AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 121 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2171111114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128131 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,840 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

  1. #4801
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    I'd give your dealer a quick call and get the lowdown. Fingers crossed you might be alright, but plan for the worst!
    Just rang them and the salesman is off! I've asked for someone to call me and clarify what is going on.

    i would imagine this will have a knock on with regards to current build dates.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #4802
    4th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    794
    Just spoke to my dealer. My car build week 6. LOCKED DOWN ORDER STATUS 20.

    Pheeeeeeeeeew!

  4. #4803
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Just spoke to my dealer. My car build week 6. LOCKED DOWN ORDER STATUS 20.

    Pheeeeeeeeeew!
    I should be fine then!

  5. #4804
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Just spoke to my dealer. My car build week 6. LOCKED DOWN ORDER STATUS 20.

    Pheeeeeeeeeew!
    Good for you!!
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

    Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

  6. #4805
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    No wind up. My dealer just called and said that the factory (or someone from Audi headquarters) had called Audi UK who had now passed this on. I think if you had a Jan build date you are OK, but after that, no chance. I didn't get a specific reason but I get the feeling it was manufacturing challenges, perhaps too difficult to maintain constant colour? I asked about Sepang, thinking I might get that exclusive paint as replacement but apprently thats being discontinued too. I don't know which way to go with colour really, as hadn't thought it would happen. If I had to make a decision immediately it would probably be a black, although haven't looked at which I favour.

    Very gutted as you kind of set your heart on these things, and imagine your car rocking up looking a certain way, but hey these things happen. I do worry a bit for current Estoril owners, as if its a manufacturing issue, they might struggle to get decent repairs done and colour matched I guess. I have to call back soon with my new colour so will dig deeper then on the reason....
    Congratulations to all Estoril owners! What promised to be a common S3 colour will now really be THE most exclusive S3 colour and definitely up re-sale - just don't scratch it.

    Shame about Sepang - that would've been my first choice if I wasn't so tight (and impatient).

    Will be interesting to see what colour is offered on the standard options as replacement. Sprint? Java? Samoa? Solar? Or a new crystal colour entirely?

  7. #4806
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Trouble is keyser.. it could become 'one of those' launch car colours...

  8. #4807
    JT-007's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Clackmannanshire
    Posts
    67
    I'm build week 10...............bugger

  9. #4808
    S3 TRS's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    324
    Just asked Ben at Newcastle audi. No reply as yet as it's his day off today but ill post here what he comes back with.
    JT-007 likes this.

  10. #4809
    JT-007's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Clackmannanshire
    Posts
    67
    I've just pinged an email to my dealer so will revert.

  11. #4810
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321
    Joe if I was you I'd request a exclusive colour for the same cost as estoril,

    And if it was me I'd go racing blue mica (stunning colour)
    J6YAK and Kempysue like this.

  12. #4811
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    Just asked Ben at Newcastle audi. No reply as yet as it's his day off today but ill post here what he comes back with.
    I was just about to PM you mate, I've asked someone to call me back as it's Bens day off.

  13. #4812
    JT-007's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Clackmannanshire
    Posts
    67
    Just got this back from my dealer......................

    "Hi Jamie

    All going well how are you?

    Don’t panic I have just called the Audi sales office and it’s only the saloon model in Estoril that is being discontinued you will be happy to hear.

    Your car will be built week 7 and I can expect it 3 to 4 weeks later.

    Best regards"

  14. #4813
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    157
    This is an interesting one. The 2 colours mentioned are Estoril (crystal) and Sepang (pearle), so it would imply the issue isn't with the crystal and/or pearle bits in the paint. If it was, I think the issue would be a much bigger problem! I know nothing about the chemistry of paint, but to me the only thing these 2 have in common, which other paints dont share, is that they're shades of blue. This leads me to wonder if it's a blue pigment issue. But as I say, it's just guesswork on my part.

    Possibly unrelated, but a friend only pointed out to me this morning that Ford have removed Spirit Blue from their website for the Focus ST. Does seem a bit of a coincidence though!

  15. #4814
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by JT-007 View Post
    Don’t panic I have just called the Audi sales office and it’s only the saloon model in Estoril that is being discontinued you will be happy to hear.
    That's good news then!

  16. #4815
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by JT-007 View Post
    Just got this back from my dealer......................

    "Hi Jamie

    All going well how are you?

    Don’t panic I have just called the Audi sales office and it’s only the saloon model in Estoril that is being discontinued you will be happy to hear.

    Your car will be built week 7 and I can expect it 3 to 4 weeks later.

    Best regards"
    Hum, a different message to what I received then, I will call my dealer back and get more info. Why not offer the same colours for saloon as hatch?
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

    Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

  17. #4816
    Joetidman's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    694
    If it's just saloons apols for sending people into a panic!
    Louay and JT-007 like this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

    Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

  18. #4817
    JT-007's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Clackmannanshire
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Hum, a different message to what I received then, I will call my dealer back and get more info. Why not offer the same colours for saloon as hatch?
    I agree it's a bit weird. Be interesting what you get back

  19. #4818
    4th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    794
    Interesting, when I spoke to my dealer he checked the Audi Dealer portal and also said that he processed an order in for an estoril blue SQ5...

  20. #4819
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321
    I'd still ask for racing blue mica instead of estoril matey

  21. #4820
    JT-007's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Clackmannanshire
    Posts
    67
    Not seen it, any photos?

  22. #4821
    rams_s3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    276
    Audi have just rang me asking for another £435 as they forgot to take it on the day as it was on a separate invoice due it been for the gap insurance, funny because when they rang I thought they were returning my call earlier regarding the whereabouts of my service booklets, manuals etc as they were missing but to my shock he said "oh I'm not returning your call I didn't even know you'd rang". So what he was ringing for was £435 he forgot to take! Premium brand, 5 star service...all at audi!
    Kempysue likes this.

  23. #4822
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    115

    My Social Networking

    Add Kempysue on Facebook
    £435 for gap insurance!! Did you not barter as they offered it to me for £320 when I said its cheaper elsewhere... I'd argue that one...

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_s3 View Post
    Audi have just rang me asking for another £435 as they forgot to take it on the day as it was on a separate invoice due it been for the gap insurance, funny because when they rang I thought they were returning my call earlier regarding the whereabouts of my service booklets, manuals etc as they were missing but to my shock he said "oh I'm not returning your call I didn't even know you'd rang". So what he was ringing for was £435 he forgot to take! Premium brand, 5 star service...all at audi!

  24. #4823
    Pulp84's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    £435 for gap insurance!! Did you not barter as they offered it to me for £320 when I said its cheaper elsewhere... If argue that one...
    £299 I've got mine for. You can get it for £188 through ALA but know two people who had major delays claiming from them. My brothers Audi A1 was written off within 3 months of ownership and The Audi GAP paid up within 2 weeks.
    Kempysue likes this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

  25. #4824
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    All this talk about Estoril and problems... Don't hear that about the best colour Panther do you (longer standing colour I believe)...
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  26. #4825
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Nothing to do with compensation culture - I have enquired on several occasions about this and was told by Audi UK (not my dealer) that it would on there and has been wrong in every brochure - Might not be a deal breaker but don't advertise something if you can't deliver and certainly don't put in writing that this will be sorted

    Back page can't really apply on this occasion because it hasn't changed it was never there in the first place

    I'm not unduely worried but it is very poor when you are spending a lot of money on a car and these things are to set it apart from the model down
    You were told on here a number of times.
    keyser likes this.

  27. #4826
    rams_s3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    276
    Thanks, just done a few quotes. Audi might have to move a little on their price. Is it wrong to question them now I've signed and got the car though or would you still try it?

  28. #4827
    Pulp84's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by rams_s3 View Post
    Thanks, just done a few quotes. Audi might have to move a little on their price. Is it wrong to question them now I've signed and got the car though or would you still try it?
    If you haven't paid for it I doubt you are insured. If they want the sale they will have to move on price!
    Kempysue likes this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

  29. #4828
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    You were told on here a number of times.
    True but was also told directly from Audi that I would be getting it so you think they would have it correct 1st hand wouldn't you

  30. #4829
    rams_s3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    276
    I've got the certificate in my hand so I'm guessing they've already paid for it! Jus been quoted £169 on ALA

  31. #4830
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    True but was also told directly from Audi that I would be getting it so you think they would have it correct 1st hand wouldn't you
    Am I surprised that we know more than the dealer? Not at all, especially when it's about the top of the range model. The more complex, the less they know.

    Good luck with the attempt for compensation.
    If you do get any you should let us all know as we should all get the same thing.

  32. #4831
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by rams_s3 View Post
    I've got the certificate in my hand so I'm guessing they've already paid for it! Jus been quoted £169 on ALA
    I got mine for free.
    It's their error, just tell them you thought it was included, and make them an offer that you are happy to pay (£169).
    If they get funny about it, tell them to cancel and take out the ALA one.

  33. #4832
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    115

    My Social Networking

    Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    I got mine for free.
    It's their error, just tell them you thought it was included, and make them an offer that you are happy to pay (£169).
    If they get funny about it, tell them to cancel and take out the ALA one.
    I agree. Don't pay over £400 for a policy you can easily get for £250 less elsewhere.
    Solly1 likes this.

  34. #4833
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Am I surprised that we know more than the dealer? Not at all, especially when it's about the top of the range model. The more complex, the less they know.

    Good luck with the attempt for compensation.
    If you do get any you should let us all know as we should all get the same thing.
    This wasn't the dealer though this was directly from Audi UK after my dealer flagged it

    Will let you know if I hear anything - best case will probably be an extra half tank of fuel though

  35. #4834
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    115

    My Social Networking

    Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    This wasn't the dealer though this was directly from Audi UK after my dealer flagged it

    Will let you know if I hear anything - best case will probably be an extra half tank of fuel though

    Talking of which - how much fuel do they normally put in the car when you pick it up??

  36. #4835
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    I think there may be a few of us spending time en France

  37. #4836
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321
    Racing blue mica is on page 71 proper beautiful

  38. #4837
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    Racing blue mica is on page 71 proper beautiful
    Far, far better colour than Estoril.

  39. #4838
    4th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    794
    Estoril is classier than racing blue IMO
    Last edited by Louay; 15th January 2014 at 20:31.

  40. #4839
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    Talking of which - how much fuel do they normally put in the car when you pick it up??
    I think it's half a tank these days - used to be a full tank

  41. #4840
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Estoril is classier than racing blue IMO
    Some people's classy are another person's boring.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Popping the hood of the 2013 Audi S6
    By stuffedbackseat in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C7 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 21:22
  2. 2013 Audi A3 5d Sportback
    By trev0006 in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 21:56
  3. 2013 Audi A3 2.0T 6spd MT FWD....sline or not??
    By burbank2broward in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th September 2012, 21:05
  4. 2013 Audi R8 development
    By trev0006 in forum R8 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th September 2012, 20:06
  5. Leaked Official 2013 Audi A3 Photos
    By ABYSS in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 28th March 2012, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO