EM TuningChris Nott
Page 130 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3080120123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137140 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,200 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    what oil are people using for top up please ?
    Castrol Edge.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    On older roads the tyres are pretty noisy.
    Newly or recently laid Tarmac is relatively quiet.
    Ok thanks, so no humming noise as far as you're concerned.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d8ean View Post
    Glacier for me, it will be kept nice and clean with my hEated jet wash
    I think the demo had served a hard life and didnt really stand out that well....
    Good choice. I switched from Misano to Glacier (build wk 18 currently) and am very happy with my choice. Not bothered about fashion at all, shows the lines well and looks great in different light, just ask Johnnyb how happy he is with his choice.
    d8ean likes this.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by rams_s3 View Post
    Audi gave me some shell helix stuff as I complained the usual top up bottle they put in the boot was missing, I'm sure they just sent someone to the petrol station for the cheapest litre they could get then posted me it! The wonderful huddersfield Audi for you!
    All my recent A3s have had a bottle of Shell Helix Ultra VX 5W-30 oil in the zipped container in the boot. This has a note on the bottle saying "Specially formulated for VW, Audi, Skoda and SEAT vehicles" This oil meats the requirements of VW oil specifications, 504.00 and 507.00 in the same way as Castrol Edge. The current A3/S3 Owner's Manual indicates that oil meeting VW 504.00 should be used for petrol engines and VW 507.00 for diesel engines.

When I have had my current 8P diesel serviced it shows that the same the Shell Helix Ultra VX oil has been used.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Don't you mean Shell Helix Ultra Extra?

Specifications and approvals

Because lubricants vary in quality, universal criteria are used to describe oil performance and usage. Shell Helix motor oils not only meet these increasingly demanding international specifications but usually surpass them. Shell Helix Ultra Extra exceeds these specifications:

BMW LL-04
    MB approval 229.51
    VW 504.00/507.00
    Porsche C30
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    Don't you mean Shell Helix Ultra Extra?

Specifications and approvals

Because lubricants vary in quality, universal criteria are used to describe oil performance and usage. Shell Helix motor oils not only meet these increasingly demanding international specifications but usually surpass them. Shell Helix Ultra Extra exceeds these specifications:

BMW LL-04
    MB approval 229.51
    VW 504.00/507.00
    Porsche C30
    No the bottle I've got just says Shell Helix Ultra VX. It does say on the bottle it complies with VW 504.00 and 507.00 but is was supplied with my car when it was new in March 2012 and I have never opened it. I already had a larger contained of Castrol Edge and on the odd occasion I've need to add any oil between services I've used oil from there.

I can only assume Shell have changed the name to Ultra Extra since then 2012.
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    No the bottle I've got just says Shell Helix Ultra VX. It does say on the bottle it complies with VW 504.00 and 507.00 but is was supplied with my car when it was new in March 2012 and I have never opened it. I already had a larger contained of Castrol Edge and on the odd occasion I've need to add any oil between services I've used oil from there.

I can only assume Shell have changed the name to Ultra Extra since then 2012.

Having just looked at the Shell website it seems that they have just changed the name to Ultra VX to Ultra Extra.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)

3rd Gear

Status
    i wonder what slop audi fill the sump with from the factory ?

i'll be emptying mine at 500 miles and slurping in some semi-synth for the first 6000 miles. then i'll probably continue to service myself anyways...

i wonder what slop audi fill the sump with from the factory ?

i'll be emptying mine at 500 miles and slurping in some semi-synth for the first 6000 miles. then i'll probably continue to service myself anyways...
    When I was on a factory visit a few years ago I was told they use Castrol Fully Synthetic oil that meets the 504.00 and 507.00 specifications designed to last until the first service on Long-Life at around 18-19k miles.

If you thing Audi are such a 'sloppy'' company why are you buying one of their cars?
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    I think 'slop' was slang for oil

3rd Gear

Status
    Fully synth in a new engine may explain the high consumption figures. Sounds like Audi are finding a cheap solution to their long life service intervals ......

Neutral

Status
    My car has been built 2 weeks ago and has been sitting in Emden for 10 days now. Any one else in the same situation??
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2011 View Post
    My car has been built 2 weeks ago and has been sitting in Emden for 10 days now. Any one else in the same situation??
    How do you track the status of car?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by darzifa View Post
    How do you track the status of car?
    I just got off the phone to the dealer 10 mins ago. He did mention the system might have not been updated but more likely its still sitting in port awaiting shipment.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

RRB
    Reverse Gear

Status
    It's here, it's here!

Having placed an order in June last year I got a call on Friday from the dealer that my shiny new S3 is finally in-country. Going in a week today to sort out paperwork and then all being well will pick up next Friday (b*gger waiting for new plates, it's on a 3 year finance deal ).

A quick query for all you lucky sorts that have already picked yours up. I've seen the thread on what to ask for/check at the dealer, but given that you've all already been through the process, what extra question/check/request would you make if you could do it again?

The last new car I picked up was a Peugeot 206Gti when i was at university so thinking I'll probably be a little more focused and detail orientated this time around!

Cheers all

Nathaniel

3rd Gear

Status
    Not what I want to hear - My build week starts today and I'm hoping for a 1st March pickup

Hope you're right that the system hasn't been updated

At this time of year with new registration due you would have thought they wouldn't be hanging around at the ports

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Not what I want to hear - My build week starts today and I'm hoping for a 1st March pickup

At this time of year with new registration due you would have thought they wouldn't be hanging around at the ports
    Quite disappointing really. My car will be headed for Tyne port whenever it may leave Emden. I am away offshore on the 6th Feb for 2 weeks so dying to get my hands on it before then. There must be a fair amount of cars waiting if nothing left in the past ten days!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quite disappointing really. My car will be headed for Tyne port whenever it may leave Emden. I am away offshore on the 6th Feb for 2 weeks so dying to get my hands on it before then. There must be a fair amount of cars waiting if nothing left in the past ten days!
    It is very disappointing especially for you at the moment - Going to be tight for 6th Feb I think

With such long delivery times not just S3 as A3 is built on the same line there must be so many cars coming out of the factory every day and I understand that they have a direct train link to the port - Maybe the weather is bad in Germany at the moment although I haven't seen anything about Europe only America

Hope you manage to get it before the 6th if only for a day or so
    Scotty2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post

There are ships leaving Emden and arriving in one of the three UK ports used by Audi, Sheerness, Grimsby and Tyne on a daily basis at this busy time of year.
    Schelde Highway is docked in Emden at the moment and is due to arrive in Grimsby tomorrow.
    EMS Highway is current docked in Grimsby have come from Emden.
    Last edited by h5djr; 27th January 2014 at 10:55.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Banned

Status
    How long from Grimsby to dealer these days. I gather Audi use Autologix these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    How long from Grimsby to dealer these days. I gather Audi use Autologix these days.
    Are you sure you car is coming in to Grimsby. Most cars for dealers in the South West come in to Sheerness.

The time taken from the port to the dealer can vary a lot. My current one took just a couple of days but a previous one took over a week. Just hope the transporter does not have an accident on the way. About a year ago one transporter (not carrying Audi's) ended up on it's side after trying to take a roundabout near us too fast. Cars every where and some very disappointed customers!
    Solly1 likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Banned

Status
    Yes Grimsby. Apparently most for SW come that way now.

Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Yes Grimsby. Apparently most for SW come that way now.
    When is you car due in to Grimsby - EMS Highway is docked there at the moment and Schelde Highway is leaving Emden today and due to arrive in Grimsby tomorrow.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Neutral

Status
    When is you car due in to Grimsby - EMS Highway is docked there at the moment and Schelde Highway is leaving Emden today and due to arrive in Grimsby tomorrow.

How have you got all this info on shipping? Any signs of anything leaving for Tyne?

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    My car was built on 13th Jan, arrived in Grimsby on 20th and is at the dealership now. But sadly no photo as is stored at their pdi centre which is off site (Coventry Audi).... Is that code for 'big muddy field'?? Lol
    J6YAK, Sparks43 and Scotty2011 like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    My car was built on 13th Jan, arrived in Grimsby on 20th and is at the dealership now. But sadly no photo as is stored at their pdi centre which is off site (Coventry Audi).... Is that code for 'big muddy field'?? Lol
    On that basis then, mine being built this week should be ok for a 1st March pickup - My dealers pdi centre is all concrete just not covered but hopefully won't be out too long anyway

Getting closer - Ordered September but light at the end of the tunnel hoorah!!
    Kempysue likes this.

How have you got all this info on shipping? Any signs of anything leaving for Tyne?
    If you look at this website and enter the Port as Emden it will show you all the ships that are in the port, about to leave or have left in the last few days. It will also give their Destination. You should look for the ships with HIGHWAY in their name eg: Schelde Highway, EMS Highway etc as these are the ones owned by the company KESS which currently provide the shipping for Audi and VW to the UK. Your can also enter TYNE as the port to see what is due in the next few days.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/
    Sparks43 and Scotty2011 like this.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Neutral

Status
    If you look at this website and enter the Port as Emden it will show you all the ships that are in the port, about to leave or have left in the last few days. It will also give their Destination. You should look for the ships with HIGHWAY in their name eg: Schelde Highway, EMS Highway etc as these are the ones owned by the company KESS which currently provide the shipping for Audi and VW to the UK. Your can also enter TYNE as the port to see what is due in the next few days.

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic
    Nice one, thanks mate. I'll now be glued to the website the next few days!

1st Gear

Status
    Wish mine was new again, just rolled onto 1000miles!

3rd Gear

Status
    Great video here showing underside of the S3 as well as custom exhaust fitting 2014 Audi S3 (8V) Custom Sports Exhaust Build by Bull-X [Video]
    j16jrf likes this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

5th Gear

Status
    V nice!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thedooker On Twitter Visit thedooker's Youtube Channel
    Is it just me or does that exhaust not actually sound that good? Ok I know it's hard to get the sound right on a video but it sounds pretty boomy. I wonder if there will be a sports/race cat available for it soon (just to keep in line with the plod)
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

5th Gear

Status
    Yes mine was there for a while. Your car will be on a ship very soon.
    Scotty2011 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Yes mine was there for a while. Your car will be on a ship very soon.
    And mine; it was built in week 40 and I took delivery early week 44. It did sit in Emden for over a week.

Don't worry it will be here soon.
    Scotty2011 likes this.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RRB View Post
    A quick query for all you lucky sorts that have already picked yours up. I've seen the thread on what to ask for/check at the dealer, but given that you've all already been through the process, what extra question/check/request would you make if you could do it again?
    Nathaniel
    I'd have asked them for the full set of AMI cables, not just the ones they "thought" I might want.
    I'd also have asked them to switch on the visual display of the reverse parking sensors & the acoustic lock menu.

They are refusing to do it now!

1st Gear

Status
    Got the email from the dealership this morning saying my car has entered production! That's a week earlier than even their most recent update!
    J6YAK likes this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Got the email from the dealership this morning saying my car has entered production! That's a week earlier than even their most recent update!
    No such news on my one from Aberdeen yet, ordered at the start of October and still on build week 7!

3rd Gear

Status
    Apparently mine has arrived in Aberdeen. Ordered late September.
    J6YAK, PilotAudi and thedooker like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thedooker On Twitter Visit thedooker's Youtube Channel
    Apparently mine has arrived in Aberdeen. Ordered late September.

Sounds about right. I must have ordered mine about 2-3 weeks before you and I picked mine up nearly 3 weeks ago (bearing in mind I had a few days delay due to being offshore)
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thedooker View Post
    Is it just me or does that exhaust not actually sound that good? Ok I know it's hard to get the sound right on a video but it sounds pretty boomy. I wonder if there will be a sports/race cat available for it soon (just to keep in line with the plod)
    Yeah sounds a bit raspy to me, I think Milteks sound better but thought the video was good in terms of showing the guts of the exhaust etc
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco