Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 133 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3383123126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140143 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,320 of 6085
Like Tree3298Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by r500frs View Post
    So, an unexpected call yesterday afternoon and some quick work from Salisbury Audi today meant that I bought my new S3 home tonight....a quick photo below;

Attachment 26669

Nearly 200 miles on the clock now and its already filthy....hey ho, its there to be used

Rich
    Forgive my ignorance but is that amalfi or glacier?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wills_1990 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but is that amalfi or glacier?
    Its Glacier - it does look a little yellow in the photo compared with seeing it in the flesh

Neutral

Status
    Its Glacier - it does look a little yellow in the photo compared with seeing it in the flesh
    I was going to say looks slightly yellow... Lovely looking car though... Have fun!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wills_1990 View Post
    I was going to say looks slightly yellow... Lovely looking car though... Have fun!!!
    Thanks!

You can actually see the pearl fleck much more in this paint then the Misano in my opinion. It will look stunning on a bright day (if we ever get to see one again....)

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice indeed, enjoy! My glacier S3 is build wk 17, it's come fwd 2 weeks so far.
    Ordered: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, phone box, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

1st Gear

Status
    Three more weeks for mine! Also glacier white!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Awesome... I have ordered a Glacier White also... is that shine as is or do you have paint protection?

Cheers.

Neutral

Status
    So, an unexpected call yesterday afternoon and some quick work from Salisbury Audi today meant that I bought my new S3 home tonight....a quick photo below;

Attachment 26669

Nearly 200 miles on the clock now and its already filthy....hey ho, its there to be used

Rich
    Never really fancied white and I'm a 3 door man, but that looks absolutely brilliant... Very Very jealous

5th Gear

Status
    Lovely mate, very nice.

Only 697 hours until I get mine!
    PilotAudi and Sparks43 like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Lovely mate, very nice.

Only 697 hours until I get mine!
    694 hours and 58 minutes must get a countdown timer ;-)
    Sparks43 likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    694 hours and 58 minutes must get a countdown timer ;-)
    Same as you 1st March hopefully - However don't need a countdown timer I've got you

693 hours and 58 minutes if the timing of your post is correct
    Last edited by Sparks43; 31st January 2014 at 09:28.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Same as you 1st March hopefully - However don't need a countdown timer I've got you

693 hours and 58 minutes if the timing of your post is correct
    7am on 1 March is the plan. Ferry booked for 5 March ;-)
    Sparks43 likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    7am on 1 March is the plan. Ferry booked for 5 March ;-)
    Not sure I'll be that early

Knowing my dealer they probably won't even open earlier despite the 1st March being a saturday

3rd Gear

Status
    So an update on my rattly door and start/stop issue as it went to the main dealer on Wednesday.

The rattly door is a common problem apparently on Audi's, although the technician I took out for a test said mine was the worst he'd heard. The doors seals and internal parts in the door need a special lubrication apparently (hmm probably WD40!) and there is a fixpack from Audi. So if anyone else notices a rattle from the doors when hitting bumps (quite often on the UK's s**t roads) that could be the problem.

As for the start/stop I had a wiring fault hence it not working from day 1. It's all working again now and it's good as I only do a short journey to work. Hopefully it'll improve my 21mpg average!!

Nottingham Audi after sales is brilliant and I would highly recommend them if you're local. It took them a couple of days to fix it but at least I had a loan car for as long as I needed it. Oh and they even washed and vac'd it for me!

They've got a red S3 in the showroom with black styling pack which looks mega. After having loads of red cars in a row a few years ago I vowed I'd never have a red car again, but when the new RS3 comes out this might change!!
    J6YAK and thedooker like this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    So an update on my rattly door and start/stop issue as it went to the main dealer on Wednesday.

The rattly door is a common problem apparently on Audi's, although the technician I took out for a test said mine was the worst he'd heard. The doors seals and internal parts in the door need a special lubrication apparently (hmm probably WD40!) and there is a fixpack from Audi. So if anyone else notices a rattle from the doors when hitting bumps (quite often on the UK's s**t roads) that could be the problem.

As for the start/stop I had a wiring fault hence it not working from day 1. It's all working again now and it's good as I only do a short journey to work. Hopefully it'll improve my 21mpg average!!

Nottingham Audi after sales is brilliant and I would highly recommend them if you're local. It took them a couple of days to fix it but at least I had a loan car for as long as I needed it. Oh and they even washed and vac'd it for me!

They've got a red S3 in the showroom with black styling pack which looks mega. After having loads of red cars in a row a few years ago I vowed I'd never have a red car again, but when the new RS3 comes out this might change!!
    My passenger door has started to rattle, it stops when I put pressure on it. It's intermittent and extremely annoying, is this like the problem you had?

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine was like a thudding then rattle noise when you hit bumps. I thought it was because the roads are really bad around where I live but it even did it on motorways when you hit a bump. I also though it was the seatbelt adjuster but then kept it pressed and it didn't do it so it had to be from the door panel itself. It did it on both doors too (mine's a 3 door). It was really annoying but it's sorted now thank god. Get on to your dealer!!
    thedooker likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Hopefully they're feeding this information back to the factory and cars being built now won't have any issues. Too much to hope for perhaps!
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

5th Gear

Status
    689 hrs now! I spoke to Derby today and they're not having any kind of March 1 event or opening early, apparently they like to keep it low key. Must sort out a time...
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I can now say that audi have finally repaired my car, it was in fact the front right bearing that they had failed to change the first time i went there... Even though they had told me they changed it. My s3 alloy was also bent and caused huge vibrations to the steering and pedals so that was also changed.

Around 600 eur for a new s3 alloy and bearing cost was under guarantee cause they messed up.

My car drives like it used to and I'm a happy man.

i just drove it like i stole it to fetch wifey from airport and it goes like a bullet!!! Even bloody airport taxis got out of my way :/. It's a truelly fast car.
    lol
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Neutral

Status
    I'd not seen this s3 Stronic exhaust eye view and sound before, look how fast the road markers pass

Audi S3 Sportback 8V 2013 Sound der originalen Auspuffanlage - YouTube
    Lmg likes this.
    Delivered 1 March 2014, Estoril blue S3 Sportback STronic. B&O, Comfort, Aluminium rails, Interior Lights, Through load, lumbar, SD Sat Nav,TPM, Rev Mat.

3rd Gear

Status
    2014 VW Golf 7 R vs 2014 Audi S3 comparison - YouTube

good comparison. still think vag group are daft, why make 2 near identical cars
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    2014 VW Golf 7 R vs 2014 Audi S3 comparison - YouTube

good comparison. still think vag group are daft, why make 2 near identical cars
    Like the Golf's blue needles, otherwise...... I'd go with the S3. Golf lovers are a loyal sort, so they will stick with the VW.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

4th Gear

Status
    Long time no see, Warren

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Long time no see, Warren
    Don't ask, it's been the stuff of nightmares chap. Normal service should be resumed (fingers crossed). All good now.
    Louay and veeeight like this.

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Like the Golf's blue needles, otherwise...... I'd go with the S3. Golf lovers are a loyal sort, so they will stick with the VW.
    We've had about 15 Golfs so you're right there. Currently got a mk6 R but the Mk7 really isn't an attractive car (in our eyes) so we've ordered an S3 to replace it with. Can't say we won't go back if the Mk8 Golf is a nicer looking car but Audi interiors are so much nice than VW ones.
    Audi A5 Sportback Quattro 2.0TDI 177 S - tronic Black Edition
    Golf MK6 R -Wife's and Weekend Fun
    Golf Mk6 160 GT TSI, Golf MK5 R32, Golf Mk5 GTI, Golf MK4 Gti,
    Golf Mk3 VR6 (x2), Golf Mk2 Gti 8v (x3) Golf Mk2 16v (x2)
    Plus an Integrale, Porsche 911SC, E30 BMW M3 (x2), Renault Alpine GTA, Renault 5 Turbo (x3) Astra GTE (x2)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    I've got a golf mk5 gti.

I've ordered an S3 SB

Can't get away with the mk7 body styling. The R looks like a normal model where as the mk6 looked much more sporty.

Love the mk7 interior but am diss appointed with the exterior. And I hate the red stripe through the headlights on the gti!!

Plus the Mk7 R is more expensive. Not spending close to £40 for a golf!

1st Gear

Status
    On the passenger door rattle issue. My car has had it twice. Gone away both time but having read the last few posts it seems might be a feature of poor manufacturing process to me.

Think I need to take the car in. Just its one of those prblems that I know will not be there when I take the car in.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    S3 Limousine Phantom black.

foto 1.JPG

foto 2.JPG
    Lmg, Itguy and SlightlyYapper like this.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    On the passenger door rattle issue. My car has had it twice. Gone away both time but having read the last few posts it seems might be a feature of poor manufacturing process to me.

Think I need to take the car in. Just its one of those prblems that I know will not be there when I take the car in.
    Looking at your spec you have a fix already for an annoying rattle - B&O!

5th Gear

Status
    I am LOVING the look of that. God, I've not got my own s3 SB on my drive yet and I'm yearning after something else!

Wow. Stick panther black on it and it's a goodun.

Looks like a baby rs4!

Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post

foto 1.JPG

foto 2.JPG

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post

foto 1.JPG

foto 2.JPG
    I find the back boring compared to the Sportback. Glad i didn't wait for it.
    Louay and rams_s3 like this.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I find the back boring compared to the Sportback. Glad i didn't wait for it.
    I so nearly bought this in Panther as a change from a 3door (as I've had 2 on the bounce). I specced it up and it came to £42k. I just couldn't justify that for an S3 saloon so I decided to buy an S5 coupe for a few quid more and got a V6. Didn't really want a car that big, but the lack if discounts on the S3 makes it overpriced if you load it.

Status
    Went to test it a few weeks back (Sportback in Estoril). Was a brilliant car and a huge step up handling and engine wise from the aged 8P.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Louay, Silky-S3, veeeight and 1 others like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    A couple more quick pics after giving it a wash and polish / wax today;

IMG_0765[1].jpg
    IMG_0763[1].jpg

The Glacier paint really "pops" in the sunlight. It looked a different car yesterday with the heavy dark clouds - almost like Suzuka Grey

Rich
    RobbieWebs, Lmg and d8ean like this.

1st Gear

Status
    A couple more quick pics after giving it a wash and polish / wax today;

IMG_0765[1].jpg
    IMG_0763[1].jpg

The Glacier paint really "pops" in the sunlight. It looked a different car yesterday with the heavy dark clouds - almost like Suzuka Grey

Rich
    Love this car! I know I said before but looks so good in white!

Status
    The only thing I don't like about the new S3 is the door mirror shape. It's a small niggle but design-wise they just look clumsy. Everything else about the car is mint, but they look like an unwelcome return to the 8P2 dumbo mirrors.

That white looks stunning.
    Last edited by warren_S3; 2nd February 2014 at 22:11.

1st Gear

Status
    Those pics look ace!
    Can't wait for mine now....
    Anymore pics welcome
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

1st Gear

Status
    Going to call audi tomorrow to get an update and Change colour to monsoon from estoril.

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone seen some more s3's with after market wheels?
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

1st Gear

Status
    Are you sure you want to change from Estoril trs888??

Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass