats they were the first thing I spec'd and I didn't see them in the flesh until I collected my car..... They are amazing and well worth the money, I think they complete the look of the interior and you need to get them!!
    email fired off to audi to confirm as I was charged £795 despite ordering the comfort pack - ive been told £795 is correct and the discount only applies to non-s3 cars but I don't see why
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks lol!

Mani
    don't worry, my car started at £34900, then went to £37000ish and ended up at £40395 (less discount) as I have no will power

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Matrix LED really so look Amazing. Combined with the new laser beam technology we're in for a treat in a few years!
    and the heads up display - yeh, will be like a modern day deathrace 2000

1st Gear

Status
    Last edited by bjorngra; 25th March 2014 at 19:01.
    warren_S5, S3LEB, J6YAK and 4 others like this.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

Neutral

Status
    It does surprise me Audi hasn't added a 19" option for the hatches. Damn that looks good
    Brilliant Red 2014 Audi S3 SB - S-tronic | Comfort pack | Tech pack with connect | B&O | Interior Lighting Pack | Lunar Silver leather | 3D Black Inlays | Aluminium Roof Rails | Anthracite 5 Twin Spoke Alloys

2nd Gear

Status
    Sits nice and level does that. Do you mean H&R?
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

1st Gear

Status
    Yes, H&R. They also have springs for Magnetic Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    Sits nice and level does that. Do you mean H&R?

Status
    The 'tard at Audi AG who decided to omit a 19" option from the S3 Hatch / Sportback catalogue options listing should be sacked. Those wheels look just right. At least they had the sense to spec them for the saloon.
    Last edited by warren_S5; 25th March 2014 at 21:19.
    J6YAK, bjorngra and Mani_S_Bhogal like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

2nd Gear

Status
    That one certainly is a looker is it!! Sepang? Sits just right on those 19's
    Good find Bjorngra, keep em coming lad.

do you know the width of those wheels? And is it running spacers?

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah that colour really sets off the car. Love that blue. Wish they had made it an affordable option on the MY14s!

Coming from experience though, the S3 SB's wheel arches aren't as roomly as what's going to be on the S3 Sedan. I'm running 19x8 rotors on 235, and although I don't really get any rubbing (I have once or twice), there's no more room for play at all. I can't imagine dropping it on H&Rs as well. This car must be rubbing like mad.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ConS3 View Post
    Yeah that colour really sets off the car. Love that blue. Wish they had made it an affordable option on the MY14s!

Coming from experience though, the S3 SB's wheel arches aren't as roomly as what's going to be on the S3 Sedan. I'm running 19x8 rotors on 235, and although I don't really get any rubbing (I have once or twice), there's no more room for play at all. I can't imagine dropping it on H&Rs as well. This car must be rubbing like mad.
    What offset are you running?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Bjorngra - how effective is the Magnetic Ride? Was it worth the option price? Reason I ask is that 1) it's rare to have and 2) I have just placed my order without Mag Ride....

Neutral

Status
    That is one fantastic looking SB. Sepang Blue is such a killer colour!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OZAudi84 View Post

I totally agree.

Now that estoril blue has been dropped from the colours and Audi have confirmed the new TTS will be offered in sepang blue for regular additional cost (ie not exclusive money) I think it is highly likely we shall see the S3 offered with sepang at some point in the future too.

It really is a spectacular colour though.
    OZAudi84 likes this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OZAudi84 View Post
    I love Sepang! I also like Blue Mika if anyone has seen that one??? I think there is one on the Audi website!

Just as an update - my factory order went in to Bexley Audi yesterday this is my spec as follows:

S3 - 3 door
    S-tronic
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Advanced Key
    Audi Parking System Plus
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
    Comfort Package
    Electric Folding Mirrors
    Inlays - 3d Black
    Interior Light Pack
    Non-smoking Pack
    Privacy Glass
    Super Sports Seats
    Technology Package

Is there anything critical that I missed??

Mani

5th Gear

Status
    Hold assist and tyre pressure monitoring?

Oh, and a colour?!

5th Gear

Status
    I didnt think you could order the S3 Sportback or hatch with the Saloon wheels?

or am I wrong??

I suppose he could have bought them over the parts counter but I can imagine that needing a second finance arrangement !!

or they could be reps.

Anyone know the specifics as the above is exactly what I want - 19" standard S3 rims & lowered slightly - on a lovely blue
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

3rd Gear

Status
    I love Sepang! I also like Blue Mika if anyone has seen that one??? I think there is one on the Audi website!

Just as an update - my factory order went in to Bexley Audi yesterday this is my spec as follows:

S3 - 3 door
    S-tronic
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Advanced Key
    Audi Parking System Plus
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
    Comfort Package
    Electric Folding Mirrors
    Inlays - 3d Black
    Interior Light Pack
    Non-smoking Pack
    Privacy Glass
    Super Sports Seats
    Technology Package

Is there anything critical that I missed??

Mani
    I wouldn't go for non smoking pack as it's not like the old model - Basically they take away the ashtray (about £50) which is handy for putting things in and the lighter becomes a dummy socket - I kept it this time

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    I totally agree.

Now that estoril blue has been dropped from the colours and Audi have confirmed the new TTS will be offered in sepang blue for regular additional cost (ie not exclusive money) I think it is highly likely we shall see the S3 offered with sepang at some point in the future too.

It really is a spectacular colour though.
    Sepang blue on the S3 in the near future, that's are sure thing down here in Australia, MY15 cars can be ordered with Sepang Blue, only trouble is no dealership can place the other for us yet. I know the dealership I ordered from, they have have Sepang Blue S3 to be entered into the system.
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Longy View Post
    Sepang blue on the S3 in the near future, that's are sure thing down here in Australia, MY15 cars can be ordered with Sepang Blue, only trouble is no dealership can place the other for us yet. I know the dealership I ordered from, they have have Sepang Blue S3 to be entered into the system.

Ahhh right so sooner rather than later ... much sooner !

I can see lots of people selecting this for their S3's as:

a) it looks amazing
    b) standard upgrade price compared to audi exclusive price is a HUGE difference
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

5th Gear

Status
    No doubt about it I'd have ordered Sepang if it were available as a non exclusive price