Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 136 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143146 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,440 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Same here.
    And here
    Louay likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks like they didn't a good job on it!

I still can't decide whether I like estoril blue. In bright light it looks great, but soon as it's in some shade it looks dull and boring.
    Using Tapatalk

1st Gear

Status
    That's my car lol!!!
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

3rd Gear

Status
    Bleeds off what's your thoughts on the led headlights ?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Bleeds off what's your thoughts on the led headlights ?
    Love them! Think they are awesome! so bright and look fantastic on the car. To be honest tho I never had Xenon lights just straight from halogens to LED's!
    S3 TRS and the_lecht_rocks like this.
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Hum should I change my colour to this...?

Attachment 27018
    There's only one car that should be yellow!

lamborghini-gallardo-spyder-yellow 4.jpg
    Cumbrian_bob and StefRobinson like this.

Reverse Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by ConS3 View Post
    There's only one car that should be yellow!

lamborghini-gallardo-spyder-yellow 4.jpg
    Pfftt! Hotrods had those colours before Lamborghini's
    Using Tapatalk

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Or find another dealer if you want it quicker. Bigger dealers pre book slots or just order cars for stock which they can alter to your spec.

Mine was at the dealer in dealer in 13 weeks from date of order.
    or get your dealer to find a car being built that may have been cancelled and being built or just built - does happen - you might be able to buy it with a decent discount as the dealer that place the order may already have a customer deposit.

This way you may get a new car quicker but you wont have any say in the spec - however you find one with the spec you want anyway - hope that makes sense lol!!
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Love them! Think they are awesome! so bright and look fantastic on the car. To be honest tho I never had Xenon lights just straight from halogens to LED's!
    I've had xenons for the past 10 years and wouldn't go back to halogen. Nice the S3 comes as standard with xenons now. I've ordered LED though. First option ticked for me. Some may say I'm obsessed......

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    It's about right I'm afraid - ordered mine last week of September and was quoted build week 9 end of March delivery - it did come in to build week 5 last week and is now waiting shipping so hopefully 1st March pickup
    Now
    im hoping for 1st march - ordered oct 18th and started at week 9, then 12 and back to 6, now built and at status 30 which means its on its way from the factory to the port - could be there now

my dealer said it could possibly arrive in time for 1st march but its gonna be tight

woohoo cant wait!!
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    ill be the same

first audi

first auto ive owned (though ive driven auto hire cars)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstama View Post
    Interesting... I'm also coming from a MK5 GTI and one of the main reasons I don't want the MK7 R (it will be about 5-10k AUD cheaper than the S3 down under) is the interior. It looks so similar to my car even though it is ~8 years newer!

The S3 looks beautiful inside by comparison!
    agreed I think that was a big mistake by vw to go retro with the interior - it just didn't work for me. if im paying £30+ for a car I don't want something that looks like part of it came from the 1980s, plus my 1984 m2 golf gti had a similar interior to the mk7, well similarish!!
    Anarch likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    im hoping for 1st march - ordered oct 18th and started at week 9, then 12 and back to 6, now built and at status 30 which means its on its way from the factory to the port - could be there now

my dealer said it could possibly arrive in time for 1st march but its gonna be tight

woohoo cant wait!!
    Let's hope it's ready for you as well - shouldn't be tight really only takes 24 hours to ship and even allowing 2 weeks for shipping and transporting from docks to dealer etc that would still leave nearly 10 days give or take to prep
    Last edited by Sparks43; 7th February 2014 at 09:06.
    Anarch likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Let's hopes it's ready for you as well - shouldn't be tight really only takes 24 hours to ship and even allowing 2 weeks for shipping and transporting from docks to dealer etc that would still leave nearly 10 days give or take to prep
    yeh I hope. Ill probably wait till march 1st anyway if its a few days. if it comes next week....hmm...I might still wait but the temptation...lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    I've had xenons for the past 10 years and wouldn't go back to halogen. Nice the S3 comes as standard with xenons now. I've ordered LED though. First option ticked for me. Some may say I'm obsessed......
    You will not regret the LEDs.
    They are simply brilliant!
    Using Tapatalk

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi guys.
    I started a new blog and the first few stories will be detailed review on Audi S3 8V. I dont have a great talent in writing but it may give you some more info on the vehicle.

http://jylsplayground.blogspot.com.au
    Lmg and vakaviti like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi guys.
    I started a new blog and the first few stories will be detailed review on Audi S3 8V. I dont have a great talent in writing but it may give you some more info on the vehicle.

http://jylsplayground.blogspot.com.au
    vakaviti likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone here know the brake pad size for the S3? Is it the same as on the 8P? I'm on the hunt for a set of ceramic pads. JDL, Ferodo, Akebono....

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    yeh I hope. Ill probably wait till march 1st anyway if its a few days. if it comes next week....hmm...I might still wait but the temptation...lol
    I'll definitely wait until 1st March now taken this long another week or so isnt going to hurt and saves them rushing the pdi hopefully

Might have been different if arrived earlier as would be sitting in their yard

RRB
    Reverse Gear

Status
    I'll definitely wait until 1st March now taken this long another week or so isnt going to hurt and saves them rushing the pdi hopefully

Might have been different if arrived earlier as would be sitting in their yard
    Picking mine up tonight. But then I've been waiting since June last year
    Louay, bleedsoff, Lmg and 2 others like this.

Neutral

Status
    DSCF4961.jpg
    Arrived!!! Just a couple of days waiting game (papers, plates)
    Lmg and Joetidman like this.

Banned

Status
    Well... ours arrived at the dealer while we were there on Tuesday.. Looking at all the protection on the roof no worries about bird droppings.

523 hours to go!

bleedsoff, Lmg, Kempysue and 4 others like this.

Neutral

Status
    Just got an e-mail saying mine has entered the Production Phase and I cant make ammendments to my order (not that i did anyway), starting to feel a lot closer now!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    No one replied on this, any ideas? I notice that the Golf R is touting that it can turn ESP off completely, the same on the S3?
    2 stage actions on the ESP switch.

1 brief press disables ASR/TC, and puts it into a more forgiving "sport mode" so you can do some lairy tail out driving, but the safety net of the ESC is still there to catch you if you totally overcook it

A press of 3 seconds or longer will switch off ASR/TC, and the ESC programme completely.

(What is uncertain at the moment, is there is some ambiguity if the system will re-enable ESC if you slam the brakes on whilst the car is out of control (eg: spinning, yaw sensor & steering angle sensor wildly different) - some seem to think it will re-enable ESC in this "emergency", some don't. There isn't enough snow on the ground at the moment to test this out)
    Joetidman and vakaviti like this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

5th Gear

Status
    Almost looks like Panther Black in that photo Pilot
    Y26 AUG likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Banned

Status
    Almost looks like Panther Black in that photo Pilot
    Looks nice and Black doesn't it Mr IT!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    2 stage actions on the ESP switch.

1 brief press disables ASR/TC, and puts it into a more forgiving "sport mode" so you can do some lairy tail out driving, but the safety net of the ESC is still there to catch you if you totally overcook it

A press of 3 seconds or longer will switch off ASR/TC, and the ESC programme completely.

(What is uncertain at the moment, is there is some ambiguity if the system will re-enable ESC if you slam the brakes on whilst the car is out of control (eg: spinning, yaw sensor & steering angle sensor wildly different) - some seem to think it will re-enable ESC in this "emergency", some don't. There isn't enough snow on the ground at the moment to test this out)
    That's great to know thanks for that!

By the way talking about S3 vs Golf R, take a look at this 2014 Audi S3 vs VW Golf R Exhaust Sound Battle [Video]
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Well... ours arrived at the dealer while we were there on Tuesday.. Looking at all the protection on the roof no worries about bird droppings.

523 hours to go!

[/URL]
    Snap
    Attached Images Attached Images
    J6YAK, Lmg and Joetidman like this.

Banned

Status
    Glad to see Kenny... Proper Phantom Black like our 5/6/7 and 3 s

Cheers!!
    kenny_boon and Itguy like this.

Neutral

Status
    Picked her up yesterday and the car is a beast!!!

Phantom Black
    S Tronic
    S Performance Pack - LED Lights, Super Sports Seats, Magnetic Ride, B&O Sound
    Black Styling pack

First mod planned - window tint

Not the best pics ill take some better ones soon.
    Love ittttt cant wipe the grin everytime i drive it.

warren_S5, ~RS~, J6YAK and 6 others like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good mate!!

I must admit it really suits black with black pack and those red callipers really stand out.......nice!
    S3 TRS and vakaviti like this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    Looking good mate!!

I must admit it really suits black with black pack and those red callipers really stand out.......nice!
    Thanks mate! Loving it so far no complaints...about to take it for a dart now haha

2nd Gear

Status

2013 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by vakaviti View Post

Phantom Black
    S Tronic
    Black Styling pack

That looks awesome mate! I'll say it again but Black with black pack really goes well together. Liking the hint of performance with the S3 badges and red callipers too. Mean stealth machine!!

Enjoy it buddy!!
    vakaviti likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I love the look of that, do they not offer factory tints over there?

Tints and Quattro sticker in the rear window, jobs a goodun.

Very stealthy
    vakaviti likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    I love the look of that, do they not offer factory tints over there?

Tints and Quattro sticker in the rear window, jobs a goodun.

Very stealthy
    Hey mate yeah they offer to tint the car pre delivery but try to bleed you dry for it...quoted me $590AUD to put darkest legal tint on the car. I said dont worry as I have a mate who does tints if not ill take it to a garage and have it done for the half the price.

Looking forward to some other mods coming though keeping a keen eye on that.

Status

Phantom Black
    S Tronic
    Black Styling pack

Gorgeous; the best colour combo on an s3 ;-)
    PilotAudi and vakaviti like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status

Phantom Black
    S Tronic
    Black Styling pack

These pics nail the discussion over Panther v Phantom.
    Phantom so much the better black!

Banned

Status
    Can't see the pics

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Can't see the pics
    No luck Pilot, you need to see these it looks awesome!!
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

3rd Gear

Status

New reg on car.

Here's a pic of my S3 with its new reg on.

image.jpg

Sure it will cause some palpitations amongst those with feelings of hatred towards numbers and letters, but I like it.
    Like the car too. Washed and dried and tucked away into the garage for this coming week though, going to use my other car as it needs a run.
    J6YAK, gilesf, SAMurray and 2 others like this.