AH FabricationsBadger5
Page 147 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4797137140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,880 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

  1. #5841
    Scotty2011's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    But not quite as good to drive on the edge?
    Had an hour in a Focus RS (with 400hp) and it drives very well, especially cornering with masses of grip.
    Always hankered after one, but don't think I could quite get over the line with the looks.
    It was a fun car to drive on a windy dry road, but that was really it for me. Its too much torque for a front wheel drive car, front wheels would slip all the time. And wasn't a particularly well built car, I had to replace the wiring loom for the sat nav as it was corroded, engine rattle, rear wheel arches were rusting, stitching was coming loose off the seats and to top it off, after I ordered the S3, the dual mass fly wheel and clutch needed replace just after it ran out of warranty. I did have good fun with it though, it kept up with M3's and RS4's.
    I haven't had a chance to throw the S3 round any corners yet so can't compare in the handling with the RS.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #5842
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMurray View Post
    Picked mine up today and then took the long way home over the Lecht



    Very happy with it.
    snap, though mine has a pano roof
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  4. #5843
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12
    Build week 13 confirmed, getting excited now. Mid-Late April and my spangly S3 should be here.
    Ordered Dec 20th and build week came forward a week.

  5. #5844
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    694
    Just found out my S3 Saloon has been built!! Even more excited now!
    RAPS3, warren_S5, J6YAK and 2 others like this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

    Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

  6. #5845
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasper2 View Post
    Build week 13 confirmed, getting excited now. Mid-Late April and my spangly S3 should be here.
    Ordered Dec 20th and build week came forward a week.
    Nice one. I ordered early Dec for wk 19 build, come fwd 3 weeks already, mid May collection, CANNOT WAIT!!
    Joetidman and vegnomeat like this.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

  7. #5846
    Toadoftoadhall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    298
    I thought it was about time I posted an update.

    A year ago today I was preparing to go to the Geneva Motor Show to see the new S3 at it's official launch. For those that remember the early days of this (Snake's) very popular thread you will also remember the excitement of the upcoming S3 as I do. It really helped in those early days of research to try and satisfy that yearning for information!

    Seeing the new S3 in the flesh and sitting in it at Geneva last year made up my mind that the S3 was the car that I wanted.

    After much research and finally driving two S3s on extended tests - last October - my order went in. The wait then continued but
    to keep me occupied during all this time I was building a new garage to house my new S3.

    Well last week on 03/03/14 I finally collected my S3

    My S3 was everything I expected and more. After all the build up - pulling off the silky cover sheet to reveal my gleaming S3 was a truly incredible experience. A dream realised.

    I have covered about 750 miles so far and can honestly say I have never grinned so much for so long. The S3 is truly amazing. I am so pleased with it and my specification although I still am learning the ropes about everything!

    I have finally got around to uploading some photos onto my Flickr page.

    My new S3

    I look forward to many many thousands of miles motoring in this awesome machine
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

  8. #5847
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    I thought it was about time I posted an update.

    A year ago today I was preparing to go to the Geneva Motor Show to see the new S3 at it's official launch. For those that remember the early days of this (Snake's) very popular thread you will also remember the excitement of the upcoming S3 as I do. It really helped in those early days of research to try and satisfy that yearning for information!

    Seeing the new S3 in the flesh and sitting in it at Geneva last year made up my mind that the S3 was the car that I wanted.

    After much research and finally driving two S3s on extended tests - last October - my order went in. The wait then continued but
    to keep me occupied during all this time I was building a new garage to house my new S3.

    Well last week on 03/03/14 I finally collected my S3

    My S3 was everything I expected and more. After all the build up - pulling off the silky cover sheet to reveal my gleaming S3 was a truly incredible experience. A dream realised.

    I have covered about 750 miles so far and can honestly say I have never grinned so much for so long. The S3 is truly amazing. I am so pleased with it and my specification although I still am learning the ropes about everything!

    I have finally got around to uploading some photos onto my Flickr page.

    My new S3

    I look forward to many many thousands of miles motoring in this awesome machine
    I too went too geneva about this time last year and sat in the S3 -
    Picked mine up 1st March

    Awesome you are not wrong
    Mani_S_Bhogal likes this.

  9. #5848
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    A big, ugly and polluted south-Europe city
    Posts
    87
    Hi all, just a question on the brake pedal. I noticed on my brand new S3 (1 week so far) that sometimes, when I release the brake pedal following with the foot through its run, the action is not smooth...it seems something like a notch that prevents the pedal to immediately go to the full released position. Did you notice something similar on your car? Thanks!

  10. #5849
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    Can't say I've noticed anything strange on my S3. When does it do it exactly? With handbrake on? With hold assist active?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  11. #5850
    Toadoftoadhall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    I too went too geneva about this time last year and sat in the S3 -
    Picked mine up 1st March

    Awesome you are not wrong
    Cool You weren't the guy with the white shoes and black trousers who sat next to me in the S3 I suppose?
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

  12. #5851
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    How's everyone enjoying the LED headlights ?

  13. #5852
    Scotty2011's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    How's everyone enjoying the LED headlights ?
    Loving them. Very distinct look. Worth every penny.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

  14. #5853
    Snake Pliskin's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Just found out my S3 Saloon has been built!! Even more excited now!


    Cool ... Are you gonna be the first on the forum to pick up an S3 saloon then ?

    Look forward to write up and pics
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

  15. #5854
    Snake Pliskin's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    I thought it was about time I posted an update.

    A year ago today I was preparing to go to the Geneva Motor Show to see the new S3 at it's official launch. For those that remember the early days of this (Snake's) very popular thread you will also remember the excitement of the upcoming S3 as I do. It really helped in those early days of research to try and satisfy that yearning for information!

    Seeing the new S3 in the flesh and sitting in it at Geneva last year made up my mind that the S3 was the car that I wanted.

    After much research and finally driving two S3s on extended tests - last October - my order went in. The wait then continued but
    to keep me occupied during all this time I was building a new garage to house my new S3.

    Well last week on 03/03/14 I finally collected my S3

    My S3 was everything I expected and more. After all the build up - pulling off the silky cover sheet to reveal my gleaming S3 was a truly incredible experience. A dream realised.

    I have covered about 750 miles so far and can honestly say I have never grinned so much for so long. The S3 is truly amazing. I am so pleased with it and my specification although I still am learning the ropes about everything!

    I have finally got around to uploading some photos onto my Flickr page.

    My new S3

    I look forward to many many thousands of miles motoring in this awesome machine






    Well its about time
    ha ha

    Yeah where has the year gone since those initial talks began.
    Great to hear you are so pleased with your car - I don't think it was ever gonna disappoint though.
    You picked (IMO) the best colour and an amazing specification inc the all important LED lights, super sport seats, B&O, pano roof, privacy glass and mono pur ... plus all your other bits & bobs.

    The pictures look excellent so thanks for sharing those.

    So what is your next research project then
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

  16. #5855
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    "Cool ������ You weren't the guy with the white shoes and black trousers who sat next to me in the S3 I suppose? "

    Well I had dark blue jeans on and white trainers - Thursday 14th was the day I went just found it on my works calendar (keep that cleared down obviously)

  17. #5856
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    A big, ugly and polluted south-Europe city
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Can't say I've noticed anything strange on my S3. When does it do it exactly? With handbrake on? With hold assist active?
    Nor with brake nor with hold assist active...it is something a "sticky" pedal on release sometime...I am trying to understand if it is associated with a particular behavior of the car but it seems totally random...

  18. #5857
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    694
    Just seen this from the brand new Autoexpress S3 Saloon review. Looks like it gets aluminium pedals? Or have I got that wrong?

    Audi S3 Saloon 2014 review - pictures | 8 | Auto Express
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

    Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

  19. #5858
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Just seen this from the brand new Autoexpress S3 Saloon review. Looks like it gets aluminium pedals? Or have I got that wrong?

    Audi S3 Saloon 2014 review - pictures | 8 | Auto Express
    That's correct it's the footrest that isn't coming through stainless - This has been taken out of the S3 and Sportback brochure now
    Joetidman likes this.

  20. #5859
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    That's correct it's the footrest that isn't coming through stainless - This has been taken out of the S3 and Sportback brochure now
    Gotcha, cheers!
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

    Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

  21. #5860
    Toadoftoadhall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    How's everyone enjoying the LED headlights ?
    They are excellent. We had fog last night and I was on nightshift. Very impressed indeed. The all weather lighting setting realy made a difference. The light is very clear indeed with good penetration. I have added a photo to My S3 flickr page as when I returned to the car the light beam pattern was so spectacular

    The LEDs are very visually striking and it really does seem like daylight and is much easier on the eye at night than my previous car (Golf - halogens) Main beam assist is something I didnt think I would use (it was not a specified option for me but included with other things I wanted) but actually its been really good and very quick to react.
    Snake Pliskin and Ryan_R like this.
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

  22. #5861
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    They are excellent. We had fog last night and I was on nightshift. Very impressed indeed. The all weather lighting setting realy made a difference. The light is very clear indeed with good penetration. I have added a photo to My S3 flickr page as when I returned to the car the light beam pattern was so spectacular

    The LEDs are very visually striking and it really does seem like daylight and is much easier on the eye at night than my previous car (Golf - halogens) Main beam assist is something I didnt think I would use (it was not a specified option for me but included with other things I wanted) but actually its been really good and very quick to react.
    Wow, its like your car is firing a couple of laser beams from its face!
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

    Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

  23. #5862
    Snake Pliskin's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    804
    Stunning photo again and you have caught the LED beam brilliantly there.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

  24. #5863
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    I gave the led headlights. How do I enable the all weather settings ?

  25. #5864
    Scotty2011's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    I gave the led headlights. How do I enable the all weather settings ?
    Theres a wee button on the light controls to your right side of the steering wheel. Its a cloud symbol.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

  26. #5865
    Toadoftoadhall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    "Cool ������ You weren't the guy with the white shoes and black trousers who sat next to me in the S3 I suppose? "

    Well I had dark blue jeans on and white trainers - Thursday 14th was the day I went just found it on my works calendar (keep that cleared down obviously)
    I was in the S3 on 16th March so someone else with white shoes!
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

  27. #5866
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    Lovely photos. What camera??

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    They are excellent. We had fog last night and I was on nightshift. Very impressed indeed. The all weather lighting setting realy made a difference. The light is very clear indeed with good penetration. I have added a photo to My S3 flickr page as when I returned to the car the light beam pattern was so spectacular

    The LEDs are very visually striking and it really does seem like daylight and is much easier on the eye at night than my previous car (Golf - halogens) Main beam assist is something I didnt think I would use (it was not a specified option for me but included with other things I wanted) but actually its been really good and very quick to react.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  28. #5867
    Toadoftoadhall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Lovely photos. What camera??
    Most on my flickr sets are with my Canon 5D Mk3 - the grainy LED headlight beam shot was a quicky with my trusty Iphone5s
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

  29. #5868
    Toadoftoadhall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post

    So what is your next research project then
    Good question Well i still have to kit out and do all the finishing stuff to the new garage but after that - who knows!
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

  30. #5869
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    Most on my flickr sets are with my Canon 5D Mk3 - the grainy LED headlight beam shot was a quicky with my trusty Iphone5s
    Very nice quality - might be time to upgrade my old 350d!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  31. #5870
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    83
    1780224_750786268279616_159223757_o.jpg

    Just picked up my car from Envy Car Care

    Stage 1 polish and Opti-Coat Pro paint protection applied to a Brilliant Black S3.

    Excellent job by Tim from Envy Car Care - Gosport - Would highly recommend!
    Last edited by visionthing; 14th March 2014 at 19:57.
    Danners78, gilesf, Itguy and 2 others like this.
    Audi S3 Sportback 8V
    VCDS HEX+USB+CAN - Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, London

  32. #5871
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    I was in the S3 on 16th March so someone else with white shoes!
    Nice!!

  33. #5872
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    With the electric mirrors, do they fold when you get out of the car?

    I only ask because in my Scirocco I have to manually select to fold them electrically before getting out. Its annoying when you need to get out on a busy road and can't see what coming.
    bit daft my 11 year old Peugeot 307 folded its mirrors in or out as soon as you turn the ignition key
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  34. #5873
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    bit daft my 11 year old Peugeot 307 folded its mirrors in or out as soon as you turn the ignition key
    You can set them in the mmi to fold when you lock the car but they unfold when you turn the ignition on rather than when you unlock - only option you have

  35. #5874
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    You can set them in the mmi to fold when you lock the car but they unfold when you turn the ignition on rather than when you unlock - only option you have
    Audi had this all set up for me on collection.

  36. #5875
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    So, I'm two weeks in now with our new S3 so thought I'd write some more thoughts on the car having now totalled about 1200 miles.

    Firstly, the not so good

    Can't pair two phones at once to Bluetooth - this is a pain after having it on my previous MINI

    High beam assist / variable beam control is a little slow to return to full beam after a car has gone past

    Car a little more thirsty than I was hoping for, even when I've been taking it really steady (32mpg mixed taking it easy)

    I'm not being let out of as many junctions as I was in the MINI (expected I suppose)

    DIS menus go back to a default setting after power off (ie telephone menu defaults to directory rather than call list, same with Radio/ Media). Why can't it just remember where you were!?

    Can't end or answer a telephone call easily on the steering wheel, have to use MMI wheel (unless someone can tell me how?!)

    Parking can be tricky with the hold assist and s tronic, especially if you are trying to just edge a bit closer to a wall etc. Can surge slightly when it releases and you tap the accelerator.

    Reversible boot mat - rubbish. Have put it in the loft and ordered a boot liner from Titan.

    No water temp gauge

    "Want" to go and drive - maybe it's because I've been driving in E mode and trying to get a decent mpg but I don't wake up every morning thinking "yes, another drive in my new S3" which may be me getting older, bored easily, worried about the cost, etc etc. It's certainly not the same feeling as a new Fiesta ST which we drove recently which gave me the "just get in and abuse me" feel. This is probably the difference that the road testers comment on with the m135i vs S3. It's also been dry this week so Quattro not being touched, so as soon as it rains again I'll be back in love again I'm sure.

    Now the good bits!

    Performance - obvious really but it feels just right to me. Doesn't rip your head off but has a lot more go than 99% of other traffic meaning you never really feel like you're an underdog, especially for those petty early morning dual carridgeway roundabout drag races against the 320d / A4 tdi drivers. They like to try though! I like the engine note and it's even got a nice rumble in economy mode when just pottering about. I don't mind the stop start, it's quite intuitive and easy to control if it does it or not.

    Clever s-tronic & drive select - they really have worked on this since the dsg in our golf. Fantastic economy mode which coasts when you are not accelerating or braking and super smooth gear changes in all driving conditions and drive select modes.

    Variable steering rack - I'm liking this. Means I very rarely have to move my hands from quarter to and quarter past.

    MMI - intuitive, gets me to where I want to go easily and with connect the online destination functions finally replicate google maps functionality in a car system. This is what we've been needing for ages in car tech. Petrol station functionality is great too.

    Overall looks - I love the way my car looks and am really happy with my choices. The panther black is lovely in direct sun and just looks like a glossy black in the shade. Saw it the other night under car park led lighting and it looked amazing! It will need regular attention to keep it looking good though, which is maybe a downside but that's the same for any black car. Wheels are easier to clean than they look.

    ACC - I've posted my liking of this before but the more I use it the more I like it. It was foggy the other morning and I set it to distance 4 and kept a nice long distance from the car in front. I think in this way it is a great safety feature and an electronic second pair of eyes for me. Lane assist is also helpful like this.

    Interior light pack - this just sets the interior off i think. Nice little touches everywhere and makes the cabin very easy to use at night. Not sure about the footwell background lighting yet but they can be adjusted anyway.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  37. #5876
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    79
    Mmmm agreeing broadly with above, particularly when driven in economy.
    I'm loving driving it though and "want" to at every opportunity. Even in comfort I find performance brilliant, great for commuting, odd periods in dynamic / sport the performance is borderline insane, few roads where it is safe to make full use of.

    Hope to do an A to Z for those still waiting soon, but today I may need to find some good roads ;-)
    S3_Timmo likes this.
    Delivered 1 March 2014, Estoril blue S3 Sportback STronic. B&O, Comfort, Aluminium rails, Interior Lights, Through load, lumbar, SD Sat Nav,TPM, Rev Mat.

  38. #5877
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    So, I'm two weeks in now with our new S3 so thought I'd write some more thoughts on the car having now totalled about 1200 miles.

    Firstly, the not so good

    Can't pair two phones at once to Bluetooth - this is a pain after having it on my previous MINI

    High beam assist / variable beam control is a little slow to return to full beam after a car has gone past

    Car a little more thirsty than I was hoping for, even when I've been taking it really steady (32mpg mixed taking it easy)

    I'm not being let out of as many junctions as I was in the MINI (expected I suppose)

    DIS menus go back to a default setting after power off (ie telephone menu defaults to directory rather than call list, same with Radio/ Media). Why can't it just remember where you were!?

    Can't end or answer a telephone call easily on the steering wheel, have to use MMI wheel (unless someone can tell me how?!)

    Parking can be tricky with the hold assist and s tronic, especially if you are trying to just edge a bit closer to a wall etc. Can surge slightly when it releases and you tap the accelerator.

    Reversible boot mat - rubbish. Have put it in the loft and ordered a boot liner from Titan.

    No water temp gauge

    "Want" to go and drive - maybe it's because I've been driving in E mode and trying to get a decent mpg but I don't wake up every morning thinking "yes, another drive in my new S3" which may be me getting older, bored easily, worried about the cost, etc etc. It's certainly not the same feeling as a new Fiesta ST which we drove recently which gave me the "just get in and abuse me" feel. This is probably the difference that the road testers comment on with the m135i vs S3. It's also been dry this week so Quattro not being touched, so as soon as it rains again I'll be back in love again I'm sure.

    Now the good bits!

    Performance - obvious really but it feels just right to me. Doesn't rip your head off but has a lot more go than 99% of other traffic meaning you never really feel like you're an underdog, especially for those petty early morning dual carridgeway roundabout drag races against the 320d / A4 tdi drivers. They like to try though! I like the engine note and it's even got a nice rumble in economy mode when just pottering about. I don't mind the stop start, it's quite intuitive and easy to control if it does it or not.

    Clever s-tronic & drive select - they really have worked on this since the dsg in our golf. Fantastic economy mode which coasts when you are not accelerating or braking and super smooth gear changes in all driving conditions and drive select modes.

    Variable steering rack - I'm liking this. Means I very rarely have to move my hands from quarter to and quarter past.

    MMI - intuitive, gets me to where I want to go easily and with connect the online destination functions finally replicate google maps functionality in a car system. This is what we've been needing for ages in car tech. Petrol station functionality is great too.

    Overall looks - I love the way my car looks and am really happy with my choices. The panther black is lovely in direct sun and just looks like a glossy black in the shade. Saw it the other night under car park led lighting and it looked amazing! It will need regular attention to keep it looking good though, which is maybe a downside but that's the same for any black car. Wheels are easier to clean than they look.

    ACC - I've posted my liking of this before but the more I use it the more I like it. It was foggy the other morning and I set it to distance 4 and kept a nice long distance from the car in front. I think in this way it is a great safety feature and an electronic second pair of eyes for me. Lane assist is also helpful like this.

    Interior light pack - this just sets the interior off i think. Nice little touches everywhere and makes the cabin very easy to use at night. Not sure about the footwell background lighting yet but they can be adjusted anyway.
    With regards to the phone - you should be able to end the call by pressing the left wheel on the steering wheel - it should say on the dis end call and you just press the wheel down

  39. #5878
    VeeDubDan's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    254
    I must admit I do find the handbrake to be quite "grabby" on release. Not sure if this is related to being S Trontic or not. We have a new Golf which is manual which is far smoother when releasing the handbrake.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

  40. #5879
    Battlekrapz's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    404
    S3 vs bmw 135i track battle:

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjo0o-M35GQ
    ~RS~ likes this.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

  41. #5880
    Battlekrapz's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    404
    ~RS~ likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Popping the hood of the 2013 Audi S6
    By stuffedbackseat in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C7 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 21:22
  2. 2013 Audi A3 5d Sportback
    By trev0006 in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 21:56
  3. 2013 Audi A3 2.0T 6spd MT FWD....sline or not??
    By burbank2broward in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th September 2012, 21:05
  4. 2013 Audi R8 development
    By trev0006 in forum R8 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th September 2012, 20:06
  5. Leaked Official 2013 Audi A3 Photos
    By ABYSS in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 28th March 2012, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO