Chris NottEM Tuning
Page 135 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3585125128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142145 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,400 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacemads3 View Post
    Been told today that my build week is 21. My dealer then predicted my car should arrive June. That will be a 6 month wait then from ordering. Pretty slow that, I'm somewhat disappointed as I was hoping for April/may. It's almost going to be time for new plates and I'm a little bothered about the knock on effect to re sale value
    It's about right I'm afraid - ordered mine last week of September and was quoted build week 9 end of March delivery - it did come in to build week 5 last week and is now waiting shipping so hopefully 1st March pickup
    Now

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I'd tell the dealer you want a build week so it arrives for September 1st, tell them you're away till mid august I'm sure the dealer will accommodate you the best they can

5th Gear

Status
    Or find another dealer if you want it quicker. Bigger dealers pre book slots or just order cars for stock which they can alter to your spec.

Mine was at the dealer in dealer in 13 weeks from date of order.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Or find another dealer if you want it quicker. Bigger dealers pre book slots or just order cars for stock which they can alter to your spec.

Mine was at the dealer in dealer in 13 weeks from date of order.

any pics yet ITGUY ?

5th Gear

Status
    I've only got the ones that were posted on here a few weeks ago. I might nip up to the dealer this weekend though. Collect 1st March.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Just got a call from dealer and my S3 just left factory in Germany. Is on his way to belgium by train. Have to wait max 2 weeks now...
    Sparks43 and titleist007 like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    Mine was like a thudding then rattle noise when you hit bumps. I thought it was because the roads are really bad around where I live but it even did it on motorways when you hit a bump. I also though it was the seatbelt adjuster but then kept it pressed and it didn't do it so it had to be from the door panel itself. It did it on both doors too (mine's a 3 door). It was really annoying but it's sorted now thank god. Get on to your dealer!!
    Any info on what they actually found with yours?

Iv got mine booked in for Friday with what sounds like exactly the same issue.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeboy09 View Post
    Any info on what they actually found with yours?

Iv got mine booked in for Friday with what sounds like exactly the same issue.
    Something in the doors and the seals needed a special lubrication apparently. It's all sorted now though. The start/stop was a wiring fault also sorted.

3rd Gear

Status
    Got a phone call earlier this week from the dealer saying they had been able to transfer my spec over to an earlier build slot for an S3 Saloon meaning it will now turn up in late march rather than late May woo hoo! Good news at last. Not all confirmed yet but nearly there, well chuffed
    Last edited by Joetidman; 5th February 2014 at 23:04.
    rams_s3, Duds44 and Itguy like this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

3rd Gear

Status
    Hum should I change my colour to this...?

image.jpg
    gilesf likes this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    A strange question maybe...anyone with an S3 taken the traction control off for some sporty driving? If so any difference made? Does it switch completely off?
    No one replied on this, any ideas? I notice that the Golf R is touting that it can turn ESP off completely, the same on the S3?

2nd Gear

Status

image.jpg

Looks beaut tbh
    Joetidman likes this.

1st Gear

Status

image.jpg
    Do it, and call it Bumblebee!
    rams_s3, gilesf and Joetidman like this.

1st Gear

Status

image.jpg

NO!!!, the wasp is a better name though lol

2nd Gear

Status
    We're not getting answers for technical questions cause the ones that post here are mostly people waiting for their cars... Which i fully understand but it's a shame we're not getting any feedback or help from people whom, like us, have the car and are facing issues. Most people who got their cars don't bother coming back to this thread...
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    We're not getting answers for technical questions cause the ones that post here are mostly people waiting for their cars... Which i fully understand but it's a shame we're not getting any feedback or help from people whom, like us, have the car and are facing issues. Most people who got their cars don't bother coming back to this thread...
    I agree - I'm still waiting for mine but it would be helpful if people could post problems they may have had and any fixes that have been resolved
    Battlekrapz likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    There's a feedback topic but noone posts in it and it's
    fallen into the abyss...

Status
    No one replied on this, any ideas? I notice that the Golf R is touting that it can turn ESP off completely, the same on the S3?
    Not that I tried it obviously (because you wouldn't would you; dealer car and all that), but when I mistakenly hit the ESP button thinking I'd hit the rear window demister it certainly felt to me like there was still an electronic safety net (although it had much more margin for play than an 8P). It's certainly more generous than the old system.

It's not in Audi's philosophy to set you completely free, if you're wrapped around a tree you're unlikely to be a customer for life.
    Joetidman and boy1308 like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

2nd Gear

Status
    Now that some S3 owners have woken up .

Do you guys "feel" the road through your accelerator pedal? I've noticed that i do get feedback through the pedal, it's very faint and i wear thin sport shoes but it's noticeable. It's not necessarily a bad thing but do you get the same impression?

And the engine running on idle, do you find it does vibrate quite a bit? or it's just my imagination?

Reverse Gear

Status
    You can switch it off partially or completely. Its in the manual, which is in my car at the moment so can´t check the exact procedure, but anyway its something like "hold ESP button down for 10 seconds" or so to get it completely off. There is different symbol for that in display, was something like "ESCR" in yellow or so. If you just click the ESP button it goes partially off, but yes, you can take it out completely too.
    Ecosphere and Joetidman like this.

Status
    Now that some S3 owners have woken up .

