Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 127 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2777117120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134137 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,080 of 6213
Like Tree3378Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    I hope you are all insisting on VPower or similar high octane fuel when Audi are filling them or half filling them.
    kenny_boon likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I hate looking at those dirty chrome exhausts... I make sure mine are always nice and clean. Unfortunately, they do tend to get dirty quite quickly.

Who's the bod in the car?
    Agreed, I clean mine every couple of days!! Only takes a minute and well worth the effort.
    kenny_boon and Battlekrapz like this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thedooker On Twitter Visit thedooker's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    Agreed, I clean mine every couple of days!! Only takes a minute and well worth the effort.
    Every time I wash the car I give them a quick rub with some Hob Brite - works a treat and isn't very abrasive
    J6YAK likes this.
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I hate looking at those dirty chrome exhausts... I make sure mine are always nice and clean. Unfortunately, they do tend to get dirty quite quickly.

Who's the bod in the car?
    Well done battle! You wouldn't of thought an official audi used car advert would have someone sitting in it would you!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Well done battle! You wouldn't of thought an official audi used car advert would have someone sitting in it would you!
    Yeah quite strange.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

3rd Gear

Status
    Guys,

My feedback from Audi UK on Estoril...

Estoril.jpg
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

1st Gear

Status
    they still havent got back to me lol but there you go then

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Guys,

My feedback from Audi UK on Estoril...

Estoril.jpg
    I think they need to inform their dealerships then! I'm build week 6 so I'm assuming I will be one of the lucky ones who will still get an Estoril blue S3.

3rd Gear

Status
    I expect so, Lucky bu£&er
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Banned

Status
    Joe ..you asked the Q about the Saloon.. has anyone clarified 'is Estoril Blue still available on any new Audis?'

Neutral

Status
    Just thinking.....
    And if it has been dropped( Estoril) any idea as to the replacement colour.
    Thank you for
    the update.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Joe ..you asked the Q about the Saloon.. has anyone clarified 'is Estoril Blue still available on any new Audis?'
    I did ask 'across the range' and 'discontinued' does suggest just that, as if it was just the saloon would be 'not available' on saloon? In any event, I have asked them again for further clarification just in case
    Last edited by Joetidman; 22nd January 2014 at 12:50.

1st Gear

Status
    I've finally gotta. Tweet back estoril has been completely discontinued across all models

1st Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    I've finally gotta. Tweet back estoril has been completely discontinued across all models
    I wonder when the last order will be/was accepted for Estoril blue?

4th Gear

Status
    When they say discontinued, does this mean that it can't be ordered as an exclusive colour on any future models? Are there any other colours that have been previously discontinued. Period. Sprint blue is no longer available as an S3 offered optional colour any longer but you can still buy it as an exclusive colour so is the plug on estoril blue being pulled completely?

1st Gear

Status
    I wonder why this has happened?

Perhaps there really are problems matching repaired panels.

I've seen a few RS6's in Estoril recently too.

3rd Gear

Status
    Final confirmation guys

Estoril 2.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    So basically if u want to pay 2.5k it's available otherwise nope

Banned

Status
    Glad I didn't order it! Was tempted until we saw it in the flesh, had hoped it would be more like Deep Sea Blue.. Nice enough colour.

4th Gear

Status
    Sweet! So I paid 795 less discount for a now exclusive audi colour! God is good!

For those left disappointed, I would still argue the point with audi UK that it is their fault which they need to rectify perhaps with some money back.

3rd Gear

Status
    Sweet! So I paid 795 less discount for a now exclusive audi colour! God is good!

For those left disappointed, I would still argue the point with audi UK that it is their fault which they need to rectify perhaps with some money back.
    You could have been a little less smug
    Louay and Kempysue like this.

Banned

Status
    [QUOTE=Louay;2063863]Sweet! So I paid 795 less discount for a now exclusive audi colour! God is good!

QUOTE]

You can have 1970's BL Harvest Gold as an Exclusive Colour Louay...

It is sad that Audi appear to have messed up on deep Sea Blue and now estoril...

Which God is good Louay, are we talking Greek or Roman here??

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    You could have been a little less smug
    Sorry Joe I didn't mean to be insensitive. It was just my initial thoughts and I didn't consider your unfortunate position so again I apologise. You still going with panther?

Banned

Status
    Sorry Joe I didn't mean to be insensitive. It was just my initial thoughts and I didn't consider your unfortunate position so again I apologise. You still going with panther?
    Take a look at Phantom in comparison.

3rd Gear

Status
    28152 (this is my order number on my invoice)
    A3 SB
    S3 Sportback 2.0 TFSIq 300 S tronic

06/01/2014
    / /
    / /
    24008718 (not sure)
    WHITTELL (surname)
    MPE
    WITH PRODUCTION WEEK
    17 (what does MPE mean?)

So had all the above emailed to me from my dealer today. I have annotated what is I'm guessing things that are easy to decipher - but what does MPE mean? Week 17 means it has been brought forward by 1 week as was quoted week 18 originally. However my sales guy says the order is now locked and can not be amended. It's still another 13 weeks before it's built! He is very confident it's going to turn up early as he says almost every A3 / A1 on order is coming through 4-5 weeks early. I hope this happens for me!

Oh and I'm very sad about Estroil........truly stunning colour.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

5th Gear

Status
    I'm just about to place my order and delayed due to not being able to decide on colour. I personally don't like estoril, it looks good in the sun but I didn't like it in the shade. Each to their own and all that.

I was really considering going exclusive and selecting Sepang or Nogaro - and even considered Riviera for a short time- I decided against it though and 'saved' the £1300 additonal cost over the metallic and have decided on monsoon grey (until I change my mind again )

What I'm hoping is though that Audi release another colour into the standard or metallic option on the S3/A3 - one less colour in the range now - and no option of a 'blue' which from a marketing stand point you would think someone senior in Audi would be thinking would limit their exposure to the market. Especially for those who choose on 'colour' alone. My mum for example picks her cars on size and does she like the colour haha.

So come on Audi - get your act together and add another colour
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't worry I'm only kidding, panther will be just great I'm sure, order all updated
    Louay likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I think they should release nogaro blue as an option, it would look great on a sportback.
    PilotAudi likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    I think they should release nogaro blue as an option, it would look great on a sportback.
    Not sure whether Audi would take a step backwards? I can't recall Audi releasing a colour as part of an optional extra not an exclusive colour but part of the optional swatch.

Surely they have the technology to create a whole new blue.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Some advice please guys... I'm looking at buying the service, maintenance and tyres (Audi complete) package but I have to decide whether to opt for fixed interval servicing or longlife. I do about 10,000 miles a year and it'll be a mixture of constant speed motorway driving as well as some fun fast acceleration being a girl-racer round town! So I fall between the two when it comes to deciding...
    Does the fixed interval servicing use longlife oil?? Is it better value for money opting for fixed interval servicing as you get a service every year as opposed to one service every "up to 20k miles" on the longlife service plan?
    HELP! :-)

1st Gear

Status
    For that amount of mileage is the package cost effective?

How much are they charging a month?

I would venture that you'll be fine on the variable service and could run a long time between services.

Neutral

Status
    Is it possible to disable ESP on the S3? Or is it like this, it's off until you press the brake?
    At least in the new Golf R you can disable it completely if I understood the article correctly (Not good in Germany language)
    VW Golf R: Erste Fahrt: 300 PS gegen die Biederkeit

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    For that amount of mileage is the package cost effective?

How much are they charging a month?

I would venture that you'll be fine on the variable service and could run a long time between services.
    It's £35.85pm based on 10k miles... Gives you servicing maintenance and tyres over the 3 years. I'm guessing I'll need 6 tyres over that period and 2 services....

1st Gear

Status
    Don't think it completely disables it I haven't tried it on mine but did on the demo car I had for a bit when launched ( manual) it still seemed to cut something back when clutch was released

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    It's £35.85pm based on 10k miles... Gives you servicing maintenance and tyres over the 3 years. I'm guessing I'll need 6 tyres over that period and 2 services....
    £35.85 a month = £1290 over 3 years.

If you are doing 30,000 miles you MAY get away with one variable service over 3 years, we usually do. First service at 16-18,000 miles circa £250. ( You should have negotiated free ones as part of deal ;-)...

Tyres I would say 6 tyres maximum, again you may get away with 4 depending on the tyres... at a max of £125 each = £500

Total = £750. Leaving you £540 just in case.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    looks like when the estoril guys go on to sell their cars they will be worth a pretty penny!
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    £35.85 a month = £1290 over 3 years.

If you are doing 30,000 miles you MAY get away with one variable service over 3 years, we usually do. First service at 16-18,000 miles circa £250. ( You should have negotiated free ones as part of deal ;-)...

Tyres I would say 6 tyres maximum, again you may get away with 4 depending on the tyres... at a max of £125 each = £500

Total = £750. Leaving you £540 just in case.
    Ok so maybe what I need to do is take the package out but cancel it at 18 months (~15k miles) which means I'll have paid out £645... And by that time I will have had 4xtyres (£460) plus a major service (£250 as you said).... Not much in it really....

Not like me not to be able to decide!! Pilot what sort of maintenance bills can I expect in the first couple of years? Brakes?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Awesome news the resale value of my EB S3 has just increased!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Banned

Status
    Not sure you can cancel after 18 months Sue. I think you sign up for the full term!! You aren't saving much anyway. We paid £410 for 4 tyres recently and reckon you could talk the dealer into a cheaper service too (£199!)

We've been running newish Audis/VW's for years the A/S3 tends to do around 10K miles a year and we sell after 3 years circa 26-36k miles. We've never had to pay for any routine maintenance at all apart from tyres and maybe a wiper blade or two.