2013 Audi S3

I am week 3 too!

Delivery date sorted as March 1st, although will pop over end of February to do the (painful) paying bit and sign any docs I need to in advance and have a sneaky peek!

Taking their insurance for the 7 days and also gap.

hi all, well mine is sitting next to the dock in Germany waiting for a ship! in the meantime found this with some great shots for you to feast your eyes on.

Audi S3 - a set on Flickr

Reactions: PilotAudi and Kempysue
An interesting point. When is a car born... When the first panels are pressed... could be used on any car. When the main body is first welded together.... could still be used on any car of the same type. When the body is first painted... starts to become a particular car as the bodies are painted to order.... or is it when final assembly of all the bits to make the final car starts.

At least when your order reaches 'Build week' you know it will be coming to a dealer near you very soon....

Although we have week 4 confirmed, have just heard from the dealer that it is in production now as it is 'at comms status 2'... anyone know what that means?

Thanks Gazzz... no mention of comms 2 as far as I can see... could that be commission week 2???

OMG!! Just had THE call saying my car is at the dealers and I can collect it on Thursday!!

So when ordered in Nov build week was 3 collection mid Feb, then build week was moved to week 1 collection end Jan now it's here so a month earlier that first expected, which is great news and perfect timing as we are heading away for the weekend on Friday so I'll get to take the new beast with us :yahoo:

And an extra plus, called my insurance company to tell them of the change and they are due me £9 back!!! Bonus!

Reactions: Scotty2011, Aran383, gilesf and 5 others
OMG!! Just had THE call saying my car is at the dealers and I can collect it on Thursday!!

So when ordered in Nov build week was 3 collection mid Feb, then build week was moved to week 1 collection end Jan now it's here so a month earlier that first expected, which is great news and perfect timing as we are heading away for the weekend on Friday so I'll get to take the new beast with us :yahoo:

And an extra plus, called my insurance company to tell them of the change and they are due me £9 back!!! Bonus!

Ace!! Sounds like you got the same call as me "Oh your car is here, when do you want it?" :D

in other news - Mine is going back a week on Thursday for a warranty issue! :(

Must admit it being a little confused. Ordered from Aberdeen Audi late October, with a quoted bw10 and delivery in April. You order November with the same dealer and it's here now!

Noticed the other day that my passenger seatbelt sometimes hits the side of the car in my mk5 golf making a rattle but had the car 3 years and didn't really notice it before. Have a rattle from the centre console tho. Plastic part is slightly loose. Can hear above music too. Sooo annoying.

Must admit it being a little confused. Ordered from Aberdeen Audi late October, with a quoted bw10 and delivery in April. You order November with the same dealer and it's here now!

Sometimes ppl order the same cars then cancel the order even though the car is built so they allocate it to someone who has ordered the same spec and colour

Yeh that doesn't sound right, when I ordered there was one on order but no customer for it so already had a build slot I think, it was the last of the dealer allocation and was then changed to my spec.

I don't really know how the system works but after hearing so much stories on here about people's orders coming forward,getting pushed back it doesn't make much sense to me, and is a mystery how Audi work??
I guess it all depends on spec, they maybe are short on some parts for certain spec items causing delays for some therefore bringing others forward??
Who knows??

Yeh that doesn't sound right, when I ordered there was one on order but no customer for it so already had a build slot I think, it was the last of the dealer allocation and was then changed to my spec.

I don't really know how the system works but after hearing so much stories on here about people's orders coming forward,getting pushed back it doesn't make much sense to me, and is a mystery how Audi work??
I guess it all depends on spec, they maybe are short on some parts for certain spec items causing delays for some therefore bringing others forward??
Who knows??

I have the same thoughts about the massive variances in build dates from dealer to dealer and how some orders come early for some people. I think it must be spec driven to a degree. I'm also thinking by ordering a solid colour (which probably isn't massively popular on a car like an S3) it delays it. I'm not sure if they do "paint runs" but would make sense to do a batch of orders. Some runs would be more often than others (say Estoril) and hence quicker build date.

Last edited:

Aberdeen Audi turned my factory order around in 11 weeks.
Ordered early-mid September, collected late November.

Last edited:
Ordered end of august for beginning of March collection. 6 months estoril blue :-S

Reactions: Pulp84
It could be down to gearbox options as well. The manual cars often seem to have a smaller waiting time...

And have you worked out exactly how you are going to splurge that bonus? We wait with bated breath....

Well today is the day!!!:jump:

Not had much sleep!!

Reactions: Aran383, Louay, Sparks43 and 3 others
And have you worked out exactly how you are going to splurge that bonus? We wait with bated breath....

I just don't know what to spend it on?? Any suggestions welcome, you can get so much with £9 these days!!

Interesting thoughts on the time delays. I do recall back in 2002 In the July I ordered a new A4 V6 3.0 Cab for March 2003 delivery as there were long delays at launch. Apparently this was due to problems sourcing non-electric seats. Mine came in just 2 months with electric seats much to my surprise.. just had to have it early. I do wonder if it is a parts shortage issue but not sure what looking at the diversity of orders! Our last 8P was delayed by nearly 6 months in late 2010 due to Chinese demand.