Do you guys "feel" the road through your accelerator pedal? I've noticed that i do get feedback through the pedal, it's very faint and i wear thin sport shoes but it's noticeable. It's not necessarily a bad thing but do you get the same impression?

And the engine running on idle, do you find it does vibrate quite a bit? or it's just my imagination?
    When I drove it I was wearing thick Timberland walking boots so I have no recollection of noticing anything particular.

My immediate impressions after 7 years of S3 8P ownership were:

• * Steering - felt more connected than 8P, and a slightly better weight. Only criticism was the slightest vagueness as to where the limit of grip was, it doesn't transition with feel, You either have grip or it transitions immediately to understeer / loss of power
      * Gearbox - I only had access to S-Tronic so didn't get to try a manual to compare - felt very good, nice 'barp' between high rpm changes. Gearbox felt slick and quick.
      * Handling - in a different league to S3. Ride was more compliant, grip was far better in the corners, transition of power to rear wheels seemed quicker but more balanced; much easier to tip nose into apex, car feels lighter (and better) for the 100kg loss
      * Touch & feel - All the switchgear felt much more tactile (steering wheel rim thicker / buttons better / pedals felt better under your feet)
      * Braking - Didn't really push the brakes that hard TBH, they felt good with decent amount of servo assistance and some feel in the pedal, but hard to tell how resistant they'd be to fade given my drive
      * Likes - Pretty much everything to be honest; a fundamentally successful overhaul
      * Dislikes - Price. I specced on up at £42k with options I wanted. This pushed me over the edge so I went and bought an S5 instead. Only 18" wheel option on 3dr / SB versions - Audi wake up, it's 2014 not 2004.
    J6YAK and Ecosphere like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Awesome Feedback thanks

I've never personally driven an S3 8P but sounds like a massive improvement.

Just concerned for bits and bobs i find strange but without anyone to confirm if i'm paranoid .

Status
    Question for s3 folks, when you pop your bonnet open and run your engine at idle do you notice slight engine vibration? I mean to me it vibrates quite a bit for a petrol engine? Normal?
    This is not uncommon, but as the engine is so new it's hard to be categorical.

There are so many systems / compensations / parameters (and lets face it as 2.0 engines go it's quite highly strung) I would expect it not to be Lexus smooth. My old version sounds like a tappety diesel and isn't the smoothest (though in some part probably down to the shyte PCV system), so by comparison I found the new engine a vast improvement.
    Battlekrapz likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Lmg likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The dealer also gave me a list of reg marks to choose from, no great ones though!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sman View Post
    The dealer also gave me a list of reg marks to choose from, no great ones though!
    They are never great these days, dealers tend to end up with the crap DVLA know are worthless / next to useless for personal plates. All the ones at our dealer ended like WZC / WYF / WXX. Nothing close to memorable.

Car looks very nice sman.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    They are never great these days, dealers tend to end up with the crap DVLA know are worthless / next to useless for personal plates. All the ones at our dealer ended like WZC / WYF / WXX. Nothing close to memorable.

Car looks very nice sman.
    My dealer have stopped doing it - Although she said she will see what she can do as I've always been given a choice - Like you say never that brilliant and you have to choose quick becasue they are electronic now and holds up the department issuing the numbers whilst they wait for you to make a choice apparently

Usually get about a 15 minute time window

4th Gear

Status

That looks superb - but you will have to be mega careful with that interior - no denim jeans or trousers that can mark those seats.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    That looks superb - but you will have to be mega careful with that interior - no denim jeans or trousers that can mark those seats.
    Snake,

[thread hijack]

talking of light interiors and avoiding potential damage can you safely wear denim in the lunar silver S5 interior?

[/thread unhijacked, my apologies]

1st Gear

Status
    Brave seat choice!
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

Reverse Gear

Status
    Wanted something a bit different, fed up of dark interiors. Surely there's some stain resistance?

Reverse Gear

Status
    My private plate will be going on once I've sold my current car so not too bothered by the choice of reg. would've been nice to get my initials in there though.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Snake,

[thread hijack]

talking of light interiors and avoiding potential damage can you safely wear denim in the lunar silver S5 interior?

[/thread unhijacked, my apologies]

I can't comment specifically on the S5 lunar silver interior as I went for the all black option.
    Only reason for this though was that I had spectral silver seats on my TTS ...

As it is leather, it was absolutely fine for the 3 years I owned the car.
    Yes, there was some build up of colour transfer from clothes after a while, but it was easily cleaned off with leather cleaner or the like.
    So does not mark easily, is absolutely fine day to day, just an occasional wipe every few months is all that is needed.
    Would not hesitate to have it again .. and it does look great !

ps: I think the S3 light coloured seats pictured above in this thread are mostly alcantara, which may be bit harder than leather to clean, but don't quote me on that.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yep alcantara, I hope it's just as easy to clean!

Wanted something a bit different, fed up of dark interiors. Surely there's some stain resistance?
    I agree. My last three A3s have all had a light grey interior, cloth rather than leather. They always looked OK and any marks were very easy to clean off. Black gets just as dirty but doesn't show !
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep alcantara, I hope it's just as easy to clean!
    it would be with this:

Interior Coatings // G|Techniq

2nd Gear

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    it would be with this:

Interior Coatings // G|Techniq
    Cheers!

1st Gear

Status
    Dealer rang today, car built and now at the port awaiting shipment to UK!
    warren_S5, Joetidman and Sparks43 like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Same here.