JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Page 141 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4191131134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148151 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,640 of 6213
Like Tree3378Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Although the standard S3 alloys are unique and nice it's a shame they didn't bring them out with a silver finish.

This is why I chose the same as you, imo they suit the rest of the ali trim(especially on SB with ali rails) on the car where as the darker standard S3 alloys don't unless you've got the black styling pack and black rails. Just my personal thoughts.
    after looking at (MANY) photos I've switched from estoril to monsoon. i like how the standard S3 wheels go with the monsoon and personally think the front grille being grey goes better too. all down to personal taste tho!
    0B1001001, Duds44 and vakaviti like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Just checking.... When you are at 1500-2000 rpm, you also hear some metal sound from exhaust? Is it normal? Cheers!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boy1308 View Post
    Just checking.... When you are at 1500-2000 rpm, you also hear some metal sound from exhaust? Is it normal? Cheers!
    The sound you mention does seem to be normal as several have memtioned it on here and some have had it checked out, Mine is the same also, not the greatest of sounds but you shouldnt worry about it.
    boy1308 likes this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    The sound you mention does seem to be normal as several have memtioned it on here and some have had it checked out, Mine is the same also, not the greatest of sounds but you shouldnt worry about it.
    Ok thx!

1st Gear

Status
    A new exhaust can also be a bit metallic sounding until it cokes up a bit too.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Coming up to 2000 miles and I'm at 25.0mpg.
    I think that's ballpark correct. On the motorway at 70, I get 37mpg. Driving "briskly" in the region of 16-18 mpg. Overall I am similar at around 26-27 mpg. 4,000 miles in. I would say it has noticeably speeded up however, and the exhaust also has a little sharper sound, all in all, improving with age, so all good.
    RSQ3 - Sepang blue.

1st Gear

Status
    Well my S3 is going back to Audi next week as I seem to have a really squeaky wheel !
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Well my S3 is going back to Audi next week as I seem to have a really squeaky wheel !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Battlekrapz, Lmg, gilesf and 2 others like this.

2nd Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Car being built mid March for mid April delivery. Has come forward 1 month now

woo hoo
    Last edited by S3 TRS; 21st February 2014 at 20:03.
    gilesf and Sparks43 like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Great review, well found! V glad that I specced the parade red interior, not everyone's taste but having driven a demo with it in I just had to have it.
    S3 TRS likes this.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

Status
    Good review; and I agree with him about the sound of the exhaust note, I could have just done with a bit more 'tune'
    J6YAK and RobbieWebs like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    Car bring build mid match for mid April delivery. Come forward 1 month now woo hoo
    Mine is here mate! Just booked in to pick it up on March 4th at 1030.

Reverse Gear

Status
    March the 3rd being delivered !! cant wait now.

4th Gear

Status
    That review summoned it for me ...
    Discreet hooligans car !
    Envy u lads much, enjoy
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Mines been brought forward from BW18 to BW14 so far.... Still not fixed, and it's taken 4 weeks to change that much. Let's hope the trend continues cos as it stands, I'll be away when it's ready for hand over lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig81 View Post
    Mine is here mate! Just booked in to pick it up on March 4th at 1030.
    Mine as well - next Saturday 8.30

Neutral

Status

2013 Audi S3

With a lot of new nice motors hitting the roads within a week now - remember to drive carefully guys, and not like this A3 is driven; http://youtu.be/hX-xOrnEFc4
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Great review, well found! V glad that I specced the parade red interior, not everyone's taste but having driven a demo with it in I just had to have it.

brilliant vid!

if I had specced red too, then I would most likely have gone with the red interior. looks the best on a red car I think!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cbotved View Post
    With a lot of new nice motors hitting the roads within a week now - remember to drive carefully guys, and not like this A3 is driven; BMW X5 and Audi A3 accident in tunnel - YouTube

WTF??? were the A3 and BMW racing? Idiots! sounds a little like Russian tho! typical

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    I'd like to put a honeycomb grill on mine when it arrives al la RS. Any thoughts on that from anyone?

2nd Gear

Status
    WTF??? were the A3 and BMW racing? Idiots! sounds a little like Russian tho! typical
    Please don't generalise, I've been to Russia plenty of times and have never had issues or seen any silly driving other than the typical silliness you can see in any other country. I'm sure you could make UK crash compilations on youtube to match some of the Russian ones. Russia as you know is huge and many carry a camera in their cars for insurance purposes, hence the amount of videos being carried on to youtube.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sure there are 'accidents' (and even outright stupidity) everywhere but from what I've seen on YouTube a lot of them seem to have no regard or concept of recognising potential hazards and slowing down, especially when driving (I'll be brave and say it) rubbish cars on icy/slippery roads (and that's ignoring a lot of clips where some of them appear to crash on purpose out of spite or ego).
    Obviously not just Russia, I've seen similar stuff in other eastern Euro countries also also some Asian ones (can't remember specifically). But I wouldn't expect to see the same behaviour/attitude to the same magnitude/volume in England or Australia (unless of course there's a game of car football in progress)
    Last edited by Ryan_R; 22nd February 2014 at 10:40.
    S3 TRS and gilesf like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes I agree, and I have Russian friends!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmcblue View Post
    I'd like to put a honeycomb grill on mine when it arrives al la RS. Any thoughts on that from anyone?
    Ul have to wait for the new RS 3 for that I would have thought

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWebs View Post
    Ul have to wait for the new RS 3 for that I would have thought
    Who develops these kind of things?

Do they CAD the grill and then make the mould and then finally just mass produce?

4th Gear

Status
    Makes sense that but I'm guessing Chinese copies of original

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWebs View Post
    Makes sense that but I'm guessing Chinese copies of original
    Yeah I'm wondering that because I import and manufacture in china so I could probably sort it.

If anyone who can CAD reads this I will donor my grill so we can do it.

I was in a factory recently where they were 3D printing handles for Loewes and Sears pliers etc. A lot of it is low quality but it depends on what material/process you use, they can copy anything if you give it to them straight (then be prepared for a million headaches before they get it right)
    RobbieWebs likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    brilliant vid!

if I had specced red too, then I would most likely have gone with the red interior. looks the best on a red car I think!
    Yes you may be right. I originally went with Misano but then changed to glacier, still loved the red interior though so stuck with it. Gives it a sporty feel and I'm just bored with black. I'm build wk 17 so a while to wait yet!
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

2nd Gear

Status
    For those who obsess over having a clean car, I've just finished cleaning my chrome exhaust tips. I recommend getting some Autosol Liquid Chrome Cleaner (bought a bottle from ebay - cheap) and some 0000 ultra fine grade steel wool.

I cleaned the tips with Autosol product and cleaned the inner part with the steel wool and some Autosol.

The result is perfectly clean quad exhaust pipes .
    J6YAK, PilotAudi and RobbieWebs like this.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

Status
    Today we were heading out of London on the A4 and I thought I'd pop in to West London Audi given that they are such a large dealer. Wondered what '14 plates would be kicking about and whether there would be any new S3's awaiting 01 March collection.

First one I found was a black / black edition that was out in the car park

Next to that was a Daytona SB with different wheels on it. Not seen these myself in the flesh, not sure what I think of them so far

Inside the showroom on the second floor they had a rather nice white SB

And across from that they had a saloon (OK not an S3, but I haven't seen that many so far):

On the Mezzanine they had a used blue S3 '13 plate with open sky roof:

In case this is all in too good taste for you I did see this steering wheel in the Exclusive options showroom:

And finally as I left I saw a car that made me want to shred my new car order form:

An amazing dealership rammed full of Chelsea tractors (SQ5 / RSQ3), but there were no A7/S7/RS7, no S5 coupes, and no RS6's, so for all that floorspace there was a lot of repmobilia. If the S3's hadn't been there it would have been quite a dull visit really.
    Last edited by warren_S5; 23rd February 2014 at 13:56.

5th Gear

Status
    Could you tell which Black that S3 was? Looks like it has a hint of purple in it - Panther?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Nice photos. Horrid steering wheel. Don't like the wood they put in cars. Ok if it's really dark you can't see its wood. A bit of lacquered wood doesn't scream quality to me. Even if it is wallnut. So what it's wallnut. Makes it look like an old mans car

Also on my visit to Newcastle audi in Friday I saw an rs6 in estoril. The ambulance had to come to scrape my jaw off the floor !
    warren_S5 likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Could you tell which Black that S3 was? Looks like it has a hint of purple in it - Panther?
    Do you know I'm not really sure. The photos flatter it as I've upped the contrast a bit but it was absolutely filthy. I don't think it was (I've got a trained eye for Panther being an owner!).

3rd Gear

Status
    Lovely pictures.....loving the RS4 too!

Up at Bath Audi again this week and they now have five S3's waiting collection with 14 plates on. 3 monsoon, 1 Misano and 1 phantom black. Only the Misano was fully loaded with SS seats and the £400 anthracite alloys which I have never seen in the flesh.

Guessing maybe some of them were members car?
    warren_S5 likes this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

2nd Gear

Status
    Personally I think on the S3 you should get a choice of all the wheels as a no cost option.
    Pulp84 likes this.

Status
    Personally I think on the S3 you should get a choice of all the wheels as a no cost option.
    And the choice of the saloons 19" wheels as a cost option. Whoever decided you could only spec 18's needs professional help.
    S3 TRS likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Exactly.

2nd Gear

Status
    Anyone else find themselves following a3s just to look at what you're getting lol

Status
    I still find myself drawn to them as it was literally a done deal I was going for a 3rd S3 on the trot. Then I saw an S5 in the dealership and asked that bloody stupid question 'how much can I have one of those for'. It almost feels odd and my heads not prepared for the car change, I still feel like I'm waiting for an S3!