EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 138 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3888128131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145148 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,520 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    I think my dealer in Reading have a carpark under the showroom and its away from the floods
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Well mine has arrived at the dealer and going to get a quick look Friday whilst I sign all the paperwork ready for 1st March pickup

Not long now
    gilesf likes this.

2nd Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

All good news people bet you all can't wait!
    I'm expecting a mid march build up to now. However I think the weeks are flying by! Anyone else think time is going rather quickly since the new year? Or is it just me? (Ordered 28th dec) so wishful thinking perhaps lol

Neutral

Status
    It's D-Day for me! So excited!!
    warren_S5, Duds44 and Lmg like this.

5th Gear

Status
    I wish time was flying this week, I'm having a work week from hell.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    I think my dealer in Reading have a carpark under the showroom and its away from the floods
    I did test drive the manual at Reading but as they'd only do accompanied test drives, not a chance I was going to buy from them!
    warren_S5 likes this.
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 0B1001001 View Post
    I did test drive the manual at Reading but as they'd only do accompanied test drives, not a chance I was going to buy from them!
    It helps having the odd grey hair and knowing your dealer, but I was offered anything I wanted for an extended test drive w/o the dealer in tow.

If this is something you aspire to do in the future I recommend the following as it's worked for me:

1) Find a sales man you like or can get along with and start building a rapport with him (mine has been at same dealer for 18 years so it's clear he's not likely to go anywhere fast), we've known each other for 7 years
    2) Buy the car from him (may require an accompanied test drive in the beginning), then when you go back for service/warranty/parts ALWAYS go and talk to him about your car / life in general, keep him in the loop over time of your aspirations for your next purchase (building the rapport)
    3) Always keep your car looking mint every time you go to dealers; never go in with it looking shyte - shows you care for your personal possessions (building respect)
    4) This one is a bit wayward, but it obviously makes some sort of impression. My salesman is always impressed I don't kerb my wheels - to him this shows I'm careful / OCD and builds trust that I'm not a careless loon (building trust)
    5) By the time you go back for your second car you'll be largely allowed to take what you want as the relationship / trust is there. Helps having a clean driving license too.

He offered me new RS4/5 to try and has even said I can try out an R8 (which I cannot afford!). I said on this occasion I wouldn't take them as I would just feel let down by what I was buying (also shows restraint - I'm not just out for what I can get or abusing the privilege) but I'd say best day to book for an unassisted if you can get one is Sunday as they have limited bodies in the showroom.

Always take the car back as you found it, fuel topped up to where it was and on time or early and you'll probably never be offered an 'accompanied' test drive again.
    h5djr, gilesf and vakaviti like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    It helps having the odd grey hair and knowing your dealer, but I was offered anything I wanted for an extended test drive w/o the dealer in tow.

If this is something you aspire to do in the future I recommend the following as it's worked for me:

1) Find a sales man you like or can get along with and start building a rapport with him (mine has been at same dealer for 18 years so it's clear he's not likely to go anywhere fast), we've known each other for 7 years
    2) Buy the car from him (may require an accompanied test drive in the beginning), then when you go back for service/warranty/parts ALWAYS go and talk to him about your car / life in general, keep him in the loop over time of your aspirations for your next purchase (building the rapport)
    3) Always keep your car looking mint every time you go to dealers; never go in with it looking shyte - shows you care for your personal possessions (building respect)
    4) This one is a bit wayward, but it obviously makes some sort of impression. My salesman is always impressed I don't kerb my wheels - to him this shows I'm careful / OCD and builds trust that I'm not a careless loon (building trust)
    5) By the time you go back for your second car you'll be largely allowed to take what you want as the relationship / trust is there. Helps having a clean driving license too.

He offered me new RS4/5 to try and has even said I can try out an R8 (which I cannot afford!). I said on this occasion I wouldn't take them as I would just feel let down by what I was buying (also shows restraint - I'm not just out for what I can get or abusing the privilege) but I'd say best day to book for an unassisted if you can get one is Sunday as they have limited bodies in the showroom.

Always take the car back as you found it, fuel topped up to where it was and on time or early and you'll probably never be offered an 'accompanied' test drive again.
    Or, the quicker approach, go to another dealer down the road who treat people like actual potential customers and gave the car for the day without a problem... I've never been to either dealer before, so have zero history (don't currently own an Audi).

P.S. Last car I purchased (new) was my current Golf in 2001, so I'm not that regular at car dealers
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 0B1001001 View Post
    Or, the quicker approach, go to another dealer down the road who treat people like actual potential customers and gave the car for the day without a problem... I've never been to either dealer before, so have zero history (don't currently own an Audi).

P.S. Last car I purchased (new) was my current Golf in 2001, so I'm not that regular at car dealers
    I think some of it (whilst not right) will be ageist. When I got my first S3 no-one wanted to offer an unaccompanied drive (I was 33 with 5 yrs NCB and ready to place a deposit). All dealers tried were M40/M4 corridor. I've known people who've purchased from other brands (e.g. Lexus) who've been handed a car for a weekend without any quibble so I'm not sure why some Audi dealers are so tight. Porsche are the same, at nearly 40 I couldn't get an unassisted from them. The above may help IF people aren't prepared to travel much.

1st Gear

Status
    I think some of it (whilst not right) will be ageist. When I got my first S3 no-one wanted to offer an unaccompanied drive (I was 33 with 5 yrs NCB and ready to place a deposit). All dealers tried were M40/M4 corridor. I've known people who've purchased from other brands (e.g. Lexus) who've been handed a car for a weekend without any quibble so I'm not sure why some Audi dealers are so tight. Porsche are the same, at nearly 40 I couldn't get an unassisted from them. The above may help IF people aren't prepared to travel much.
    I think I can remember being 33
    warren_S5 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I agree with Warren - it's all about rapport and trust.

I knew within the first 5 mins that Sam at Derby was my kind of no BS salesman, young like me and a real petrol head.

Their s3 demo was his co car too so he really knew everything about it.

We've had unassisted drives no problem.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    I went into wearside audi when I was 25 and was enquiring about the a6 avant Le Mans edition. I say down with the dealer (didn't know me from Adam) and said do I get a discount for paying cash? I got the car for the day no accompanied drive. Just brought it back and said I was driving a few cars.
    Had no intention of buying it at all! All it cost me was £10 in fuel for the day.

1st Gear

Status
    I have too little time to waste on dealers like Reading, so just took my business elsewhere. I'm old enough that they should realise I'm not mucking about, if they so stupid that they cannot see that, they'll lose business (as demonstrated by my lack of a purchase!).

When I got my Golf many moons ago, I was given an unaccompanied test drive, no questions. Even though I went to the dealer with two of my mates from work during a lunch break!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Thanks for the tip Pilot. Got insurance sorted for £275 with John Lewis (obviously I must be younger than you!)

Also got GAP+ sorted with ALA - 4 years cover for £232 :-)

Just need the car now...... :-D

Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    As mentioned in my PM Sue... John Lewis Insurance (through Highway) No Tracker required. LV were cheaper but require a tracker.

10,000 miles a year self and other half. Comprehensive with Business use. Legal cover, courtesy car, 90 days foreign use, protected bonus... I have taken out Excess Insurance on the £500 excess and the cost is £248 a year (including £22 excess insurance!). Bargain I reckon!
    PilotAudi likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    My dealers have always been quite good with test drives

The original salesman I used to deal with was excellent, even let me take an R8 out with my friend who does work there but not a salesman - Again good rapport and he knows I look after my vehicles

I've had 5 Audi's off of them and the only reason I couldn't test the S3 unaccompanied was because it wasn't registered and you need a staff member if on trade plates - She was very good though, even to the point of taking us on one of her test routes and saying you can really give it some down here (hats off to her for that)

2nd Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    My dealers have always been quite good with test drives

The original salesman I used to deal with was excellent, even let me take an R8 out with my friend who does work there but not a salesman - Again good rapport and he knows I look after my vehicles

I've had 5 Audi's off of them and the only reason I couldn't test the S3 unaccompanied was because it wasn't registered and you need a staff member if on trade plates - She was very good though, even to the point of taking us on one of her test routes and saying you can really give it some down here (hats off to her for that)
    Hah I got an accompanied test drive of the s3 again on trade plates as wasn't registered but when I was asking about the car she knew absolutely nothing. Not a good start. Didn't know what bhp even. That's one of the first things you should know about the car!

Know it's the same dealer but went to Newcastle audi instead on recommendation from Zig81 and did a deal with Ben Hynes.

Wearside audi are so crap I would rather drive to Newcastle for a bottle of washer fluid or a pair of wipers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I agree with Warren - it's all about rapport and trust.

I knew within the first 5 mins that Sam at Derby was my kind of no BS salesman, young like me and a real petrol head.

Their s3 demo was his co car too so he really knew everything about it.

We've had unassisted drives no problem.
    I also agree. I have purchased all my eight A3s from the same salesman (Lee Stubbings) at the same dealer (Huntingdon Audi). The first was in 1998. Before that I had also purchased nine other Audi's /VW's from another branch of the same dealer so I actual been buying from them since 1976. I have always been to other dealers as well but they have never beaten the deal Lee has offered.

I can go and see Lee any time and ask for a drive in any Audi and I always get offered an unaccompanied drive for at least the day. I mentioned once before that my wife, who also purchased her A1 from Lee, had bought me a fridge magnet for my birthday which read "Keep Calm and Dream of an Audi R8" and he said "If you want to drive an R8, just let me know" We both regard him now as a friend. He also knows without being asked that I don't like number plate surrounds or the 'Vindis' badge or dealer stickers in my new car.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    the only reason I couldn't test the S3 unaccompanied was because it wasn't registered and you need a staff member if on trade plates
    Maybe if it's unregistered you do, but I had an S5 for the day that was a 13 plate (but had no tax as it was for sale on dealer forecourt). I was able to take this car on a 120 mile round trip of a regular journey I make to ensure the car was what I needed (unassisted). If the car had not been registered it may have been a different story though.

Last edited by warren_S5; 13th February 2014 at 10:34.
    Scott and Snake Pliskin like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Or they were just giving me BS - Wouldn't have thought so though as she let me go out in a Q3 first on our own and the sales controller did say as the sales lady was busy when we got back with the Q3, let's see if it's been registered on our system and if I'll get plates made up and you can take it out on your own (alas that wasn't the case)

Like you say must be something to do with unregistered vehicles rather than dealer stock etc
    Last edited by Sparks43; 13th February 2014 at 10:44.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    All good news people bet you all can't wait!
    I'm expecting a mid march build up to now. However I think the weeks are flying by! Anyone else think time is going rather quickly since the new year? Or is it just me? (Ordered 28th dec) so wishful thinking perhaps lol
    Yes I agree. I actually ordered beginnig of Dec for a wk 19 build, has come fwd to wk 17 already and what seemed like a hideously long wait is getting a tad closer now - Jan and Feb have flown by!! Is yours a 3 door by any chance? Many of us 5 door bod's are waiting close to 6 months.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Yes I agree. I actually ordered beginnig of Dec for a wk 19 build, has come fwd to wk 17 already and what seemed like a hideously long wait is getting a tad closer now - Jan and Feb have flown by!! Is yours a 3 door by any chance? Many of us 5 door bod's are waiting close to 6 months.
    wow - that's a long time. I ordered S3 SB on 4th Jan, build week is now 12.

4th Gear

Status
    Maybe if it's unregistered you do, but I had an S5 for the day that was a 13 plate (but had no tax as it was for sale on dealer forecourt). I was able to take this car on a 120 mile round trip of a regular journey I make to ensure the car was what I needed (unassisted). If the car had not been registered it may have been a different story though.

Awesome car there you got to demo mate - and an amazing colour

I had a similar experience to you -and have also known my Dealer / salesman for several years and bought two previous Audi's from them.

When looking at an S5 myself last year, they did not have a demo but had a brand new unregistered one in the showroom ... to my amazement they let me take out the showroom car on trade plates for a drive. I did not suggest this as thought no way that wouldbe possible, but hell yeah not a problem.

Great service when you are looked after like this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Banned

Status
    Why not my first S3 SB Test drive was in an Unregistered, delivery miles on clock, one in the showroom.. Trade plates. Glad I didn't buy that one as initial running in was a little harsh!!
    warren_S5 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    My s3 is in tomorrow for a recall, some kind of software problem. Anyone know what it's for?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylock View Post
    My s3 is in tomorrow for a recall, some kind of software problem. Anyone know what it's for?
    No but please ask them for more info. Did they contact you?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vakaviti View Post
    Well finally got her tinted...looks so much better now.
    5% on the rears and 18% up the front

How did you get red calipers?? Look amazing!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    No but please ask them for more info. Did they contact you?
    Yes they phoned me, I'll ask if I can. The car is being picked up and dropped off so I'm not actually going to be there. I'll ring them if not.
    They did say stronic only so must be something to do with the gearbox.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    No it's a SportBack too. 3 doors aren't practical for me anymore. Well they never were in the first place. Just preferred the look of the 3 doors. But on the 8V S3 I prefer the SB.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyma89 View Post
    Australia bud. Aparrantly different world regions get different options for sone reason. Plus "Europe" gets a proper aluminium sports gear knob as an option if you have manual.

Apparently the UK is not in Europe tho.....
    PilotAudi, Ziggyma89 and vakaviti like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Australia bud. Aparrantly different world regions get different options for sone reason. Plus "Europe" gets a proper aluminium sports gear knob as an option if you have manual.

I believe we in Aus get the aluminium gear knob as well... Will find out next week, in any case
    vakaviti likes this.

Status
    Yes they phoned me, I'll ask if I can. The car is being picked up and dropped off so I'm not actually going to be there. I'll ring them if not.
    They did say stronic only so must be something to do with the gearbox.
    There is an S-Tronic worldwide recall to change the gearbox oil fr synthetic to mineral oil as in some countries there have been power loss issues with the synthetic oil. There is a sticky about it in the General section. Anyone with a DSG / STronic engine pre Jan 2014 will eventually be recalled.

Neutral

Status

Gutted! The calipers make such a huge difference

5th Gear

Status
    Also very annoying when you see that the new S1 will have red callipers as an option too.
    PilotAudi likes this.

1st Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

There is an S-Tronic worldwide recall to change the gearbox oil fr synthetic to mineral oil as in some countries there have been power loss issues with the synthetic oil. There is a sticky about it in the General section. Anyone with a DSG / STronic engine pre Jan 2014 will eventually be recalled.
    Guess that's what it then, cheers buddy

Edit: just looked at that says it's for the 7 speed box?

Status
    Guess that's what it then, cheers buddy

Edit: just looked at that says it's for the 7 speed box?
    Oh yes, forgot the S3 had 6spd, maybe it's a software update.

1st Gear

Status
    Oh yes, forgot the S3 had 6spd, maybe it's a software update.
    That's my guess, anything more than that I'm sure it would be on here.

I was one of the first to get the s3 back in August before official release so maybe an update was released afterwards.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyma89 View Post
    Sorry mate just saw this as the others guy im in Australia they come standard on the S3 along with a bit of other kit.
    Move over! haha
    2014 S3 8V | Phantom Black | S-Tronic | Black Styling Package | LED headlights | Super Sports Seats | B&O Sound | Magnetic Ride Suspension | Red Brakes Calipers | Interior Light Package | Assistance Package |

2nd Gear

Status
    Thought it was around 10k more there tho?

Neutral

Status
    10k more for the S3 in australia? You can pick them up for 70K AUD or under so thats around 37K GBP
    2014 S3 8V | Phantom Black | S-Tronic | Black Styling Package | LED headlights | Super Sports Seats | B&O Sound | Magnetic Ride Suspension | Red Brakes Calipers | Interior Light Package | Assistance Package |

2nd Gear

Status
    Is that what they start at?
    S3 (3 door ) £30,640
    S3 SportBack £31,260
    S3 Saloon £33,240

Seems a logical jump up from S3 to S3 SportBack but an extra £1980 premium just for saloon seems silly. Not just the cost difference from 18" to 19" either! Unless I'm missing something?