2013 Audi S3

Bleeds off what's your thoughts on the led headlights ?

Love them! Think they are awesome! so bright and look fantastic on the car. To be honest tho I never had Xenon lights just straight from halogens to LED's!

Reactions: Q5 TRS and the_lecht_rocks
Hum should I change my colour to this...?

View attachment 27018

There's only one car that should be yellow!

Lamborghini gallardo spyder yellow 4

Reactions: StefRobinson and Cumbrian_bob
Or find another dealer if you want it quicker. Bigger dealers pre book slots or just order cars for stock which they can alter to your spec.

Mine was at the dealer in dealer in 13 weeks from date of order.

or get your dealer to find a car being built that may have been cancelled and being built or just built - does happen - you might be able to buy it with a decent discount as the dealer that place the order may already have a customer deposit.

This way you may get a new car quicker but you wont have any say in the spec - however you find one with the spec you want anyway - hope that makes sense lol!!

Love them! Think they are awesome! so bright and look fantastic on the car. To be honest tho I never had Xenon lights just straight from halogens to LED's!

I've had xenons for the past 10 years and wouldn't go back to halogen. Nice the S3 comes as standard with xenons now. I've ordered LED though. First option ticked for me. Some may say I'm obsessed......

It's about right I'm afraid - ordered mine last week of September and was quoted build week 9 end of March delivery - it did come in to build week 5 last week and is now waiting shipping so hopefully 1st March pickup
Now

im hoping for 1st march - ordered oct 18th and started at week 9, then 12 and back to 6, now built and at status 30 which means its on its way from the factory to the port - could be there now

my dealer said it could possibly arrive in time for 1st march but its gonna be tight

woohoo cant wait!!

ill be the same

first audi

first auto ive owned (though ive driven auto hire cars)

Interesting... I'm also coming from a MK5 GTI and one of the main reasons I don't want the MK7 R (it will be about 5-10k AUD cheaper than the S3 down under) is the interior. It looks so similar to my car even though it is ~8 years newer!

The S3 looks beautiful inside by comparison!

agreed I think that was a big mistake by vw to go retro with the interior - it just didn't work for me. if im paying £30+ for a car I don't want something that looks like part of it came from the 1980s, plus my 1984 m2 golf gti had a similar interior to the mk7, well similarish!!

Reactions: Anarch
im hoping for 1st march - ordered oct 18th and started at week 9, then 12 and back to 6, now built and at status 30 which means its on its way from the factory to the port - could be there now

my dealer said it could possibly arrive in time for 1st march but its gonna be tight

woohoo cant wait!!

Let's hope it's ready for you as well - shouldn't be tight really only takes 24 hours to ship and even allowing 2 weeks for shipping and transporting from docks to dealer etc that would still leave nearly 10 days give or take to prep

Last edited:
Reactions: Anarch
Let's hopes it's ready for you as well - shouldn't be tight really only takes 24 hours to ship and even allowing 2 weeks for shipping and transporting from docks to dealer etc that would still leave nearly 10 days give or take to prep

yeh I hope. Ill probably wait till march 1st anyway if its a few days. if it comes next week....hmm...I might still wait but the temptation...lol

I've had xenons for the past 10 years and wouldn't go back to halogen. Nice the S3 comes as standard with xenons now. I've ordered LED though. First option ticked for me. Some may say I'm obsessed......

You will not regret the LEDs.
They are simply brilliant!

Anyone here know the brake pad size for the S3? Is it the same as on the 8P? I'm on the hunt for a set of ceramic pads. JDL, Ferodo, Akebono....

yeh I hope. Ill probably wait till march 1st anyway if its a few days. if it comes next week....hmm...I might still wait but the temptation...lol

I'll definitely wait until 1st March now taken this long another week or so isnt going to hurt and saves them rushing the pdi hopefully

Might have been different if arrived earlier as would be sitting in their yard

I'll definitely wait until 1st March now taken this long another week or so isnt going to hurt and saves them rushing the pdi hopefully

Might have been different if arrived earlier as would be sitting in their yard

Picking mine up tonight. But then I've been waiting since June last year :)

Reactions: Joetidman, Lmg, Louay and 2 others
DSCF4961
Arrived!!! Just a couple of days waiting game (papers, plates)

Reactions: Joetidman and Lmg
Well... ours arrived at the dealer while we were there on Tuesday.. Looking at all the protection on the roof no worries about bird droppings.

523 hours to go!

Reactions: Kempysue, bleedsoff, Joetidman and 4 others
Just got an e-mail saying mine has entered the Production Phase and I cant make ammendments to my order (not that i did anyway), starting to feel a lot closer now!

No one replied on this, any ideas? I notice that the Golf R is touting that it can turn ESP off completely, the same on the S3?

2 stage actions on the ESP switch.

1 brief press disables ASR/TC, and puts it into a more forgiving "sport mode" so you can do some lairy tail out driving, but the safety net of the ESC is still there to catch you if you totally overcook it

A press of 3 seconds or longer will switch off ASR/TC, and the ESC programme completely.

(What is uncertain at the moment, is there is some ambiguity if the system will re-enable ESC if you slam the brakes on whilst the car is out of control (eg: spinning, yaw sensor & steering angle sensor wildly different) - some seem to think it will re-enable ESC in this "emergency", some don't. There isn't enough snow on the ground at the moment to test this out)

Reactions: vakaviti and Joetidman
2 stage actions on the ESP switch.

1 brief press disables ASR/TC, and puts it into a more forgiving "sport mode" so you can do some lairy tail out driving, but the safety net of the ESC is still there to catch you if you totally overcook it

A press of 3 seconds or longer will switch off ASR/TC, and the ESC programme completely.

(What is uncertain at the moment, is there is some ambiguity if the system will re-enable ESC if you slam the brakes on whilst the car is out of control (eg: spinning, yaw sensor & steering angle sensor wildly different) - some seem to think it will re-enable ESC in this "emergency", some don't. There isn't enough snow on the ground at the moment to test this out)

That's great to know thanks for that!

By the way talking about S3 vs Golf R, take a look at this 2014 Audi S3 vs VW Golf R Exhaust Sound Battle [Video]

Well... ours arrived at the dealer while we were there on Tuesday.. Looking at all the protection on the roof no worries about bird droppings.

523 hours to go!

[/URL]

Snap :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 589
Reactions: Lmg, J6YAK and Joetidman
Glad to see Kenny... Proper Phantom Black like our 5/6/7 and 3 s

Cheers!!

Reactions: Itguy and kenny_boon
Picked her up yesterday and the car is a beast!!!

Phantom Black
S Tronic
S Performance Pack - LED Lights, Super Sports Seats, Magnetic Ride, B&O Sound
Black Styling pack

First mod planned - window tint

Not the best pics ill take some better ones soon.
Love ittttt cant wipe the grin everytime i drive it.

NBy2itn.jpg

trz6669.jpg

a3wINaC.jpg

19a59g0.jpg

Reactions: Flebaz, ~RS~, stetheo and 6 others
Looking good mate!!

I must admit it really suits black with black pack and those red callipers really stand out.......nice!

Reactions: Q5 TRS and vakaviti
Looking good mate!!

I must admit it really suits black with black pack and those red callipers really stand out.......nice!

Thanks mate! Loving it so far no complaints...about to take it for a dart now haha

Phantom Black
S Tronic
Black Styling pack

a3wINaC.jpg

That looks awesome mate! I'll say it again but Black with black pack really goes well together. Liking the hint of performance with the S3 badges and red callipers too. Mean stealth machine!!

Enjoy it buddy!!

Reactions: vakaviti
I love the look of that, do they not offer factory tints over there?

Tints and Quattro sticker in the rear window, jobs a goodun.

Very stealthy

Reactions: vakaviti
I love the look of that, do they not offer factory tints over there?

Tints and Quattro sticker in the rear window, jobs a goodun.

Very stealthy

Hey mate yeah they offer to tint the car pre delivery but try to bleed you dry for it...quoted me $590AUD to put darkest legal tint on the car. I said dont worry as I have a mate who does tints if not ill take it to a garage and have it done for the half the price.

Looking forward to some other mods coming though keeping a keen eye on that.

Phantom Black
S Tronic
Black Styling pack

NBy2itn.jpg

trz6669.jpg

a3wINaC.jpg

19a59g0.jpg

Gorgeous; the best colour combo on an s3 ;-)

Reactions: PilotAudi and vakaviti

Phantom Black
S Tronic
Black Styling pack

NBy2itn.jpg

trz6669.jpg

a3wINaC.jpg

19a59g0.jpg

These pics nail the discussion over Panther v Phantom.
Phantom so much the better black!

Reactions: SAMurray, vakaviti, Ecosphere and 1 other person
Here's a pic of my S3 with its new reg on.

Sure it will cause some palpitations amongst those with feelings of hatred towards numbers and letters, but I like it.
Like the car too. Washed and dried and tucked away into the garage for this coming week though, going to use my other car as it needs a run.

Reactions: vakaviti, SAMurray, Scotty2011 and 2 others